33%

Total votes: 12

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

And JSO's Next Thread Will Be About...

Post by Ivytalk »

Have at it. Vote for one of these options or create your own! ;)
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
OL FU
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Furman

Re: And JSO's Next Thread Will Be About...

Post by OL FU »

I found one other person in the world who agrees with me on everything.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

I love how Trump owns people on the left like JSO and the media.

Its fun to watch a guy they say "isnt very smart" kick their ass on a daily basis.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:I love how Trump owns people on the left like JSO and the media.

Its fun to watch a guy they say "isnt very smart" kick their ass on a daily basis.
:lol:

I was wondering when you'd get back to this ^
It's tricky defending a clumsy buffoon
you have to know just when to hit the "he who is fooled by a fool is a fool" button

:notworthy:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Do you

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:Have at it. Vote for one of these options or create your own! ;)
I can fit all those themes into existing threads at this point. I could start one asking why reporters even bother to ask him questions. I mean like a little while ago I saw a reporter ask him if he ever asked that the Flynn investigation be terminated.

I mean really. WHO would expect him to say "yes" if he'd done that? The guy has repeatedly demonstrated that he is a serial liar. Asking him a question like that is pointless. You know he's going to say "no" regardless of what the truth is before you ask it.

I guess the point is to have him on video lying again when you find out he's lying again. But at this point is that really necessary? Anybody with an above room temperature IQ already knows that he's a serial liar. And you're going to catch him lying many times without having to do that. He's already shown that he will lie for no apparent reason without being prompted.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivy, your behavior is starting to make me suspect the horrifying possibility that someone intelligent enough to be accepted to Harvard voted for Trump. There's no excuse for that if it's true. Stupid people have the excuse of being stupid. People smart enough to have been accepted to Harvard have no excuse.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:Ivy, your behavior is starting to make me suspect the horrifying possibility that someone intelligent enough to be accepted to Harvard voted for Trump. There's no excuse for that if it's true. Stupid people have the excuse of being stupid. People smart enough to have been accepted to Harvard have no excuse.
If you read my posts, you'd know that I voted for Gary Johnson. I do know some quite bright Harvard people -- very few, but some -- who voted for Trump because Hillary was far worse and had to be defeated at all costs. I couldn't bring myself to pull the lever for Trump, because I don't think he's qualified to be President. I did hope that, if he won, he might "change his spots" and let the GOP Congress carry the laboring oar of governing. So far, my hope has been a vain one, but we'll see.

In fact, most of the DE GOP candidates this year were so lackluster that I voted Libertarian for Congress and governor as well. But thanks for the assumption that Harvard doesn't accept stupid people. Believe me, it does.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Ivy, your behavior is starting to make me suspect the horrifying possibility that someone intelligent enough to be accepted to Harvard voted for Trump. There's no excuse for that if it's true. Stupid people have the excuse of being stupid. People smart enough to have been accepted to Harvard have no excuse.
If you read my posts, you'd know that I voted for Gary Johnson. I do know some quite bright Harvard people -- very few, but some -- who voted for Trump because Hillary was far worse and had to be defeated at all costs. I couldn't bring myself to pull the lever for a Trump, because I don't think he's qualified to be President. In fact, most of the DE GOP candidates this year were so lackluster that I voted Libertarian for Congress and governor as well. But thanks for the assumption that Harvard doesn't accept stupid people. Believe me, it does.
Well, that's a relief. I would love to talk to some of the Harvard people you know who think Hillary was worse. And believe me I thought Hillary was bad. Before it became evident that Trump could be the Republican nominee I was horrified by the thought of Hillary becoming President. But I just can't see the rationale for thinking that putting her into that position would be worse than putting a flipping emotionally immature and unstable child who is even more dishonest than she is into that position.

I'd like to see what they'd disagree with me about. Would they disagree with the assertion that he's even more dishonest than she is? I don't see how. Would they disagree with the assertion that he's emotionally unstable and immature? I don't see how.

But I'll never have the opportunity to ask.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: If you read my posts, you'd know that I voted for Gary Johnson. I do know some quite bright Harvard people -- very few, but some -- who voted for Trump because Hillary was far worse and had to be defeated at all costs. I couldn't bring myself to pull the lever for a Trump, because I don't think he's qualified to be President. In fact, most of the DE GOP candidates this year were so lackluster that I voted Libertarian for Congress and governor as well. But thanks for the assumption that Harvard doesn't accept stupid people. Believe me, it does.
Well, that's a relief. I would love to talk to some of the Harvard people you know who think Hillary was worse. And believe me I thought Hillary was bad. Before it became evident that Trump could be the Republican nominee I was horrified by the thought of Hillary becoming President. But I just can't see the rationale for thinking that putting her into that position would be worse than putting a flipping emotionally immature and unstable child who is even more dishonest than she is into that position.

I'd like to see what they'd disagree with me about. Would they disagree with the assertion that he's even more dishonest than she is? I don't see how. Would they disagree with the assertion that he's emotionally unstable and immature? I don't see how.

Well, John, I disagree that Trump is more dishonest than Hildabeast. She's in a league of her own on the corruption and hypocrisy front. But you don't see how, and enough bandwidth has been spent on that. :twocents:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Well, John, I disagree that Trump is more dishonest than Hildabeast. She's in a league of her own on the corruption and hypocrisy front. But you don't see how, and enough bandwidth has been spent on that. :twocents:
She doesn't have the media following, lined up fact checking her drool, like they are lined up like zombies, fact checking Trumps drool.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: If you read my posts, you'd know that I voted for Gary Johnson. I do know some quite bright Harvard people -- very few, but some -- who voted for Trump because Hillary was far worse and had to be defeated at all costs. I couldn't bring myself to pull the lever for a Trump, because I don't think he's qualified to be President. In fact, most of the DE GOP candidates this year were so lackluster that I voted Libertarian for Congress and governor as well. But thanks for the assumption that Harvard doesn't accept stupid people. Believe me, it does.

They would quickly decide you have Asperger's Syndrome and then later, they would cross the street when they see you coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

She's definitely more polished and well packaged, but she's a professional crook and I believe she would have MANY more cheerleaders than Trump currently does

Trump said he could shoot someone and his followers would still support him- but it is becoming evident that may not be entirely true of the GOP congress-

Hillary would have been significantly more enabled- she and her surrogates would be accusing her opponents of misogyny and racism and vaginaphobia and fifty other isms. But it would be just a slightly more annoying than Trump's generalized whining about the media

And the critics of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump would currently be giving their resounding approval of Chelsea's policy office in the White House

I might reach the point where I would think we'd be better off with Hillary, but nothing has happened yet to tip that scale for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

She's without question more of an adult than Trump
But that's not necessarily an endorsement either

The complete lack of dignity and respect for the office is a little alarming
And who knew Trump would (every single time) point at somebody else no matter what
The guy has zero adult accountability traits, typically only children deflect and deny this much

You're the President of the United States - own it - for f*cks sake
But he won't - he just keeps passing the buck
everything is always everybody else's fault

Who knew being President was this hard
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:[
So I take it you're one of those that dismisses all of the fact checking that documents Trump as making false statements with much greater frequency than Hillary or, for that matter, anybody else they look at does.

I don't know what to do about that. We've got people out there that track such things and when you look at their data it's not even close. Trump is in a league of his own when it comes to making false statements. You can't always say they are lies. But there are times when there is no doubt. Like for instance saying that he never advocated taking action to remove Gaddafi in Lybia when he's on Youtube advocating taking direct military action to do it. Or saying the NFL sent him a letter expressing concern over a debate schedule then having the NFL say "no we didn't."

To me it's really, really obvious that Trump is WAY worse than Hillary or any other politician of our lifetimes when it comes to just lying on impulse repeatedly. And I must admit I'm perplexed when I see someone disagree with that premise BECAUSE it is so obvious.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Chizzang wrote: And who knew Trump would (every single time) point at somebody else no matter what
The guy has zero adult accountability traits, typically only children deflect and deny this much
I actually linked a Psychology Today article early on during the Republican primaries in which a psychologist pointed to Trumps' blaming behavior as part of her assessment that he displayed the classic signs of childish behavior in an adult. I've looked up the article again recently and she has edited it so that it no longer specifically refers to Trump. Now its just an article about spotting signs of childish behavior in adult with no allusions to Trump (see https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/re ... dish-adult).

But back during the Republican primaries it was about Trump. And the woman even asked, in the article, if we wanted a badly behaved child in the oval office.

Anyway, there were those who recognized his tendency to point at somebody else no matter what from the beginning.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
So I take it you're one of those that dismisses all of the fact checking that documents Trump as making false statements with much greater frequency than Hillary or, for that matter, anybody else they look at does.

I don't know what to do about that. We've got people out there that track such things and when you look at their data it's not even close. Trump is in a league of his own when it comes to making false statements. You can't always say they are lies. But there are times when there is no doubt. Like for instance saying that he never advocated taking action to remove Gaddafi in Lybia when he's on Youtube advocating taking direct military action to do it. Or saying the NFL sent him a letter expressing concern over a debate schedule then having the NFL say "no we didn't."

To me it's really, really obvious that Trump is WAY worse than Hillary or any other politician of our lifetimes when it comes to just lying on impulse repeatedly. And I must admit I'm perplexed when I see someone disagree with that premise BECAUSE it is so obvious.
Trump is worse by your metric

Which is as valid as anybody else's
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

:shock:
16__Does Ivytalk's mother really swim out to meet troop ships at sea ?
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:

John, you're conflating simple political lying with corruption. That's where we disagree about the meaning of dishonesty.Clinton lined her pockets via the Clinton Foundation, where she extracted mega-bucks from foreign governments as the price of access to power. What has Trump done to match that? (Note to self: kick yourself in the ass immediately for provoking another multiparagraph response.)
Last edited by Ivytalk on Fri May 19, 2017 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Aho Old Guy wrote:Re: And JSO's Next Thread Will Be About...

:shock:
16__Does Ivytalk's mother really swim out to meet troop ships at sea ?
17. Is Aho Toad Guy as big an asshat as his posts would lead you to believe? :tothehand:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Chizzang wrote: And who knew Trump would (every single time) point at somebody else no matter what
I actually linked a Psychology Today article early on during the Republican primaries in which a psychologist pointed to Trumps' blaming behavior as part of her assessment that he displayed the classic signs of childish behavior in an adult. I've looked up the article again recently and she has edited it so that it no longer specifically refers to Trump. Now its just an article about spotting signs of childish behavior in adult with no allusions to Trump (see https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/re ... dish-adult).

But back during the Republican primaries it was about Trump. And the woman even asked, in the article, if we wanted a badly behaved child in the oval office.

Anyway, there were those who recognized his tendency to point at somebody else no matter what from the beginning.
Classic signs of "Childish Behavior in an Adult"?

Is that a disorder listed in the DSM 5?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Trump thrives on publicity, and even bad publicity is publicity. As an egomaniac, he's loving it. What in hells name would he do if the media left him along.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Gil Dobie wrote:Trump thrives on publicity, and even bad publicity is publicity. As an egomaniac, he's loving it. What in hells name would he do if the media left him along.
Good thought, Gil. Except the media are making too much money off of Trump to do a news blackout.