Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:58 pm Image
Describes the Squad to a tee. Well done.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

SPAM in an anti-theft device is the perfect metaphor for the Biden administration. :lol:

https://www.ktvu.com/news/new-york-city ... rime-spike
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pure gold!

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Fair?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:31 pm Fair?

No :dunce: Because an erectile dysfunction drug is a lot more akin to a female infertility drug, than an abortion. So you going to have female infertility drugs banned too?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

We live in such a stupid country filled with so many stupid people. That Bismark guy was right about America and drunks and fools. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDK and Ganny are both right. Regardless (or irregardless for CID), it is funny and ironic and I'm glad it's being introduced so they'll have to address it.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:26 am

BDK and Ganny are both right. Regardless (or irregardless for CID), it is funny and ironic and I'm glad it's being introduced so they'll have to address it.
:nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Newspeak.

Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:03 pm Newspeak.

She says this while the autocrats in charge are in full edit mode to change the definition of recession while at the same time they can't even provide the definition for a woman.

She never fails to step on every rake in the garden. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Baldy wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:55 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:03 pm Newspeak.

She says this while the autocrats in charge are in full edit mode to change the definition of recession while at the same time they can't even provide the definition for a woman.

That and her definitions suck.
  • Woke isn't about being considerate. If they were considerate, they would also be considerate of the opinions and perspectives of conservatives.
  • Liberal isn't about being kind. At it's essence, it's about being open-minded and respectful of others.
  • Choice might be a part of freedom but it applies to vaccines just as much as to abortions.
I don't think kalm agrees with her definitions either. At least I hope he doesn't. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:55 pm

• Woke isn't about being considerate. If they were considerate, they would also be considerate of the opinions and perspectives of conservatives.
  • Liberal isn't about being kind. At it's essence, it's about being open-minded and respectful of others.
  • Choice might be a part of freedom but it applies to vaccines just as much as to abortions.
I don't think kalm agrees with her definitions either. At least I hope he doesn't. :coffee:
I can argue with and find some truth in all of it.

I choose to be “woke” in that I’m becoming more considerate to culture. Should it be codified, lead to cancel culture, etc? No. But I understand how it leads to that. You could easily attribute wokeness to other areas like religion.

I agree with your definition of liberal. Kindness should transcend ideology.

Choice does indeed = freedom at its core. That’s the idea of the constitution, along with the warming that as long as your freedoms don’t effect the freedom of others.

What are your preferred definitions of all three?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

To wit…A current example of right wing wokism in our neck of the woods.
SPOKANE, Wash. — A statue of a clenched fist that drew heavy criticism from people in Coeur d’Alene is now on display at a Spokane art gallery.

The piece, titled “Solidarity,” is of a closed fist being hoisted in the air. The Coeur d’Alene City Council voted 5-1 that the sculpture was too divisive and offensive and would not allocate public funds for a stipend.

Public testimony from locals said the symbol has ties to Karl Marx, Black Lives Matter and the communist party. Artist Rick Davis says his artwork depicts those who fight for human rights and stand with marginalized groups.

“I was inspired to create this piece because I find it to be a powerful contemporary and historic symbol of solidarity with those who struggle for human rights and stand with marginalized groups,” Davis said. “The symbol has been used by movements for equality and civil rights around the world and is a global icon for those who fight against oppression and authoritarianism.”
https://www.kxly.com/controversial-scul ... &fs=e&s=cl
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:38 pm
SPOKANE, Wash. — A statue of a clenched fist that drew heavy criticism from people in Coeur d’Alene is now on display at a Spokane art gallery.

The piece, titled “Solidarity,” is of a closed fist being hoisted in the air. The Coeur d’Alene City Council voted 5-1 that the sculpture was too divisive and offensive and would not allocate public funds for a stipend.

Public testimony from locals said the symbol has ties to Karl Marx, Black Lives Matter and the communist party. Artist Rick Davis says his artwork depicts those who fight for human rights and stand with marginalized groups.

“I was inspired to create this piece because I find it to be a powerful contemporary and historic symbol of solidarity with those who struggle for human rights and stand with marginalized groups,” Davis said. “The symbol has been used by movements for equality and civil rights around the world and is a global icon for those who fight against oppression and authoritarianism.”
I don't disagree that there is rightwing wokism but I'm not sure this is a good example of it. The closed fist does have ties to Marx, communism and leftwing extremism. It's kind of like the Betsy Ross, Gadsden and Gonzales flags, etc. with their ties to rightwing extremism in that regard. I almost included it in my post in the miscellaneous thread about symbols that should be on the FBI guidelines for symbols that indicate violent extremist groups (along with the AnTiFa flags, Anarchist A and Hammer & Sickle and I would have included the Chinese star but it's so generic it could apply to a lot of things).

I've been consistent that communism and it's icons should be held in the same regard as fascism and it's icons.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:10 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:38 pm

I don't disagree that there is rightwing wokism but I'm not sure this is a good example of it. The closed fist does have ties to Marx, communism and leftwing extremism. It's kind of like the Betsy Ross, Gadsden and Gonzales flags, etc. with their ties to rightwing extremism in that regard. I almost included it in my post in the miscellaneous thread about symbols that should be on the FBI guidelines for symbols that indicate violent extremist groups (along with the AnTiFa flags, Anarchist A and Hammer & Sickle and I would have included the Chinese star but it's so generic it could apply to a lot of things).

I've been consistent that communism and it's icons should be held in the same regard as fascism and it's icons.
Don’t you…forget about this…

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:37 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:10 pm

:clap: Nice!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Government That Shut Down Businesses, Parks, Schools, Beaches, And Churches For 2 Years Says There’s Nothing We Can Do To Stop A Disease Spread By Gay Sex
U.S. — The government that shut down beaches, parks, churches, schools, birthday parties, restaurants, retail shops, bars, cafes, skate parks, funerals, and hundreds of other locations, gatherings, and events across the country to slow the spread of COVID-19 announced Friday that there is "absolutely nothing we can think of" that would help slow the spread of monkeypox, a disease that is spread almost exclusively through gay sex.

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky held a press conference today where she made the somber announcement that they've tried everything and can't think of a single thing that would stop the spread of this disease which spreads via homosexual encounters.

"Uh... yeah, nothing we can think of that would help prevent this," said Walensky of the virus that is infecting only gay men the vast majority of the time. "Just, uh, keep doing what you're doing. We don't want to disrupt essential activities such as gay orgies where monkeypox is spreading almost exclusively. We wouldn't expect gay men to be able to abstain from having sex with dozens of strangers for a couple of weeks. That's, uh, that's what we think of them."

"So just keep on having anonymous sex with whoever. We've done all we can do."

At publishing time, the government that said you couldn't have a funeral for your grandma or see your dying wife one last time had declared all gay orgies to be an "essential activity."
https://babylonbee.com/news/government- ... by-gay-sex
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:42 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:37 pm

:clap: Nice!
I was hoping you’d approve.

:mrgreen: