Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:11 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:02 am

Well...for one I don't see Obama flags flying. My two neighbors still have Trump flags flying. There is a lot of Obama apparel and such so that's a push. I don't recall boat parades or golf cart parades decked like we saw with Trump. Maybe Conservatives were more enthusiastic and wanted to wrap their cars, trucks, boats, etc... in Trumps name and face as opposed to Liberals. There's certainly a level of hero worship in both camps. A cult of personality for both but one is certainly more so than the other. :twocents:

I'm not going to say how much one loves America more than the other - not sure that's quantifiable based of political statements. Those are to be taken with a grain of salt.
I'm saying Trump co-opted Red, White and Blue and made it about how wonderful America was. A big easy brand to align with. I rather wear something that shows I love America as opposed to hating it. I think you're trying to look too deep.
Is it only skin deep? There's nothing deeper there? I get you want to show your love or pride for something and there isn't anything wrong with that, I have many band t-shirts; but my entire identity, every conversation, my house, car, office, social media, etc... isn't adorned with Nirvana or Pink Floyd gear.

That's the point i'm getting at - it's become people's identity.

Full Disclosure - I have 3 American flags (two that fly at the house) and a pair of Trump Socks (christmas gift). :D
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

NJ brewer produced a funny beer.

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

CitadelGrad wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:27 am

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

kalm wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:45 am
GannonFan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:37 am

No offense, but who dresses their kids up in so much political gear? Other than my wife owning a RBG t-shirt, we don't have anything we own that has a political message or tilt to it.
Cultists.

I’ve never owned a single piece of political apparel.
The only shirt I own is a HIllary shirt given to me by my MIL - never worn, but since it was a great from Alex's Mom, I can't throw it away.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:13 am
kalm wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:45 am

Cultists.

I’ve never owned a single piece of political apparel.
Initiated by the Cult of Obama. :nod: :nod: :nod:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:26 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:13 am

Initiated by the Cult of Obama. :nod: :nod: :nod:
I'm not sure the two can be compared. Democrats weren't wrapping their entire identity, cars, boats, etc... into that of Obama. Not on the scale of MAGA. It's not even close.
There are still multiple "Trump Stores" selling nothing but made-in-China Trump branded apparel, signs, etc. Never been an Obama store
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:29 am

I'm not sure the two can be compared. Democrats weren't wrapping their entire identity, cars, boats, etc... into that of Obama. Not on the scale of MAGA. It's not even close.
I wonder why? One hated America and the other loved America. Someone had better branding.
Yup - Obama Loved America, Trump Hates America
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:29 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:49 am
Of course you don't - you're an alt-right partisan hack. OF COURSE, you can't make objective conclusions.
Chauvin didn't execute anyone. Evidence is strong that fentanyl killed St. George, patron saint of holding guns to the abdomens of pregnant women, while he was resisting arrest. Ashli Babbit was not armed and not involved in any kind of physical altercation with anyone. She was executed.
You either are a troll, or so divorced from reality that you should be committed to an asylum.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:33 pm

There are still multiple "Trump Stores" selling nothing but made-in-China Trump branded apparel, signs, etc. Never been an Obama store
Uh....
https://thebluedeal.com/collections/obama-store

I like the tagline for the store: "Helping Democrats Take Over the World One Yard Sign at a Time".
And I like the bumper sticker with Trump and Obama: "Orange is NOT the new Black".
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:37 pm
dbackjon wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:33 pm

Uh....

I like the tagline for the store: "Helping Democrats Take Over the World One Yard Sign at a Time".
And I like the bumper sticker with Trump and Obama: "Orange is NOT the new Black".
I went with my wife to a 65 mi yard sale this past weekend. Aside from a bust of Mitt Romney (i'll upload the picture) there were numerous tables and tents with Trump flags selling Trump dolls, shirts, hats, lanyards, stickers, flags, cut outs, pens, note books, etc... and of course the ever so classy " Fuck Biden" and " Fuck Biden and Fuck you for voting for him" flags
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:50 pm

Uh....

I went with my wife to a 65 mi yard sale this past weekend. Aside from a bust of Mitt Romney (i'll upload the picture) there were numerous tables and tents with Trump flags selling Trump dolls, shirts, hats, lanyards, stickers, flags, cut outs, pens, note books, etc... and of course the ever so classy " Fuck Biden" and " Fuck Biden and Fuck you for voting for him" flags
How many flags did you buy? 10, 15?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Uh....

Capitalism at its finest. Sell the customer what they want. :nod:

And fuck Joe Biden!
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:58 am

Chauvin didn't execute anyone. Evidence is strong that fentanyl killed St. George, patron saint of holding guns to the abdomens of pregnant women, while he was resisting arrest. Ashli Babbit was not armed and not involved in any kind of physical altercation with anyone. She was executed.
Ashli was just a tourist that ran into a group of MAGAtards trespassing and vandalizing property? Give me a fucking break.
There is no evidence that she participated in the destruction of property. Even if she did, summary, extra-judicial execution is not the appropriate punishment.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:35 pm

You either are a troll, or so divorced from reality that you should be committed to an asylum.
You can't refute a single word of that post.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:38 pm

And fuck Joe Biden!
My man. 8-)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:26 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:58 am Ashli was just a tourist that ran into a group of MAGAtards trespassing and vandalizing property? Give me a fucking break.
There is no evidence that she participated in the destruction of property. Even if she did, summary, extra-judicial execution is not the appropriate punishment.
Wasn't she literally kicking down a door minutes (seconds) before being shot?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:29 am

I wonder why? One hated America and the other loved himself. Someone had better branding.
FYP and that could still apply to either.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:58 am Ashli was just a tourist that ran into a group of MAGAtards trespassing and vandalizing property? Give me a fucking break.
I won't lose sleep over the death of this traitor. Act like a terrorist, die like a terrorist.

The police showed way too much restraint with traitors that day.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:38 pm

And fuck Joe Biden!
Don't get me wrong - if people want to blow their money on Trump/Obama/etc... flags and shit then go for it. When it comes to bands that I really enjoy, I'm the same way. But let's not pretend there's not a cult of personality here.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:01 am

I won't lose sleep over the death of this traitor. Act like a terrorist, die like a terrorist.

The police showed way too much restraint with traitors that day.
She wasn’t black enough to warrant that harsh of a response.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

She was advancing, inside a building she shouldn't have been in, towards armed guards who told them get back. She failed to "back the blue". Comply with police orders and you should be fine. She wasn't supposed to be there. You can't refute that.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:31 am

She was advancing, inside a building she shouldn't have been in, towards armed guards who told them get back. She failed to "back the blue". Comply with police orders and you should be fine. She wasn't supposed to be there. You can't refute that.
I have zero problem with the guard shooting her.

But whooooooo dog can you imagine the outrage if she'd been black???? :shock: :shock: :shock:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:56 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:31 am

I have zero problem with the guard shooting her.

But whooooooo dog can you imagine the outrage if she'd been black???? :shock: :shock: :shock:
I agree with my esteemed colleague from Texas.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)