Political discussions
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Rep. Scalise Shot

Post by Gil Dobie »

dbackjon wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Jesus...you're putting in a lot of OT to excuse someone from committing a crime. If Democrats were shot there'd be a "**** YOU" thread and miles and miles of bullshit articles from Vox and Huff Po..... :ohno:

No excusing him. Bernie attracted some crazy ass mother ****, most of whom, like this douche, ended up voting Stein or no one.

And if a Dem was shot, the rest of you would be making excuses....
If a Dem was shot, facebook would be flooded with hate for Trump and guns. Nothing on facebook about this today.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

dbackjon wrote: And if a Dem was shot, the rest of you would be making excuses....
This is complete bullshit.

It depends on which Dem.
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

Z hasn't posted today yet, has he?
Hodgkinson looks and sounds an awful lot like him... :?

"Jamie Craig, bar manager at Pork Barrel BBQ in Del Ray, said James Hodgkinson had been coming to the restaurant on and off for months.

He preferred to drink Budweiser in the can, she said, and sometimes mocked craft beers as too fancy. She said he liked to watch golf on TV and was in town at least as early as April 6, when he came to the bar to watch the Masters.

“All the bartenders here have served him,” she said. “Each and every one of us described him as kind of creepy and not a friendly person.”
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
You are a hyperinsulated little girl if you think tyranny describes anything anyone is experiencing in this country

Oh I agree. That was Rand Paul last year. Back when the darkie was President and the GOP was calling him a tyrant and dictator on a daily basis.

And back when Candidate Trump thought he was going to lose, and asked what could be done about Hillary as President...

Trump on Clinton: "Nothing you can do, folks, although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know.”
That's all well and good-

we have politicians talking about the potential for tyrannical government and why it justifies gun ownership

and then we have a guy who goes and shoots up a GOP baseball practice because "tyranny"?

I think there needs to be actual tyranny going on for your logic/moral relevancy to work

and I'm not talking about "the government taxes my pink thongs too much or some other such drama queen nonsense" tyranny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

bandl wrote:Z hasn't posted today yet, has he?
Hodgkinson looks and sounds an awful lot like him... :?

"Jamie Craig, bar manager at Pork Barrel BBQ in Del Ray, said James Hodgkinson had been coming to the restaurant on and off for months.

He preferred to drink Budweiser in the can, she said, and sometimes mocked craft beers as too fancy. She said he liked to watch golf on TV and was in town at least as early as April 6, when he came to the bar to watch the Masters.

“All the bartenders here have served him,” she said. “Each and every one of us described him as kind of creepy and not a friendly person.”
Did he play AC/DC on the jukebox?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CAA Flagship wrote:
dbackjon wrote: And if a Dem was shot, the rest of you would be making excuses....

It depends on which Dem.
You've been on a roll lately

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ibanez wrote:Doesn't this belong in the "Rednecks on Rampage" thread?

Very sad....regardless of your political differences, you do you and your cause no favors by committing crimes (especially assassination).
Yes I used to think the same kind of thing as a pro life person when pro lifers would shoot abortion doctors. You do nothing but hurt your cause when you do stuff like that.

The guy reportedly really hated Republicans. What he did today helped the Republicans a lot. I even expect to see Trump's job approval and favorability ratings tick up after having been in generally downward trends since he took office. I think cultural psychology works like that. Changes the subject big time too and gives people like Newt Gingrich an angle to use.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

93henfan wrote:
kalm wrote:Wow. This one came completely out of left field.
Shallow left field according to eyewitnesses. Dude was a terrible shot it sounds like.
I agree. I am by no means a really good shot and I haven't fired a gun for years. But when I was a kid I spent a lot of times in the woods plinking around with a 22. You know, shooting cans and such. Little birds. Squirrels. Iron sights. And it's hard for me to see how someone with a rifle and a bunch of fish in the barrel like that did so little damage unless maybe the rifle wasn't sighted well. Like, as I understand it, completely missing something as large as an adult human male on his first shot (the guy at third base). And from the accounts I heard this was not a long distance. It was close.

Of course maybe as soon as he took his first shot the law enforcement people there returned fire and that kept him from calmly aiming. Maybe that was it.
Could I ever be a star?

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:=
I think there needs to be actual tyranny going on for your logic/moral relevancy to work

and I'm not talking about "the government taxes my pink thongs too much or some other such drama queen nonsense" tyranny
At that point it would be far too late, right?

Not defending this fuckstick at all. Just trying to figure out where the "tree of liberty" people justifiably draw the line.

In the modern age - our system of government and checks and balances will protect us far better than armed citizens, imo. If our system of government and checks an balances fail - it won't matter whether you're armed or not.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

CAA Flagship wrote:

It depends on which Dem.

good point. If it was pelosi, you'd be partying.
:thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

dbackjon wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: This is complete bullshit.

It depends on which Dem.

Partying? Nah. She's a wop. I would just have a simple celebration over lasagna.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

And he has since changed his story, BDKKKJMU.

You are just upset it wasn't a Democrat being shot this time.
Link?

All the updates I'm seeing have Duncan saying the guy he spoke to was the shooter, and that he asked if it was Democrats or Republicans who were practicing
The faggotry must be clouding his vision.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

No excusing him. Bernie attracted some crazy ass mother ****, most of whom, like this douche, ended up voting Stein or no one.

And if a Dem was shot, the rest of you would be making excuses....
I'm sure BDK would however I don't believe most people would seriously excuse someone for this.
:tothehand: :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

In the first several hours after it hit the interwebs that this guy was a hardcore donk, conk hating, Bernie campaign worker, CNN (and I bet a lot of other media on the left) makes no mention of this guys lefty background. And any mention they do make will be downplayed.

Now contrast that with the aftermath of the Aurora, Co theater shooting a few years back. Shortly after authorities released the name of the suspect, James Homes, the mainstream media, led by ABC's Brian Ross, started spreading a story about how Holmes was a right winger & member of the Tea Party.... Except oops, it was the wrong James Holmes.

Imagine if everything was flipped and if this had been the donk baseball practice, and a crazy right wing, Trump campaign volunteer, had gone on a shooting spree. Do you think CNN wouldn't mention that for hours? They and the rest of the liberal msm would make that the #1 aspect of the story from the 1st min.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BDKJMU wrote:In the first several hours after it hit the interwebs that this guy was a hardcore donk, conk hating, Bernie campaign worker, CNN (and I bet a lot of other media on the left) makes no mention of this guys lefty background. And any mention they do make will be downplayed.

Now contrast that with the aftermath of the Aurora, Co theater shooting a few years back. Shortly after authorities released the name of the suspect, James Homes, the mainstream media, led by ABC's Brian Ross, started spreading a story about how Holmes was a right winger & member of the Tea Party.... Except oops, it was the wrong James Holmes.

Imagine if everything was flipped and if this had been the donk baseball practice, and a crazy right wing, Trump campaign volunteer, had gone on a shooting spree. Do you think CNN wouldn't mention that for hours? They and the rest of the liberal msm would make that the #1 aspect of the story from the 1st min.
I just watched CBS Evening News. They did mention that he was a Bernie volunteer but immediately cut to a shot of Bernie condemning the attack. They do always package their stories to protect liberals and slander conservatives. I watch it almost daily for entertainment purposes only.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:=

At that point it would be far too late, right?

Not defending this **** at all. Just trying to figure out where the "tree of liberty" people justifiably draw the line.

In the modern age - our system of government and checks and balances will protect us far better than armed citizens, imo. If our system of government and checks an balances fail - it won't matter whether you're armed or not.
I'll let you and Jon discuss this nonsensical topic among yourselves

While you're at it you can ponder why every president since who knows when has sent weapons to people fighting tyranny

(of the head chopping type.... not the "we're out of latte" type)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote: While you're at it you can ponder why every president since who knows when has sent weapons to people fighting tyranny

Lol. I'd be curious to see what % of those weapons we send countries are available to purchase by US citizens.

We're sending things like TOWs - not deer rifles.

If US citizens were armed with military grade weapons, it might be a different story. :lol:

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Rep. Scalise Shot

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote: While you're at it you can ponder why every president since who knows when has sent weapons to people fighting tyranny

Lol. I'd be curious to see what % of those weapons we send countries are available to purchase by US citizens.

We're sending things like TOWs - not deer rifles.

If US citizens were armed with military grade weapons, it might be a different story. :lol:

The #1 weapon we have sent to rebel groups around the world is assault rifles. Not even close with the other stuff -

The principle is the same - AND it has nothing to do with the ridiculous comparison Jon made and you appear to be trying to prop up
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:In the first several hours after it hit the interwebs that this guy was a hardcore donk, conk hating, Bernie campaign worker, CNN (and I bet a lot of other media on the left) makes no mention of this guys lefty background. And any mention they do make will be downplayed..
That is simply not true. I was watching CNN this morning when it happened and continued to flip around and watch various outlets all day. Outlets like CNN and MSNBC have clearly been talking about the guy's background. In fact I remember at lunch seeing the thing with him with a sign about taxing the rich. And I remember turning the TV on at lunch and seeing the thing where he volunteered for the Sanders campaign.

You really do need to quit buying this kind of crap. I watched nothing but CNN and MSNBC all day and I knew from early on about his background. Hates Republicans. Facebook posts indicating so. Sanders volunteer. All that stuff.

To say that outlets like CNN didn't report this stuff is just absurd.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

93henfan wrote:Elephant in the room:

How can these guys not get a decent healthcare plan or even a budget passed with weeks and months (nay years) to work on it, but they're out on a baseball diamond at 5:30am? Dafuk?
This was my very first thought when this story first broke....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

dbackjon wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: This is complete bullshit.

It depends on which Dem.

Goddamn right.............same as I am now. Any politician that gets shot is all right with me. Too bad this guy didn't take out 30.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

93henfan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:534 to go
Reported.
Somebody need their safe space..? :thumb: :roll:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:In the first several hours after it hit the interwebs that this guy was a hardcore donk, conk hating, Bernie campaign worker, CNN (and I bet a lot of other media on the left) makes no mention of this guys lefty background. And any mention they do make will be downplayed.

Bullshit as usual. Take a break, BDFKWT, in case you haven't noticed you've reached the point where your making JSO seem like the voice of reason..... :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CAA Flagship wrote:NBC reporting it was a 66-year old male from Illinois.

How old is houndawg?
Getting there....be two dead cops and a lot more dead conks if it were me. :nod:

Stupid fuck should have got the cops from beyond pistol range and he would have had plenty of time to grease every one of them pig fvckers. Best part was that weasel Ryan talk about solidarity like he's just one of us.

Long-term, donk marksmanship will improve as the ranks of liberal rednecks increase. Not alot of damage but a solid symbolic win. Let's see how the pig fvckers like the second amendment from the other end of the weapon. :x
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Scalise voted for the House Bill repealing the restriction on selling guns to the mentally ill...
:x

:rofl:
:lmao: :lmao: