Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Re: Things that be all racist n' sheit

Post by CitadelGrad »

Ibanez wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:
Every city has homeless, but only in San Francisco is it common for people on sidewalks have to sidestep human feces.

You clearly haven’t been to NYC or even Charlotte lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't been to Charlotte in years, but I've been to NYC much more recently. Didn't have to jump over any poop piles. Still had to avoid some rats, though.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I never have issues in NYC and I go there regularly on weekends. Granted I've never been to the Bronx, but I find NYC extremely pleasant. It's certainly cleaner than any other large East Coast city (besides DC) I've been to, although I've never been to Charlotte.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

CitadelGrad wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

You clearly haven’t been to NYC or even Charlotte lately.

I haven't been to Charlotte in years, but I've been to NYC much more recently. Didn't have to jump over any poop piles. Still had to avoid some rats, though.
They have a Dorothy Day Center across the street from where I used to work, which is also across the street from the Xcel Energy Center, where the Minnesota Wild Play. My company had armed security at the door, no problem with homeless using the bathrooms. I parked at the Xcel Ramp for several years, and most mornings had to tip-toe thru the sleeping homeless as I came out of the elevator at 5:30am. Skyways are a warm place for them to sleep, if they don't want to walk a block to the Dorothy Day Center.

Most large cities I've been to have a large homeless population. One exception, when I lived in Omaha, the homeless disappeared from downtown during President GHW Bush's visit to town. Rumor was, most were given bus tickets out of town.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/politics ... index.html

Harvard used "personality indices" in admissions and Asians got the lowest scores. Shocker.

Just goes to show you what a farce "holistic admissions" are. They will rig the criteria to get the demographic outcomes they want, which just shows that no matter what kind of Orwellian linguistic mental gymnastics you do, affirmative action is still discrimination.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:I never have issues in NYC and I go there regularly on weekends. Granted I've never been to the Bronx, but I find NYC extremely pleasant. It's certainly cleaner than any other large East Coast city (besides DC) I've been to, although I've never been to Charlotte.
Last 3 trips ive seen people pissing, shooting up and 1 person rubbing himself. That was Queens, Central Park and midtown.

In Charlotte- I walk past the library everyday and the homeless congregate there. It smells like piss every morning and you occasionally see one or two pissing on the side of the bldg if you get in early enough.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:I never have issues in NYC and I go there regularly on weekends. Granted I've never been to the Bronx, but I find NYC extremely pleasant. It's certainly cleaner than any other large East Coast city (besides DC) I've been to, although I've never been to Charlotte.
Don’t get me wrong. I love NYC and love going. But there’s plenty of nasty stuff. It’s any al cities. Except Beaufort. Beaufort busses its homeless to Savannah.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

http://www.kmov.com/story/38582175/do-o ... dedication
ST. LOUIS (KMOV/AP) -- A second ribbon cutting ceremony at the Arch Museum took place Friday after many noticed no people of color present at the first ribbon cutting on Tuesday in St. Louis.

"We're not going to stand for it," says Missouri State Representative Bruce Franks, who says he wasn't invited even though his district includes the Arch. "It's about overlooking, overlooking communities, stepping over communities that have been forgotten about."

The Gateway Arch park Foundation posted an apology on its Facebook page acknowledging the Tuesday ceremony did not reflect the diversity of the community: "As organizers of the event, we acknowledge that our ribbon cutting did not reflect the diversity of our community."
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

CAA Flagship wrote:http://www.kmov.com/story/38582175/do-o ... dedication
ST. LOUIS (KMOV/AP) -- A second ribbon cutting ceremony at the Arch Museum took place Friday after many noticed no people of color present at the first ribbon cutting on Tuesday in St. Louis.

"We're not going to stand for it," says Missouri State Representative Bruce Franks, who says he wasn't invited even though his district includes the Arch. "It's about overlooking, overlooking communities, stepping over communities that have been forgotten about."

The Gateway Arch park Foundation posted an apology on its Facebook page acknowledging the Tuesday ceremony did not reflect the diversity of the community: "As organizers of the event, we acknowledge that our ribbon cutting did not reflect the diversity of our community."
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
LoL, like art museums aren't already white as snow. :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Can't even use a racial slur during a bussiness conference call these days. :ohno:

Papa John’s Founder John Schnatter Resigns as Chairman After Racial Slur https://nyti.ms/2JgE4v9
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Can't even use a racial slur during a bussiness conference call these days. :ohno:

Papa John’s Founder John Schnatter Resigns as Chairman After Racial Slur https://nyti.ms/2JgE4v9
It wasn't exactly a standard "business conference call". The NYT neglects to mention is that it was said during a role playing exercise about race, when Schattner said “Colonel Sanders called blacks n—–s”. Shattner apparently then went on to complain that Sanders didn't receive condemnation at the time..

So a guy is condemned for saying that someone else who used a racial slur should have been condemned, but wasn't.:suspicious:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Can't even use a racial slur during a bussiness conference call these days. :ohno:

With the exception of Mueller tea leaves, do you ever actually read anything past the headline?

Maybe you need more than just a 2 day hiatus to cool down after the Mexican Old Man Smackdown fiasco
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Apparently playing ‘God Bless America’ is..

Yankees, Flyers drop Kate Smith’s ‘God Bless America’ amid questions of possible racism
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... ism-arise/

Kate Smith Statue after was covered outside the Flyers arena today:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:Apparently playing ‘God Bless America’ is..

Yankees, Flyers drop Kate Smith’s ‘God Bless America’ amid questions of possible racism
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... ism-arise/

Kate Smith Statue after was covered outside the Flyers arena today:
They're banning God Bless America?

Jesus, that just ain't right!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:They're banning God Bless America?

The singer, not the song. Open the link in an incognito tab and you will read that Kate Smith apparently had a couple extremely racist hits in the 30's.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:

The singer, not the song. Open the link in an incognito tab and you will read that Kate Smith apparently had a couple extremely racist hits in the 30's.
Oh. I didn’t realize that given BDK’s lead in.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

89Hen wrote:

Hopefully they ban it completely; God doesn't need to be mentioned at every sporting event.

And I never stand for the song when they request people do.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote:
89Hen wrote: The singer, not the song. Open the link in an incognito tab and you will read that Kate Smith apparently had a couple extremely racist hits in the 30's.
Hopefully they ban it completely; God doesn't need to be mentioned at every sporting event.

Shocking. You prove over and over again how much of a disagreeable asshole you are. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
89Hen wrote: The singer, not the song. Open the link in an incognito tab and you will read that Kate Smith apparently had a couple extremely racist hits in the 30's.

Says the guy who wants government to compel people to do things they don’t want to do.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Things that be all racist n' sheit

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

89Hen wrote:

Its 2019 and shes dead.......... So

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

∞∞∞ wrote:

We know that, you are not American and wont assimilate

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

89Hen wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Hopefully they ban it completely; God doesn't need to be mentioned at every sporting event.

Shocking. You prove over and over again how much of a disagreeable asshole you are. :coffee:
Polls show most Americans don't want it played. Something like 85% of liberals dislike the song, and atheists/agnostics (who make up 20%+ of America) completely disagree with it.

We don't need God's blessing thrown in our face; keep that stuff in religious venues.

edit:
More than 61% of baseball fans — even some who like the song — don't want it played at games.

"God Bless America" is as divisive as American politics: Kaskowitz's research found that 83.8% of people who described themselves as "very liberal" dislike the song, while only 20.5% of people who called themselves "very conservative" have a problem with it.
https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/base ... -1.2693228
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Hopefully they ban it completely; God doesn't need to be mentioned at every sporting event.

We know that, you are not American and wont assimilate.
Yeah, because you get to define what an American is.

Plus that song only got played at baseball games after 9/11. So much for tradition.

Even the writer thought it was a sh*tty song and locked it up for decades before it saw the light of day.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I don't want it played because it's not the National Anthem, and I really don't want to stand for two songs.

Of course, if they play it, I'm not going to sit on my ass and be a POS like Trip. I'm the guy who has no problem telling people to take their hat off or to shut the fuck up when the National Anthem is being played. Blow me if you don't like it. I actually volunteered to serve the country, so I care about the Anthem, and if you want to scuffle about it, let's go. I love a good donnybrook. :thumb:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

93henfan wrote:I don't want it played because it's not the National Anthem, and I really don't want to stand for two songs.

Of course, if they play it, I'm not going to sit on my ass and be a POS like Trip. I'm the guy who has no problem telling people to take their hat off or to shut the **** up when the National Anthem is being played. Blow me if you don't like it. I actually volunteered to serve the country, so I care about the Anthem, and if you want to scuffle about it, let's go. I love a good donnybrook. :thumb:
This. I respect the anthem and it paints a beautiful picture of America. God Bless America is just some faux patriotism bs which religious people like to throw around.

I once stayed seated for "God Bless America" at Richmond Raceway and some old lady scolded me for being disrespectful to the National Anthem. I told her not to worry, that I'll be standing up for the next song...the National Anthem. She replied with something under her breath but I didn't catch it.

ps. The Pledge of Allegiance is another ridiculous thing NASCAR does.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote:
89Hen wrote: Shocking. You prove over and over again how much of a disagreeable asshole you are. :coffee:
Polls show most Americans don't want it played. Something like 85% of liberals dislike the song, and atheists/agnostics (who make up 20%+ of America) completely disagree with it.

We don't need God's blessing thrown in our face; keep that stuff in religious venues.

edit:
More than 61% of baseball fans — even some who like the song — don't want it played at games.

"God Bless America" is as divisive as American politics: Kaskowitz's research found that 83.8% of people who described themselves as "very liberal" dislike the song, while only 20.5% of people who called themselves "very conservative" have a problem with it.
https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/base ... -1.2693228
1). This Land Is Your Land is better

2). When I first read Kate Smith, I thought Kate Bush and thought ‘instead of standing maybe I should be running up that hill.’