JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Virginia/New Jersey Elections

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:30 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:46 pm I just found something interesting while looking for something else. I think I have heard of cases outside of the United States where government "printed" a bunch of money and there was hyper inflation. I was going to read about some. But I got this hit:

https://www.stlouisfed.org/on-the-econo ... -inflation

It's a St. Louis Fed web page and the author is (or was at the time) with the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. Here is a quote:

So at least I know there is at least one person out there who would probably agree with what I'm saying.
I repeat: correlation <> causation. You, of ALL people, should at least be able to understand THAT.
Again: Correlation does not on its own infer causation. But if you are arguing for causation and you don't even have correlation you have nothing. And that is what has been happening. People have been arguing that deficit spending causes inflation and they don't even have a correlation that is consistent with that belief. It's just not there. Not in the context of the United States.

There is no way one can ever meet the rules for inferring cause and effect with this sort of thing. But you REALLY have nothing if you're saying deficit spending causes inflation when there is no historical correlation to that effect. And that's what the situation is.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Team Brown ain't fucking around. 8-)

Youngkin coming in hard on day 1 too. Very encouraging to see. :nod:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Perhaps there’s hope for Virginia yet.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:33 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:30 pm

I repeat: correlation <> causation. You, of ALL people, should at least be able to understand THAT.
Again: Correlation does not on its own infer causation. But if you are arguing for causation and you don't even have correlation you have nothing. And that is what has been happening. People have been arguing that deficit spending causes inflation and they don't even have a correlation that is consistent with that belief. It's just not there. Not in the context of the United States.

There is no way one can ever meet the rules for inferring cause and effect with this sort of thing. But you REALLY have nothing if you're saying deficit spending causes inflation when there is no historical correlation to that effect. And that's what the situation is.
Like anything else, you are attempting to conduct a lab experiment in a vacuum, limiting it to just two variables and seeing if X causes Y. This isn’t a Petri dish, John. The economy is so much more complex than you want to make it out to be—as has been pointed out to you time and time again on the myriad other areas you’ve been dead wrong about. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of other variables in play that may exacerbate or mitigate what you’re seeing on the surface.

But you go ahead and do you. I’m sure every economist in the world is incorrect and you are right. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

And Governor KKK Blackface rides into the sunset, self-righteous as ever.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Why did the new gov sign an executive order banning the teaching of CRT in schools? I thought it wasn't even taught in schools. :roll:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

HI54UNI wrote:Why did the new gov sign an executive order banning the teaching of CRT in schools? I thought it wasn't even taught in schools. :roll:
Well one thing is for sure

Those opposed to the teaching of CRT in schools will be happy… whether it is a thing or not

Those in favor will be mad… whether it is a thing or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:19 pm And Governor KKK Blackface rides into the sunset, self-righteous as ever.
Hopefully he gets stuck in a snow traffic jam.