Political discussions
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Virginia/New Jersey Elections

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW, along the lines is what I posted in the 2021 elections thread: The Republican Party is basically the Party of ignorant White people. There are enough ignorant White people now to keep that going for a while. But the end is inevitable.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:29 pm
DSUrocks07 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:42 am Remember when during 2020, and everyone declared that Republicans would never win any critical election ever again? (cough JSO). Image

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
I did not declare that at all. What I said is that, over time, the demographic trend is in the Democrats' favor. And it is. You are going to have back and forths. You are going to have variations. But, inevitably, the Republican Party is doomed to obscurity unless is finds a way to actually win among non White groups. Nothing has changed in that regard. The country is going to become majority non White. Texas is already majority non White and Texas Republicans are already trying to address that through redistricting and voter suppression. But at some point it is going to be too much. The dam is going to break.

I have said before that it may not happen in my lifetime as I am pretty old right now. But the handwriting remains on the wall for Republicans.
You're completely overlooking Latinx. They are hard-working Christians who don't need handouts. They value the family and education. And as you rightly said, they're multiplying faster than any other group. They're Democrats' worst nightmare.
Last edited by 93henfan on Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
DSUrocks07 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:42 am Remember when during 2020, and everyone declared that Republicans would never win any critical election ever again? (cough JSO). Image

I did not declare that at all. What I said is that, over time, the demographic trend is in the Democrats' favor. And it is. You are going to have back and forths. You are going to have variations. But, inevitably, the Republican Party is doomed to obscurity unless is finds a way to actually win among non White groups. Nothing has changed in that regard. The country is going to become majority non White. Texas is already majority non White and Texas Republicans are already trying to address that through redistricting and voter suppression. But at some point it is going to be too much. The dam is going to break.

I have said before that it may not happen in my lifetime as I am pretty old right now. But the handwriting remains on the wall for Republicans.
Youngkin won the Latino vote in Virginia by nearly 10 points.

MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DSUrocks07 »

93henfan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:29 pm I did not declare that at all. What I said is that, over time, the demographic trend is in the Democrats' favor. And it is. You are going to have back and forths. You are going to have variations. But, inevitably, the Republican Party is doomed to obscurity unless is finds a way to actually win among non White groups. Nothing has changed in that regard. The country is going to become majority non White. Texas is already majority non White and Texas Republicans are already trying to address that through redistricting and voter suppression. But at some point it is going to be too much. The dam is going to break.

You're completely overlooking Latinx. They are hard-working Christians who don't need handouts. They value the family and education. And as you rightly said, they're multiplying faster than any other group. They're Democrats' worst nightmare.
Democrats won't have enough time to convince multiple generations of Latinos that they are worthless and incapable without their direct involvement in their personal lives like they have with the black vote since the 1800s.

@phillywild305 FB
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:42 pm
93henfan wrote:
Democrats won't have enough time to convince multiple generations of Latinos that they are worthless and incapable without their direct involvement in their personal lives like they have with the black vote since the 1800s.

Sad, but true. It really accelerated with LBJ's Great Society and War on Poverty. Whenever Democrats name a program, they name it the exact opposite of its actual intent. :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:31 pm BTW, along the lines is what I posted in the 2021 elections thread: The Republican Party is basically the Party of ignorant White people. There are enough ignorant White people now to keep that going for a while. But the end is inevitable.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:31 pm BTW, along the lines is what I posted in the 2021 elections thread: The Republican Party is basically the Party of ignorant White people. There are enough ignorant White people now to keep that going for a while. But the end is inevitable.
John, just stop. Professional care is available in your area.

And you’re fuller of shit than Joe Biden’s drawers.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

93henfan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:34 pm

They also continue to vote for Democrats by overwhelming margins. Some exceptions in which they vote Democrat by modest margins instead of overwhelming margins such as by "only" 53% to 46% in 2020. But nationally they voted Democrat by 65% to 32%. I can't get to it through the paywall right now but I looked at that today and it was the same basic thing in that Virginia race.

Believe me, Democrats would be fine if only Latinos could vote. There wouldn't be any Republicans in office at all.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:52 pm
Fine. You can find a picture of a token black person. But we all know what the situation would be if only Black people voted.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

93henfan wrote:

I don't know exactly what you mean by that but the bottom line is that Latinos pretty consistently vote by about a 2:1 margin for Democrats and there is nothing about what's happened in recent elections to suggest that is changing. Democrats aren't the ones who need to convince Latinos of anything. You can say that maybe Latinos can be convinced to change their voting pattern. But the Democrats aren't the ones in the position of having to change their voting pattern.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:54 pm

They also continue to vote for Democrats by overwhelming margins. Some exceptions in which they vote Democrat by modest margins instead of overwhelming margins such as by "only" 53% to 46% in 2020. But nationally they voted Democrat by 65% to 32%. I can't get to it through the paywall right now but I looked at that today and it was the same basic thing in that Virginia race.

Believe me, Democrats would be fine if only Latinos could vote. There wouldn't be any Republicans in office at all.
Your entire premise banks on the fact that demographics will NEVER change the way they vote.

Newsflash, pal: It’s happening before your very eyes….just open them.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:14 pm

Your entire premise banks on the fact that demographics will NEVER change the way they vote.

Yup. You can't influence TDS though. That's one of the major symptoms.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:01 pm

I don't know exactly what you mean by that but the bottom line is that Latinos pretty consistently vote by about a 2:1 margin for Democrats and there is nothing about what's happened in recent elections to suggest that is changing. Democrats aren't the ones who need to convince Latinos of anything. You can say that maybe Latinos can be convinced to change their voting pattern. But the Democrats aren't the ones in the position of having to change their voting pattern.
Latino trends keep changing in Texas…changing towards the GOP…
Zapata County is one example. There, the population is 95% Hispanic or Latino. Trump won 52 percent of the voters.
"Demographics do not vote. People either do vote or do not, and you have to look at who's voting and who they vote for and why," Greenberg said.

https://www.12newsnow.com/article/news/ ... 34a62d157c

More recently, in a special election in the 118th House District which is 75% Hispanic and which Brandon won by 14% a year ago, Republican John Lujan won…

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Col Hogan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:56 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Zapata County is one example. There, the population is 95% Hispanic or Latino. Trump won 52 percent of the voters.
"Demographics do not vote. People either do vote or do not, and you have to look at who's voting and who they vote for and why," Greenberg said.

More recently, in a special election in the 118th House District which is 75% Hispanic and which Brandon won by 14% a year ago, Republican John Lujan won…

Don’t confuse JSO with the facts, Hogie. You’ll throw him “off message.” :jack:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:03 pm
Col Hogan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:56 pm

Those are anecdotal stories. JSO is looking at the big picture and his data tells a different story. ;)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:44 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:03 pm

Those are anecdotal stories. JSO is looking at the big picture and his data tells a different story. ;)
JSO's anecdotal evidence is better than anyone's anecdotal evidence.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

SAVAGE! :lol:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

No self-respecting Latino/a uses "Latinx". Literally none.

And :rofl: on JSO's demographics narrative. Just :rofl:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:43 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:04 am

:lol: Nothing good is caught back there.
Joe Biden caught a trouser trout there just yesterday. :nod:
:lol: Allegedly.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:18 pm

No self-respecting Latino/a uses "Latinx". Literally none.

If it pisses them off, I'm totally going with it. Keep me abreast of the situation. I'm only here to piss as many people off as I can.

A certain fellow poster and fedgub employee and I have recently debated which gender pronouns to use. I'm thinking the most provocative is to go with "questioning:thinking:/questioning:thinking:." I don't want anyone backing me into a corner.
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DSUrocks07 »

93henfan wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:18 pm No self-respecting Latino/a uses "Latinx". Literally none.

If it pisses them off, I'm totally going with it. Keep me abreast of the situation. I'm only here to piss as many people off as I can.

A certain fellow poster and fedgub employee and I have recently debated which gender pronouns to use. I'm thinking the most provocative is to go with "questioning:thinking:/questioning:thinking:." I don't want anyone backing me into a corner.
ImageImageImageImage

@phillywild305 FB
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

We lost you along the way, so not all ignorant white people are GOP.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

89Hen wrote:
JSO conveniently skips over the part where Youngkin also won a majority of college educated whites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

89Hen wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:41 am
Oh, snap! :lol: :notworthy:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:14 pm

I've always said that the situation is premised upon whether demographic voting patterns change. it's not happening. I have been tracking the trends, at least in terms of Presidential races.

The average percentages of the Black and Hispanic vote Democrats got during 1976 through 2020 are 88% and 66%. They got 87% and 65% in 2020. I guess you could say that the Democrats doin 1 percentage point worse in the polling point estimate than average is REALLY showing progress for Republicans. But if you do you are kidding yourself.

They didn't start providing estimates for Asians until 1992. But the average Democrats got from Asians during 1992 through 2020 is 56% and they got 61% in 2020. So that doesn't show a lot of progress for Republicans either.

I know I have seen a lot of spin about how Republicans are REALLY doing better among non Whites. But it's just not there. There was a thing with Hispanics in Florida due to those of Cuban ancestry. OK. But overall there wasn't some big shift in the basic paradigm whereby non whites in general and/or hispanics in particular voted overwhelmingly for the Democrat.

I'm about to type something on the Virginia race about that too.
Could I ever be a star?