Page 2 of 5

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:41 am
by ALPHAGRIZ1
Early stages of Trump making China his bitch

Image

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:10 am
by CitadelGrad
∞∞∞ wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:
That's kind of strange, considering the ROK president and foreign minister have both publicly credited Trump for bringing Rocket Man to the negotiating table.

It's no secret that flattering Trump will get him to bend for you. That's why Trump is a dangerous President, both domestically and internationally. His policies often are based on how people treat him instead of actual historical, economic, social, or human right contexts...kinda like a dictator.

America is Trump's bitch. Trump is everyone else's.

So let's not pretend it was Trump who saw the advantage of bringing Kim-Jong Un to the table; it was South Korea's new leadership which saw the advantage of bringing Trump to the table. But credit where credit it due, at least Trump went along on the ride (although it doesn't seem like the summit brought about anything tangible, but you gotta start somewhere).


This sounds exactly like something you just repeated after you heard it on MSNBC.

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:13 am
by ∞∞∞
CitadelGrad wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:It's no secret that flattering Trump will get him to bend for you. That's why Trump is a dangerous President, both domestically and internationally. His policies often are based on how people treat him instead of actual historical, economic, social, or human right contexts...kinda like a dictator.

America is Trump's bitch. Trump is everyone else's.

So let's not pretend it was Trump who saw the advantage of bringing Kim-Jong Un to the table; it was South Korea's new leadership which saw the advantage of bringing Trump to the table. But credit where credit it due, at least Trump went along on the ride (although it doesn't seem like the summit brought about anything tangible, but you gotta start somewhere).


This sounds exactly like something you just repeated after you heard it on MSNBC.

I don't have cable or even an antenna, but try again.

It's not some mind-boggling idea that people can form opinions outside of the media outlets.

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:19 am
by 89Hen
∞∞∞ wrote:I don't have cable or even an antenna, but try again.

∞∞∞ wrote:My primary sources of information are C-SPAN and NPR.

So C-SPAN is just beamed into your head? :lol:

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 am
by Skjellyfetti
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Early stages of Trump making China his bitch


Yeah, I'm sure China will be very sad that we'll be ceasing joint military exercises in their backyard with South Korea.

Maybe we should really stick it to Russia next by ceasing joint military exercises with NATO. :suspicious:

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:21 am
by ∞∞∞
89Hen wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I don't have cable or even an antenna, but try again.

∞∞∞ wrote:My primary sources of information are C-SPAN and NPR.

So C-SPAN is just beamed into your head? :lol:

:lol:

TV Antenna. You know what I meant.

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:25 am
by 89Hen
∞∞∞ wrote:
89Hen wrote:
So C-SPAN is just beamed into your head? :lol:

:lol:

TV Antenna. You know what I meant.

Actually, I don't. If you can get C-SPAN, why can't you get MSNBC? :suspicious:

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:35 am
by Skjellyfetti
C-SPAN streams for free on a fancy contraption called "The Internet"

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:49 am
by ∞∞∞
Skjellyfetti wrote:C-SPAN streams for free on a fancy contraption called "The Internet"

Image

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:04 am
by 89Hen
Skjellyfetti wrote:C-SPAN streams for free on a fancy contraption called "The Internet"

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-live

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:12 am
by ∞∞∞
89Hen wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:C-SPAN streams for free on a fancy contraption called "The Internet"

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-live

How am I supposed to log-in to the live stream without a cable subscription?

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:14 am
by ∞∞∞
To be fair, I was referring to radio in my earlier comment (which does require a radio antenna).

I listen to NPR and C-SPAN. I'm lucky to get in 30 minutes of "television" a day (Hulu/Netflix).

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:30 am
by AZGrizFan
CID1990 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Are you forgetting how low the bar has been set with Obama’s? :lol:


Well that kinda was what I was referring to

But the Nobel academy has made numerous other great picks that also helped to lessen the award

Yasser Arafat comes to mind


Sorry. didn't read your third sentence. :dunce:

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:34 am
by AZGrizFan
CID1990 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:FWIW, I've always disagreed about Obama's Peace Prize; he did nothing to earn it.

And no, Trump isn't accomplishing anything but retreating the US' place in the World. He's threatened and implemented tariffs against long-standing allies, sucked Putin's dick time and time again, put us in a burgeoning trade war with China, weakened America's word by taking back the Iran deal, stirred up hateful rhetoric against immigrants and Muslims, and our military forces are now killing civilians in the Middle East at an unprecedented pace. So while I want America to succeed with these specific peace talks, I'm not going to pretend Trump is genuinely interested in peace.

Ultimately people like Trump always, without fail, end up on the wrong side of history.


You are literally a walking Salon talking points list

:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:21 pm
by CID1990
HI54UNI wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:FWIW, I've always disagreed about Obama's Peace Prize; he did nothing to earn it.

And no, Trump isn't accomplishing anything but retreating the US' place in the World. He's threatened and implemented tariffs against long-standing allies, sucked Putin's dick time and time again, put us in a burgeoning trade war with China, weakened America's word by taking back the Iran deal, stirred up hateful rhetoric against immigrants and Muslims, and our military forces are now killing civilians in the Middle East at an unprecedented pace. So while I want America to succeed with these specific peace talks, I'm not going to pretend Trump is genuinely interested in peace.

Ultimately people like Trump always, without fail, end up on the wrong side of history.


You forgot weakening America's word and threatening the whole planet by pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement.

:roll:


Yeah how could he have missed those? They're mentioned every twenty minutes on CSPAN


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:43 pm
by JohnStOnge
Now THAT is a troll. But I'll bite.

Obviously, ANY President of the past 40 years could've done that. All Trump did was give a North Korean dictator what North Korean dictators have been trying to get for decades. Previous Presidents could've met with and shaken hands with North Korean dictators at any time because the North Korean dictators were desperately seeking that. All Trump has done at this point is give a North Korean dictator what the North Korean dictator wanted.

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:26 pm
by SeattleGriz
At the risk of everyone knowing this, you do know Nobel wasn't liked when he was alive? His bro dies, but the obituary said it was him and he got to hear how people thought he was a turd.

Came up with the Nobel to hopefully turn his legacy around.

Re: RE: Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:13 pm
by ALPHAGRIZ1
JohnStOnge wrote:Now THAT is a troll. But I'll bite.

Obviously, ANY President of the past 40 years could've done that. All Trump did was give a North Korean dictator what North Korean dictators have been trying to get for decades. Previous Presidents could've met with and shaken hands with North Korean dictators at any time because the North Korean dictators were desperately seeking that. All Trump has done at this point is give a North Korean dictator what the North Korean dictator wanted.
But they didn't......... I stopped reading after your first sentence.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:08 pm
by Vidav

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:37 pm
by Ivytalk
∞∞∞ wrote:To be fair, I was referring to radio in my earlier comment (which does require a radio antenna).

I listen to NPR and C-SPAN. I'm lucky to get in 30 minutes of "television" a day (Hulu/Netflix).

Yep. The reception in Yemen flat-out sucks.

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:09 pm
by kalm

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:18 pm
by SDHornet
I'm not getting all the hate from the leftists (actually it's just TDS , so I get that) or the right wingers on this meeting. Trump gave up nothing (war games with SK are not a big deal, they are just our human shields if an actual war with NK ever broke out) and already got some minor concessions (American prisoners, renewal of bucks for bones program, and another denuke pledge from NK :roll: ). Worst case is this whole thing just goes back to the status quo of the last 15+ years of a nuclear NK.

I guess I just kind of view this whole meeting/negotiation as having a shit ton more upside than downside. I am having a hard time deciding whether to :lol: or :cry: at pundits deriding the thought of a unified/peaceful Korea. That fucking place has literally been at war for almost 68 years, not sure why talking a way into peace is a bad thing. :dunce:

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:21 am
by Ibanez
SDHornet wrote:I'm not getting all the hate from the leftists (actually it's just TDS , so I get that) or the right wingers on this meeting. Trump gave up nothing (war games with SK are not a big deal, they are just our human shields if an actual war with NK ever broke out) and already got some minor concessions (American prisoners, renewal of bucks for bones program, and another denuke pledge from NK :roll: ). Worst case is this whole thing just goes back to the status quo of the last 15+ years of a nuclear NK.

I guess I just kind of view this whole meeting/negotiation as having a shit ton more upside than downside. I am having a hard time deciding whether to :lol: or :cry: at pundits deriding the thought of a unified/peaceful Korea. That fucking place has literally been at war for almost 68 years, not sure why talking a way into peace is a bad thing. :dunce:

I thought this meeting was a good idea when the black guy said he'd consider it... :|


I think this is a good thing - as long as he doesn't fuck it up (i'm not holding my breath).

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:29 am
by ∞∞∞
Ibanez wrote:I thought this meeting was a good idea when the black guy said he'd consider it... :|


I think this is a good thing - as long as he doesn't **** it up (i'm not holding my breath).

You mean this gem making the social media rounds:



Or how Obama's meeting with Raul Castro was criticized to holy hell by conservative circles?

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:36 am
by Ibanez
∞∞∞ wrote:
Ibanez wrote:I thought this meeting was a good idea when the black guy said he'd consider it... :|


I think this is a good thing - as long as he doesn't **** it up (i'm not holding my breath).

You mean this gem making the social media rounds:



Or how Obama's meeting with Raul Castro was criticized to holy hell by conservative circles?

I was fully supportive of Obama meeting with Castro. Our embargo with Cuba was stupid and served no purpose. You should know by now that i'm more centrist than R or L.