houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: All Things California

Postby houndawg » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:40 am

css75 wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-07-30/trump-tax-returns-california-ballot-gavin-newsom-law

Trump’s tax returns required under new California election law

Courts will kill it, that is not in the constitution. Gavin and the libs are going to lose this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a thing unreasonable with vetting the criminal the wants to run the country on your behalf. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Postby BDKJMU » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:24 am

-convicted felon & offender released from custody now = "formerly incarcerated person" or a "justice-involved person" or a “returning resident.”
-drug addicts & substance abusers now = “a person with a history of substance use.”
-juvenile delinquent now = a “young person with justice system involvement,” or a “young person impacted by the juvenile justice system.”

So of your car is broken into in San Fran, you will be “a person who has come in contact with a returning resident who was involved with the justice system and who is currently under supervision with a history of substance use.”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-fr ... ved-person
:suspicious: :dunce: :rofl:

css75
Level2
Level2

Postby css75 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:37 am

houndawg wrote:
css75 wrote:

Courts will kill it, that is not in the constitution. Gavin and the libs are going to lose this one.

Not a thing unreasonable with vetting the criminal the wants to run the country on your behalf. :coffee:

So the constitution is not valid in ,your eyes. The biotch lost, get over it.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Postby houndawg » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:59 pm

BDKJMU wrote:-convicted felon & offender released from custody now = "formerly incarcerated person" or a "justice-involved person" or a “returning resident.”
-drug addicts & substance abusers now = “a person with a history of substance use.”
-juvenile delinquent now = a “young person with justice system involvement,” or a “young person impacted by the juvenile justice system.”

So of your car is broken into in San Fran, you will be “a person who has come in contact with a returning resident who was involved with the justice system and who is currently under supervision with a history of substance use.”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-fr ... ved-person
:suspicious: :dunce: :rofl:

:lol:

I thought you were talking about Sarah Huckabee's replacement

mainejeff2
Level1
Level1

Postby mainejeff2 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:31 am

Huckabilly going to Fox News.....won't she be a sight to behold! Will make all those leggy blondes look even better!

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Postby Col Hogan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:05 am

A Sacramento business owner is moving because she can no longer take having to clean shit and piss from the front of her business each day all because the local government won’t (or can’t) do anything to help her...

Salon owner Elizabeth Novak says she’s moving her business out of Sacramento, California because she can no longer deal with the capital city’s homeless problem.

Monday, in an interview with Fox News, Novak discussed a viral video she made calling out Governor Gavin Newsom (D) and explaining how she has to “clean up the poop and pee off my doorstep” left by the homeless:

“I’ve had a business in downtown Sacramento for 15 years. I just want to tell you what happens when I get to work: I have to clean up the poop and the pee off of my doorstep.

“I have to politely ask people, who I care for, I care for these people who are homeless, to move their tent. So, I want to know what you’re going to do for us.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bann ... and-pee-my
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Postby CID1990 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:09 am

Col Hogan wrote:A Sacramento business owner is moving because she can no longer take having to clean shit and piss from the front of her business each day all because the local government won’t (or can’t) do anything to help her...

Salon owner Elizabeth Novak says she’s moving her business out of Sacramento, California because she can no longer deal with the capital city’s homeless problem.

Monday, in an interview with Fox News, Novak discussed a viral video she made calling out Governor Gavin Newsom (D) and explaining how she has to “clean up the poop and pee off my doorstep” left by the homeless:

“I’ve had a business in downtown Sacramento for 15 years. I just want to tell you what happens when I get to work: I have to clean up the poop and the pee off of my doorstep.

“I have to politely ask people, who I care for, I care for these people who are homeless, to move their tent. So, I want to know what you’re going to do for us.”

This is just the first result of the police not policing anymore

Just wait... it will get worse

Eventually they won’t even respond to “dead body on my lawn” calls

And why should they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Postby houndawg » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:56 am

mainejeff2 wrote:Huckabilly going to Fox News.....won't she be a sight to behold! Will make all those leggy blondes look even better!

:rofl:

"Who parked the garbage truck next to the Ferraris?"

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Postby houndawg » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:08 am

CID1990 wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:A Sacramento business owner is moving because she can no longer take having to clean shit and piss from the front of her business each day all because the local government won’t (or can’t) do anything to help her...

This is just the first result of the police not policing anymore

Just wait... it will get worse

Eventually they won’t even respond to “dead body on my lawn” calls

And why should they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't read anything by William Gibson in a long time but I recall that one of them (Virtual Light or Mona Lisa Overdrive) was set in an SF where this would have been the good old days - the SF-Oakland Bay Bridge was a separate city without any government

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Postby BDKJMU » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:50 pm

"...A bill that would ban the sale of fur coats, hats, handbags, gloves and earmuffs, accessories with fur trim and most other uses is whipping through the California legislature, on the heels of similar bans in the state’s two largest cities — Los Angeles and San Francisco....."
https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-a ... and-states
California :dunce: ... :lol:

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Postby Chizzang » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:41 pm

BDKJMU wrote:"...A bill that would ban the sale of fur coats, hats, handbags, gloves and earmuffs, accessories with fur trim and most other uses is whipping through the California legislature, on the heels of similar bans in the state’s two largest cities — Los Angeles and San Francisco....."

Don't more than 30 countries have some kind of Fur Ban in place ..?
I don't thinks its that unusual is it?

:geek:

and if people in a state vote for it - who cares..?
Marijuana is legal all over the place now - it has to start somewhere
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Postby CAA Flagship » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:45 pm

Chizzang wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:"...A bill that would ban the sale of fur coats, hats, handbags, gloves and earmuffs, accessories with fur trim and most other uses is whipping through the California legislature, on the heels of similar bans in the state’s two largest cities — Los Angeles and San Francisco....."

Don't more than 30 countries have some kind of Fur Ban in place ..?
I don't thinks its that unusual is it?

:geek:

and if people in a state vote for it - who cares..?
Marijuana is legal all over the place now - it has to start somewhere

If only. Was this on any referendum? Was it part of any politician's campaign promise?

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Postby Col Hogan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:08 pm

California lawmakers pass state-wide rent control...

Economists from both the left and the right have a well-established aversion to rent control, arguing that such policies ignore the message of rising prices, which is to build more housing. Studies in San Francisco and elsewhere show that price caps often prompt landlords to abandon the rental business by converting their units to owner-occupied homes. And since rent controls typically have no income threshold, they have been faulted for benefiting high-income tenants.

“Rent control is definitely having a moment across the country,” said Jim Lapides, a vice president at the National Multifamily Housing Council, which opposes such restrictions. “But we’re seeing folks turn to really shortsighted policy that will end up making the very problem worse.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/11/busi ... ntrol.html

How many investors will now step in to build the needed new housing, knowing their investments are restricted...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Postby SDHornet » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 pm

I'm surprised we didn't already have this in place. :?

Return to “Politics”