Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: All Things California

Post by houndawg »

css75 wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... newsom-law

Trump’s tax returns required under new California election law

Courts will kill it, that is not in the constitution. Gavin and the libs are going to lose this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not a thing unreasonable with vetting the criminal the wants to run the country on your behalf. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

-convicted felon & offender released from custody now = "formerly incarcerated person" or a "justice-involved person" or a “returning resident.”
-drug addicts & substance abusers now = “a person with a history of substance use.”
-juvenile delinquent now = a “young person with justice system involvement,” or a “young person impacted by the juvenile justice system.”

So of your car is broken into in San Fran, you will be “a person who has come in contact with a returning resident who was involved with the justice system and who is currently under supervision with a history of substance use.”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-fr ... ved-person
:suspicious: :dunce: :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

houndawg wrote:
css75 wrote:

Courts will kill it, that is not in the constitution. Gavin and the libs are going to lose this one.

Not a thing unreasonable with vetting the criminal the wants to run the country on your behalf. :coffee:
So the constitution is not valid in ,your eyes. The biotch lost, get over it.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:-convicted felon & offender released from custody now = "formerly incarcerated person" or a "justice-involved person" or a “returning resident.”
-drug addicts & substance abusers now = “a person with a history of substance use.”
-juvenile delinquent now = a “young person with justice system involvement,” or a “young person impacted by the juvenile justice system.”

So of your car is broken into in San Fran, you will be “a person who has come in contact with a returning resident who was involved with the justice system and who is currently under supervision with a history of substance use.”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-fr ... ved-person
:suspicious: :dunce: :rofl:

:lol:

I thought you were talking about Sarah Huckabee's replacement
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

A Sacramento business owner is moving because she can no longer take having to clean shit and piss from the front of her business each day all because the local government won’t (or can’t) do anything to help her...
Salon owner Elizabeth Novak says she’s moving her business out of Sacramento, California because she can no longer deal with the capital city’s homeless problem.

Monday, in an interview with Fox News, Novak discussed a viral video she made calling out Governor Gavin Newsom (D) and explaining how she has to “clean up the poop and pee off my doorstep” left by the homeless:

“I’ve had a business in downtown Sacramento for 15 years. I just want to tell you what happens when I get to work: I have to clean up the poop and the pee off of my doorstep.

“I have to politely ask people, who I care for, I care for these people who are homeless, to move their tent. So, I want to know what you’re going to do for us.”
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bann ... and-pee-my
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Col Hogan wrote:A Sacramento business owner is moving because she can no longer take having to clean shit and piss from the front of her business each day all because the local government won’t (or can’t) do anything to help her...
Salon owner Elizabeth Novak says she’s moving her business out of Sacramento, California because she can no longer deal with the capital city’s homeless problem.

Monday, in an interview with Fox News, Novak discussed a viral video she made calling out Governor Gavin Newsom (D) and explaining how she has to “clean up the poop and pee off my doorstep” left by the homeless:

“I’ve had a business in downtown Sacramento for 15 years. I just want to tell you what happens when I get to work: I have to clean up the poop and the pee off of my doorstep.

“I have to politely ask people, who I care for, I care for these people who are homeless, to move their tent. So, I want to know what you’re going to do for us.”
This is just the first result of the police not policing anymore

Just wait... it will get worse

Eventually they won’t even respond to “dead body on my lawn” calls

And why should they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

mainejeff2 wrote:Huckabilly going to Fox News.....won't she be a sight to behold! Will make all those leggy blondes look even better!
:rofl:

"Who parked the garbage truck next to the Ferraris?"
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:A Sacramento business owner is moving because she can no longer take having to clean shit and piss from the front of her business each day all because the local government won’t (or can’t) do anything to help her...

This is just the first result of the police not policing anymore

Just wait... it will get worse

Eventually they won’t even respond to “dead body on my lawn” calls

And why should they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't read anything by William Gibson in a long time but I recall that one of them (Virtual Light or Mona Lisa Overdrive) was set in an SF where this would have been the good old days - the SF-Oakland Bay Bridge was a separate city without any government
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

"...A bill that would ban the sale of fur coats, hats, handbags, gloves and earmuffs, accessories with fur trim and most other uses is whipping through the California legislature, on the heels of similar bans in the state’s two largest cities — Los Angeles and San Francisco....."
https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-a ... and-states
California :dunce: ... :lol:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

BDKJMU wrote:"...A bill that would ban the sale of fur coats, hats, handbags, gloves and earmuffs, accessories with fur trim and most other uses is whipping through the California legislature, on the heels of similar bans in the state’s two largest cities — Los Angeles and San Francisco....."
Don't more than 30 countries have some kind of Fur Ban in place ..?
I don't thinks its that unusual is it?

:geek:

and if people in a state vote for it - who cares..?
Marijuana is legal all over the place now - it has to start somewhere
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:"...A bill that would ban the sale of fur coats, hats, handbags, gloves and earmuffs, accessories with fur trim and most other uses is whipping through the California legislature, on the heels of similar bans in the state’s two largest cities — Los Angeles and San Francisco....."
Don't more than 30 countries have some kind of Fur Ban in place ..?
I don't thinks its that unusual is it?

:geek:

and if people in a state vote for it - who cares..?
Marijuana is legal all over the place now - it has to start somewhere
If only. Was this on any referendum? Was it part of any politician's campaign promise?
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

California lawmakers pass state-wide rent control...
Economists from both the left and the right have a well-established aversion to rent control, arguing that such policies ignore the message of rising prices, which is to build more housing. Studies in San Francisco and elsewhere show that price caps often prompt landlords to abandon the rental business by converting their units to owner-occupied homes. And since rent controls typically have no income threshold, they have been faulted for benefiting high-income tenants.

“Rent control is definitely having a moment across the country,” said Jim Lapides, a vice president at the National Multifamily Housing Council, which opposes such restrictions. “But we’re seeing folks turn to really shortsighted policy that will end up making the very problem worse.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/11/busi ... ntrol.html

How many investors will now step in to build the needed new housing, knowing their investments are restricted...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

I'm surprised we didn't already have this in place. :?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Have to take a leak in San Francisco? Feel free to piss anywhere in public.
https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/11/san- ... urination/
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote:Have to take a leak in San Francisco? Feel free to piss anywhere in public.
But will he draw the line at taking a dump?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Have to take a leak in San Francisco? Feel free to piss anywhere in public.
But will he draw the line at taking a dump?
Nope. That's the San Francisco treat. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

1) You should be able to pee in public places as long as you're not wagging your dick around for all to see. Freedom! Be a man!

2) How much does it cost to prosecute a public urination case or any of the other "quality of life" crimes as the article describes them? Let's throw someone in jail for a month for camping in public. :? Or you could tackle the homeless problem by...wait for it...providing homeless housing...with toilets. It's a win-win.

A city in Alberta (maybe Lethbridge or Medicine Hat?) discovered this a few years back and virtually eliminated homelessness and saved money by building beds.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
1) You should be able to pee in public places as long as you're not wagging your dick around for all to see. Freedom! Be a man!

2) How much does it cost to prosecute a public urination case or any of the other "quality of life" crimes as the article describes them? Let's throw someone in jail for a month for camping in public. :? Or you could tackle the homeless problem by...wait for it...providing homeless housing...with toilets. It's a win-win.

A city in Alberta (maybe Lethbridge or Medicine Hat?) discovered this a few years back and virtually eliminated homelessness and saved money by building beds.
Is it easier to do that in places that are super cold? I mean, homelessness and getting people into homeless housing is an easier problem in places like Medicine Hat as compared to a San Fran or LA simply because of the extreme cold outside. Of course the homeless will want to be indoors in those cases. In LA, you could conceivably be outside all year and it wouldn't be a worry. Are homeless shelters and housing at full capacity in San Fran and LA?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Is it easier to do that in places that are super cold? I mean, homelessness and getting people into homeless housing is an easier problem in places like Medicine Hat as compared to a San Fran or LA simply because of the extreme cold outside. Of course the homeless will want to be indoors in those cases. In LA, you could conceivably be outside all year and it wouldn't be a worry. Are homeless shelters and housing at full capacity in San Fran and LA?

And how many of LA/SF homeless came from some shithole cold/wet weather state/province that DIDN'T offer shelters, so they migrated to places that the weather is decent year-round?

I know a good portion of Phoenix's homeless are transplants.

Maybe if the good Christian people elsewhere would devote resources of their own they could help. But easier to pawn them off on other states then get to act superior.
:thumb:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

And how many of LA/SF homeless came from some shithole cold/wet weather state/province that DIDN'T offer shelters, so they migrated to places that the weather is decent year-round?

Maybe if the good Christian people elsewhere would devote resources of their own they could help. But easier to pawn them off on other states then get to act superior.
Again, how do you know that they aren't offering shelters? You seem to be making a pretty big leap of thought here in the rush to castigate Christians as well as people who live in states where it gets cold. If a person wants to sleep outside, aren't they going to naturally go where it's warm anyway?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Again, how do you know that they aren't offering shelters? You seem to be making a pretty big leap of thought here in the rush to castigate Christians as well as people who live in states where it gets cold. If a person wants to sleep outside, aren't they going to naturally go where it's warm anyway?
Not all. Many would rather stay in areas they are familiar, but lack of shelters makes that impossible.
:thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Not all. Many would rather stay in areas they are familiar, but lack of shelters makes that impossible.
You didn't answer his question. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I can't speak of every city in depth in terms of how they treat homelessness, but this is a good article on how it's done in Philly. Not perfect, as there are still people on the street, but there are fewer than in other cities of comparable size. Nothing at all in the article that points to Christians as the cause for people living on the street - heck, there's even a nice little write-up on a good Catholic nun who helped lead the charge to get more housing options for the homeless (not just shelters, but subsidized, longer term housing), and had to do so in the face of resistance from the Democratic majority in the city, including the then future mayor John Street. Philly does have an advantage over the SF and LA's of the world - there is still affordable housing in the city. That's a big deal out in CA, and again, has nothing to do with Christians from cold cities foisting their homeless onto those cities.

https://whyy.org/articles/despite-high- ... ig-cities/

Oh, and WHYY is the local NPR affiliate in Philly so no luck attacking the source material.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote:

Lethbridge has the highest, longest bridge in North America. At least it did back in the 70s.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote:
kalm wrote:

Lethbridge has the highest, longest bridge in North America. At least it did back in the 70s.
And you know that, because you slept under it. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.