Re: All Things California

Post by Baldy »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Bill Maher Thinks California May Turn Red Because ‘People Can’t F–ing Do Anything’
“There are just too many people with their hand out. There are too many people who are unnecessary in this equation,” Maher continued. “This is kind of beyond politics and it will get hung on, deservedly so, the Democrats.

“It’s not like the Republicans are great on this either, but they don’t run the state right now,” Maher finished. “The Democrats do.”
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

CA’s racist corporate board law gets struck down.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/la-ju ... NewsSearch
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:34 pm Bill Maher Thinks California May Turn Red Because ‘People Can’t F–ing Do Anything’
There are just too many people with their hand out. There are too many people who are unnecessary in this equation,” Maher continued. “This is kind of beyond politics and it will get hung on, deservedly so, the Democrats.

“It’s not like the Republicans are great on this either, but they don’t run the state right now,” Maher finished. “The Democrats do.”
Keep pumping that groundwater out from underneath the Valley floor and the problem will correct itself. All that human sewage will flow back east to the shitholes it came from
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

One of the people involved in the mass shooting in downtown Sac.
Smiley Allen Martin, the second man arrested in the wake of Sunday’s mass shooting in Sacramento that killed six, has a criminal record stretching to 2013 and last year was the subject of a plea by Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert’s office that he not win early release from prison, where he was serving a 10-year sentence for domestic violence and assault with great bodily injury. Despite a two-page letter to the Board of Parole Hearings urging that Martin remain in custody, he won his release and was in Sacramento on Saturday night recording himself on a Facebook Live video brandishing a handgun hours before the shooting.

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime ... rylink=cpy

Progressives want this shit to happen. The Left owns this kind of shit.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Baldy wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:51 pm
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:34 pm Bill Maher Thinks California May Turn Red Because ‘People Can’t F–ing Do Anything’
“There are just too many people with their hand out. There are too many people who are unnecessary in this equation,” Maher continued. “This is kind of beyond politics and it will get hung on, deservedly so, the Democrats.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Yeah, CA ain't turning red. Laughable that people think that is even a possibility.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:26 pm One of the people involved in the mass shooting in downtown Sac.
Smiley Allen Martin, the second man arrested in the wake of Sunday’s mass shooting in Sacramento that killed six, has a criminal record stretching to 2013 and last year was the subject of a plea by Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert’s office that he not win early release from prison, where he was serving a 10-year sentence for domestic violence and assault with great bodily injury. Despite a two-page letter to the Board of Parole Hearings urging that Martin remain in custody, he won his release and was in Sacramento on Saturday night recording himself on a Facebook Live video brandishing a handgun hours before the shooting.

You done gone full retard, boy! :shock:

You know it was the Azov Battallion :lmao:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:03 pm
SDHornet wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:26 pm One of the people involved in the mass shooting in downtown Sac.

No it's Leftist DA's letting violent criminals back on the streets and the failed policy that is "no cash bail/criminal justice reform". The nazis in Ukraine have nothing to do with this.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:03 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:03 pm

No it's Leftist DA's letting violent criminals back on the streets and the failed policy that is "no cash bail/criminal justice reform". The nazis in Ukraine have nothing to do with this.
Ever the Negative Nancy.... :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Yep. Liberals want more violent crime. There’s no other explanation for the violent crime indcing policies they put in place.
He was sentenced after he pushed his way into his girlfriend's home, punched her, dragged her from the residence by her hair and whipped her with a belt.
Sounds like an upstanding fellow. This notion of eliminating cash bail, and of parole, both need to be squashed. In VA in the 90s, back when it was still solid red, went to fed guidelines for sentencing, basically eliminating parole, mandating serve 85% of sentences. If something like that was in place, this animal would still have been behind bars.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:49 am

Yep. Liberals want more violent crime. There’s no other explanation for the violent crime indcing policies they put in place.
He was sentenced after he pushed his way into his girlfriend's home, punched her, dragged her from the residence by her hair and whipped her with a belt.
Sounds like an upstanding fellow. This notion of eliminating cash bail, and of parole, both need to be squashed. In VA in the 90s, back when it was still solid red, went to fed guidelines for sentencing, basically eliminating parole, mandating serve 85% of sentences. If something like that was in place, this animal would still have been behind bars.
There are ways to fix the system (i.e. avoid having people stuck on parole for decades or sitting in jail for years before getting their case heard in court) without at the same time letting loose people like the apparent accused in this case. It doesn't have to be either/or and if we don't reduce everything to soundbites or quick postings/tweets it could be done. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:47 am

There are ways to fix the system (i.e. avoid having people stuck on parole for decades or sitting in jail for years before getting their case heard in court) without at the same time letting loose people like the apparent accused in this case. It doesn't have to be either/or and if we don't reduce everything to soundbites or quick postings/tweets it could be done. :coffee:
A 10 yr sentence should mean 10 years, or damn close. Not 4.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

inducing*

Drivel like this is why nobody comes here anymore. BDMBFK :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CA bill to mandate 4 day/32 hr workweek..
https://www.foxla.com/news/shorter-work ... ornia-bill

Yeah, that will work wonders for keeping employers from fleeing the state.. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Not just unique to CA, but let’s keep electing dinosaurs. 88 yrs old, already losing it, and she’s got 2 1/2 more years to go. She’ll be 91 she somehow serves out her term. And this is from a liberal paper..
Colleagues worry Dianne Feinstein is now mentally unfit to serve, citing recent interactions

WASHINGTON — When a California Democrat in Congress recently engaged in an extended conversation with Sen. Dianne Feinstein, they prepared for a rigorous policy discussion like those they’d had with her many times over the last 15 years.

Instead, the lawmaker said, they had to reintroduce themselves to Feinstein multiple times during an interaction that lasted several hours.

Rather than delve into policy, Feinstein, 88, repeated the same small-talk questions, like asking the lawmaker what mattered to voters in their district, the member of Congress said, with no apparent recognition the two had already had a similar conversation.

The episode was so unnerving that the lawmaker — who spoke to The Chronicle on condition they not be identified because of the sensitivity of the topic — began raising concerns with colleagues to see if some kind of intervention to persuade Feinstein to retire was possible. Feinstein’s term runs through the end of 2024. The conversation occurred several weeks before the death of her husband in February.

“I have worked with her for a long time and long enough to know what she was like just a few years ago: always in command, always in charge, on top of the details, basically couldn’t resist a conversation where she was driving some bill or some idea. All of that is gone,” the lawmaker said. “She was an intellectual and political force not that long ago, and that’s why my encounter with her was so jarring. Because there was just no trace of that.”

Four U.S. senators, including three Democrats, as well as three former Feinstein staffers and the California Democratic member of Congress told The Chronicle in recent interviews that her memory is rapidly deteriorating. They said it appears she can no longer fulfill her job duties without her staff doing much of the work required to represent the nearly 40 million people of California...
https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/ar ... 079487.php
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Over 70 should give you pause to elect someone. Heck, even the dinosaur of all dinosaurs, the Catholic Church, retires everyone not the Pope at 75. So much money to be made and so many perks from being in power just make people never want to leave. Generous term limits (10 years for the House, 18 years for the Senate - as examples, can surely tweak these as needed to come to a compromised agreement) should be easy to agree on no matter what side of the aisle you're on.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

This is why anyone with the means does not ride public transit.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Guess insects are now fish in California.

A California appeals court ruled Tuesday that bees can be classified as fish under the state’s Endangered Species Act (CESA) in a blow to agriculture groups.

The Sacramento-based three-judge panel ruled that four species of bumble bees found across California are technically fish since they are invertebrates, according to the decision in a case concerning the species’ protected status that pitted the state government against agriculture groups. The court added that the term fish shouldn’t be confined to “aquatic” invertebrates under the CESA.

“We acknowledge the scope of the definition is ambiguous but also recognize we are not interpreting the definition on a blank slate,” the appellate court’s ruling stated. “The legislative history supports the liberal interpretation of the Act (the lens through which we are required to construe the Act) that the Commission may list any invertebrate as an endangered or threatened species.”

“Furthermore, limiting the term to aquatic would require a restrictive rather than liberal interpretation of the Act, which is also directly at odds with our duty to liberally construe the remedial statutes contained therein,” the panel continued. “We thus decline to apply the statutory interpretation canon here.”
https://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/2022/0 ... ally-fish/
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

The largest pork producer in the world is giving up on the California market…
Smithfield Foods, the largest pork processor in the world, will close its Vernon, California, plant and reduce its hog herd in the West, the company announced Friday.

The closure, which the company attributed in a statement to "the escalating cost of doing business in California," comes as the state rolls out a new law requiring livestock be given more spacious confinements.
https://news.yahoo.com/smithfield-close ... 3ulfCliK6O
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

As long as they don't go back to where they came from...
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

California police discover underground bunker full of stolen goods and weapons in homeless encampment

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-p ... mpment.amp
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »