Political discussions
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: All Things California

Post by Baldy »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:52 am
SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:08 pm Not sure if anyone has heard or followed the Wi Spa issues in LA (a dude claiming to be a chic let his junk out in front of some kids at the spa. The mom went ape shit, protesting ensued) but LAPD has been kicking some Antifa ass the past few days.
Rubber bullet to the nutsack?
Nutsack? Really??? How dare you assume someone's gender. :ohno:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Californication

Post by UNI88 »

Baldy wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:18 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:52 am
Rubber bullet to the nutsack?
Nutsack? Really??? How dare you assume someone's gender. :ohno:
Is taco-sack an acceptable non-gender specific term?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

California voters vote stupid…get the results…

Bacon may disappear in California as pig rules take effect

https://news.yahoo.com/bacon-may-disapp ... 27828.html
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Col Hogan wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:00 pm California voters vote stupid…get the results…

So you pay a little more for bacon. Big deal.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AshevilleApp wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:12 pm
Col Hogan wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:00 pm California voters vote stupid…get the results…

Its not just ‘a little more for bacon’, but rather huge price increases which could eventually spread nationwide. And newsflash, pork is a lot more than just bacon.
Barry Goodwin, an economist at North Carolina State University, estimated the extra costs at 15% more per animal for a farm with 1,000 breeding pigs.

If half the pork supply was suddenly lost in California, bacon prices would jump 60%, meaning a $6 package would rise to about $9.60, according to a study by the Hatamiya Group, a consulting firm hired by opponents of the state proposition…

…. At least initially, analysts predict that even as California pork prices soar, customers elsewhere in the country will see little difference. Eventually, California’s new rules could become a national standard because processors can’t afford to ignore the market in such a large state…..

…Kim, who is Korean-American, said she’s especially worried for small restaurants whose customers can't afford big price increases and that specialize in Asian and Hispanic dishes that typically include pork.

“You know, I work and live with a lot of Asian and Hispanic populations in the city and their diet consists of pork. Pork is huge,” Kim said. “It’s almost like bread and butter.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bacon ... uxbndlbing
But I guess its screw all those large amounts of pork consuming lower & middle income folks..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

let them eat chicken thighs
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:18 pm

Its not just ‘a little more for bacon’, but rather huge price increases which could eventually spread nationwide. And newsflash, pork is a lot more than just bacon.
Barry Goodwin, an economist at North Carolina State University, estimated the extra costs at 15% more per animal for a farm with 1,000 breeding pigs.

If half the pork supply was suddenly lost in California, bacon prices would jump 60%, meaning a $6 package would rise to about $9.60, according to a study by the Hatamiya Group, a consulting firm hired by opponents of the state proposition…

…. At least initially, analysts predict that even as California pork prices soar, customers elsewhere in the country will see little difference. Eventually, California’s new rules could become a national standard because processors can’t afford to ignore the market in such a large state…..

…Kim, who is Korean-American, said she’s especially worried for small restaurants whose customers can't afford big price increases and that specialize in Asian and Hispanic dishes that typically include pork.

“You know, I work and live with a lot of Asian and Hispanic populations in the city and their diet consists of pork. Pork is huge,” Kim said. “It’s almost like bread and butter.”
But I guess its screw all those large amounts of pork consuming lower & middle income folks..
If they want fancy food like bacon, they should work harder, move, or save more.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Here's your newsflash - huge increases in food prices are coming regardless.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:38 pm

If they want fancy food like bacon, they should work harder, move, or save more.
:notworthy:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:47 pm

Yeah, thanks to Bidenflation. But no need to make the increases even bigger with inane polices like in CA..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Are baby back ribs, pork spare ribs, pork butt, pork sausage, pork loin, ham, hot dogs, bologna, pork rinds, spam, chitlins etc,etc fancy?
Last edited by BDKJMU on Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:14 pm

Are baby back ribs, pork spare ribs, pork butt, pork sausage, pork loin, ham, hot dogs, pork rinds, spam, chitlins etc,etc fancy?
Yes.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:13 pm
Are baby back ribs, pork spare ribs, pork butt, pork sausage, pork loin, ham, hot dogs, pork rinds, spam, chitlins etc,etc fancy?
Yes.
Maybe for granola eaters who want to tell others what they should and shouldn't eat but not for salt-of-the-earth types from Iowa. :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Got some growing right now :coffee:

People should be thinking about turning some of their money into land. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Are baby back ribs, pork spare ribs, pork butt, pork sausage, pork loin, ham, hot dogs, bologna, pork rinds, spam, chitlins etc,etc fancy?
Yes.
:dunce:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:03 am

Yes.
Please don’t be so hard on yourself.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:06 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:03 am
Please don’t be so hard on yourself.
Sorry that you’re slow. Let me know if I can help..
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:11 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:47 pm

Yeah, thanks to Bidenflation. But no need to make the increases even bigger with inane polices like in CA..
Wrong again, d'habitude..... :ohno:

Food prices will rise over and above inflation and by a significant amount - all welfare-farmer cunts in Dumbfuckistan will be finding it more profitable to grow food for the Chinese. You should pay attention to what CID says about China because he's exactly right, although his timeline may be optimistic. You'll be just like McFly, getting chewed out by your Chinese boss via your TV.

BDMBFK! You razy dog! Increase your production immediately or you will receive beating! Your quota has been raised to 1,000 browup dolls per shift!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:37 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:11 pm
Wrong again, d'habitude..... :ohno:

Food prices will rise over and above inflation and by a significant amount - all welfare-farmer cunts in Dumbfuckistan will be finding it more profitable to grow food for the Chinese. You should pay attention to what CID says about China because he's exactly right, although his timeline may be optimistic. You'll be just like McFly, getting chewed out by your Chinese boss via your TV.

BDMBFK! You razy dog! Increase your production immediately or you will receive beating! Your quota has been raised to 1,000 browup dolls per shift!
Didn’t bother reading your inane drivel. I’m sorry you’re too dense to see the CA libtards inane pig policies will cause pork prices to rise.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

You (not you personally, the understood you) really have to come to the conclusion that these environmental policies, while they mean well, ultimately will lead to massive disruptions and difficulties for businesses and the population at large and therefore aren't well thought out. I'm all for protecting our environment and leaving the world better, cleaner, healthier for the next generation. I understand there's some hell to go through before you get to heaven...but it seems that more times than not politicians seriously lack big picture thinking.

The cascading effect will be that people won't pay $3 more for a pack of bacon. Bacon (and other pork products) don't sell. Distributors stop buy so much. Farmers can't sell to them.

In the end, Farmer's can't bring home the bacon b/c they can't sell it.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Depends on your income level.

I've had fat back in fancy restaurants. :shock:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I like pork butts and I cannot lie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CA is using the delta variant as a reason to roll out mass in-mail ballots again. Looks like Newsom will retain power via cheating.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:12 pm CA is using the delta variant as a reason to roll out mass in-mail ballots again. Looks like Newsom will retain power via cheating.
Sore loser. Just like the election. :coffee:

:ohno: