Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: All Things California

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:57 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:09 pm

You're the loser and you want to make yourself feel better by blaming somebody else. If your side wins you'll be praising the system to the heavens and all talk of rigged election forgotten. All these years and you still try sell your feeble nonsense..... :ohno:
Hey dumbass, ballot harvesting is legal in CA. It's rigged. Not really hard to comprehend.
loser talk. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:20 pm The nail in the coffin may have just come out today: in addition to the corruption and the mismanagement of the forest fires and the pandemic, not to mention all the cache going out to criminals and illegal immigrants, word just came out today that we're facing a $54B+ deficit in the coming year. After all the speechifying about using a surplus to fund social projects, if that doesn't speak to incompetency, I don't know what does....
Deficits don't matter - Dick Cheney

:coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

You get what you vote for. :coffee:

I went to a school in the hood, there were always cops on campus. Not sure why anyone thought taking cops off campus was a good idea.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:30 pm You get what you vote for. :coffee:

I went to a school in the hood, there were always cops on campus. Not sure why anyone thought taking cops off campus was a good idea.
Because cops are bad, evil, white supremacists. Cops aren't there to respond to crime and violence, crime and violence happen because cops are there.

At least that's what it seems like many on the left believe. :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:35 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:30 pm You get what you vote for. :coffee:

Because cops are bad, evil, white supremacists. Cops aren't there to respond to crime and violence, crime and violence happen because cops are there.

Maybe its the videos of police executing handcuffed suspects in broad daylight, or putting sixteen rounds in to a kids back, or shooting a man in teh back and planting his taser on him or maybe filming your buddies out for a father and son Sunday drive hunting down an unarmed man out jogging and and wasting him with a shotgun in the middle of the street, etc....? Ya think its possible that kind of shit rubs some people the wrong way?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:34 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:35 pm

Maybe its the videos of police executing handcuffed suspects in broad daylight, or putting sixteen rounds in to a kids back, or shooting a man in teh back and planting his taser on him or maybe filming your buddies out for a father and son Sunday drive hunting down an unarmed man out jogging and and wasting him with a shotgun in the middle of the street, etc....? Ya think its possible that kind of shit rubs some people the wrong way?
So let's get rid of cops because of the small percentage of bad things that happen when cops interact with the public/minorities. Let's replace that small number of bad interactions with a much greater number of bad things that will happen because cops aren't available. That's a brilliant solution from the geniuses in the ctrl-left.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:22 am

So let's get rid of cops because of the small percentage of bad things that happen when cops interact with the public/minorities. Let's replace that small number of bad interactions with a much greater number of bad things that will happen because cops aren't available. That's a brilliant solution from the geniuses in the ctrl-left.
The system is broken…from economics to criminal justice and they all influence each other.

There are great cops out there and I feel for the shit they have to put up with. But there needs to be more great cops. There are still too many bad interactions. And the public refusal by sherrifs to comply with pandemic related state health policies has been a bad look. At one point we were taught to look up to LE as responsible learning leaders in our community.

Perhaps better screening and psych training? More education? Especially if we expect them to continue to perform as social workers and with at risk communities.
Last edited by kalm on Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:00 am

The system is broken…from economics to criminal justice and they all influence each other.

There are great cops out there and I feel for the shit they have to put up with. But there needs to be more great cops. There are still too many bad interactions. And the public refusal to comply with pandemic related state health policies has been a bad look. At one point we were taught to look up to LE as responsible DI learning leaders in our community.

Perhaps better screening and psych training? More education? Especially if we expect them to continue to perform as social workers and with at risk communities.
howsabout we just stop treating them all like criminals? howsabout we stop teaching children to be afraid of them and hate them?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:54 am

There are great cops out there and I feel for the shit they have to put up with. But there needs to be more great cops. There are still too many bad interactions. And the public refusal to comply with pandemic related state health policies has been a bad look. At one point we were taught to look up to LE as responsible DI learning leaders in our community.

howsabout we just stop treating them all like criminals? howsabout we stop teaching children to be afraid of them and hate them?
They’re all treated like criminals?

Do innocent people have nothing to be afraid of from cops?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:06 am

No, they're not all treated like criminals just like not all minorities are treated like criminals by the cops. On the list of things that innocent people have to be afraid of, cops is near the bottom. It is higher if you're a minority or live in a poorer neighborhood but gang violence is a greater threat

I've lived in the Hood and I've seen minorities get the short end of the stick when it comes to LE. I've also seen cops in Chicago get away with being bullies because the system allows it.

The system isn't broken, it has cracks that need to be fixed. The whole idea that cops are the problem is bullsh!t. Defunding the police and keeping cops from being a part of the solution is going to lead to a whole lot of pain and suffering (and additional calls of racism when the wealthy hire private security). Yes, we need better screening, better training and if we're going to ask them to do more we need to pay them better and treat them like professionals.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:25 am
kalm wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:06 am

No, they're not all treated like criminals just like not all minorities are treated like criminals by the cops. On the list of things that innocent people have to be afraid of, cops is near the bottom. It is higher if you're a minority or live in a poorer neighborhood but gang violence is a greater threat

I've lived in the Hood and I've seen minorities get the short end of the stick when it comes to LE. I've also seen cops in Chicago get away with being bullies because the system allows it.

The system isn't broken, it has cracks that need to be fixed. The whole idea that cops are the problem is bullsh!t. Defunding the police and keeping cops from being a part of the solution is going to lead to a whole lot of pain and suffering (and additional calls of racism when the wealthy hire private security). Yes, we need better screening, better training and if we're going to ask them to do more we need to pay them better and treat them like professionals.
We pretty much agree. I’ll cop to hyperbole with calling it broken. We can all do better.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Who said lets get rid of cops? Now you're just being a drama queen. :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

There are great cops out there and I feel for the shit they have to put up with. But there needs to be more great cops. There are still too many bad interactions. And the public refusal by sherrifs to comply with pandemic related state health policies has been a bad look. At one point we were taught to look up to LE as responsible learning leaders in our community.

Never happen until the police unions get on board with good cops not being targeted for reprisal when they call out bad cops. :coffee:

How come the union-haters never mention police unions?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Pay them right, hold them accountable, don't hire them until their pre-frontal cortex is fully developed.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

:shock:

For a second there I thought you were talking about minorities and I was sure that this must be the end of times....
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:16 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:00 am The system is broken…from economics to criminal justice and they all influence each other.

Never happen until the police unions get on board with good cops not being targeted for reprisal when they call out bad cops. :coffee:

Probably for the same reason that the police-haters never mention other unions.
houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:19 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:00 am The system is broken…from economics to criminal justice and they all influence each other.

Pay them right, hold them accountable, don't hire them until their pre-frontal cortex is fully developed.
Why do you respond to the exact same post twice?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:21 pm

:shock:

For a second there I thought you were talking about minorities and I was sure that this must be the end of times....
I can’t help it if you treat minorities that way….shame on you.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:13 pm

Other than every member of the “Squad”? Minneapolis city council? Seattle City council? Just to name a few….
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:30 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:16 pm

Probably for the same reason that the police-haters never mention other unions.
houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:19 pm

Why do you respond to the exact same post twice?
Why do you ask? :?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:32 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:13 pm

Other than every member of the “Squad”? Minneapolis city council? Seattle City council? Just to name a few….
There you go again... :ohno:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:08 pm Not sure if anyone has heard or followed the Wi Spa issues in LA (a dude claiming to be a chic let his junk out in front of some kids at the spa. The mom went ape shit, protesting ensued) but LAPD has been kicking some Antifa ass the past few days.
The gay asian reporter was right again!!!

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

San Francisco program pays people $300-a-month to not shoot each other
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/sa ... ar-AAO1Uvl
:suspicious: :lol: :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Paging houndy. :rofl:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:lol:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

The pro-Newsom idiots are out in force. I know the LA Times pulled this stunt first, but apparently, a Newsom rally speaker just went full-on racist in calling recall candidate Larry Elder "blackface." It's so upsetting to see the Left think they can define what racism is and is not....

https://news.yahoo.com/newsom-rally-spe ... p_catchall

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.