Post by SDHornet »

Leftists so mad that a black guy might be CA Governor. :lol: :ohno:

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: All Things California

Post by Baldy »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:31 pm Leftists so mad that a black guy might be CA Governor. :lol: :ohno:

Donks are gonna Donk. :nod:

Does anyone want to guess how much press coverage this would receive if the tables were turned and this happened to Stacey Abrams?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Baldy wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:02 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:31 pm Leftists so mad that a black guy might be CA Governor. :lol: :ohno:

Donks are gonna Donk. :nod:

Does anyone want to guess how much press coverage this would receive if the tables were turned and this happened to Stacey Abrams?
The DNC is pulling out all the stops on the propaganda front. A ton of national Donk doing the rounds.

They're scared and desperate.

My money is still on the recall not passing as the machine will have their ballot harvesting efforts out in full force.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Per CBS13 News at 4, Conservatives, Liberals, and Green party guys are calling Newsom's "vote no and turn it in" strategy "voter suppression," "Unamerican," and liable to backfire as it did for Gray Davis.

:lol:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Looks like an easy win for Newsom which shouldn't be surprising in solid blue California.

(So far) he's polling ahead of 2020 results in suburban areas, although worst in rural areas.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:14 pm Looks like an easy win for Newsom which shouldn't be surprising in solid blue California.

(So far) he's polling ahead of 2020 results in suburban areas, although worst in rural areas.
The establishment has weeks to harvest the ballots needed to stave off the recall. 22M ballots were mailed, 7M have been returned. We've seen how the mail in ballot scheme works last November.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:21 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:14 pm Looks like an easy win for Newsom which shouldn't be surprising in solid blue California.

The establishment has weeks to harvest the ballots needed to stave off the recall. 22M ballots were mailed, 7M have been returned. We've seen how the mail in ballot scheme works last November.
So you have issues with people's votes being counted. In an election. In a democracy.

Got it.

What an embarrassing beatdown right now, and what a waste of time and money for your state.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:24 pm

So you have issues with people's votes being counted. In an election. In a democracy.

Got it.
Ballot harvesting is legal here, dumbass. How else would the establishment retain power. :lol: :dunce:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Most media outlets have called it. Newsom "survives," although the entire thing was a waste of resources.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

One salutary result of this recall episode is that it will keep Newsom’s sorry French Laundry ass off the national Donk ballot. The ex-Mr. Kimberly Guilfoyle will never be POTUS.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:31 am One salutary result of this recall episode is that it will keep Newsom’s sorry French Laundry ass off the national Donk ballot. The ex-Mr. Kimberly Guilfoyle will never be POTUS.
I've had expensive meals before...but I don't think I could shell out $350 per person for dinner. Even if I had the money....
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:34 am
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:31 am One salutary result of this recall episode is that it will keep Newsom’s sorry French Laundry ass off the national Donk ballot. The ex-Mr. Kimberly Guilfoyle will never be POTUS.
I've had expensive meals before...but I don't think I could shell out $350 per person for dinner. Even if I had the money....
What Newsom did is definitely wrong and a mismanagement of taxpayer funds. That said, I had a $400+ dinner last year. While skeptical beforehand, I think it's one of those things that - if you have the means - is worth doing at least once in life. It's hard to describe, but the food and experience really was on another level.

The Inn at Little Washington was the restaurant.

Don't do it on the taxpayer's dime though.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:34 am
Fly somewhere great and have some chips.

That said…I shell it out for that one Danish restaurant that Bordain went to.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Got it.

What an embarrassing beatdown right now, and what a waste of time and money for your state.
Every citizen's legal vote should be counted. I have a problem with the possibility that votes are being manipulated by harvesters. Harvesting is just as troublesome as suppression but you choose to ignore it because it tends to benefit the party you support.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

How are people harvesting votes manipulating it? They're going out and finding voters. That's how a good democracy works.

It doesn't matter how the votes are actually gathered...a vote is a vote. We should harvest even more votes, not less. Conservative states should do it too. You don't want to count voters?

Voter suppression is the opposite. It makes it harder to be part of our democracy.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:18 am How are people harvesting votes manipulating it? They're going out.and finding votes. That's how a good democracy works.
Listening to you talk about a good democracy is quite funny.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

89Hen wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:20 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:18 am How are people harvesting votes manipulating it? They're going out.and finding votes. That's how a good democracy works.
I know freedom and individual rights are a foreign concept to you, so I don't blame you for finding good democracy to be funny.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:22 am
89Hen wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:20 am
I know freedom and individual rights are a foreign concept to you, so I don't blame you for finding good democracy to be funny.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

89Hen wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:28 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:22 am

:thumb: :kisswink:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

The funny thing is that most evidence points to this being an Elder setup.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

LMAO

Face it, the GOP and the especially the Trump wing and CRAZY Larry Elder are so far out of step with REAL Americans that it was a cakewalk.

Only a complete and utter fool thinks there was voter fraud. Of course, the same morons think the election was stolen from Trump, so there's that.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:18 am How are people harvesting votes manipulating it? They're going out and finding voters. That's how a good democracy works.

It doesn't matter how the votes are actually gathered...a vote is a vote. We should harvest even more votes, not less. Conservative states should do it too. You don't want to count voters?

Voter suppression is the opposite. It makes it harder to be part of our democracy.
How do I know that they're:
  • Turning in all of the ballots that they collect?
  • Not influencing how people fill out their ballots?
  • Not filling out blank ballots and turning them in with their other ballots?
Why should I trust them? Harvesting is rife with opportunities for malfeasance and it isn't regulated well enough for me to blindly accept it. A Harvester should be vetted and held to the same or higher standards as a polling place (i.e. no electioneering).
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Got it.

Exactly. So called fiscal conservatives (which there are none) wasted $300 million

The people spoke loud and clear: Don't Trump/DeathSantis/Abbott the 5th largest economy in the world
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:54 pm Most media outlets have called it. Newsom "survives," although the entire thing was a waste of resources.
yeah, the spin from the media is ridiculous. They were all predicting Newsom's demise, and they are butthurt they were made to look foolish.