SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: All Things California

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Cal Poly is playing at the Fargodome this fall, but I don't blame a SIU fan to care that much about football. ;)
Yeah, see above N Dakota isn’t on the list. Its S Dakota.
Even if ND was on the list it wouldn't matter, see my above comment.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Nothing has been affected as far as I know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: RE: Re: All Things California

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Fargo on its worst day > Egypt on its best day
It's a well kept secret.
And I would like to keep it that way..... Image
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

People are pooping more than ever on the streets of San Francisco
Between 2011 and 2018, San Francisco experienced a massive increase in reported incidents of human feces found on public streets.

In 2011, just over 5,500 reports were logged by the San Francisco Department of Public Works; in 2018, the number increased to more than 28,000.

https://m.sfgate.com/technology/busines ... o-11848183
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Col Hogan wrote:People are pooping more than ever on the streets of San Francisco
Between 2011 and 2018, San Francisco experienced a massive increase in reported incidents of human feces found on public streets.

In 2011, just over 5,500 reports were logged by the San Francisco Department of Public Works; in 2018, the number increased to more than 28,000.

It has gotten so bad some conventions have been cancelled.

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

Col Hogan wrote:People are pooping more than ever on the streets of San Francisco

The folks who did the above chart just issued a map of the locations of every shit report in San Francisco since 2011...

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Cue Mr. Hankey.... :shit: :thefan:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

The shit covered sidewalks of California are still better than 90% of the clean sidewalks anywhere else in this country.

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Col Hogan wrote: The folks who did the above chart just issued a map of the locations of every shit report in San Francisco since 2011...

If everybody would just carry some of those pet poop bags and took one spot, the problem would take care of its self. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

How about more public bathrooms sponsored by Twitter, Facebook, Apple, etc?
Go Black Bears!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

mainejeff wrote:The **** covered sidewalks of California are still better than 90% of the clean sidewalks anywhere else in this country.

Went for a job interview in downtown Oakland. Reminded me of downtown St Paul, except for the Palm trees. Didn't think it was any better or any worse.

28,000 dumps is only 77 people with one dump per day. Now if they all dumped in the same spot, that would be a mess. Never saw any in Oakland, San Jose, SF or the burbs during my visits.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote:
mainejeff wrote:The **** covered sidewalks of California are still better than 90% of the clean sidewalks anywhere else in this country.

Went for a job interview in downtown Oakland. Reminded me of downtown St Paul, except for the Palm trees. Didn't think it was any better or any worse.

28,000 dumps is only 77 people with one dump per day. Now if they all dumped in the same spot, that would be a mess. Never saw any in Oakland, San Jose, SF or the burbs during my visits.
That is pretty regular. :shock:

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Winterborn wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

That is pretty regular. :shock:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Do they have Tim Horton's in California?

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

California Has a new initiative, asking all Resturant customers to pay a 1% surcharge On each bill to help pay for fighting Climate Change...
Changes could be coming to your favorite restaurant thanks to a statewide initiative just being announced Wednesday, called Restore California Renewable Restaurants.

Restaurant owners have the option of charging customers an additional 1% on their bills that would go to help stop climate change. Payments will be gathered by the California Air Resources Board and spent on implementing carbon plans on farms and ranches across California, boosting healthy soil, according to the Perrenial Farming Initiative.
https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/04 ... nitiative/

You can refuse to pay it, and your server should remove it from your bill...

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
It's a well kept secret.
And I would like to keep it that way..... Image
There's something we can all agree on
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote:

Back in the day that took some balls. :shock:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:"More Californians are considering fleeing the state as they blame sky-high costs, survey finds
A growing number of Californians are contemplating moving the state due to the sky-high cost of living, with sentiment highest among millennials, according to a new study.
Fifty-three percent say they are considering fleeing, representing a jump over the 49 percent a year ago.
The poll conducted by Edelman Intelligence found the chief reason for dissatisfaction isn't wildfires or earthquakes but housing cost and availability.

......63 percent of millennials in the 2019 survey indicated they were considering a move from sunny California. The chief reason for dissatisfaction: housing.....

...Statewide, the median home value in California was $547,400 at the end of 2018, while the U.S. median home value was $223,900. By comparison, the median home value in New York state stood at $289,000 and $681,500 in New York City; New Jersey was $324,700.

The Edelman survey found 47 percent of Californians are considering moving out of the state in the next five years. Again, it found the rates among millennials were higher with 55 percent of them contemplating the move. And 57 percent of Californians with kids under 18 also were considering packing up and leaving in the next five years.

Chapman's Kotkin believes the next wave of discontent in California won't necessarily be focused on housing costs but taxes.

"Taxes are a real killer if you're upper middle class and whether you're a younger person trying to buy a house or you just want to be able to spend what you make," said Kotkin. "There's also concern among people looking to retire and having their income taxed into oblivion."

At 12.3 percent, California led the 50 states in 2018 with the highest top marginal tax rate, according to the Federation of Tax Administrators. And that doesn't include an additional 1-percent surcharge for those Californians with incomes of $1 million or more....."
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/12/growing ... urvey.html
Now that they've fucked up the State they chased me out of 35 years ago they want to go home.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:"More Californians are considering fleeing the state as they blame sky-high costs, survey finds
A growing number of Californians are contemplating moving the state due to the sky-high cost of living, with sentiment highest among millennials, according to a new study.
Fifty-three percent say they are considering fleeing, representing a jump over the 49 percent a year ago.
The poll conducted by Edelman Intelligence found the chief reason for dissatisfaction isn't wildfires or earthquakes but housing cost and availability.

......63 percent of millennials in the 2019 survey indicated they were considering a move from sunny California. The chief reason for dissatisfaction: housing.....

...Statewide, the median home value in California was $547,400 at the end of 2018, while the U.S. median home value was $223,900. By comparison, the median home value in New York state stood at $289,000 and $681,500 in New York City; New Jersey was $324,700.

The Edelman survey found 47 percent of Californians are considering moving out of the state in the next five years. Again, it found the rates among millennials were higher with 55 percent of them contemplating the move. And 57 percent of Californians with kids under 18 also were considering packing up and leaving in the next five years.

Chapman's Kotkin believes the next wave of discontent in California won't necessarily be focused on housing costs but taxes.

"Taxes are a real killer if you're upper middle class and whether you're a younger person trying to buy a house or you just want to be able to spend what you make," said Kotkin. "There's also concern among people looking to retire and having their income taxed into oblivion."

At 12.3 percent, California led the 50 states in 2018 with the highest top marginal tax rate, according to the Federation of Tax Administrators. And that doesn't include an additional 1-percent surcharge for those Californians with incomes of $1 million or more....."
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/12/growing ... urvey.html
Now that they've **** up the State they chased me out of 35 years ago they want to go home and fvck that up too.
FYP

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

http://www.grubstreet.com/2019/06/calif ... offee.html

California Officially Comes to Its Senses
California is a leader when it comes to facing down potential threats to human and animal life, whether that’s becoming the first U.S. state to ban single-use plastic bags back in 2014 or being one of the few places in the country where it’s hard to find a plastic straw.

But last year the state went a step too far after a Los Angeles judge upheld a statute that required coffee shops from Blue Bottle to Starbucks to put a cancer warning label on their cups under Proposition 65 or face fines of $2,500 per incident. All this came after coffee retailers were unable to prove that coffee contains only a negligible amount of the carcinogen acrylamide.

The state has, however, finally come to its senses. Eight years after this all began, California’s Office of Administrative Law has issued an official Prop 65 exemption for coffee. Hallelujah.

More than 90 coffee retailers from McDonald’s to mom-and-pop chains are still facing a lawsuit alleging that they sold coffee knowing it contained a carcinogen, but with this news, the lawsuit’s days are likely numbered.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

CAA Flagship wrote:http://www.grubstreet.com/2019/06/calif ... offee.html

California Officially Comes to Its Senses
California is a leader when it comes to facing down potential threats to human and animal life, whether that’s becoming the first U.S. state to ban single-use plastic bags back in 2014 or being one of the few places in the country where it’s hard to find a plastic straw.

But last year the state went a step too far after a Los Angeles judge upheld a statute that required coffee shops from Blue Bottle to Starbucks to put a cancer warning label on their cups under Proposition 65 or face fines of $2,500 per incident. All this came after coffee retailers were unable to prove that coffee contains only a negligible amount of the carcinogen acrylamide.

The state has, however, finally come to its senses. Eight years after this all began, California’s Office of Administrative Law has issued an official Prop 65 exemption for coffee. Hallelujah.

More than 90 coffee retailers from McDonald’s to mom-and-pop chains are still facing a lawsuit alleging that they sold coffee knowing it contained a carcinogen, but with this news, the lawsuit’s days are likely numbered.

:rofl:

Nope I can definitely say based on recent CARB inquires that California is in no danger of ever coming to it senses.

Prop 65 is just the tip of the insanity iceberg that California is heading full steam towards. :coffee:

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... newsom-law

Trump’s tax returns required under new California election law
SACRAMENTO —

President Trump will be ineligible for California’s primary ballot next year unless he discloses his tax returns under a state law that immediately took effect Tuesday, an unprecedented mandate that is almost certain to spark a high-profile court fight and might encourage other states to adopt their own unconventional rules for presidential candidates.

The law, signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom on his final day to take action and passed on a strict party-line vote in the Legislature, requires all presidential candidates to submit five years of income tax filings. They must do so by late November in order to secure a spot on California’s presidential primary ballot in March. State elections officials will post the financial documents online, although certain private information must first be redacted.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Any Human Feces Incident updates? :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

houndawg wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Cal Poly is playing at the Fargodome this fall, but I don't blame a SIU fan to care that much about football. ;)
Cal Poly has already won that game. Because when the game is over they get to leave Fargo. :coffee:
Fargo is a great town, might change what's left of your mind if you ever visit there once

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

CAA Flagship wrote:https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... newsom-law

Trump’s tax returns required under new California election law
SACRAMENTO —

President Trump will be ineligible for California’s primary ballot next year unless he discloses his tax returns under a state law that immediately took effect Tuesday, an unprecedented mandate that is almost certain to spark a high-profile court fight and might encourage other states to adopt their own unconventional rules for presidential candidates.

The law, signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom on his final day to take action and passed on a strict party-line vote in the Legislature, requires all presidential candidates to submit five years of income tax filings. They must do so by late November in order to secure a spot on California’s presidential primary ballot in March. State elections officials will post the financial documents online, although certain private information must first be redacted.

Courts will kill it, that is not in the constitution. Gavin and the libs are going to lose this one.