All Things California

Political discussions
User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 26817
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: All Things California

Post by Gil Dobie »

houndawg wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Cal Poly is playing at the Fargodome this fall, but I don't blame a SIU fan to care that much about football. ;)
Cal Poly has already won that game. Because when the game is over they get to leave Fargo. :coffee:
I've been to Illinois many times, Cal Poly made a good choice by not going there. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 26817
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: All Things California

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ivytalk wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Cal Poly has already won that game. Because when the game is over they get to leave Fargo. :coffee:
Fargo on its worst day > Egypt on its best day
It's a well kept secret.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18658
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: All Things California

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: I was wondering about that with the 10 states now being:
Alabama
Kansas
Kentucky
Mississippi
North Carolina
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas
South Carolina
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/04/02/cal ... ation.html
What do they have against North Dakota, is it a reaction to fracking??
My bad, North Dakota isn’t on the list. Its South Dakota.
Typing in N Carolina, S Carolina, accidentally typed N Dakota instead of S Dakota. Fixed it.
BLM: Burning Looting Marxists

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18658
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: All Things California

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Except for Texas none of these states have to worry about too many visitors.
Cal Poly is playing at the Fargodome this fall, but I don't blame a SIU fan to care that much about football. ;)
Yeah, see above N Dakota isn’t on the list. Its S Dakota.
BLM: Burning Looting Marxists

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 14606
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: All Things California

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote:Apparently it bans regular season scheduling. Events that were scheduled before a state was added to the list and post season are exempt.
https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-go ... 08374.html
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... ravel-ban/
California libtards..
I think exemptions are made for those already contracted to make trips. Example: Sac State baseball is in the WAC and we make trips to TX to play UTRGV because we were in the WAC before the law went into effect. We also made trip to UND when they were still in the BSC.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 14606
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: All Things California

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Cal Poly is playing at the Fargodome this fall, but I don't blame a SIU fan to care that much about football. ;)
Yeah, see above N Dakota isn’t on the list. Its S Dakota.
Even if ND was on the list it wouldn't matter, see my above comment.

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2515
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: All Things California

Post by css75 »

Nothing has been affected as far as I know.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
Winterborn
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4545
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: RE: Re: All Things California

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Fargo on its worst day > Egypt on its best day
It's a well kept secret.
And I would like to keep it that way..... Image
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11827
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: All Things California

Post by Col Hogan »

People are pooping more than ever on the streets of San Francisco
Between 2011 and 2018, San Francisco experienced a massive increase in reported incidents of human feces found on public streets.

In 2011, just over 5,500 reports were logged by the San Francisco Department of Public Works; in 2018, the number increased to more than 28,000.
Image

https://m.sfgate.com/technology/busines ... o-11848183
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2515
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: All Things California

Post by css75 »

Col Hogan wrote:People are pooping more than ever on the streets of San Francisco
Between 2011 and 2018, San Francisco experienced a massive increase in reported incidents of human feces found on public streets.

In 2011, just over 5,500 reports were logged by the San Francisco Department of Public Works; in 2018, the number increased to more than 28,000.
Image

https://m.sfgate.com/technology/busines ... o-11848183
It has gotten so bad some conventions have been cancelled.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11827
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: All Things California

Post by Col Hogan »

Col Hogan wrote:People are pooping more than ever on the streets of San Francisco
Between 2011 and 2018, San Francisco experienced a massive increase in reported incidents of human feces found on public streets.

In 2011, just over 5,500 reports were logged by the San Francisco Department of Public Works; in 2018, the number increased to more than 28,000.
Image

https://m.sfgate.com/technology/busines ... o-11848183
The folks who did the above chart just issued a map of the locations of every shit report in San Francisco since 2011...

Image
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 25506
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: All Things California

Post by Ivytalk »

Col Hogan wrote:People are pooping more than ever on the streets of San Francisco
Between 2011 and 2018, San Francisco experienced a massive increase in reported incidents of human feces found on public streets.

In 2011, just over 5,500 reports were logged by the San Francisco Department of Public Works; in 2018, the number increased to more than 28,000.
Image

https://m.sfgate.com/technology/busines ... o-11848183
Cue Mr. Hankey.... :shit: :thefan:
“Sure. I was wrong.” — 89Hen 7/27/2020

User avatar
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
Posts: 5334
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: All Things California

Post by mainejeff »

The shit covered sidewalks of California are still better than 90% of the clean sidewalks anywhere else in this country.

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
Winterborn
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4545
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: All Things California

Post by Winterborn »

Col Hogan wrote: The folks who did the above chart just issued a map of the locations of every shit report in San Francisco since 2011...

Image
If everybody would just carry some of those pet poop bags and took one spot, the problem would take care of its self. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

User avatar
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
Posts: 5334
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: All Things California

Post by mainejeff »

How about more public bathrooms sponsored by Twitter, Facebook, Apple, etc?
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 26817
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: All Things California

Post by Gil Dobie »

mainejeff wrote:The **** covered sidewalks of California are still better than 90% of the clean sidewalks anywhere else in this country.

:coffee:
Went for a job interview in downtown Oakland. Reminded me of downtown St Paul, except for the Palm trees. Didn't think it was any better or any worse.

28,000 dumps is only 77 people with one dump per day. Now if they all dumped in the same spot, that would be a mess. Never saw any in Oakland, San Jose, SF or the burbs during my visits.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Winterborn
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4545
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: All Things California

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote:
mainejeff wrote:The **** covered sidewalks of California are still better than 90% of the clean sidewalks anywhere else in this country.

:coffee:
Went for a job interview in downtown Oakland. Reminded me of downtown St Paul, except for the Palm trees. Didn't think it was any better or any worse.

28,000 dumps is only 77 people with one dump per day. Now if they all dumped in the same spot, that would be a mess. Never saw any in Oakland, San Jose, SF or the burbs during my visits.
That is pretty regular. :shock:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 26817
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: All Things California

Post by Gil Dobie »

Winterborn wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Went for a job interview in downtown Oakland. Reminded me of downtown St Paul, except for the Palm trees. Didn't think it was any better or any worse.

28,000 dumps is only 77 people with one dump per day. Now if they all dumped in the same spot, that would be a mess. Never saw any in Oakland, San Jose, SF or the burbs during my visits.
That is pretty regular. :shock:
Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 26817
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: All Things California

Post by Gil Dobie »

Do they have Tim Horton's in California?

Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11827
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: All Things California

Post by Col Hogan »

California Has a new initiative, asking all Resturant customers to pay a 1% surcharge On each bill to help pay for fighting Climate Change...
Changes could be coming to your favorite restaurant thanks to a statewide initiative just being announced Wednesday, called Restore California Renewable Restaurants.

Restaurant owners have the option of charging customers an additional 1% on their bills that would go to help stop climate change. Payments will be gathered by the California Air Resources Board and spent on implementing carbon plans on farms and ranches across California, boosting healthy soil, according to the Perrenial Farming Initiative.
https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/04 ... nitiative/

You can refuse to pay it, and your server should remove it from your bill...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17791
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: RE: Re: All Things California

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
It's a well kept secret.
And I would like to keep it that way..... Image
There's something we can all agree on
Subvert the dominant paradigm

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17791
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: All Things California

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote:
mainejeff wrote:The **** covered sidewalks of California are still better than 90% of the clean sidewalks anywhere else in this country.

:coffee:
Went for a job interview in downtown Oakland. Reminded me of downtown St Paul, except for the Palm trees. Didn't think it was any better or any worse.

28,000 dumps is only 77 people with one dump per day. Now if they all dumped in the same spot, that would be a mess. Never saw any in Oakland, San Jose, SF or the burbs during my visits.
Back in the day that took some balls. :shock:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17791
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: All Things California

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:"More Californians are considering fleeing the state as they blame sky-high costs, survey finds
A growing number of Californians are contemplating moving the state due to the sky-high cost of living, with sentiment highest among millennials, according to a new study.
Fifty-three percent say they are considering fleeing, representing a jump over the 49 percent a year ago.
The poll conducted by Edelman Intelligence found the chief reason for dissatisfaction isn't wildfires or earthquakes but housing cost and availability.


......63 percent of millennials in the 2019 survey indicated they were considering a move from sunny California. The chief reason for dissatisfaction: housing.....

...Statewide, the median home value in California was $547,400 at the end of 2018, while the U.S. median home value was $223,900. By comparison, the median home value in New York state stood at $289,000 and $681,500 in New York City; New Jersey was $324,700.

The Edelman survey found 47 percent of Californians are considering moving out of the state in the next five years. Again, it found the rates among millennials were higher with 55 percent of them contemplating the move. And 57 percent of Californians with kids under 18 also were considering packing up and leaving in the next five years.

Chapman's Kotkin believes the next wave of discontent in California won't necessarily be focused on housing costs but taxes.

"Taxes are a real killer if you're upper middle class and whether you're a younger person trying to buy a house or you just want to be able to spend what you make," said Kotkin. "There's also concern among people looking to retire and having their income taxed into oblivion."

At 12.3 percent, California led the 50 states in 2018 with the highest top marginal tax rate, according to the Federation of Tax Administrators. And that doesn't include an additional 1-percent surcharge for those Californians with incomes of $1 million or more....."
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/12/growing ... urvey.html
Now that they've fucked up the State they chased me out of 35 years ago they want to go home.
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9266
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: Fence Sitter & Ball-Sack Splitter

Re: RE: Re: All Things California

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:"More Californians are considering fleeing the state as they blame sky-high costs, survey finds
A growing number of Californians are contemplating moving the state due to the sky-high cost of living, with sentiment highest among millennials, according to a new study.
Fifty-three percent say they are considering fleeing, representing a jump over the 49 percent a year ago.
The poll conducted by Edelman Intelligence found the chief reason for dissatisfaction isn't wildfires or earthquakes but housing cost and availability.


......63 percent of millennials in the 2019 survey indicated they were considering a move from sunny California. The chief reason for dissatisfaction: housing.....

...Statewide, the median home value in California was $547,400 at the end of 2018, while the U.S. median home value was $223,900. By comparison, the median home value in New York state stood at $289,000 and $681,500 in New York City; New Jersey was $324,700.

The Edelman survey found 47 percent of Californians are considering moving out of the state in the next five years. Again, it found the rates among millennials were higher with 55 percent of them contemplating the move. And 57 percent of Californians with kids under 18 also were considering packing up and leaving in the next five years.

Chapman's Kotkin believes the next wave of discontent in California won't necessarily be focused on housing costs but taxes.

"Taxes are a real killer if you're upper middle class and whether you're a younger person trying to buy a house or you just want to be able to spend what you make," said Kotkin. "There's also concern among people looking to retire and having their income taxed into oblivion."

At 12.3 percent, California led the 50 states in 2018 with the highest top marginal tax rate, according to the Federation of Tax Administrators. And that doesn't include an additional 1-percent surcharge for those Californians with incomes of $1 million or more....."
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/12/growing ... urvey.html
Now that they've **** up the State they chased me out of 35 years ago they want to go home and fvck that up too.
FYP

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 37123
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: All Things California

Post by CAA Flagship »

http://www.grubstreet.com/2019/06/calif ... offee.html

California Officially Comes to Its Senses
California is a leader when it comes to facing down potential threats to human and animal life, whether that’s becoming the first U.S. state to ban single-use plastic bags back in 2014 or being one of the few places in the country where it’s hard to find a plastic straw.

But last year the state went a step too far after a Los Angeles judge upheld a statute that required coffee shops from Blue Bottle to Starbucks to put a cancer warning label on their cups under Proposition 65 or face fines of $2,500 per incident. All this came after coffee retailers were unable to prove that coffee contains only a negligible amount of the carcinogen acrylamide.

The state has, however, finally come to its senses. Eight years after this all began, California’s Office of Administrative Law has issued an official Prop 65 exemption for coffee. Hallelujah.

More than 90 coffee retailers from McDonald’s to mom-and-pop chains are still facing a lawsuit alleging that they sold coffee knowing it contained a carcinogen, but with this news, the lawsuit’s days are likely numbered.

Post Reply