Page 20 of 20

Re: All Things California

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:31 am
by SDHornet

Re: All Things California

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:42 pm
by BDKJMU
SDHornet wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:31 am
Funny thing is was probably a liberal since driving a Prius. But wtf were the cops arresting the guy for? :suspicious: The guy clearly was a victim of multiple counts of assault by a violent ANTIFA/BLM mob that was illegally blocking a street/highway, chased him down in 2 vehicles and a motorcycle, ran into his Prius, smashed up his Prius, and assaulted him while he was in the vehicle.

If you end up in that situation, you’re either facing:
-Damage to your vehicle.
-Serious bodily injury at a minimum.

If you’re vehicle is surrounded/cut off by an ANTIFA/BLM mob, better to floor it and say you feared for your life. Better to be judged by 12 than carried (or operated on) by 6.

Re: All Things California

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:20 am
by CAA Flagship
Even when chased, a Prius can't drive fast. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

Re: All Things California

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:44 pm
by Col Hogan
89,000 homes in California will lose power for at least one day due to high winds...

https://www.kcra.com/amp/article/psps-p ... 7/34181740

Re: All Things California

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:26 am
by CAA Flagship
Col Hogan wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:44 pm
89,000 homes in California will lose power for at least one day due to high winds...

https://www.kcra.com/amp/article/psps-p ... 7/34181740
I thought these people have those newfangled power generating windmills.

Re: All Things California

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:13 am
by GannonFan
CAA Flagship wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:26 am
Col Hogan wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:44 pm
89,000 homes in California will lose power for at least one day due to high winds...

https://www.kcra.com/amp/article/psps-p ... 7/34181740
I thought these people have those newfangled power generating windmills.
Maybe the wind is too fast for the windmills? :coffee:

Re: All Things California

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:00 pm
by Winterborn
GannonFan wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:13 am
CAA Flagship wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:26 am


I thought these people have those newfangled power generating windmills.
Maybe the wind is too fast for the windmills? :coffee:
It is California. Lots of hot air. :)

Depends on the turbine, but I think it varies from 40-50 mph for shutoff.

Re: All Things California

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:06 pm
by GannonFan
Winterborn wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:00 pm
GannonFan wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:13 am


Maybe the wind is too fast for the windmills? :coffee:
It is California. Lots of hot air. :)

Depends on the turbine, but I think it varies from 40-50 mph for shutoff.
yes, I was both joking that you could have too much wind, while also knowing there was a limit somewhere - didn't realize it was 40-50 mph. Seems kinda low, though, especially considering you normally want these in areas where wind is pretty frequent and strong. If a gust gets over that threshold (rather than sustained wind) does that shut them down too?

Re: All Things California

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:14 pm
by Winterborn
GannonFan wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:06 pm
Winterborn wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:00 pm


It is California. Lots of hot air. :)

Depends on the turbine, but I think it varies from 40-50 mph for shutoff.
yes, I was both joking that you could have too much wind, while also knowing there was a limit somewhere - didn't realize it was 40-50 mph. Seems kinda low, though, especially considering you normally want these in areas where wind is pretty frequent and strong. If a gust gets over that threshold (rather than sustained wind) does that shut them down too?
Wind turbines spend most of their time off, rather than on. There is also a lower threshold usually around 25 mph as well but that depends on the size of the blades and again the turbine design (I think some of the newer ones are around 15mph for a bottom threshold). The sweet spot for generating power is actually quite narrow. Also remember reading a research paper that presented the data that large wind farms lower the overall wind speed, thereby decreasing the efficiency.

Just one gust will not but if there are several it is my understand that they do shutdown to prevent damage to the gearbox. It has been awhile since I looked at them. I think there was somebody that posted here that worked in the power generation industry that talked about it once.

Re: All Things California

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:47 pm
by HI54UNI

Re: All Things California

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:03 pm
by BDKJMU
Of the 660+ public corporations with California headquarters:
-By the end of 2021, must have at least 1 board director that’s Black, Latino, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American, Native Hawaiian or Alaska Native, gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender.

-By the end of 2022 must have 2 of the above on boards with 4 to 8 directors. Must have 3 of the above for boards with 9 or more directors.

Fines of $100k for 1st violations and $300k for subsequent violations.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-le ... ersity-law

Re: All Things California

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:35 pm
by AZGrizFan
BDKJMU wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:03 pm
Of the 660+ public corporations with California headquarters:
-By the end of 2021, must have at least 1 board director that’s Black, Latino, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American, Native Hawaiian or Alaska Native, gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender.

-By the end of 2022 must have 2 of the above on boards with 4 to 8 directors. Must have 3 of the above for boards with 9 or more directors.

Fines of $100k for 1st violations and $300k for subsequent violations.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-le ... ersity-law
They’d best repave and restripe the outbound lanes of the interstates. Gonna be a mass exodus in the next couple years.

Re: All Things California

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:58 am
by houndawg
AZGrizFan wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:35 pm
BDKJMU wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:03 pm
Of the 660+ public corporations with California headquarters:
-By the end of 2021, must have at least 1 board director that’s Black, Latino, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American, Native Hawaiian or Alaska Native, gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender.

-By the end of 2022 must have 2 of the above on boards with 4 to 8 directors. Must have 3 of the above for boards with 9 or more directors.

Fines of $100k for 1st violations and $300k for subsequent violations.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-le ... ersity-law
They’d best repave and restripe the outbound lanes of the interstates. Gonna be a mass exodus in the next couple years.
:shock:

They drove me out decades ago and now they're goingto go back where they came from? :cry:

Re: All Things California

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:20 am
by mainejeff
AZGrizFan wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:35 pm
BDKJMU wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:03 pm
Of the 660+ public corporations with California headquarters:
-By the end of 2021, must have at least 1 board director that’s Black, Latino, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American, Native Hawaiian or Alaska Native, gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender.

-By the end of 2022 must have 2 of the above on boards with 4 to 8 directors. Must have 3 of the above for boards with 9 or more directors.

Fines of $100k for 1st violations and $300k for subsequent violations.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-le ... ersity-law
They’d best repave and restripe the outbound lanes of the interstates. Gonna be a mass exodus in the next couple years.
Hopefully....I'm looking to retire there and would like real estate prices to drop first. :) :thumb:

Re: All Things California

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:08 am
by BDKJMU
AZGrizFan wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:35 pm
BDKJMU wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:03 pm
Of the 660+ public corporations with California headquarters:
-By the end of 2021, must have at least 1 board director that’s Black, Latino, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American, Native Hawaiian or Alaska Native, gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender.

-By the end of 2022 must have 2 of the above on boards with 4 to 8 directors. Must have 3 of the above for boards with 9 or more directors.

Fines of $100k for 1st violations and $300k for subsequent violations.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-le ... ersity-law
They’d best repave and restripe the outbound lanes of the interstates. Gonna be a mass exodus in the next couple years.
Board meetings all across CA over the next 2 years: Who's volunteering to say they're queer? Bisexual will do..

Re: All Things California

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:35 am
by UNI88
mainejeff wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:20 am
AZGrizFan wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:35 pm

They’d best repave and restripe the outbound lanes of the interstates. Gonna be a mass exodus in the next couple years.
Hopefully....I'm looking to retire there and would like real estate prices to drop first. :) :thumb:
Income and property taxes might be just as important. Someone will need to pay for unfunded liabilities.