Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Stupid Things Ocasio-Cortez Says: Megathread

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
See, that's an example of the effect of the fake news coming from the right. None of that is true. The Green New deal resolution does not call for banning electric cars, regulating cow farts, trains across the ocean, or banning kids. There's a Factcheck.org assessment at https://www.factcheck.org/2019/02/the-f ... -new-deal/.

So on and so forth. Look, I read the Green New Deal Resolution and think it has a lot of unrealistic stuff in it. But we have, once again, the right lying about the situation. The lying by the right is out of control right now. And if you are on the right you should be objecting to it.
The original document that was initially posted by OCD’s office, and taken down (think within 24 hours after all the ridicule) did call for getting rid of NON electric cars (internal combustion engine), getting rid of air travel, trains across the oceans, regulating cow emissions and paying people unwilling to work. You obviously weren’t paying attention.
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/ ... 0#p1231067
I actually believe her folks when they refer to the FAQ as a “draft” which was posted erroneously before it was cleared

Her staffers are fvcking up daily and are a running joke on the Hill

The draft does provide a window into the thought processes going on in that office though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
Ban airtravel, ban non electric cars, regulate cow farts, have trains across the ocean, and now um basically like you know ban kids, or um like we’re all going to die.
See, that's an example of the effect of the fake news coming from the right. None of that is true. The Green New deal resolution does not call for banning electric cars, regulating cow farts, trains across the ocean, or banning kids. There's a Factcheck.org assessment at https://www.factcheck.org/2019/02/the-f ... -new-deal/.
Although the resolution doesn’t say anything about cows, the animal is frequently mentioned by critics of the Green New Deal. The president referenced cows twice — once in his tweet, and again in El Paso.
Some people, including the president, have said that the Green New Deal gets rid of cars or air travel. And as we’ve detailed elsewhere, some popular memes online have even suggested that the plan advocates building “trains over the oceans.”

The resolution does not call for that. It only states that transportation emissions should be reduced “as much as is technically feasible,” and suggests three ways of reaching that goal, including high-speed rail and zero-emission vehicles, which would include electric cars. There is no mention of air travel.
So on and so forth. Look, I read the Green New Deal Resolution and think it has a lot of unrealistic stuff in it. But we have, once again, the right lying about the situation. The lying by the right is out of control right now. And if you are on the right you should be objecting to it.
WRONG. The ORIGINAL draft document posted on OCD's website on the morning of 2/7, and soon taken down after it received a ton of ridicule, DID contain those things. Some of the nuttiest of the nut ball ideas were removed in the draft resolution submitted in Congress.

In the ORIGINAL draft document, which wasn't "leaked" because OCD's office put it out:
Overview

We will begin work immediately on Green New Deal bills to put the nuts and bolts on the plan described in this resolution (important to say so someone else can’t claim this mantle).

This is a massive transformation of our society with clear goals and a timeline.

The Green New Deal resolution a 10-year plan to mobilize every aspect of American society at a scale not seen since World War 2 to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions and create economic prosperity for all. It will:

§ Move America to 100% clean and renewable energy

§ Create millions of family supporting-wage, union jobs

§ Ensure a just transition for all communities and workers to ensure economic security for people and communities that have historically relied on fossil fuel industries

§ Ensure justice and equity for frontline communities by prioritizing investment, training, climate and community resiliency, economic and environmental benefits in these communities. § Build on FDR’s second bill of rights by guaranteeing:

· A job with a family-sustaining wage, family and medical leave, vacations, and retirement security

· High-quality education, including higher education and trade schools

· Clean air and water and access to nature

· Healthy food

· High-quality health care

· Safe, affordable, adequate housing

· Economic environment free of monopolies

· Economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to work.
There's more- you can read it all in the below link.
FAQ

Why 100% clean and renewable and not just 100% renewable? Are you saying we won’t transition off fossil fuels?

Yes, we are calling for a full transition off fossil fuels and zero greenhouse gases. Anyone who has read the resolution sees that we spell this out through a plan that calls for eliminating greenhouse gas emissions from every sector of the economy. Simply banning fossil fuels immediately won’t build the new economy to replace it – this is the plan to build that new economy and spells out how to do it technically. We do this through a huge mobilization to create the renewable energy economy as fast as possible. We set a goal to get to net-zero, rather than zero emissions, in 10 years because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast, but we think we can ramp up renewable manufacturing and power production, retrofit every building in America, build the smart grid, overhaul transportation and agriculture, plant lots of trees and restore our ecosystem to get to net-zero.

Is nuclear a part of this?

A Green New Deal is a massive investment in renewable energy production and would not include creating new nuclear plants. It’s unclear if we will be able to decommission every nuclear plant within 10 years, but the plan is to transition off of nuclear and all fossil fuels as soon as possible. No one has put the full 10-year plan together yet, and if it is possible to get to fully 100% renewable in 10 years, we will do that.
There's more- you can read it all in the below link.
Resolution Summary

Created in consultation with multiple groups from environmental community, environmental justice community, and labor community. 5 goals in 10 years:

o Net-zero greenhouse gas emissions through a fair and just transition for all communities and workers o Create millions of high-wage jobs and ensure prosperity and economic security for all

o Invest in infrastructure and industry to sustainably meet the challenges of the 21st century o Clean air and water, climate and community resiliency, healthy food, access to nature, and a sustainable environment for all

o Promote justice and equity by stopping current, preventing future, and repairing historic oppression of frontline and vulnerable communities

National mobilization our economy through 14 infrastructure and industrial projects. Every project strives to remove greenhouse gas emissions and pollution from every sector of our economy:

o Build infrastructure to create resiliency against climate change-related disasters

o Repair and upgrade U.S. infrastructure. ASCE estimates this is $4.6 trillion at minimum.

o Meet 100% of power demand through clean and renewable energy sources

o Build energy-efficient, distributed smart grids and ensure affordable access to electricity

o Upgrade or replace every building in US for state-of-the-art energy efficiency

o Massively expand clean manufacturing (like solar panel factories, wind turbine factories, battery and storage manufacturing, energy efficient manufacturing components) and remove pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from manufacturing

o Work with farmers and ranchers to create a sustainable, pollution and greenhouse gas free, food system that ensures universal access to healthy food and expands independent family farming

o Totally overhaul transportation by massively expanding electric vehicle manufacturing, build charging stations everywhere, build out highspeed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary, create affordable public transit available to all, with goal to replace every combustion-engine vehicle

o Mitigate long-term health effects of climate change and pollution

o Remove greenhouse gases from our atmosphere and pollution through afforestation, preservation, and other methods of restoring our natural ecosystems

o Restore all our damaged and threatened ecosystems

o Clean up all the existing hazardous waste sites and abandoned sites

o Identify new emission sources and create solutions to eliminate those emissions

o Make the US the leader in addressing climate change and share our technology, expertise and products with the rest of the world to bring about a global Green New Deal

Social and economic justice and security through 15 requirements:

o Massive federal investments and assistance to organizations and businesses participating in the green new deal and ensuring the public gets a return on that investment

o Ensure the environmental and social costs of emissions are taken into account

o Provide job training and education to all

o Invest in R&D of new clean and renewable energy technologies

o Doing direct investments in frontline and deindustrialized communities that would otherwise be hurt by the transition to prioritize economic benefits there

o Use democratic and participatory processes led by frontline and vulnerable communities to implement GND projects locally

o Ensure that all GND jobs are union jobs that pay prevailing wages and hire local

o Guarantee a job with family-sustaining wages

o Protect right of all workers to unionize and organize

o Strengthen and enforce labor, workplace health and safety, antidiscrimination, and wage and hour standards

o Enact and enforce trade rules to stop the transfer of jobs and pollution overseas and grow domestic manufacturing

o Ensure public lands, waters, and oceans are protected and eminent domain is not abused

o Obtain free, prior, and informed consent of Indigenous peoples

o Ensure an economic environment free of monopolies and unfair competition

o Provide high-quality health care, housing, economic security, and clean air, clean water, healthy food, and nature to all

END
https://www.heartland.org/publications- ... ard-markey
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:She’s already admitted they posted a draft document that did, in fact, have those things in there.
Could you provide a link? I don't think you're talking about a draft document but we'll see. I think you may be talking about them posting a "Frequently Asked Questions" page that had some jocularity in it and was spun by the right into a claim that the resolution did those things. Like for instance the Frequently Asked Questions page had the statement "...because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast.”

Bottom line is that the right is claiming that the Green New Deal resolution contains things it does not contain. The right is lying.

And, yes, I am a person on the right by historical standards. That's why what I'm seeing from the right at this time is so distressing. There is nothing worse than seeing your own side slide into dishonesty, immorality, and hypocrisy.
So you support the Green New Deal. Once again, your claim of personal libertarianism/conservatism is exposed as a fraud. Read Joe Setyon’s analysis of the exorbitant costs of the GND in today’s online version of Reason. And it’s linked to the actual resolution, not just an Internet synopsis. Read clause (2) of the resolution itself. A true conservative will recoil in horror. You, OTOH, embrace it.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Stupid Things Ocasio-Cortez Says: Megathread

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

mainejeff wrote:As I said......triggered.

:nod:

:coffee:
The lefts idea of triggered and mine are vastly different.

My "triggered" makes things very one sided.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

You're right, JSO is triggered by any positive comment about the Trumpster Fire.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

You say lots of stupid things. Just like AOC. But at least she's personable.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

89Hen wrote:

You say lots of stupid things. Just like AOC. But at least she's got nice tits.
FIFY
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

HI54UNI wrote:
89Hen wrote: You say lots of stupid things. Just like AOC. But at least she's got nice tits.
FIFY
How do you know that Jeff doesn't?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Could you provide a link? I don't think you're talking about a draft document but we'll see. I think you may be talking about them posting a "Frequently Asked Questions" page that had some jocularity in it and was spun by the right into a claim that the resolution did those things. Like for instance the Frequently Asked Questions page had the statement "...because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast.”

Bottom line is that the right is claiming that the Green New Deal resolution contains things it does not contain. The right is lying.

And, yes, I am a person on the right by historical standards. That's why what I'm seeing from the right at this time is so distressing. There is nothing worse than seeing your own side slide into dishonesty, immorality, and hypocrisy.
"Jocularity"? Seriously? So you don't think they mean what they say? You are just being contrarian for contrarian's sake now John. There's no DOUBT they mean it.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

"Jocularity"? Seriously? So you don't think they mean what they say? You are just being contrarian for contrarian's sake now John. There's no DOUBT they mean it.
How'd I miss that? We may not know but I would guess the fake parts of the NGD like banning air travel and a trans-ocean rail were more than "jocularity."

Speaking of jocularity JSO, who do you think you are? Father Mulcahy??
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
How'd I miss that? We may not know but I would guess the fake parts of the NGD like banning air travel and a trans-ocean rail were more than "jocularity."

Don’t confuse him with references to popular culture.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:
Ibanez wrote: How'd I miss that? We may not know but I would guess the fake parts of the NGD like banning air travel and a trans-ocean rail were more than "jocularity."

Don’t confuse him with references to popular culture.
Hahaha whenever my brothers and I joke on our mom she’ll quote Padre.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:
In the ORIGINAL draft document, which wasn't "leaked" because OCD's office put it out:

https://www.heartland.org/publications- ... ard-markey
That link you provided does not identify any of the text you quoted as a draft or part of a draft of the resolution. It identifies it as a fact sheet and FAQ document.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: "Jocularity"? Seriously? So you don't think they mean what they say? You are just being contrarian for contrarian's sake now John. There's no DOUBT they mean it.
They do not think we are going to get rid of cows and airplanes. I mean c'mon. When they say they don't know if they can get rid of farting cows that fast that is jocularity.

And, again, the resolution does not call for getting rid of cows and airplanes. What was posted as a draft of the resolution is not a draft of the resolution either.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote: So you support the Green New Deal. .
I think I posted earlier that I disagree with a number of things in it. I think it's unrealistic. All I'm saying is that some conservatives are mischaracterizing it. Especially Republican politicians.

If you're going to criticize something, criticize it on an honest basis. Don't say that it's something it's not. Don't say, for instance, that it's a resolution to eliminate air travel when it's not.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: So you support the Green New Deal. .
I think I posted earlier that I disagree with a number of things in it. I think it's unrealistic. All I'm saying is that some conservatives are mischaracterizing it. Especially Republican politicians.

If you're going to criticize something, criticize it on an honest basis. Don't say that it's something it's not. Don't say, for instance, that it's a resolution to eliminate air travel when it's not.
How about that it’ll cost $78 Trillion to implement? Is that enough for you
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Below is another example of how effective Ocasio-Cortez can be. She used her time very well. Very concise. Asked questions that identified additional targets for interview, etc. Very effective. Anybody who thinks she is stupid and tries to oppose her on that basis is making a mistake. She can be very systematic and efficient.

phpBB [video]
Could I ever be a star?

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote:Below is another example of how effective Ocasio-Cortez can be. She used her time very well. Very concise. Asked questions that identified additional targets for interview, etc. Very effective. Anybody who thinks she is stupid and tries to oppose her on that basis is making a mistake. She can be very systematic and efficient.
One clip vs dozens.... try again liberal.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

How about that it’ll cost $78 Trillion to implement? Is that enough for you
Sure. Making an argument about cost is very reasonable as long as it's reasonably honest.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

89Hen wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Below is another example of how effective Ocasio-Cortez can be. She used her time very well. Very concise. Asked questions that identified additional targets for interview, etc. Very effective. Anybody who thinks she is stupid and tries to oppose her on that basis is making a mistake. She can be very systematic and efficient.
One clip vs dozens.... try again liberal.

It's not like that at all. I posted another clip showing an example of her effectiveness earlier and I think we will probably continue to see it. When she gets in that setting where she's on a Congressional committee interviewing witnesses she does very well.

Here's the other video again:

phpBB [video]

She's effective. One under estimates her at their peril.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

And today she was scared by the garbage disposal in her apartment. Didn't know what it was, and wondered if it was "environmentally safe".

Full on retard, that one.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Meh. I have zero experience with garbage disposals too

I like how she puts herself out there on Twitter with every little minute detail of her life and then whines about negative attention though

kind of reminds me of somebody

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:Meh. I have zero experience with garbage disposals too

I like how she puts herself out there on Twitter with every little minute detail of her life and then whines about negative attention though

kind of reminds me of somebody
Bingo..!!!

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:And today she was scared by the garbage disposal in her apartment. Didn't know what it was, and wondered if it was "environmentally safe".

This could be bigger than Obama's Tan Suit! :o
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:And today she was scared by the garbage disposal in her apartment. Didn't know what it was, and wondered if it was "environmentally safe".

This could be bigger than Obama's Tan Suit! :o
She couldn't help it.........

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe