Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

2018 Election Predictions

Post by Pwns »

Post 'em here.

GOP holds the Senate, Nancy becomes speaker again which ultimately proves to be a gift to Trump.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: 2018 Election Predictions

Post by mainejeff »

Only time will erode Trump support. When the boogeyman never comes.....Trump will become the boy that cried wolf.
Go Black Bears!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GOP gains seats in Senate, loses some (but maintains control) in the House.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote:GOP gains seats in Senate, loses some (but maintains control) in the House.
I like the way you think.

And drink.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I think the GOP gains seats in the Senate, and the Dems win very narrow control of the House. Dems should really consider doing everything possible to not let Pelosi ascend to the Speaker of the House, as that could undermine their efforts to win the White House in 2020. Dems could win the battle but lose the war in that case - a larger GOP majority in the Senate and 4 more years of Trump.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:I think the GOP gains seats in the Senate, and the Dems win very narrow control of the House. Dems should really consider doing everything possible to not let Pelosi ascend to the Speaker of the House, as that could undermine their efforts to win the White House in 2020. Dems could win the battle but lose the war in that case - a larger GOP majority in the Senate and 4 more years of Trump.
You can be assured that the Dems will vote for Pelosi to be the SOTH. Like the Republicans, they can't help shooting themselves in the foot.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Pwns wrote:Post 'em here.

GOP holds the Senate, Nancy becomes speaker again which ultimately proves to be a gift to Trump.
Been saying it for months. :nod:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

GOP most certainly gains in Senate. Dems get the house, Ms. Nancy gets Speaker, but some of the new Dems ran as conservative forcing them to cross the aisle periodically, creating chaos there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

AZGrizFan wrote:GOP gains seats in Senate, loses some (but maintains control) in the House.
Agreed. GOP +4 in the Senate and retains control of the house by a really narrow margin of 2 or 3.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

GannonFan wrote:I think the GOP gains seats in the Senate, and the Dems win very narrow control of the House. Dems should really consider doing everything possible to not let Pelosi ascend to the Speaker of the House, as that could undermine their efforts to win the White House in 2020. Dems could win the battle but lose the war in that case - a larger GOP majority in the Senate and 4 more years of Trump.
Yup. I saw a recent poll where something like 30% of Democrats have a favorable opinion of Pelosi. If you make her speaker you're basically handing Trump a punching bag and a relief valve to take some of the pressure. :lol:

But Democrats are the party of dumb politics so she'll be speaker if they win the house.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

When gridlock is the best one can hope for it is time for some change. Unfortunately it will just be more of the same.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

House - D +40
Senate - R +1
Governor's - D +7
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Mainejeff will complain about CS.com being a conk cesspool.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Senate - R +1
Thank you, Dianne Feinstein, for helping the Republicans buck a first-term mid-term sweep by the opposition!

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Pwns wrote:Post 'em here.

Agree

And you bring an interesting point - I think that if the Dems take back the House it will improve Trump's chances of winning a second term (assuming he runs). We'll have a circus for the next two years (after an insurgency within the Dem Party to deny Pelosi the speakership)- with Pelosi and the old guard trying to keep a cap on impeachment, defunding ICE, etc - while the young Turks like Occasional-Cortex whip up the fringe. Two years will be all it takes for them to swing independent voters towards the GOP

The irony is that the easiest path back to the WH for the Dems will be to appear as the adults in the room, but they will wind up doing the opposite. And the sad part is that Trump is a statist big spender and there would likely be a lot of common ground between him and the Dems... particularly on infrastructure - but you can't do business with Hitler regardless of what you might achieve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Everything is too close to call except for saying that the Democrats will get more total votes in the Senate races. I was expecting to say that the Democrats would win more votes in the House races but the crappy Rasmussen poll is an outlier that increases variation and prevents me from saying that. I'm not going to discount it as an outlier because I decided ahead of time not to say that.

There is not sufficient confidence to either say that the Democrats will take the majority in the House or that the Republicans will will maintain control of the Senate.

However, I will say that the greatest hope for our Country is that the Democrats will take the House so that we can have some check on and investigation of the sleaze ball that occupies the Oval Office right now.

There is a substantial risk that we'll wake up Wednesday to a situation in which the Democrat won more votes in the last Presidential election, the Democrats won more votes in the last House election, and the Democrats won more votes in the last TWO Senate elections yet the Republicans control the Presidency, the House, and the Senate.

Minority rule.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

93henfan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote: Senate - R +1
Thank you, Dianne Feinstein, for helping the Republicans buck a first-term mid-term sweep by the opposition!

Eh. Democrats will win most of the races on the board. 2018 just isn't favorable for them. 2020 will be. :thumb:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

JohnStOnge wrote:Everything is too close to call except for saying that the Democrats will get more total votes in the Senate races. I was expecting to say that the Democrats would win more votes in the House races but the crappy Rasmussen poll is an outlier that increases variation and prevents me from saying that. I'm not going to discount it as an outlier because I decided ahead of time not to say that.

There is not sufficient confidence to either say that the Democrats will take the majority in the House or that the Republicans will will maintain control of the Senate.

However, I will say that the greatest hope for our Country is that the Democrats will take the House so that we can have some check on and investigation of the sleaze ball that occupies the Oval Office right now.

There is a substantial risk that we'll wake up Wednesday to a situation in which the Democrat won more votes in the last Presidential election, the Democrats won more votes in the last House election, and the Democrats won more votes in the last TWO Senate elections yet the Republicans control the Presidency, the House, and the Senate.

Minority rule.
Save your bloviating, buddy, have some balls, and make a call instead of establishing backtracking points like you always do.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

93henfan wrote:[
Save your bloviating, buddy, have some balls, and make a call instead of establishing backtracking points like you always do.
No. I stick to the rules. And we are in a situation where there is not sufficient evidence to make any call except that the Democrats will get more votes total in the Senate races.

Actually you ought to appreciate that since said on election Eve of 2016 that the idea of Clinton winning was not a done deal at all.

If there's not sufficient evidence to make a call, you don't make a call.

Believe me, I'm HOPING the Democrats will win at least one House of Congress as that would be best for this country. And I think there is reason for hope. But there is not sufficient evidence to say that they will. I'd love to be able to say otherwise.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

There will be 2 big surprises tomorrow.
Go Black Bears!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Credit to Skjelly for actually having some balls.

I'll go:

Senate +2R
House +33D
Governors +6D
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

JohnStOnge wrote: If there's not sufficient evidence to make a call, you don't make a call.
Such a pussy.

phpBB [video]
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote:Everything is too close to call except for saying that the Democrats will get more total votes in the Senate races. I was expecting to say that the Democrats would win more votes in the House races but the crappy Rasmussen poll is an outlier that increases variation and prevents me from saying that. I'm not going to discount it as an outlier because I decided ahead of time not to say that.

Minority rule.
Someone needs to explain to you what district voting means.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Baldy wrote:

Minority rule.
Someone needs to explain to you what district voting means.
Since he went full Clinton, he has to parrot her talking points.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Minority rule.
I now know John’s real identity...he’s Ezra Klein from Vox

https://mobile.twitter.com/ezraklein/st ... cepalms%2F
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.