Political discussions
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Post by 89Hen »

Liberal friend posted on FB that Trump's folks didn't want to tell him about RBG at the Minny rally because they feared the audience would cheer her death. He was upset at this notion that people would cheer her death because of the country Trump has created. I don't disagree that they may have cheered and it would be a bad look. But:

1. How bad would it be if they did cheer? They might be cheering because of the vacancy, not her death per se.

2. Is it really any worse than the people booing and chanting at Trump today while visiting RBG's casket to pay respects?

3. Do you really think Dems wouldn't cheer the death of a conservative justice if a Dem were in office?

:coffee:
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

89Hen wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:43 am Liberal friend posted on FB that Trump's folks didn't want to tell him about RBG at the Minny rally because they feared the audience would cheer her death. He was upset at this notion that people would cheer her death because of the country Trump has created. I don't disagree that they may have cheered and it would be a bad look. But:

1. How bad would it be if they did cheer? They might be cheering because of the vacancy, not her death per se.

2. Is it really any worse than the people booing and chanting at Trump today while visiting RBG's casket to pay respects?

3. Do you really think Dems wouldn't cheer the death of a conservative justice if a Dem were in office?

What was the reaction when Scalia died?

And as for #2, Trump openly opining that he wants to expedite his choice partially because it may help him in an impending election Supreme Court battle - one where he said yesterday he'd refuse to leave office .... Yeah people are pissed. You should be pissed that he said that too.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:43 am Liberal friend posted on FB that Trump's folks didn't want to tell him about RBG at the Minny rally because they feared the audience would cheer her death. He was upset at this notion that people would cheer her death because of the country Trump has created. I don't disagree that they may have cheered and it would be a bad look. But:

I'm pretty sure I remember the left being quite happy when Scalia died, so we already know what Dems would do when a conservative justice died with a Dem in the White House. Heck, posters on here were absolutely giddy over his passing. Less so after the GOP Senate said they were going to wait until the election, and even less giddy when the GOP won the White House and held the Senate after that election, but they were more than happy that Scalia was dead.

Both sides can be absolutely petty and compassionless when pursuing their political goals - it's the mark of true zealotry.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/swift-soci ... ias-death/
While much of the social media chatter on Scalia's death was positive, many on the left took the opportunity to express dislike for Justice Scalia and his positions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

89Hen wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:34 am https://www.cbsnews.com/news/swift-soci ... ias-death/
While much of the social media chatter on Scalia's death was positive, many on the left took the opportunity to express dislike for Justice Scalia and his positions.
They booed Trump and Melania at RBGs funeral today.

Dems like school on Sunday, no class.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

So why didn't RBG retire during the Obama presidency? Was it ego that she could keep doing the work even at advanced age and health issues? Did she not like Obama and didn't want him appointing her replacement? Discuss.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:30 pm So why didn't RBG retire during the Obama presidency? Was it ego that she could keep doing the work even at advanced age and health issues? Did she not like Obama and didn't want him appointing her replacement? Discuss.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:30 pm So why didn't RBG retire during the Obama presidency? Was it ego that she could keep doing the work even at advanced age and health issues? Did she not like Obama and didn't want him appointing her replacement? Discuss.
If I remember correctly, it was a feminist thing...HilDog was running, and the thought was she’s win...

RBG wanted a woman to nominate her replacement...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Col Hogan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:55 am
If I remember correctly, it was a feminist thing...HilDog was running, and the thought was she’s win...

RBG wanted a woman to nominate her replacement...
If that's the case then fuck her 'last request' to have the next POTUS nominate her replacement.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »