RBG has Cancer...Again

Political discussions
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8278
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby SeattleGriz » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:17 am

93henfan wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
Just as a reminder...the only reason he can get away with his plan is because his predecessor Boxing Harry Reid killed the filibuster for Judges...which gave Cocaine Mitch the opening to kill the filibuster for SCOTUS...


At some point, a politician has to have some morals to start righting the ship and pluck us out of the swirling toilet bowl we're in.

Apparently McConnell and this GOP are not the ones to break the cycle.
Why aren't the Dems expected to break the cycle?
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52747
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: RE: Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby 93henfan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:19 am

SeattleGriz wrote:
93henfan wrote:
At some point, a politician has to have some morals to start righting the ship and pluck us out of the swirling toilet bowl we're in.

Apparently McConnell and this GOP are not the ones to break the cycle.
Why aren't the Dems expected to break the cycle?


So it's a you-first, then-me deal? :rofl:

I'm just saying that at some point, somebody has to step up to the plate and be the better person.

I was thinking the Party of Lincoln™ might be the one to break the cycle, but apparently not.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8278
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby SeattleGriz » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:21 am

93henfan wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Why aren't the Dems expected to break the cycle?


So it's a you-first, then-me deal? :rofl:

I'm just saying that at some point, somebody has to step up to the plate and be the better person.

I was thinking the Party of Lincoln might be the one, but apparently not.


No, I've only been following politics since 9/11, but know a you-first, then-me deal will only make it as far as you-first.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5535
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby UNI88 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:32 am

I don't agree with RBGs politics but I like and respect her. The Court needs differing opinions and IMO she has integrity and is good for the Court.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 22769
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby Ivytalk » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:50 am

UNI88 wrote:I don't agree with RBGs politics but I like and respect her. The Court needs differing opinions and IMO she has integrity and is good for the Court.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

She and Scalia were very good friends. She looks like a little Jewish grandmother — which she is.
Anything I post passes any rational test. — John StOnge 7/12/19

User avatar
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10158
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby HI54UNI » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:39 am

People celebrating the death of David Koch all over the internet yet many of those same people are hoping for RBG to beat her cancer. Isn't it ironic that David Koch has given at least $30 million to the cancer center at the hospital treating her and another couple hundred million to various cancer research institutions?
Image

All my posts are satire.

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17910
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby Chizzang » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:20 pm

HI54UNI wrote:People celebrating the death of David Koch all over the internet yet many of those same people are hoping for RBG to beat her cancer. Isn't it ironic that David Koch has given at least $30 million to the cancer center at the hospital treating her and another couple hundred million to various cancer research institutions?


You're posting this on a thread created entirely on the hopes of RGB dying...
Something something irony something irony

:shock:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2307
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby css75 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Chizzang wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:People celebrating the death of David Koch all over the internet yet many of those same people are hoping for RBG to beat her cancer. Isn't it ironic that David Koch has given at least $30 million to the cancer center at the hospital treating her and another couple hundred million to various cancer research institutions?


You're posting this on a thread created entirely on the hopes of RGB dying...
Something something irony something irony

:shock:



Not true, what she needs to do is retire and concentrate on her health and family. I wish her the best, but she is being pressured to stay now.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baldy
Level4
Level4
Posts: 7624
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby Baldy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:37 pm

Chizzang wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:People celebrating the death of David Koch all over the internet yet many of those same people are hoping for RBG to beat her cancer. Isn't it ironic that David Koch has given at least $30 million to the cancer center at the hospital treating her and another couple hundred million to various cancer research institutions?


You're posting this on a thread created entirely on the hopes of RGB dying...
Something something irony something irony

:shock:

No more ironical than RBG undergoing her cancer treatments at The David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care at Sloan Kettering.

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17910
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby Chizzang » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:25 pm

Baldy wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
You're posting this on a thread created entirely on the hopes of RGB dying...
Something something irony something irony

:shock:

No more ironical than RBG undergoing her cancer treatments at The David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care at Sloan Kettering.


That point was already made - but thank you - and also thank you

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15347
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby BDKJMU » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:57 pm

css75 wrote:
93henfan wrote:
But what about the McConnell rule about election years? :kisswink:

And I'm with you. We're one SCOTUS appointment from maybe making machine guns legal again (WOOT!), but the hypocacy on McConnell's part would be hilarious should RGB kick in say January.



McConnell will go for a replacement.

Difference is Obama was a lame duck Dem President facing a GOP Senate, Trump is not a lame duck GOP President with a GOP Senate. Like Obama said “Elections have consequences.”


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep. McConnell wouldn't apply here.

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12813
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby GannonFan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:09 pm

BDKJMU wrote:
css75 wrote:

McConnell will go for a replacement.

Difference is Obama was a lame duck Dem President facing a GOP Senate, Trump is not a lame duck GOP President with a GOP Senate. Like Obama said “Elections have consequences.”


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep. McConnell wouldn't apply here.


The GOP deserves the beating they would get on this. They should've just been honest the last time with Obama's pick that they would just say no to anyone he would pick because they had the votes and he would run out of time. There's no rule that the Senate has to ever vote yes, and there's no rule they need to actually vote. The GOP had the majority, they had the power to say no, and they did. Instead, they throw out some "in an election year" thing and they open up the argument for potentially later on. This time, if it would happen, they again have the numbers, and this time they have a President of their party in the White House - of course they would fill the spot if it opened.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52747
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby 93henfan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:41 pm

GannonFan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Yep. McConnell wouldn't apply here.


The GOP deserves the beating they would get on this. They should've just been honest the last time with Obama's pick that they would just say no to anyone he would pick because they had the votes and he would run out of time. There's no rule that the Senate has to ever vote yes, and there's no rule they need to actually vote. The GOP had the majority, they had the power to say no, and they did. Instead, they throw out some "in an election year" thing and they open up the argument for potentially later on. This time, if it would happen, they again have the numbers, and this time they have a President of their party in the White House - of course they would fill the spot if it opened.


:nod:
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

Baldy
Level4
Level4
Posts: 7624
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby Baldy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:04 pm

Chizzang wrote:
Baldy wrote:No more ironical than RBG undergoing her cancer treatments at The David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care at Sloan Kettering.


That point was already made - but thank you - and also thank you

:lol:

I very seriously doubt the good Col started this thread in the hopes that RBG would die. Maybe he can clear that up for us. With that said, you didn't get the point, and you still don't.

You're welcome, and thank you for playing. :lol:

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8278
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby SeattleGriz » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:13 pm

Baldy wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
That point was already made - but thank you - and also thank you


I very seriously doubt the good Col started this thread in the hopes that RBG would die. Maybe he can clear that up for us. With that said, you didn't get the point, and you still don't.

You're welcome, and thank you for playing.
You can see Cleets atheist black heart at play here.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17910
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: RE: Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby Chizzang » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:15 pm

SeattleGriz wrote:
Baldy wrote:I very seriously doubt the good Col started this thread in the hopes that RBG would die. Maybe he can clear that up for us. With that said, you didn't get the point, and you still don't.

You're welcome, and thank you for playing.
You can see Cleets atheist black heart at play here.


I'm not an atheist...

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6503
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:42 pm

Re: RE: Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby JoltinJoe » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:27 am

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:You can see Cleets atheist black heart at play here.


I'm not an atheist...

:nod:


Yes. You're a navel gazer. :kisswink:

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5535
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby UNI88 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:09 am

If RBG said that she was going to serve until her last breath, what would you wish for?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17910
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: RE: Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby Chizzang » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:42 am

JoltinJoe wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
I'm not an atheist...

:nod:


Yes. You're a navel gazer. :kisswink:


and you're a cosmic used car salesman

8-)
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10158
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby HI54UNI » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:45 am

UNI88 wrote:If RBG said that she was going to serve until her last breath, what would you wish for?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


That she remain physically and mentally capable of doing the job until she takes that last breath.
Image

All my posts are satire.

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34188
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby CAA Flagship » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:52 am

UNI88 wrote:If RBG said that she was going to serve until her last breath, what would you wish for?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That she reverses her decision.

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5535
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby UNI88 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:03 am

UNI88 wrote:If RBG said that she was going to serve until her last breath, what would you wish for?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Choices:
A) She remains healthy and lives a long time.
2) She dies soon.
III) Pee in the butt

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10158
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: RE: Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby HI54UNI » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:59 am

UNI88 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:If RBG said that she was going to serve until her last breath, what would you wish for?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Choices:
A) She remains healthy and lives a long time.
2) She dies soon.
III) Pee in the butt

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


No changing the rules!
Image

All my posts are satire.

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5535
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby UNI88 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:55 pm

HI54UNI wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Choices:
A) She remains healthy and lives a long time.
2) She dies soon.
III) Pee in the butt


No clarifying the rules!


Why not?

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21127
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: RBG has Cancer...Again

Postby CID1990 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:16 pm

I don’t always agree with her - I prefer a more originalist approach - but she’s a balancing presence on the court. TBH, I like the court’s makeup, particularly with her and Gorsuch. If I had my way the court would stay as-is.

Plus, Trump has made one excellent pick and one good one. I’m afraid that he’ll try to appease the churchers with his next pick, and that will prompt the next Dem administration to try to pack the court.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kalm and 48 guests