How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Political discussions

How long will the shutdown last?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:15 pm

Less than a week (open by Dec 28)
3
10%
1 to <2 weeks (open by Jan 4)
2
7%
2 to <3 weeks (open by Jan 11)
5
17%
3 to <4 weeks (open by Jan 18)
2
7%
4 to <5 weeks (open by Jan 25)
0
No votes
5 to <6 weeks (open by Feb 2)
3
10%
6 or more weeks
14
48%
 
Total votes: 29

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53089
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby 93henfan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:15 pm

Place your bets!
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53089
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby 93henfan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:16 pm

I went with "open by Jan 11".
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17600
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby JohnStOnge » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:00 pm

I took a pick. But maybe it'll be until the Mexicans agree to pay for the wall.

What a flipping idiot we have in the President's position. And what a bunch of spineless disgraces we have in the Republican Congressional and Senatorial groups. Pathetic.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53089
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby 93henfan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:01 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:I took a pick. But maybe it'll be until the Mexicans agree to pay for the wall.

What a flipping idiot we have in the President's position. And what a bunch of spineless disgraces we have in the Republican Congressional and Senatorial groups. Pathetic.


I'm coming around to your side, baby!

I was really hoping the Trumpster could be contained, but I have my doubts here on Dec 21, 2018.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17600
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby JohnStOnge » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:06 pm

93henfan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:I took a pick. But maybe it'll be until the Mexicans agree to pay for the wall.

What a flipping idiot we have in the President's position. And what a bunch of spineless disgraces we have in the Republican Congressional and Senatorial groups. Pathetic.


I'm coming around to your side, baby!


Well, I don't know if that'll happen. But this thing of doing a partial shutdown because Congress won't appropriate funding for that stupid wall thing when he made such a big deal of saying Mexico will pay for the wall is pretty bad. It's a completely needless disruption and to make it worse he's doing it because Rush Limbaugh bitched. So now we've got government by Rush Limbaugh; who lives in an alternate universe that has no connection to reality.
Last edited by JohnStOnge on Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53089
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby 93henfan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:07 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
93henfan wrote:
I'm coming around to your side, baby!


Well, I don't know if that'll happen. But this thing of doing a partial shutdown because Congress won't appropriate funding for that stupid wall thing when he made such a big deal of saying Mexico will pay for the wall is pretty bad. It's a completely needless disruption and to make it worse he's doing it because Rush Limbaugh bitched. So now we've got government by Rush Limbaugh.


You are correct, sir.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18080
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby Chizzang » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:17 pm

93henfan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Well, I don't know if that'll happen. But this thing of doing a partial shutdown because Congress won't appropriate funding for that stupid wall thing when he made such a big deal of saying Mexico will pay for the wall is pretty bad. It's a completely needless disruption and to make it worse he's doing it because Rush Limbaugh bitched. So now we've got government by Rush Limbaugh.


You are correct, sir.

The way things are going
I might have to trade CID in... (heart breaker)
You are just too hot right now

:geek:

I can't quit you

Image
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51264
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby Ibanez » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:27 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
93henfan wrote:
I'm coming around to your side, baby!


Well, I don't know if that'll happen. But this thing of doing a partial shutdown because Congress won't appropriate funding for that stupid wall thing when he made such a big deal of saying Mexico will pay for the wall is pretty bad. It's a completely needless disruption and to make it worse he's doing it because Rush Limbaugh bitched. So now we've got government by Rush Limbaugh; who lives in an alternate universe that has no connection to reality.

Rush? Did I miss something?


I haven’t been reading/watching the news


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53089
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby 93henfan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:29 pm

Ibanez wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Well, I don't know if that'll happen. But this thing of doing a partial shutdown because Congress won't appropriate funding for that stupid wall thing when he made such a big deal of saying Mexico will pay for the wall is pretty bad. It's a completely needless disruption and to make it worse he's doing it because Rush Limbaugh bitched. So now we've got government by Rush Limbaugh; who lives in an alternate universe that has no connection to reality.

Rush? Did I miss something?


I haven’t been reading/watching the news


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


It was big news yesterday afternoon. Trump had signaled he was ready to sign yesterday morning. Sometime after Rush railed against him, he changed his mind.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17600
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby JohnStOnge » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:32 pm

Go to https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/21/politics ... index.html, scroll down, and click on the arrow to play the audio file of Mick Mulvaney ripping Trump on the "wall" thing in 2015.

And another thing: At what point are Republicans going to get enough of Trump bullshitting? I mean this thing where he made a big show recently about how he would own the shutdown. Explicitly said he wouldn't blame the Democrats. Now today he's blaming the Democrats. At what point are most people on the Republican side going to say "enough is enough?"

My wife said it prior to the 2016 election. So did George Will. A few other profiles in courage. Jeff Flake. Nicolle Wallace. Steve Schmidt. Bill Kristol. People like that. How long is it going to take for a critical mass of people on the Republican side to follow suit?
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17600
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby JohnStOnge » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Ibanez wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Well, I don't know if that'll happen. But this thing of doing a partial shutdown because Congress won't appropriate funding for that stupid wall thing when he made such a big deal of saying Mexico will pay for the wall is pretty bad. It's a completely needless disruption and to make it worse he's doing it because Rush Limbaugh bitched. So now we've got government by Rush Limbaugh; who lives in an alternate universe that has no connection to reality.

Rush? Did I miss something?


I haven’t been reading/watching the news


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I was actually listening to it as I was driving back to the office after field work. Limbaugh was talking about how if Trump didn't dig in his heels he'd be violating a promise.

And I was thinking as I was listening that the PROMISE was to have a wall PAID FOR BY MEXICO. That is NOT consistent with having a partial shutdown because the US Congress won't appropriate funds for a wall.

Limbaugh also appeared to be under the false impression that the majority of Americans favor the wall thing. They do not. Also, an overwhelming majority oppose having a partial shutdown over the wall thing.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51264
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby Ibanez » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:00 pm

Ok. Just got caught up.


Wow. What’s dickhead.


And I’m laughing that he knows “tech better than anyone.” I doubt that seriously


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17600
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby JohnStOnge » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:03 pm

Just to refresh your perspective, do a Google Image search on "idiot."
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8450
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby SeattleGriz » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:07 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Rush? Did I miss something?


I haven’t been reading/watching the news


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I was actually listening to it as I was driving back to the office after field work. Limbaugh was talking about how if Trump didn't dig in his heels he'd be violating a promise.

And I was thinking as I was listening that the PROMISE was to have a wall PAID FOR BY MEXICO. That is NOT consistent with having a partial shutdown because the US Congress won't appropriate funds for a wall.

Limbaugh also appeared to be under the false impression that the majority of Americans favor the wall thing. They do not. Also, an overwhelming majority oppose having a partial shutdown over the wall thing.


Mexico has already paid for the wall with the USMCA.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12430
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby Skjellyfetti » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:14 pm

SeattleGriz wrote:
Mexico has already paid for the wall with the USMCA.


Cool. Let Trump know so he stops begging for money for to fund it. :thumb:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23211
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby Ivytalk » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:10 am

93henfan wrote:I went with "open by Jan 11".

I went with less than a week. But I see your point. Back from vacation and grilling by constituents.
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8450
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby SeattleGriz » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:39 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Mexico has already paid for the wall with the USMCA.


Cool. Let Trump know so he stops begging for money for to fund it. :thumb:
You weren't paying attention to USMCA were you?
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34520
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby CAA Flagship » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:56 am

JohnStOnge wrote:Just to refresh your perspective, do a Google Image search on "idiot."

Image

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51264
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby Ibanez » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:58 am

SeattleGriz wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I was actually listening to it as I was driving back to the office after field work. Limbaugh was talking about how if Trump didn't dig in his heels he'd be violating a promise.

And I was thinking as I was listening that the PROMISE was to have a wall PAID FOR BY MEXICO. That is NOT consistent with having a partial shutdown because the US Congress won't appropriate funds for a wall.

Limbaugh also appeared to be under the false impression that the majority of Americans favor the wall thing. They do not. Also, an overwhelming majority oppose having a partial shutdown over the wall thing.


Mexico has already paid for the wall with the USMCA.

What?! You serious, Clark? The border wall will be paid for with appropriated funds. Anything coming in due to USMCA would be like taxes- general revenue. Nothing is earmarked for the wall.


Trump can make all the pesos in Mexico come over but it won’t go into border security until Congress appropriates it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51264
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby Ibanez » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:58 am

SeattleGriz wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Cool. Let Trump know so he stops begging for money for to fund it. :thumb:
You weren't paying attention to USMCA were you?
D- I think you’ve forgotten a few things about the powers of the Presidency, Congress and , budget appropriation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Ibanez on Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10141
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby ∞∞∞ » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:58 am

6+ weeks. Nothing gets solved before January 3rd, Dem House walks in, and Trump goes into full spite mode.

:mrgreen:

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8450
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby SeattleGriz » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:00 am

Ibanez wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Mexico has already paid for the wall with the USMCA.

What?! You serious, Clark? The border wall will be paid for with appropriated funds. Anything coming in due to USMCA would be like taxes- general revenue. Nothing is earmarked for the wall.


Trump can make all the pesos in Mexico come over but it won’t go into border security until Congress appropriates it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm saying we stand to easily recoup the $30 billion with the renegotiated USMCA.

I realize that is not direct funding.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51264
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby Ibanez » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:00 am

In my wildest dreams, it’ll be done by Christmas. With the Senate overriding a veto.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34520
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby CAA Flagship » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:08 am

Ibanez wrote:In my wildest dreams, it’ll be done by Christmas. With the Senate overriding a veto.

In my wildest dreams there is me, several women, and lots of body oil.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23211
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Postby Ivytalk » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:11 am

Any more 25th Amendment chatter lately?
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bobcat and 63 guests