How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Political discussions

How long will the shutdown last?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:15 pm

Less than a week (open by Dec 28)
10%
1 to <2 weeks (open by Jan 4)
7%
2 to <3 weeks (open by Jan 11)
17%
3 to <4 weeks (open by Jan 18)
7%
4 to <5 weeks (open by Jan 25)
No votes
5 to <6 weeks (open by Feb 2)
10%
6 or more weeks
48%

Total votes: 29

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Post by BDKJMU »

Rasmussen (only daily tracking poll after Gallup quit doing it) has had Trump as low as 38% approval and as high as 51% approval during his presidency. Before the shutdown was 49%. During the shutdown dropped to 43%. Now back to 50%.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... rack_feb08
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

After the SOTU, the onus is now on the Dims to get a bill passed, I think he has the momentum now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

There’s some rumbling that the Dem bill coming out of the House is going to have some wall (or fence or barrier) funding in it. Apparently the moderate faction in the House sees giving the White House a portion of the ask on the wall in return for a portion of their own ask as this thing called “compromise” after a thing called “negotiation”

Pelosi has said that a bill with any wall funding will not make it out of committee so that will be very interesting.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote:There’s some rumbling that the Dem bill coming out of the House is going to have some wall (or fence or barrier) funding in it. Apparently the moderate faction in the House sees giving the White House a portion of the ask on the wall in return for a portion of their own ask as this thing called “compromise” after a thing called “negotiation”

Pelosi has said that a bill with any wall funding will not make it out of committee so that will be very interesting.
I heard a rumbling today that Pelosi herself said there would be funding in the bill...I guess we shall see in the next week.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:There’s some rumbling that the Dem bill coming out of the House is going to have some wall (or fence or barrier) funding in it. Apparently the moderate faction in the House sees giving the White House a portion of the ask on the wall in return for a portion of their own ask as this thing called “compromise” after a thing called “negotiation”

I heard a rumbling today that Pelosi herself said there would be funding in the bill...I guess we shall see in the next week.
The Maoist wing of her party won’t be happy with her

But there are a couple things Pelosi has done over the last few weeks that have increased my respect for her - she’s a cagey old bird and I like that... she’ll get every last one of these freshmen morons relegated to the House Committee on Paper Clips and Toilet Paper and then she’ll primary their asses right out of there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
css75
Level3
Level3

How Long Will The Shutdown Last? (Dec 2018)

Post by css75 »

CID1990 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
The Maoist wing of her party won’t be happy with her

But there are a couple things Pelosi has done over the last few weeks that have increased my respect for her - she’s a cagey old bird and I like that... she’ll get every last one of these freshmen morons relegated to the House Committee on Paper Clips and Toilet Paper and then she’ll primary their asses right out of there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She is an old hag, but a very smart old hag. I hope AOC really pisses her off and has to clean toilets for the rest of her term.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk