Political discussions
css75
Level3
Level3

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by css75 »

UNI88 wrote:
css75 wrote:
And you call yourself a conservative, that is a joke, Romney is a Dem in GOP clothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No he isn't. He might not be as hardline conservative as you would like but he is not a Dem in GOP clothing. This "if you're not 100% with me than you're against me" crap is baloney. Romney (and Amash) are no more DOnks than Robert Johnson is a Conk. Dissenting opinions and debating ideas on their merits is a good thing.

Agree with 100% argument, but Romney,is just a bitter person, who is envious of Trump. He could not have won anywhere else, so he carried his carpetbag to Utah, where the Mormons listened like sheep to the LDS leaders in SLC and made him Senator. Republicans will sooner or later regret having him in Senate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Sounds like pretty much everyone is turning on Biden after last nights debate and some of the msm talking heads questioning what the DNC should do now. That's one hell of a Ukrainian boomerang right there. :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SDHornet wrote:Sounds like pretty much everyone is turning on Biden after last nights debate and some of the msm talking heads questioning what the DNC should do now. That's one hell of a Ukrainian boomerang right there. :lol:
It's a long way to the end of February 2020 and the South Carolina primary. Biden needs to find a way to survive until then. I'm not sure he makes it and I wouldn't have said that months ago.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Sounds like pretty much everyone is turning on Biden after last nights debate and some of the msm talking heads questioning what the DNC should do now. That's one hell of a Ukrainian boomerang right there. :lol:
It's a long way to the end of February 2020 and the South Carolina primary. Biden needs to find a way to survive until then. I'm not sure he makes it and I wouldn't have said that months ago.
He’s definitely much more incoherent now than he was during his 8 years as Veep. If he gets elected theres even odds that his VP will become POTUS by succession.

Which might be an interesting thought exercise... should he be the nominee, should he go with a vanilla running mate to draw the moderates and swing voters, or should he go with one of the far lefties to court the moonbat vote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
He’s definitely much more incoherent now than he was during his 8 years as Veep. If he gets elected theres even odds that his VP will become POTUS by succession.

Which might be an interesting thought exercise... should he be the nominee, should he go with a vanilla running mate to draw the moderates and swing voters, or should he go with one of the far lefties to court the moonbat vote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rumor has it that Biden is coming out with a sequel to Promise Me, Dad that will be called Hang It Up, Dad.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

That moment when Joe Biden sounds like the editorial page of National Review.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote:That moment when Joe Biden sounds like the editorial page of National Review.
How much of that would be balanced by a reduction in your healthcare costs?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
Pwns wrote:That moment when Joe Biden sounds like the editorial page of National Review.
Depends how much we ration. What services and drugs are unnecessary and can be eliminated? :coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote:Again: I am a conservative.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

What position does JSO have that isn't conservative?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Skjellyfetti wrote:What position does JSO have that isn't conservative?
I don't know, but he sure can't put policy ahead of personality. I would think most conservatives would be able to do that.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Skjellyfetti wrote:What position does JSO have that isn't conservative?
Voting for them.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Depends how much we ration. What services and drugs are unnecessary and can be eliminated? :coffee:
So if we offer Medicare for all at the same levels of service coverage will their be a net increase costs between increased middle class taxes and healthcare expenses? :coffee:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
So if we offer Medicare for all at the same levels of service coverage will their be a net increase costs between increased middle class taxes and healthcare expenses? :coffee:
*there :ohno:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
:lol: :lol:

That's cute. :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

You do understand healthcare costs include insurance premiums, right?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Eh, don't know. And don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of a single payer health system. I don't see how we don't go that way. I'm also realistic that the discussion for the next century or so then will be how come the people with money go outside the system to get their health care and how come people without money are stuck in a health care system that doesn't offer the same levels of service that the private rich people's one does. You know, like the UK has been arguing about for 70 years. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

It's cute that you are naïve enough to think ANYTHING the government gest involved in is somehow going to become magically cheaper because "government benevolent". I suppose it'll work something like college tuition did with the implementation of government guaranteed student loans.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Eh, don't know. And don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of a single payer health system. I don't see how we don't go that way. I'm also realistic that the discussion for the next century or so then will be how come the people with money go outside the system to get their health care and how come people without money are stuck in a health care system that doesn't offer the same levels of service that the private rich people's one does. You know, like the UK has been arguing about for 70 years. :coffee:
I agree. They'll come up with a better single-payer plan if Congress is covered by the same plan.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
It's cute that you are naïve enough to think ANYTHING the government gest involved in is somehow going to become magically cheaper because "government benevolent". I suppose it'll work something like college tuition did with the implementation of government guaranteed student loans.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Different arguments. You can go without a college degree...insulin...not so much.

You can poke holes in every system. But if my taxes go up $3000 and I save $8000 in premiums...
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
I assume you'll be opting out of Medicare when you're eligible since you'll save so much money through a private plan?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Hillary says that Gabbard is a Russian asset.

Man, she's like grampa Simpson when he was claiming Death was coming to get him.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I assume you'll be opting out of Medicare when you're eligible since you'll save so much money through a private plan?
He'll do what all rich people do - he'll take what the government gives him and then with his own money he'll also buy in to a program that gets him the pills and the procedures faster and with better doctors and hospitals. Again, the UK is a perfect model to see what will happen and I can live with that - but I'm also not poor so I won't be waiting for a bed.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote:Hillary says that Gabbard is a Russian asset.

Man, she's like grampa Simpson when he was claiming Death was coming to get him.
Hey, she said Stein was a Russian asset in 2016 as well. Darn it, I purposely tried not to vote for a Russian asset - they're just everywhere apparently. :ohno:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Different arguments. You can go without a college degree...insulin...not so much.

You can poke holes in every system. But if my taxes go up $3000 and I save $8000 in premiums...
If you REALLY think that's the way the math is going to work out, I've got some oceanfront property in AZ I'd like to sell you. :nod: :nod: :dunce: