Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by BDKJMU »

Below clip 5.5 min clip, Rogan spent the 1st 1:45 ragging on old white guys & FNC, then starts talking about Biden:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

1st half of this 5 min clip with Joey Diaz: Put in Cuomo
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

So, who won in Wisconsin? NOTA?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I don’t know if Rogan says it in the above clip (because I don’t watch/listen to you guys’ video/audio clips...

But he said on his recent podcast that he would vote for Trimp over Biden because Biden is literally descending into senility

There’s so much to unpack there..

1) He does realize that there are other political parties than just the Two Cunt Parties?

2) If Biden is really going daft (I know he is)... will people vote for him anyway? And what does that say about them versus Trimp voters?

3) How many people will actually be voting for Biden’s VP pick, and how does that change his campaign’s calculus? Obviously if he picks the Abrams conspiracy theorist he’s toast. Who does his campaign go with? He’s already said a Ruth Bader Ginsburg would not make the cut for his SCOTUS nomination, so his VP pick is going to be interesting. Does his campaign distract him with an attractive Hospice nurse with big titties and give the nod to a moderate brown female? (Do those even exist?... the GOP has a few, like Nikki... but I don’t think the Dems do)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:03 am I don’t know if Rogan says it in the above clip (because I don’t watch/listen to you guys’ video/audio clips...

But he said on his recent podcast that he would vote for Trimp over Biden because Biden is literally descending into senility

1) He does realize that there are other political parties than just the Two Cunt Parties?

2) If Biden is really going daft (I know he is)... will people vote for him anyway? And what does that say about them versus Trimp voters?

3) How many people will actually be voting for Biden’s VP pick, and how does that change his campaign’s calculus? Obviously if he picks the Abrams conspiracy theorist he’s toast. Who does his campaign go with? He’s already said a Ruth Bader Ginsburg would not make the cut for his SCOTUS nomination, so his VP pick is going to be interesting. Does his campaign distract him with an attractive Hospice nurse with big titties and give the nod to a moderate brown female? (Do those even exist?... the GOP has a few, like Nikki... but I don’t think the Dems do)

I was thinking of the same thing last night and if Biden keeps descending into flow blown senility, most people on that side of the isle will be voting on the VP not Biden. And I think it drastically changes his campaign, as you have to take into account that a) Biden might not make it to election and then his VP would need to pick up the reigns (or face off with Sanders if he is still around and not sure if that could even be done or has been done before) or b) he makes it through the election and is elected but is unfit for service. In either case your VP has to have similar appeal to the same demographics as you were courting in the first place. So rather than picking somebody to complement and broaden your base, you are just trying to shore it up and not loose voters.

That is assuming Biden doesn't torpedo his own campaign with some comment.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:03 am I don’t know if Rogan says it in the above clip (because I don’t watch/listen to you guys’ video/audio clips...

With Biden it's almost all about the VP pick now. Whether he dies in office or goes senile enough that he ends up being removed with the 25th amendment, I can't think of a time when a President's VP pick was as important as this one, and primarily because there is a good chance the VP will ascend to the Presidency. Maybe Reagan's second term was the closest we've been to this, but Reagan's senility didn't really come out in the primary like it is now with Biden (and heck, Reagan was a youthful 73 years old when campaigning for his second term - Biden's 4 years older at the same point). I agree, Abrams would be a drag on the ticket in that regards. Cortez Masto could be a possibility - she doesn't have much of a track record so she's more of a blank slate, which is advantageous in this regard. Klobuchar (Midwest appeal) and Kamala Harris are the other ones I see as likely.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Given that they could end up POTUS, kind of interesting that putting a person who didn't even make it to the Dem primaries would boost your ticket.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:54 am Given that they could end up POTUS, kind of interesting that putting a person who didn't even make it to the Dem primaries would boost your ticket.
That's kind of the danger with Harris or Klobuchar - how do you put them in there when they fared so poorly versus Sanders in the actual primaries? That's like in a beauty contest having the 3rd or 4th place person jump past the runner up if for some reason the winner couldn't take the crown. Wouldn't that really piss off the Bernie Bros and you do still need them to win in the general. That's why going with a left field pick like a Cortez Masto could work - she never even got into the primaries so she doesn't already have the track record of losing to Bernie.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Judging by moderate conservative comments, Tulsi would be a smart pick at this point. Color, female, leadership, strength, military, reasonable. The question being whether you’d lose the progressives.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:13 am The question being whether you’d lose the progressives.
We can hope.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:19 am
kalm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:13 am The question being whether you’d lose the progressives.
We can hope.
So you’d prefer a Trump presidency?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:13 am Judging by moderate conservative comments, Tulsi would be a smart pick at this point. Color, female, leadership, strength, military, reasonable. The question being whether you’d lose the progressives.
If it wasn't for this website I don't think I'd know a thing about Tulsi Gabbard. This has to be one of her biggest bastions of support.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Bernie Sanders has dropped out.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:21 am
89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:19 am

We can hope.
Yes. It makes you libs nuts.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:25 am
kalm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:21 am

No. I just thought you were smarter than that. :ohno:
Last edited by kalm on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:24 am Bernie Sanders has dropped out.
Yup, just saw that.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... e-n1155156
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

I had thought it might be a Biden-Harris ticket a few months back, but I believe Kamala crapped the bed in the early debates.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:43 am I had thought it might be a Biden-Harris ticket a few months back, but I believe Kamala crapped the bed in the early debates.
I don't see how they get past her law and order background, especially with the stuff that came out in the primaries. She's not going to bring her own demographic into the race as a result. Plus she really ripped into Biden in the debates - hard to see that now being a pairing.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Well it was a fun ride while it lasted, and he's helped shift the party significantly left.

That said, I'm not voting for Biden unless Sanders is VP of choice.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:54 am Well it was a fun ride while it lasted, and he's helped shift the party significantly left.

As much as I think Bernie is the FDR type leader we need to bring us out of the impending depression, two septuagenarians on the ticket ain’t gonna fly.

He needs to select a progressive lite with color and perhaps female that holds enough of the left wing and steals enough moderate votes due to Trump’s dumbassery.

Easier said than done.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:54 am Well it was a fun ride while it lasted, and he's helped shift the party significantly left.

So you are contributing to another 4 years of Trump?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:26 am
89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:25 am
He doesn't make you libs nuts? :|
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:23 am
kalm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:13 am Judging by moderate conservative comments, Tulsi would be a smart pick at this point. Color, female, leadership, strength, military, reasonable. The question being whether you’d lose the progressives.
If it wasn't for this website I don't think I'd know a thing about Tulsi Gabbard. Gil has to be one of her biggest bastions of support.
Same. And FYP. :thumb:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:17 am
kalm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:26 am

I don’t base my vote on making other people nuts. Sorry you do.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:45 am
89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:17 am

I don’t base my vote on making other people nuts. Sorry you do.
Careful on the high horse jackass. :lol: