Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by mainejeff »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I once posted Living Color's "Cult of Personality" video here in commenting on the Obama phenomenon. But the Obama thing was not as hateful as the Trump thing. What Trump does with illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, and Muslims is similar to what Hitler did with the Jews. There's nothing like that with Obama. Obama was the "Hope and Change" guy. It was more positive. Trump is a hate and resentment guy. Also the "Make America Great Again" thing is, to me, similar to the successful effort by Hitler to play upon that kind of thing with Germany. I don't think Obama did anything like that.
None of that window dressing changes the fact that Obamabots were worse at the cult of personality thing. There was literally NOTHING he could do wrong. They’d have elected him president for life.
So what exactly did he do wrong?

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: What Trump does with illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, and Muslims is similar to what Hitler did with the Jews.
Quoted to emphasize that JohnStOmar is the dumbest son-of-a-bitch on this forum. :nod:
There might be a slight chance that JSO is referring to the rhetoric and convincing side of Hitler’s actions that led to the horror rather than the actual genocide itself.

Hence the ‘don’t think it would happen here’.

Just a guess.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
And yet he's blind to the same similarities with Obamabots. And apparently so are you.
I once posted Living Color's "Cult of Personality" video here in commenting on the Obama phenomenon. But the Obama thing was not as hateful as the Trump thing. What Trump does with illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, and Muslims is similar to what Hitler did with the Jews. There's nothing like that with Obama. Obama was the "Hope and Change" guy. It was more positive. Trump is a hate and resentment guy. Also the "Make America Great Again" thing is, to me, similar to the successful effort by Hitler to play upon that kind of thing with Germany. I don't think Obama did anything like that.
Hitler regime also murdered around 1.9 millions non-Jewish, Poles, and children were sent to Germany to be "Germanized". Trump isn't trying to take away guns, and over half the american population hates him or thinks he's an idiot. The policia are not going around and getting rid of dissenters or sending people to labor camps. He's doing some stupid chit, but he's not even close to Hitler.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Gil Dobie wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Hitler regime also murdered around 1.9 millions non-Jewish, Poles, and children were sent to Germany to be "Germanized". Trump isn't trying to take away guns, and over half the american population hates him or thinks he's an idiot. The policia are not going around and getting rid of dissenters or sending people to labor camps. He's doing some stupid chit, but he's not even close to Hitler.
He would do it if he could get away with it. One mistake that lil' Hitler has made is that he has not endeared himself to our nations' military. That's Dictator 101....can't go all dictatory if you don't have the military behind you. ICE (SS) will only get you so far.

Go Black Bears!
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

mainejeff wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
And yet he's blind to the same similarities with Obamabots. And apparently so are you.
I don't remember Obama sucking Putin and Kim Jong-un's dick.....attacking his political opponents with personal and racist remarks....and holding rallies where he tells his supporters to attack journalists and people with differing political views.
^^^ this right here us why only Trump could go to Kim

A regular Dem or Rep could never do it because the other side’s base would say exactly what you did

It probably goes nowhere - but in the end Trump achieves no less than any President since 1949

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Just stop, JSO. You clearly have no clue what the heck you're talking about.

Those groups have been told they can't keep their current jobs?

Those groups have been rounded up, en masse, and forced into squalid ghettos AND then taken to camps where they work to death?

Those groups have had their real and personal property confiscated and then given out to Republican Party members?

Those groups have been blamed for every problem we have?

You've gone off the rails.

Trump is a shitstain on this country and a terrible president. But stop it with the Hitler comparisons, it's intellectually dishonest.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
None of that window dressing changes the fact that Obamabots were worse at the cult of personality thing. There was literally NOTHING he could do wrong. They’d have elected him president for life.
Oh I would say Trump supporters are worse and it's no contest.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

mainejeff wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
I think we all know each other as well as we can, even those of us who haven't met.

Besides, you should take your own advice, dick weed.

Typical Jeff, he likes to dish it out but becomes a little bitch when someone calls him out on his own crap. I've seen this pattern for years with you.
I never mention you by name.....I don't even think about you. Obviously you are the one obsessed with certain personalities on here. Psst.....it's an Internet forum. You don't know us (the people you haven't met) from the hole in the ground. I could be a Trump voting #Deplorable for all you know. ;) :o :lol:

Yet, here you are responding. Responding and throwing yourself into the fray.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

mainejeff wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
He would do it if he could get away with it. One mistake that lil' Hitler has made is that he has not endeared himself to our nations' military. That's Dictator 101....can't go all dictatory if you don't have the military behind you. ICE (SS) will only get you so far.

Trump is a low down, god awful, dirty, shit bag of a President.

But I don't think he's smart enough to pull off what Hitler did.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Ibanez wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

Trump is a low down, god awful, dirty, shit bag of a President.

Well obviously......but he is laying the foundation for someone smarter than him. :nod:

Stephen Miller has at least 40-50 more years to live......he ain't done yet. ;)

Go Black Bears!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

mainejeff wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Trump is a low down, god awful, dirty, shit bag of a President.

Well obviously......but he is laying the foundation for someone smarter than him. :nod:

Stephen Miller - he is probably a bigger scum bag.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

mainejeff wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Trump is a low down, god awful, dirty, **** bag of a President.

If the Donks put up a solid candidate, they can stop that. If they put up another Hillary Clinton, they won't.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

If the Donks put up a solid candidate, they can stop that. If they put up another Hillary Clinton, they won't.
The current field makes Hillary look like William Fvcking Buckley

Its a guarantee they’ll put up the communist... and then we’ll have 4 mire years of petulant tantrums

and tweet farts from Cheeto

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

Its a guarantee they’ll put up the communist... and then we’ll have 4 mire years of petulant tantrums

Count on it. The DNC will trip over itself.

They are as much to blame for Trump as the people who voted for him. They played identity/legacy politics and it bit them in the ass.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Gil Dobie wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

Conservative Translation: It's our way or we'll continue our destruction of America.

No thanks.

Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Ibanez wrote: They are as much to blame for Trump as the people who voted for him.
NOPE. Conservatives NEVER own their mistakes. :ohno:

Go Black Bears!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

mainejeff wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Conservative Translation: It's our way or we'll continue our destruction of America.

No thanks.

Trump vs Hillary, both would continue the destruction of America, that's why I voted 3rd party, and an anti-Trump candidate to boot.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Gil Dobie wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

No thanks.

Trump vs Hillary, both would continue the destruction of America, that's why I voted 3rd party, and an anti-Trump candidate to boot.
Congrats!

:roll:

Go Black Bears!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

mainejeff wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Congrats!

:roll:

Donks put up a good candidate, and I'll vote for them. Put up another crotchety old white person, and I won't.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

mainejeff wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

No thanks.

As opposed to the Donk destruction of America...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: None of that window dressing changes the fact that Obamabots were worse at the cult of personality thing. There was literally NOTHING he could do wrong. They’d have elected him president for life.
Oh I would say Trump supporters are worse and it's no contest.
Why? On what grounds?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Oh I would say Trump supporters are worse and it's no contest.
Why? On what grounds?
The same grounds you probably have for Obama - personal experience and bias.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ibanez wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Just stop, JSO. You clearly have no clue what the heck you're talking about.

Those groups have been told they can't keep their current jobs?

Those groups have been rounded up, en masse, and forced into squalid ghettos AND then taken to camps where they work to death?

Those groups have had their real and personal property confiscated and then given out to Republican Party members?

Those groups have been blamed for every problem we have?

You've gone off the rails.

Trump is a shitstain on this country and a terrible president. But stop it with the Hitler comparisons, it's intellectually dishonest.
Just the "blamed for every problem we have" part. Or at least close to it. What I'm talking about is the general matter of casting groups like that as villains.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

There are no moderates in the Dem primary field:

https://thefederalist.com/2019/04/18/no ... ates-2020/
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

Hillary worked for Barry Fvcking Goldwater's campaign and was raised Republican in Chicago. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky