UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
What if I told you “not a cunt” was my main criteria?

Yang is the only one who is not a cunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mighty low bar there, CID
Is it? How many conk candidates from 2016 could clear it?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I’m not afraid of things that can’t happen, which is why I’m not afraid of Yang’s “deal killers”

I don’t understand the so-called libertarian intelligentsia’s infatuation with Yang. He’s just a straight Buttigieg and almost as statist. Yang throws a few crumbs to the “makers” but that’s about it.
If only the “makers” earned their crumbs... :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Mighty low bar there, CID

Amash

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Mighty low bar there, CID

There you go again with that “both sides suck” riff. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Universal healthcare used to be a thing that “couldn’t happen”. Medicare for all used to be a thing that “couldn’t happen”. The list goes on and on. Those things have a way of worming their way into the mainstream and that’s how we’ve gotten where we are.
maybe republicans could come up with their own plan that would be better?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, you were serious about that?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
maybe republicans could come up with their own plan that would be better?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, you were serious about that?
Right now, where we were in 2008 was a better plan

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Robert Francis O’Rourke wins “Gun Salesman of the Month” award...

A Tempe AZ gun store ran a “Beto Special” on all AR-15s and AK-47s in stock after his “Hell yes, I’m gonna take you guns” comments...

It sold out in 2 days...200 rifles...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

If I had to bet now I'd bet they nominate Warren. That disappoints me. I think she has a good chance to beat Trump. Better than 50:50 at this point, I think. But if they do nominate her it'll be a situation in which they could have done much better in terms of putting up a candidate likely to beat Trump. Biden would be a virtual lock if he Democrats had said, "OK, we've identified the best shot and we're going to rally behind him."

Also it means we could end up with Warren as President. That's not as bad as having Trump as President. But it's not good. It's just too bad the Republicans put us in this position by coming up with Trump. No way we'd be looking at a realistic possibility of Elizabeth Warren being President if the Republicans hadn't come up with Trump on their side.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:If I had to bet now I'd bet they nominate Warren. That disappoints me. I think she has a good chance to beat Trump. Better than 50:50 at this point, I think. But if they do nominate her it'll be a situation in which they could have done much better in terms of putting up a candidate likely to beat Trump. Biden would be a virtual lock if he Democrats had said, "OK, we've identified the best shot and we're going to rally behind him."

Also it means we could end up with Warren as President. That's not as bad as having Trump as President. But it's not good. It's just too bad the Republicans put us in this position by coming up with Trump. No way we'd be looking at a realistic possibility of Elizabeth Warren being President if the Republicans hadn't come up with Trump on their side.
Good God that’s some convoluted logic. Exactly who would we be looking at if Trump weren’t president?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:If I had to bet now I'd bet they nominate Warren. That disappoints me. I think she has a good chance to beat Trump. Better than 50:50 at this point, I think. But if they do nominate her it'll be a situation in which they could have done much better in terms of putting up a candidate likely to beat Trump. Biden would be a virtual lock if he Democrats had said, "OK, we've identified the best shot and we're going to rally behind him."

After months and months of posts defending Donk policies and excusing the manifold shortcomings of Donk POTUS candidates, JSO makes watershed post hedging his bets and laying the groundwork for future CS attacks on the hard-left agenda of President Elizabeth Warren (if it happens). All in the name of preserving what’s left of his tattered “libertarian” street cred. What a profile in courage. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:

After months and months of posts defending Donk policies and excusing the manifold shortcomings of Donk POTUS candidates, JSO makes watershed post hedging his bets and laying the groundwork for future CS attacks on the hard-left agenda of President Elizabeth Warren (if it happens). All in the name of preserving what’s left of his tattered “libertarian” street cred. What a profile in courage. :coffee:
He literally has no idea what he's for and what he's against anymore. He's done so many flips and turns he's just dizzy now.

Oh, and Warren isn't winning anything without winning the Black vote and the organized labor vote and I don't see any indication she's going to win that. She's like a weaker Bernie than Bernie was in 2016 and Bernie couldn't crack the Democratic establishment. She won't fare any better. It'll be a slow, long, slog to the nomination, but assuming Biden doesn't have a health scare or (god forbid) dies he's the nominee.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: After months and months of posts defending Donk policies and excusing the manifold shortcomings of Donk POTUS candidates, JSO makes watershed post hedging his bets and laying the groundwork for future CS attacks on the hard-left agenda of President Elizabeth Warren (if it happens). All in the name of preserving what’s left of his tattered “libertarian” street cred. What a profile in courage. :coffee:
He literally has no idea what he's for and what he's against anymore. He's done so many flips and turns he's just dizzy now.

Oh, and Warren isn't winning anything without winning the Black vote and the organized labor vote and I don't see any indication she's going to win that. She's like a weaker Bernie than Bernie was in 2016 and Bernie couldn't crack the Democratic establishment. She won't fare any better. It'll be a slow, long, slog to the nomination, but assuming Biden doesn't have a health scare or (god forbid) dies he's the nominee.
Warren is not impressive in debates. She doesn’t exude leadership...more like panic. I think Biden, with his senility, and Warren’s lack of confident stage presence are significant liabilities that Trump can exploit. ‘ Murica has shown a tendency to look past quality...see McDonalds, Budlight, Dancing With The Stars, and the Dallas Cowboys.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Warren is not impressive in debates. She doesn’t exude leadership...more like panic. I think Biden, with his senility, and Warren’s lack of confident stage presence are significant liabilities that Trump can exploit. ‘ Murica has shown a tendency to look past quality...see McDonalds, Budlight, Dancing With The Stars, and the Dallas Cowboys.
Bad examples. McD's, BL, and the Cowboys look great on TV. They show well when put in front of the public. Flashy. Desireable. Biden and Warren are the opposite.
Try that again.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

I think she's in a great role for her as a Senator. I'm not sure she'd make a very good President. And I don't think she really has a good shot at the nomination, either. Biden would literally need to die at this point for her to win. So she has a chance. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
Bad examples. McD's, BL, and the Cowboys look great on TV. They show well when put in front of the public. Flashy. Desireable. Biden and Warren are the opposite.
Try that again.
What if he changed it to Murica has show a tendency to look at style over substance? Would that work?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
Try that again.
But his first three sentences are spot on. :nod: :nod: :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
I think she's in a great role for her as a Senator. I'm not sure she'd make a very good President. And I don't think she really has a good shot at the nomination, either. Biden would literally need to die at this point for her to win. So she has a chance. :coffee:
God can you imagine that breathless whining for at least 4 years?

I hope we have a normal President again before I die

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

I've had a hard time listening to Presidents live since somewhere during Clinton's second term. They've all become cringe-worthy for different reasons. I don't think I'd change that aversion with her being President.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I've had a hard time listening to Presidents live since somewhere during Clinton's second term. They've all become cringe-worthy for different reasons. I don't think I'd change that aversion with her being President.
Maybe that’s part of my affinity for Yang. I’m actually interested in listening to him because he makes reasoned arguments.

And he doesn’t grate on my nerves to the point that I want to stomp a mudhole in his ass

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

phpBB [video]

:rofl:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote:
phpBB [video]

I remember you used to watch TYT. There’s still some great reporting and entertaining shows and Cenk, Ben, and Brent Erlich are good but man, some of the fill-in guest hosts are bat shit crazy SJW left. :shock:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote:
phpBB [video]

I remember you used to watch TYT. There’s still some great reporting and entertaining shows and Cenk, Ben, and Brent Erlich are good but man, some of the fill-in guest hosts are bat shit crazy SJW left. :shock:
Actually I stopped watching when Cenk booted Jimmy Dore from his platform for not towing the DNC line. TYT's Biden's Corn Pop story was one of the first ones to come up on the Youtube search.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote:
Actually I stopped watching when Cenk booted Jimmy Dore from his platform for not towing the DNC line. TYT's Biden's Corn Pop story was one of the first ones to come up on the Youtube search.
I liked Jimmy too, but Cenk is no friend of the DNC. Was that Jimmy’s take?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Actually I stopped watching when Cenk booted Jimmy Dore from his platform for not towing the DNC line. TYT's Biden's Corn Pop story was one of the first ones to come up on the Youtube search.
I liked Jimmy too, but Cenk is no friend of the DNC. Was that Jimmy’s take?
It was over the candidates. Basically TYT is in the tank for all the "progressive" folks, and Dore is a Bernie guy (and he kinda likes Tulsi).
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote:
*toeing