Political discussions
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by mainejeff »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:55 am You could see the disdain for being questioned at all last night. It was on his brow.
I think that it was more about having to stand next to Pocahontas all night. :nod:
Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

In comparing Pocahontas to Hillary.....who is more irritating? I have to say Pocahontas by a hair. Hillary's voice is worse....but Pocahontas is one of those feminazis that just don't stop until you choke the life out of them.
Go Black Bears!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:42 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:36 am

Am I actually agreeing with real jeff or MAGA-troll jeff?

Agreed. If Trump can be open about sexually assaulting women b/c he's rich then who cares if Bloomberg said something 35 years ago. Show me a man or woman that HASN'T said something sexist/racists/ageist/ *-ist. This purity litmus test weeds out good people and bogs us down in garbage when we should be talking about their ideas.
Nobody on this board has a chance of ever being nominated for any major office by any major party. :twocents:
Boy, is that true! :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Former skeptics now warning of brokered convention 'nightmare' for Democrats

...One Democrat who worked on two campaigns for former President Obama called a brokered convention “the biggest nightmare Democrats can imagine.”

“If you want to see a complete shit show, tune in to the brokered convention,” the Democrat said...
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... -democrats
:popcorn:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Pete was the only one who looked sane and competent last night. Amy was probably second best. Bernie, Biden and Warren just come across as old, angry white folks (looking at you Ivy ;) ). Bloomberg... I don't know how he can stay in after that beating.

Bernie's numbers just don't make any sense. Folks reminding him about trillions in costs and he's talking about billions in savings. Somebody needs to let him know a billion is not the same as a trillion.

Did I actually hear him say: no premium, no deductible, no copay? WTF?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

89Hen wrote:Pete was the only one who looked sane and competent last night. Amy was probably second best. Bernie, Biden and Warren just come across as old, angry white folks (looking at you Ivy ;) ). Bloomberg... I don't know how he can stay in after that beating.

Bernie's numbers just don't make any sense. Folks reminding him about trillions in costs and he's talking about billions in savings. Somebody needs to let him know a billion is not the same as a trillion.

Nothing like an ex-Republican harlot running as a democrat

Like I said before .... we are in for some high entertainment from the same producers who brought you Trump 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:47 am Pete was the only one who looked sane and competent last night. Amy was probably second best. Bernie, Biden and Warren just come across as old, angry white folks (looking at you Ivy ;) ). Bloomberg... I don't know how he can stay in after that beating.

Ummm yeah...that’s what Medicare for all is. Taxes go up a few thousand for the middle class but they save $12,000 in health insurance expenses. The latest studies also show savings over all for general healthcare spending across the board.

The losers would be the upper middle class to wealthy depending on the degree of healthcare expense savings overall and the insurance companies.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:47 am Pete was the only one who looked sane and competent last night. Amy was probably second best. Bernie, Biden and Warren just come across as old, angry white folks (looking at you Ivy ;) ). Bloomberg... I don't know how he can stay in after that beating.

Ummm yeah...that’s what Medicare for all is. Taxes go up a few thousand for the middle class but they save $12,000 in health insurance expenses. The latest studies also show savings over all for general healthcare spending across the board.

The losers would be the upper middle class to wealthy depending on the degree of healthcare expense savings overall and the insurance companies.
I’m middle class and I haven’t spent 12 large total on healthcare in the last 20 years combined

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:07 am
kalm wrote:

I’m middle class and I haven’t spent 12 large total on healthcare in the last 20 years combined

How much of your premiums does your employer cover? What is your deductible? What are your copays?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:07 am I’m middle class and I haven’t spent 12 large total on healthcare in the last 20 years combined

How much of your premiums does your employer cover? What is your deductible? What are your copays?
I’ve had 3 different carriers in 20 years

My premiums at CPD were covered at 20%. I paid the rest out of my check. I had one procedure done since 1997 and that was a spinal fusion. It was 13k total and cost me 2k... on the back of my huge premiums

I didn’t have to wait 30 months on sick leave for my surgery and when it was done I didn’t have to spend 6 months at home mandated by the government. My employers got plenty of productivity out of me during that time and I was happy to do it

mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:45 am

...One Democrat who worked on two campaigns for former President Obama called a brokered convention “the biggest nightmare Democrats can imagine.”

“If you want to see a complete shit show, tune in to the brokered convention,” the Democrat said...
This is Trump's election to lose. MSM histrionics over Dem process notwithstanding.....this is all pretty ho-hum. :nod:
Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

89Hen wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:47 am Bloomberg... I don't know how he can stay in after that beating.
What exactly was the "beating" that he took? The Pocahontas feminazi act?......pfft. People don't give a shit about that. :thumb: We'd all look like Bloomberg did last night with crazies attacking us left & right. :roll:
Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:07 am
kalm wrote:

Exactly! I have great health insurance.....it will be taken away if Bernie is elected. :thumbdown: FU Bernie! :nod:
Go Black Bears!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:45 am

Not gonna happen. Somebody will win on the first ballot for the right to lose to Drumpf.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:26 am
Not gonna happen. Somebody will win on the first ballot for the right to lose to Drumpf.
:nod: :thumb:
Go Black Bears!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:17 am
kalm wrote:
I’ve had 3 different carriers in 20 years

My premiums at CPD were covered at 20%. I paid the rest out of my check. I had one procedure done since 1997 and that was a spinal fusion. It was 13k total and cost me 2k... on the back of my huge premiums

I didn’t have to wait 30 months on sick leave for my surgery and when it was done I didn’t have to spend 6 months at home mandated by the government. My employers got plenty of productivity out of me during that time and I was happy to do it

So you paid 80% of your premiums or 20%? What were the premiums and how long ago was that?

What are your current premiums, deductible, and copay?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_ ... s#Overview

My point is that your coverage costs and expenses might not be the same as a big chunk of voters. Note that 60% percent of employer plans are self funded, basically just receiving the benefits of a group rate.

And these are single person numbers. Throw in the whole family and the numbers get close to what I originally stated.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

:luv: :luv: :luv:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Bernie, Bernie, Bernie!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

mainejeff wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:57 pm
Why are Republicans always obsessed with size?
I know right?

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:57 am

Oh, so instead of giving some of my money to the health care industry, I give more of my money to the government. Sounds great!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:41 am
kalm wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:57 am

Oh, so instead of giving some of my money to the health care industry, I give more of my money to the government. Sounds great!
Without knowing your income and how much the overall costs go down once private insurance is removed, yes there is a chance for that to happen a little. But savings for the middle class will be a boost for the overall economy, cause less bankruptcies, and we’d be saving 68,000 lives/year due to universal access.

I know you believe life is precious and it’s not all about you. :thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:35 pmBut savings for the middle class will be a boost for the overall economy, cause less bankruptcies, and we’d be saving 68,000 lives/year due to universal access.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:58 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:35 pmBut savings for the middle class will be a boost for the overall economy, cause less bankruptcies, and we’d be saving 68,000 lives/year due to universal access.
Resorting to memes this soon?

Kalm wins.............again!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:00 pm
89Hen wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:58 pm

Resorting to memes this soon?