2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Political discussions
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by 93henfan »

Just get me one of those 6mg Naked Vape juices in Strawberry and I'll be on my way.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

So you noticed it too? :rofl:

I was hoping they'd ask more questions about his finances. :coffee:
Apparently I noticed something about her that was different from what you noticed

Namely, a lack of substance

There are so many lefty versions of Trump waiting in the wings... you want entertainment- you’re about to get it in spades next year
You know what? My life doesn't change one iota either way. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
It's amazing how something totally incorrect like that 1/1024th thing has gotten embedded in the public consciousness. You have to just kind of throw up your hands though. No question conservative propagandists were able to establish a false narrative. See the article at https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 58c4b06f77. A quote:

Another quote that more accurately assesses the situation:

As I said long ago when the test stuff came up the DNA test results validated her claim. The DNA test results are consistent with her description of her family lore about Native American ancestry. That's the truth. But the truth doesn't matter in today's environment I guess.

Having said that, she would not be a strong national candidate. She might be able to beat Trump anyway because he's such an atrocity and SO unpopular with the majority of the people. But I hope the Democrats will come up with a better national candidate.
The only consistency in her story is that, much like you, she has lied from the start.

Her parents did not elope, there was a wedding announcement in the local paper.
They did not get married by a Justice of the Peace, but by a Methodist minister.
Her grandparents didn't want her father to get married because they were worried he would drop out of college, not because he was marring a girl with a fraction of one percent of Injun blood.
This is what they call "living in your head rent free". :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Baldy wrote: The only consistency in her story is that, much like you, she has lied from the start.

Her parents did not elope, there was a wedding announcement in the local paper.
They did not get married by a Justice of the Peace, but by a Methodist minister.
Her grandparents didn't want her father to get married because they were worried he would drop out of college, not because he was marring a girl with a fraction of one percent of Injun blood.
I have not lied about anything. And where did you get that take? From the Daily Wire? If so notice, for instance, that they quote her then make a big deal about her not being married by a Justice of the Peace. But she didn't say she was married by a Justice of the Peace. And they end up admitting that they don't know that she didn't elope.

If you look at the analysis by the Native American woman they cite it does not at all demonstrate that she was lying. It's a lot of speculation. Here is an example of the kind of thought process involved:
Every high school student that attended the debate was not mentioned but Pauline, Donald and Alyne were. Since we already know Pauline and Donald later married and that Alyne was their witness, it is not a stretch to assume these three were good friends while in high school and that both Donald and Alyne attended the debate to watch Pauline. It is also not a stretch to assume Donald and Pauline did not have to hide their relationship from his purportedly racist parents since his attendance at her debate was published in the newspaper.
"assume"...."assume"..."not a stretch" so on and so forth.

There is absolutely nothing out there which shows she lied about her parents eloping or their reasons for doing it.

This right wing echo chamber stuff has got to stop. If the right wants to win the battle of ideas it has to start dealing with the truth instead of with this kind of crap.
It's called common sense, Pinocchio.

People who run away to get married do not get married by prominent Methodist ministers (unless he is the justice of the peace), and they surely do not put wedding announcements in the local paper. That's just not how it happens.

You're free to believe any silly off-the-wall hairbrained MSNBC narrative you wish, but please don't insult the intelligence of the people who aren't stupid enough to fall for it.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I have not lied about anything. And where did you get that take? From the Daily Wire? If so notice, for instance, that they quote her then make a big deal about her not being married by a Justice of the Peace. But she didn't say she was married by a Justice of the Peace. And they end up admitting that they don't know that she didn't elope.

If you look at the analysis by the Native American woman they cite it does not at all demonstrate that she was lying. It's a lot of speculation. Here is an example of the kind of thought process involved:

"assume"...."assume"..."not a stretch" so on and so forth.

There is absolutely nothing out there which shows she lied about her parents eloping or their reasons for doing it.

This right wing echo chamber stuff has got to stop. If the right wants to win the battle of ideas it has to start dealing with the truth instead of with this kind of crap.
It's called common sense, Pinocchio.

People who run away to get married do not get married by prominent Methodist ministers (unless he is the justice of the peace), and they surely do not put wedding announcements in the local paper. That's just not how it happens.

You're free to believe any silly off-the-wall hairbrained MSNBC narrative you wish, but please don't insult the intelligence of the people who aren't stupid enough to fall for it.
I think we've found the source of Baldy's triggerings. He' going to really lose his shit when She picks AOC for VP.. :shock:
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren may have set a new land-speed record in presidential campaign trail gaffes. Just hours after announcing her 2020 Exploratory Committee, with her first Iowa stop freshly booked, Warren went full Dukakis.

Not the wonky version of former Gov. Michael Dukakis. Credit where credit is due, Warren knows how to breathe fire when preaching to the choir with her warmed-over Occupy economics. No, we’re talking helmeted Dukakis. Dukakis in that ridiculous tank shot that helped doom his 1988 White House run.

Warren’s cringeworthy event — streamed on Instagram Live on New Year’s Eve — is a friendly chat with her followers.

“I’m here in my kitchen — and um — I thought maybe we’d just take some questions and I’d see what I can do,” Warren said.

At which point she not-so-casually said she would grab a beer. Seems innocuous enough. Beer has a time-honored place in presidential politics. But this resident of Cambridge’s la-di-dah Linnaean Street and erstwhile Harvard elitist is really an extra oaky chardonnay kind of lady. Her poor husband was so befuddled — apparently not fully clued in on the stunt — that when she offered him one he declined. More of a 20-year-old tawny port sipper, no doubt.
https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/01/01 ... is-moment/

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Baldy wrote:
It's not MSNBC. It's FactCheck.org. FactCheck.org's bias scale and accuracy rating at mediabiasfactcheck look like this:

Very unbiased and factually accurate source. In contrast, MSNBC's information looks like this:

Of course I know how it goes nowadays. The overwhelming majority of Conservatives live in an echo chamber wherein we can't believe anything from credible sources because they are part of the "liberal media" that is engaged in a conspiracy to destroy the Conservative Cause. So you show a source and it's "liberal media." And you show another one and it's "liberal media." And most Conservatives don't believe anything until the source involved tells them what they want to hear. Something that flatters the constant stream of bullshit and distortion coming from the conservative side. Something like The Daily Wire; which looks like this:

Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Here's the thing: The bottom line is that Warren's DNA test validated her claim and the Conservative allegation that she used a claim of Native American ancestry to get jobs or advance her career is unsubstantiated. That is the truth. Conservatives should just say "OK" and move on instead of coming up with stuff like that "1/1024th" nonsense to meme around the internet and continue spreading a false narrative. If one is going to win, one should win with the truth.

And Conservatives do that crap while, at the same time, they embrace a guy who lies practically every time he opens his mouth. Even if Warren had lied about her heritage her lying frequency would be several orders of magnitude below that of Trump. It's horribly hypocritical to criticize Warren for alleged misstatements when one embraces somebody like Trump. A person who embraces Trump has already indicated that serial, constant lying is perfectly OK with them.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Lots of yammering about Elizabeth Warren for no reason - she's a dud of a candidate and has virtually no chance to win the nomination. Too old, too boring, too tied up in that ridiculous heritage debate. She has no feel for timing on a national stage - she flubbed that DNA reveal and she couldn't have picked a more dead time to announce her Presidential campaign. She just doesn't have the chops to run for President in this day and age. And if Kamala Harris ends up running she'll end up getting far more of the female candidate votes. Warren should've run back in 2016 but she was part of the establishment that moved out of the way for Hillary (which is a further knock on Warren). She's a boring candidate in an election that's going to be extremely lively.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:Here's the thing: The bottom line is that Warren's DNA test validated her claim and the Conservative allegation that she used a claim of Native American ancestry to get jobs or advance her career is unsubstantiated. That is the truth. Conservatives should just say "OK" and move on instead of coming up with stuff like that "1/1024th" nonsense to meme around the internet and continue spreading a false narrative. If one is going to win, one should win with the truth.

And Conservatives do that crap while, at the same time, they embrace a guy who lies practically every time he opens his mouth. Even if Warren had lied about her heritage her lying frequency would be several orders of magnitude below that of Trump. It's horribly hypocritical to criticize Warren for alleged misstatements when one embraces somebody like Trump. A person who embraces Trump has already indicated that serial, constant lying is perfectly OK with them.
John it's too late...
First of all no Republican cares about how much Trump lies
They think it's cute and helpful because it creates chaos and disorder

Which then allows them to play the equivalency game
Person X said something that wasn't exactly correct - Therefore President Trump lying every day is okay

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

I can see a Beto-Harris ticket happening.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote:Here's the thing: The bottom line is that Warren's DNA test validated her claim and the Conservative allegation that she used a claim of Native American ancestry to get jobs or advance her career is unsubstantiated. That is the truth. Conservatives should just say "OK" and move on instead of coming up with stuff like that "1/1024th" nonsense to meme around the internet and continue spreading a false narrative. If one is going to win, one should win with the truth.

Here's the thing: She admitted that she wasn't a person of color at a commencement speech at Morgan State University.
I’m not a person of color. And I haven’t lived your life or experienced anything like the subtle prejudice, or more overt harm, that you may have experienced just because of the color of your skin.
— Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren

Native Americans are considered to be people of color. She identified herself as a "minority" before UPenn offered her a job.

Which is it? Is she lying now, or was she lying back then?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Baldy wrote:

Here's the thing: She admitted that she wasn't a person of color at a commencement speech at Morgan State University.
I’m not a person of color. And I haven’t lived your life or experienced anything like the subtle prejudice, or more overt harm, that you may have experienced just because of the color of your skin.

Native Americans are considered to be people of color. She identified herself as a "minority" before UPenn offered her a job.

It's amazing the hyper veracity and deep insight Baldy has focused on this one lie...
Yet he seems oblivious to other prominent figures that lie almost every day

Strange...

:coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Baldy wrote:

Sometimes you really are a moron

When some progtard says “people of color” they are referring almost exclusively to blacks... because blacks are the only people offended if you use whatever term was acceptable two weeks ago

She was in essence stating the boilerplate intersectional trope... that she’s not black so she doesn’t have standing to talk about black problems

Hispanics and Native Americans do NOT like being called “people of color” in most circumstances

AND - she was speaking at Morgan State ... so who do you think her audience was?
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

CID1990 wrote:
Baldy wrote: Here's the thing: She admitted that she wasn't a person of color at a commencement speech at Morgan State University.

When some progtard says “people of color” they are referring almost exclusively to blacks... because blacks are the only people offended if you use whatever term was acceptable two weeks ago

She was in essence stating the boilerplate intersectional trope... that she’s not black so she doesn’t have standing to talk about black problems

Hispanics and Native Americans do NOT like being called “people of color” in most circumstances

AND - she was speaking at Morgan State ... so who do you think her audience was?
Fuck...you and Clitz are underperforming today.

Mocking JSO is kinda what we do here. :dunce:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Baldy wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Fuck...you and Clitz are underperforming today.

Mocking JSO is kinda what we do here. :dunce:
I saved up some money for you so you can afford to eat at Subway tomorrow

:geek:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by UNI88 »

Chizzang wrote:
Baldy wrote: Here's the thing: She admitted that she wasn't a person of color at a commencement speech at Morgan State University.

It's amazing the hyper veracity and deep insight Baldy has focused on this one lie...

Strange...

So was it a lie or not? John says it wasn't but he's the opposite of Baldy - yammering on about Trump's lies but trying to rationalize/dismiss Warren's, AOC's, and other Donks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Pwns wrote:And anyways, there was really no point in taking the time to bang out that blob of text because I was just mocking the inane "Is America ready for a ______ president" conversations and articles that always come up whenever a _____ is in the conversation.

Even though anyone paying attention knows there's more people that think we "need" a _____ president than people that won't vote for a ______.
What an awesome fucking post. Pure genius.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:

John it's too late...
First of all no Republican cares about how much Trump lies
They think it's cute and helpful because it creates chaos and disorder

Which then allows them to play the equivalency game
Person X said something that wasn't exactly correct - Therefore President Trump lying every day is okay

:lol:
Or, then, there’s the vast majority of conservatives who really dont’ give two shits what he says...

But...we like:

Denuclearization of Korean Peninsula
Ending the Korean War
Tax cuts
Out of the ridiculous Paris Accord
Cancel the fucked up Iran nuclear deal
cancelling the Obamacare mandate
Building the wall
Bringing the troops home from Syria
Calling China and the rest of the world on their economic policies (and yes, I realize this is temporarily throwing the markets in a tizzy, and it’s all JSO will focus on besides the tweets)
Calling UN on the carpet
Making allies pay their fair share
And on and on and on......

I really don’t care about the tweets. Not one bit. And I wouldn’t have cared if Obama was green and shit on the front lawn of the White House every day if he’d done even THREE of the things on that list.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Strange...

So was it a lie or not? John says it wasn't but he's the opposite of Baldy - yammering on about Trump's lies but trying to rationalize/dismiss Warren's, AOC's, and other Donks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Thank you! Somebody gets it. :notworthy:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote:
This guy just can't help himself. What an asshat.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
This guy just can't help himself. What an asshat.
Why do you hate humor?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

UNI88 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Strange...

Well for starters, if you're a Republican "Lies don't matter anymore"
Because if they did what would you do..? We've got a president that tells a whopper a week
and says casual lies almost every single day

So half the country isn't even allowed to pretend they care about lies

Next:
Elizabeth Warren told a lie about her heritage

:nod: