Political discussions
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:Hey, dback! Big day for you! Hildabeast told the BBC that she’s “under enormous pressure” to get into the race! And Mayor Pete is now ahead in Iowa! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Hey, if Mayor Pete can beat the Democratic Party machine and actually get the nomination he likely has my vote. Take that Jill Stein, darn Russian asset! :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Hey, dback! Big day for you! Hildabeast told the BBC that she’s “under enormous pressure” to get into the race! And Mayor Pete is now ahead in Iowa! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Hey, if Mayor Pete can beat the Democratic Party machine and actually get the nomination he likely has my vote. Take that Jill Stein, darn Russian asset! :rofl:
I could stomach most of his political positions. He’s got two that really concern me, however;

* He supports abolition of the electoral college
* He supports expansion of the SC to up to 15 seats

Not sure if I consider those to be showstoppers, but they’re pretty big deals. I’d have to think about that a while....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I could stomach most of his political positions. He’s got two that really concern me, however;

Not sure if I consider those to be showstoppers, but they’re pretty big deals. I’d have to think about that a while....

Lack of running something other than a college time is huge, as are the 2 points you mention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
I could vote for the guy if he were the nominee. Especially if it looks as though the Senate will remain red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Support for something and actually making it happen are two different things.

Neither of those things will come to pass in our lifetimes.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Yes, I realize that. We’ve had this discussion before. And I stand by my assertion that there’s lots of things we have now that started out as “support” for something.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

css75 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Lack of running something other than a college time is huge, as are the 2 points you mention.

It takes more leadership & administrative chops to run a college town than it does to run a Congressional staff so that actually puts him ahead of most of the other Donk candidates.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Yes, I realize that. We’ve had this discussion before. And I stand by my assertion that there’s lots of things we have now that started out as “support” for something.
Yeah, and they've been easy sells

like mary jane

The Electoral College would require a Constitutional amendment... ain't going to happen any more than we are going to repeal the 2A.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Col Hogan wrote:New Hmpahire backers of Joe Biden worry about Michael Bloomberg getting into the Democratic race for the nomination...
Bloomberg's looming presidential candidacy is effectively a vote of no confidence in Biden's chances, amid slipping poll numbers and slack fundraising. Bloomberg, New York City mayor for 12 years starting in 2002, would reportedly spend "whatever it takes" to win the Democratic nomination and fall 2020 fight against President Trump. With an estimated net worth of $53 billion, Bloomberg expects that he can ignore the first four primary states and instead flood airwaves with advertisements in hopes of scoring a series of wins on Super Tuesday, March 3, when more than a dozen states and entities vote.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -candidacy
Both of them?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Big ideas for sure. And candidates should have big ideas.

But I don’t see any of those happening. If they do, it’ll be around the time 2A is repealed and the “3rd” American Revolution begins.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

css75 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

So you have a problem with a guy that’s only run city but you’re ok with a guy that’s run multiple businesses into bankruptcy and has never run a government?

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Mayor Pete is the latest fad. The Donks won't nominate a white guy unless it is Pedo Joe. Plus they need African American support and AAs in general are not going to vote for a gay man. :twocents:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote:Mayor Pete is the latest fad. The Donks won't nominate a white guy unless it is Pedo Joe. Plus they need African American support and AAs in general are not going to vote for a gay man. :twocents:
There's a lot of truth in this.

Then again, evangelicals voted for a man that cheats on his wives and cheats business owners so...stranger things have happened.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Big ideas for sure. And candidates should have big ideas.

But I don’t see any of those happening. If they do, it’ll be around the time 2A is repealed and the “3rd” American Revolution begins.

Well, if you're stipulating that we've started down that slippery slope and it's inevitable, then what the fuck, I guess I can vote for him and just accelerate the process... :lol: :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Big ideas for sure. And candidates should have big ideas.

Well, if you're stipulating that we've started down that slippery slope and it's inevitable, then what the fuck, I guess I can vote for him and just accelerate the process... :lol: :lol:
I have stipulated no such thing. "Around the time 2A is repealed" can be read as " when pigs fly."
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

I agree, if I felt those were real positions he'd pursue then I wouldn't vote for him either. But he's been showing real pragmatism by walking back both those positions in the past few months. He's seeing the weakness in Biden as the "less whacky" candidate and is already moving to fill that void. That's the same reason why Bloomberg is suddenly in the game, but I think he's too late to stop Mayor Pete from seizing that mantle. The Dems will never allow Sanders to get the nomination - they rigged it that way in 2016 and they'll do it again in 2020 - and Warren is just too far gone to be a legitimate nominee. Mayor Pete is probably helped a bit from the fact that the Senate is likely to stay red after 2020 - to get anything done you'll have to be less of a radical, and he's that compared to Warren.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

I saw a presidential ad for a guy yesterday I've NEVER heard of.

Tom Steyer? Who the fuck?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote:I saw a presidential ad for a guy yesterday I've NEVER heard of.

Billionaire white dude.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:I saw a presidential ad for a guy yesterday I've NEVER heard of.

His ads have been plastered all over the Carolina's for months.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote:

Billionaire white dude.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I have stipulated no such thing. "Around the time 2A is repealed" can be read as " when pigs fly."
Can I still vote for him to accelerate the process? :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

You're lucky you don't live in Iowa. That dumbass has been on TV since Trump took office. First he was pushing impeachment and now his campaign ads.

I wish I was a billionaire so I could just light money on fire. I read something awhile back about how much money Steyer has spent between backing congressional candidates (virtually none of which one), impeachment, and now his candidacy. The consultants working for him have to be laughing all the way to the bank.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I have stipulated no such thing. "Around the time 2A is repealed" can be read as " when pigs fly."
:lol: :lol: Sure why not. Do you live in a state where your vote counts? Mine doesn't.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
:lol: :lol: Sure why not. Do you live in a state where your vote counts? Mine doesn't.
It only counts if I vote for Trump.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote:

You're lucky you don't live in Iowa. That dumbass has been on TV since Trump took office. First he was pushing impeachment and now his campaign ads.

I wish I was a billionaire so I could just light money on fire. I read something awhile back about how much money Steyer has spent between backing congressional candidates (virtually none of which one), impeachment, and now his candidacy. The consultants working for him have to be laughing all the way to the bank.
His whole ad was about big bad bankers and how they've stolen so much money from Americans since the recession...and how he and his benevolent wife started a "community non-profit bank" to share profits with the community. Yeah, motherfucker, it's called a CREDIT UNION. Acts like he fucking invented a concept that's been around for 150 years.