Political discussions
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:I do think it's a shame that Harris is out in that if she'd have gotten into a one on one with Trump I think she'd have kicked his ass. But it is what it is. Anybody they nominate is going to have a reasonable shot.
She’d fall completely on her face if she had to debate Trump... on genuine-ness alone

Trump may be a buffoon but he’s real and even relatable, in a sense. Harris is fake across the board and isn’t used to being called on it - Trump would eat her lunch on a debate stage with facial expressions and sneers alone. She’d stoop to trading insults with the guy and then she’d lose.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:I do think it's a shame that Harris is out in that if she'd have gotten into a one on one with Trump I think she'd have kicked his ass. But it is what it is. Anybody they nominate is going to have a reasonable shot.
She’d fall completely on her face if she had to debate Trump... on genuine-ness alone

Trump may be a buffoon but he’s real and even relatable, in a sense. Harris is fake across the board and isn’t used to being called on it - Trump would eat her lunch on a debate stage with facial expressions and sneers alone. She’d stoop to trading insults with the guy and then she’d lose.
Yup. The only folks who thought Kamala had a shot was the establishment dems/media pushing weak ass narratives claiming it so. She can only fuck her way up the ladder so far. :coffee:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you ever watch the video of Tulsi destroying her? Trump would be that x10. Actual facts and intelligent comments have nothing to do with it. It's about sound bites and style.

If you asked 100 people what they remember most about the Trump Hilldog debates this would probably be near the top:

phpBB [video]
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Yup. The only folks who thought Kamala had a shot was the establishment dems/media pushing weak ass narratives claiming it so. She can only fuck her way up the ladder so far. :coffee:
:lol:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote:remember when she made kavanaugh cry?
if she were really on the ball she would have offered a kleenex and given him a few minutes to compose himself :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote:

Did you ever watch the video of Tulsi destroying her? Trump would be that x10. Actual facts and intelligent comments have nothing to do with it. It's about sound bites and style.

If you asked 100 people what they remember most about the Trump Hilldog debates this would probably be near the top:

phpBB [video]
^^^

:nod:

Hillary, Nancy....all preachy and fake when they’ve been told to not act preachy.

Mrs Kalm will accuse me of sexism at which point I’ll tell her ‘Hey, I like Tulsi’ and she’ll hit me with its only because she’s younger and you think she’s hot.

Can’t fucking win...

:ohno:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:

phpBB [video]
^^^

:nod:

Hillary, Nancy....all preachy and fake when they’ve been told to not act preachy.

Mrs Kalm will accuse me of sexism at which point I’ll tell her ‘Hey, I like Tulsi’ and she’ll hit me with its only because she’s younger and you think she’s hot.

Can’t fucking win...

:ohno:
If Tulsi looked like Barbara Milkuski nobody would pay any attention to her.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Saw my first tv ad the other day for Bloomberg here in PA. Primary in PA isn't until April 28th. Any doubts as to whether he's serious or in the race for the duration should be answered. With a crowded field with no real frontrunner, look for news articles over the next several months to get giddy about the potential for their not to be a nominee by the time the convention rolls around. They love that stuff.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Why sit there and deny you called the old man fat when you clearly did in video. :dunce: Trying to claim he said facts... :rofl:
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/12/06/joe ... r-fat.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:Why sit there and deny you called the old man fat when you clearly did in video. :dunce: Trying to claim he said facts... :rofl:
The guy made several claims that made it easy for Biden to credibly call him a liar

At some point, somebody is going to ask him the right question-

“Mr. Vice President, what characteristic does your son possess that made him worth 50 Large to a Ukrainian oil company?”

And-

“How can you claim to be such an experienced foreign policy expert when you cannot understand the optics of you pressuring Ukraine to fire a prosecutor who was looking into a company your son was receiving 50 LARGE PER MONTH from?”

That’s some very Trumpy sh1t Biden pulled there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

People continue to act like Trump is all that. He's not. He lost all three of the debates to Clinton both in terms of substance and in terms of the perceptions of the people who watched the debates. More people thought Clinton won than thought Trump won each time.

And on election day, again: He got a lower percentage of the popular vote than Romney did. He won Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin more because fewer people voted for the Democrat than because more people voted for the Republican. Many more people voted for non-major Party candidates. He got a lower percentage of the vote in Florida than Romney did but still won because the Democrat share dropped by more than the Republican share did. He got fewer votes in Wisconsin in absolute terms than Romney did. He did a little better than Romney did in Michigan and Wisconsin but it would not have been enough if all it had been was him gaining the same percent change as the Democrat lost. If that had happened the Democrat would've won again.

He's not some unbeatable, popular candidate. He's a fluke associated with a very unique set of circumstances.

And this thing where some of you think he's hard to beat in a debate just makes no sense at all. He took it on the chin in the general election debates every time. Harris would absolutely destroy Trump in a one on one debate. She'd destroy him on substance and all the polling would say she won; probably by large margins than all the polling said Clinton won each time.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Just as a reminder, though you can find plenty of other sources that will tell you the same thing:

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-tru ... ry-1447108
n fact, major post-debate polls following the candidates' three debates from September to October showed that respondents believed Clinton emerged as the victor over Trump, ranging from a five-point margin of victory to a 40-point margin.

"As most people are aware, according to the Polls, I won EVERY debate, including the three with Crooked Hillary Clinton, despite the fact that in the first debate, they modulated the sound on me, and got caught," the president—incorrectly—tweeted. "This crew looks somewhat easier than Crooked, but you never know?"

Polls conducted by various organizations, including Gallup, Fox, NBC, CNN, Politico, YouGov and Public Policy Polling, showed otherwise for all three 2016 debates. But it's not the first time that Trump or his campaign have falsely claimed victory in post-debate polls.
He's not hard to beat in a debate. I don't know where this thing where some of you guys think that he is comes from.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:Just as a reminder, though you can find plenty of other sources that will tell you the same thing:

n fact, major post-debate polls following the candidates' three debates from September to October showed that respondents believed Clinton emerged as the victor over Trump, ranging from a five-point margin of victory to a 40-point margin.

"As most people are aware, according to the Polls, I won EVERY debate, including the three with Crooked Hillary Clinton, despite the fact that in the first debate, they modulated the sound on me, and got caught," the president—incorrectly—tweeted. "This crew looks somewhat easier than Crooked, but you never know?"

Polls conducted by various organizations, including Gallup, Fox, NBC, CNN, Politico, YouGov and Public Policy Polling, showed otherwise for all three 2016 debates. But it's not the first time that Trump or his campaign have falsely claimed victory in post-debate polls.
He's not hard to beat in a debate. I don't know where this thing where some of you guys think that he is comes from.
That’s because you think debates are substantive.

Let me clue you in, John

Presidential debates are basically analogous to Houndawg and MaineJeff posts

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote:Just as a reminder, though you can find plenty of other sources that will tell you the same thing:

Yes he lost the debates in terms of policy or substance. But in terms of sound bites he won. And that translates to votes in the voting booth.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:People continue to act like Trump is all that. He's not. He lost all three of the debates to Clinton both in terms of substance and in terms of the perceptions of the people who watched the debates. More people thought Clinton won than thought Trump won each time.

And on election day, again: He got a lower percentage of the popular vote than Romney did. He won Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin more because fewer people voted for the Democrat than because more people voted for the Republican. Many more people voted for non-major Party candidates. He got a lower percentage of the vote in Florida than Romney did but still won because the Democrat share dropped by more than the Republican share did. He got fewer votes in Wisconsin in absolute terms than Romney did. He did a little better than Romney did in Michigan and Wisconsin but it would not have been enough if all it had been was him gaining the same percent change as the Democrat lost. If that had happened the Democrat would've won again.

He's not some unbeatable, popular candidate. He's a fluke associated with a very unique set of circumstances.

And this thing where some of you think he's hard to beat in a debate just makes no sense at all. He took it on the chin in the general election debates every time. Harris would absolutely destroy Trump in a one on one debate. She'd destroy him on substance and all the polling would say she won; probably by large margins than all the polling said Clinton won each time.
That's like saying even though we lost the game, we outgained the other team, and more people thought we looked like the better team..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Scoreboard: Trump 306, Clinton 232.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote:remember when she made kavanaugh cry?
She lost that fight too. :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Why sit there and deny you called the old man fat when you clearly did in video. :dunce: Trying to claim he said facts... :rofl:
The guy made several claims that made it easy for Biden to credibly call him a liar

“Mr. Vice President, what characteristic does your son possess that made him worth 50 Large to a Ukrainian oil company?”

And-

“How can you claim to be such an experienced foreign policy expert when you cannot understand the optics of you pressuring Ukraine to fire a prosecutor who was looking into a company your son was receiving 50 LARGE PER MONTH from?”

50 LARGE

That’s an idea for a Hunter Biden vanity tag
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

And-

50 LARGE

That’s an idea for a Hunter Biden vanity tag
I thought I heard somewhere that it was actually 166 Large for two people - Hunter Biden and John Kerry's nephew. Did anyone else hear that or was that Fox News blowing shit one night?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Politics aside, Babs is fucking awesome. She’s got a quick wit and can tell a joke like she’s on stage at Ha Ha’s. When she dies, I’ll post some stories. she’s one of my favorite people.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

mainejeff2 wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Trump may be a buffoon but he’s real and even relatable, in a sense.
Very true! There are tons of dumb racist white fucks in this country.

:coffee:
You’re back

Did the bad orange man touch you in your special place again?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
mainejeff2 wrote:
Very true! There are tons of dumb racist white fucks in this country.

You’re back

Did the bad orange man touch you in your special place again?

Jearf reminds me of the John Goodman character from Raising Arizona

Comes out once a month to raise hell, screws up, and slinks back into his cell
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Pocahontas sniping hard at Bootyjudge now. Fratricide is beautiful to watch.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote:Pocahontas sniping hard at Bootyjudge now. Fratricide is beautiful to watch.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

mainejeff2 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Jearf reminds me of the John Goodman character from Raising Arizona

Comes out once a month to raise hell, screws up, and slinks back into his cell
Your Orange King is going down. :nod:

Rather see him go down in the election versus the time and money spent by democrats for this impeachment crap. He's an idiot, it doesn't take the Democratic House and billions of dollars to prove that. Dems could have spent their time and money improving their candidate options.