2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Political discussions
User avatar
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9928
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby HI54UNI » Tue May 07, 2019 8:04 pm

The gaffemaster has now said that China is a not a threat. He also is going with the Mondale strategy of promising to raise taxes. He's only been in a week. No way he can make it another year without completely shooting himself in the foot.
Image

All my posts are satire.

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49774
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ibanez » Wed May 08, 2019 5:16 am

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote:FIFY

"flip flopped" is purely partisan. Are we saying a person can't change their opinion or perspective? Or later regret a decision?

Sure you can changed your mind - its a free country. But changing tour mind on numerous issues and regretting numerous decisions for political reasons to to be woke based on what’s trendy doesn’t make you not a flip flopper.

Oh. Like Republicans flip flopping on family values and crime by electing an adulterer and someone who boasts about sexual assaulting women.

Got it. Thanks BDK


The GOP has no room to talk about Biden when their President is on the record, bragging about sexual assaulting women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16367
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby houndawg » Wed May 08, 2019 5:35 am

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

It doesn't matter if somebody changes their mind...
the question is - does he have it correct now..?

Why people act like changing your mind based on new information is a bad thing ?

WTF?


Actually ... in all seriousness-

I don’t believe retail politicians when they publicly change their minds

they might be sincere, but it is very hard to know. Given that the path to greatest reward for a politician is to point to the popular wind, there is a nearly irresistible temptation there and there are precious few of them who do resist it

Biden wants to be President. Just like he wanted to be a VP and a Senator. He changed all of his positions precisely when it would have cost him politically not to do so.

Biden is in good company. I can name only two or three 20th century national politicians who I would consider to have strength of honest convictions. He isn’t one of them.

But you’re right .... for those of us who aren’t trying to get at least 90 million people to vote for us, changing one’s mind is a good thing if you wind up in the right place

Things I’ve changed my mind on:

Capital punishment
State socialism
Abraham Lincoln
toilet paper roll orientation
James Carter (the saxophonist not the President)
Need based public assistance
pistols
dog meat



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Trut so pure. :coffee:

I used to be a hard-liner on toilet paper roll orientation but now I realize that its relative to whether or not there is a cat around.
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 40807
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby kalm » Wed May 08, 2019 5:49 am

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Actually ... in all seriousness-

I don’t believe retail politicians when they publicly change their minds

they might be sincere, but it is very hard to know. Given that the path to greatest reward for a politician is to point to the popular wind, there is a nearly irresistible temptation there and there are precious few of them who do resist it

Biden wants to be President. Just like he wanted to be a VP and a Senator. He changed all of his positions precisely when it would have cost him politically not to do so.

Biden is in good company. I can name only two or three 20th century national politicians who I would consider to have strength of honest convictions. He isn’t one of them.

But you’re right .... for those of us who aren’t trying to get at least 90 million people to vote for us, changing one’s mind is a good thing if you wind up in the right place

Things I’ve changed my mind on:

Capital punishment
State socialism
Abraham Lincoln
toilet paper roll orientation
James Carter (the saxophonist not the President)
Need based public assistance
pistols
dog meat



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Trut so pure. :coffee:

I used to be a hard-liner on toilet paper roll orientation but now I realize that its relative to whether or not there is a cat around.


Me too until we went to these in the 90's like any sensible upright walking human being.

Image

Since then, it hasn't really mattered much.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12221
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby GannonFan » Wed May 08, 2019 5:55 am

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Sure you can changed your mind - its a free country. But changing tour mind on numerous issues and regretting numerous decisions for political reasons to to be woke based on what’s trendy doesn’t make you not a flip flopper.

Oh. Like Republicans flip flopping on family values and crime by electing an adulterer and someone who boasts about sexual assaulting women.

Got it. Thanks BDK


The GOP has no room to talk about Biden when their President is on the record, bragging about sexual assaulting women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both parties have plenty of examples of extreme hypocrisy. I'd like to think some of that is just due to the duopoly and the big tent idea of both parties, but of course some of it does come down to people themselves and being okay with whatever as long as they win at the ballot box.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14724
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: **** Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:57 am

kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
I'm still not sure that is uniformly a bad thing..?
Regardless of trendiness or whatever

as long as whoever it is ultimately gets it right what's the difference..?
The Republicans are flip flopping on Marijuana

The act of thinking and postulating should be fluid
too many people are married to bad ideas

accepting new data and informing yourself should never be seen as bad

:geek:


It’s not.

While the left is guilty of being wushu washy, the very DNA of a conservative is to never admit you’re wrong and take that **** to the grave.

Both mindsets have their advantages.
You are wrong

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49774
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ibanez » Wed May 08, 2019 6:05 am

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Oh. Like Republicans flip flopping on family values and crime by electing an adulterer and someone who boasts about sexual assaulting women.

Got it. Thanks BDK


The GOP has no room to talk about Biden when their President is on the record, bragging about sexual assaulting women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both parties have plenty of examples of extreme hypocrisy. I'd like to think some of that is just due to the duopoly and the big tent idea of both parties, but of course some of it does come down to people themselves and being okay with whatever as long as they win at the ballot box.


This. People would kill their own mother if it meant a Republican/Democrat wins. :ohno:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49774
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ibanez » Wed May 08, 2019 6:06 am

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
kalm wrote:
It’s not.

While the left is guilty of being wushu washy, the very DNA of a conservative is to never admit you’re wrong and take that **** to the grave.

Both mindsets have their advantages.
You are wrong

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

:lol: :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 40807
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby kalm » Wed May 08, 2019 6:23 am

Ibanez wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:You are wrong

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

:lol: :lol:


I might be.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4663
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby UNI88 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:39 am

kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote:


I might be.
Stop changing your mind!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14849
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby BDKJMU » Wed May 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Sure you can changed your mind - its a free country. But changing tour mind on numerous issues and regretting numerous decisions for political reasons to to be woke based on what’s trendy doesn’t make you not a flip flopper.

Oh. Like Republicans flip flopping on family values and crime by electing an adulterer and someone who boasts about sexual assaulting women.

Got it. Thanks BDK


The GOP has no room to talk about Biden when their President is on the record, bragging about sexual assaulting women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Biden flip flopping defense: But Trump!.. :lol:

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49774
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ibanez » Wed May 08, 2019 12:28 pm

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Oh. Like Republicans flip flopping on family values and crime by electing an adulterer and someone who boasts about sexual assaulting women.

Got it. Thanks BDK


The GOP has no room to talk about Biden when their President is on the record, bragging about sexual assaulting women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Biden flip flopping defense: But Trump!.. :lol:

See, I don't see it that way. I'm trying to get you to explain how it's good for your guy but not for another. I didn't say, " But Trump!". I compared him to someone.

But I know the answer - it's hypocrisy. Partisan hypocrisy.


And I pretty much agree with Cid on his analysis. If Biden was any other person, he'd be ok to change his mind. But b/c he's a politician, his changing views are suspect (and may he is changing with the times or with the trends).


But hey - good job at defending Trump. Keep sucking his tiny dick. Who gets to get pegged by him tonight? You or AlphaGriz?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14849
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby BDKJMU » Wed May 08, 2019 1:05 pm

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:The Biden flip flopping defense: But Trump!.. :lol:

See, I don't see it that way. I'm trying to get you to explain how it's good for your guy but not for another. I didn't say, " But Trump!". I compared him to someone.

But I know the answer - it's hypocrisy. Partisan hypocrisy.


And I pretty much agree with Cid on his analysis. If Biden was any other person, he'd be ok to change his mind. But b/c he's a politician, his changing views are suspect (and may he is changing with the times or with the trends).


But hey - good job at defending Trump. Keep sucking his tiny dick. Who gets to get pegged by him tonight? You or AlphaGriz?

So pointing out Biden's flip flopping on numerous issues is sucking Trump's dick. Umm, ok.. :roll:
And how would you know about Trump's dick size? :lol:

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4663
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby UNI88 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:29 pm

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Oh. Like Republicans flip flopping on family values and crime by electing an adulterer and someone who boasts about sexual assaulting women.

Got it. Thanks BDK


The GOP has no room to talk about Biden when their President is on the record, bragging about sexual assaulting women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Biden defense: But Trump!..

The Trump defense: But Obama!..

The Obama defense: But Bush!..


FYP

See the pattern and the irony? Anyone who overlooked Trump's "indescrections" has given up the moral high ground to criticize Biden's.


Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49774
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ibanez » Wed May 08, 2019 1:39 pm

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote:See, I don't see it that way. I'm trying to get you to explain how it's good for your guy but not for another. I didn't say, " But Trump!". I compared him to someone.

But I know the answer - it's hypocrisy. Partisan hypocrisy.


And I pretty much agree with Cid on his analysis. If Biden was any other person, he'd be ok to change his mind. But b/c he's a politician, his changing views are suspect (and may he is changing with the times or with the trends).


But hey - good job at defending Trump. Keep sucking his tiny dick. Who gets to get pegged by him tonight? You or AlphaGriz?

So pointing out Biden's flip flopping on numerous issues is sucking Trump's dick. Umm, ok.. :roll:
And how would you know about Trump's dick size? :lol:

You're continued stance and support of him is sucking his dick.


And the porn star he banged, while married, said it was small.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49774
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ibanez » Wed May 08, 2019 1:40 pm

UNI88 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:The Biden defense: But Trump!..

The Trump defense: But Obama!..

The Obama defense: But Bush!..


FYP

See the pattern and the irony? Anyone who overlooked Trump's "indescrections" has given up the moral high ground to criticize Biden's.


Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


This
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16967
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Chizzang » Wed May 08, 2019 2:32 pm

BDKJMU wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
I'm still not sure that is uniformly a bad thing..?
Regardless of trendiness or whatever

as long as whoever it is ultimately gets it right what's the difference..?
The Republicans are flip flopping on Marijuana

The act of thinking and postulating should be fluid
too many people are married to bad ideas

accepting new data and informing yourself should never be seen as bad

:geek:

The fluid thinking and postulating the Groper is doing is how does he reconcile his old votes with the current left democrat primary electorate. Its not due to some personal enlightenment at a very old age.

If there was a mythical centrist party that Crazy Uncle Joe was running for, Anita Hill would still be lying, bussing would still be bad, being tough on crime would still be ok, etc, etc..

The only new data he’s concerned about informing himself with is poll data to dictate how which issues he needs to flip flop on...


those are all ^ interesting perspectives
So you're implying that changing your opinion is bad when it's to strengthen your collective electorate

:geek:
How would you define a Republican?
"Somebody comfortable betting that science is wrong and oil companies are right..."

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14849
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby BDKJMU » Wed May 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Ibanez wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
FYP

See the pattern and the irony? Anyone who overlooked Trump's "indescrections" has given up the moral high ground to criticize Biden's.


Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


This

Except I wasn't crticizing Biden's "indescretions" with the women..

I was criticizing all the flip flopping on the political issues.

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49774
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ibanez » Wed May 08, 2019 4:36 pm

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
This

Except I wasn't crticizing Biden's "indescretions" with the women..

I was criticizing all the flip flopping on the political issues.

Ok. Right. He flip flopped.


Like Trump did on the shut down ( he won’t cave but then he did) or having Mexico pay for a wall. I follow you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4663
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby UNI88 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:29 pm

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Except I wasn't crticizing Biden's "indescretions" with the women..

I was criticizing all the flip flopping on the political issues.

Ok. Right. He flip flopped.


Like Trump did on the shut down ( he won’t cave but then he did) or having Mexico pay for a wall. I follow you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trump is the King of the flipper floppers. He's probably done multiples in 24 hour period.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11544
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby SDHornet » Wed May 08, 2019 8:31 pm

UNI88 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Ok. Right. He flip flopped.


Like Trump did on the shut down ( he won’t cave but then he did) or having Mexico pay for a wall. I follow you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trump is the King of the flipper floppers. He's probably done multiples in 24 hour period.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

:nod: And that's just with Melania. ;)

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 5916
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Pwns » Fri May 10, 2019 12:08 pm

https://www.dailywire.com/news/46989/bi ... stigiacomo

Of course, Biden is right, but this stuff from the un-woke time of 2007 isn't going to fly today.
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49763
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby AZGrizFan » Fri May 10, 2019 12:28 pm

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Except I wasn't crticizing Biden's "indescretions" with the women..

I was criticizing all the flip flopping on the political issues.

Ok. Right. He flip flopped.


Like Trump did on the shut down ( he won’t cave but then he did) or having Mexico pay for a wall. I follow you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Good god those are two lame examples. :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1658
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby css75 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:05 pm

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/hillar ... ary-state/

Could it be??

New campaign song

https://youtu.be/oZq3E785v18


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4663
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby UNI88 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:42 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Ok. Right. He flip flopped.


Like Trump did on the shut down ( he won’t cave but then he did) or having Mexico pay for a wall. I follow you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Good god I think those are two lame examples out if the thousands you had to choose from. :dunce: :dunce:


FYP

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CAA Flagship and 44 guests