Political discussions
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ivytalk » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:06 am

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:So, if Biden wins, as opposed to Warren or Bernie, will all you guys still move to New Zealand?

Bunch of Alec Baldwins we have here.

NZ is beautiful - I have close friends posted in Auckland

But NZ is another one of those majority white people Anglophone countries... it is more expensive than the US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife’s brother’s whole family packed up and moved there 15 years ago. The “why” is a long story, but it’s worked for them. And they’re raving Donks to boot.
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Postby CID1990 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:11 am

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
NZ is beautiful - I have close friends posted in Auckland

But NZ is another one of those majority white people Anglophone countries... it is more expensive than the US

My wife’s brother’s whole family packed up and moved there 15 years ago. The “why” is a long story, but it’s worked for them. And they’re raving Donks to boot.

They fit right in, then

NZ probably has a higher concentration of Greens than any other place in tge world

Good for them, too- Kiwis are proud of their country and they take care of it

Oh and they hunt feral pigs and goats from helicopters

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Postby houndawg » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:30 am

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:My wife’s brother’s whole family packed up and moved there 15 years ago. The “why” is a long story, but it’s worked for them. And they’re raving Donks to boot.

They fit right in, then

NZ probably has a higher concentration of Greens than any other place in tge world

Good for them, too- Kiwis are proud of their country and they take care of it

Oh and they hunt feral pigs and goats from helicopters

They pretty much have an open season on any animal not native, which is anything but a few birds. And if you play for the All-Blacks you have to learn all their hakas in Maori. Their hakas are so badass that the Kapa o Pango was banned from being performed before international matches.
Subvert the dominant paradigm

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Postby BDKJMU » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:52 am

Spent 12 days in NZ last Nov on a 19 day vacation (also 3 days Sydney & 3 days travel, 1 day LA). 6 days South Island (2 nights Queenstown, 2 nights Fox Glacier, 2 nights Christ Church) and 6 days North Island (3 nights Wellington, 3 nights Auckland) doing all the tourist stuff. Of course not enough time. Beautiful country. And expensive. I would imagine the South Island would be less expensive as its the larger and less populated of the 2. Course one thing to remember is their seasons are flipped- as I recall June-Aug is winter, and Dec-Feb is summer. And being Commonwealth of Nations, they of course drive on the wrong side of the road..

css75
Level3
Level3

Postby css75 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:35 am

Also, when you flush a toilet, the water goes down in reverse of here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Postby JohnStOnge » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:14 pm

Back to the topic: I wouldn't mind if Pete Buttigieg gets nominated. Might not be the best possible choice but then again might be in the end. In any case I think he'd be a better choice than Warren or Sanders. I think he'd cause some real problems for Trump. I don't think Trump would know how to deal with him. I think there is a good chance that this guy is squeaky clean. No skeletons in his closet. Everybody already knows he's a homosexual and we are in a time where people in the United States favor legal homosexual marriage by a 2:1 margin. Going after him for being homosexual would be very risky. He's way smarter than Trump. Way more articulate. I think he'd destroy Trump in debates. He's already said that he, as a veteran, is going to go after Trump for the bone spurs thing.

There's some concern that Blacks won't be as enthusiastic about him as they normally would be about a Democrat because he's homosexual. But I think if he does lose anything there there's potential that he'd more than make up for it among groups like college educated suburban Whites. Plus I'd be optimistic that when push comes to shove Blacks will turn out and vote overwhelmingly Democrat because Trump inspires them to do so. That was a factor, for example, in the recent Louisiana Gubernatorial election. Very strong Black turnout associated with Trump making the State a target.

It'd be very interesting.

Right now he's 4.5 percentage points on Trump in the Real Clear Politics average of polls. As we know that's popular vote. But that's more than Hillary Clinton was up on him on 2016 election day and she lost three key states by less than one percentage point each. Also think Buttigieg has potential to be strong in the midwest.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Postby Ivytalk » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:26 am

Butticheek is ahead in Iowa, but he doesn’t stand a chance in any state with a large AA population.
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam

Postby kalm » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:43 am

Ivytalk wrote:Butticheek is ahead in Iowa, but he doesn’t stand a chance in any state with a large AA population.

Ill drink to that.

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:46 am

Ivytalk wrote:Butticheek is ahead in Iowa, but he doesn’t stand a chance in any state with a large AA population.

Yes but when Boot Edge Edge wins Iowa, it will take some heat off the Cherokee Maiden. because all the oppo will be focused on the Fagwestern Mayor

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Postby Ibanez » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:38 am

If he begins running the table he'll have to speak directly (pander) to the AA population. Focus on how they both have minority status that have been treated poorly by the gov't. And as someone who is gay, he's the best person to help raise minorities up. I think a lot of the whites that vote against him are conservative, Trump supporters so he doesn't have to worry too much about his gayness with that bloc. To me, he doesn't come off as a phony or as a pretentious, holier than thou wanna be leader like Chief Chip on Her Shoulder.

:twocents:
:coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ibanez » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:40 am

CID1990 wrote:

Yes but when Boot Edge Edge wins Iowa, it will take some heat off the Cherokee Maiden. because all the oppo will be focused on the Fagwestern Mayor

I'm waiting for Warren to lose Oklahoma by wide margins. Or at least the Cherokee vote there.

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:56 am

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I'm waiting for Warren to lose Oklahoma by wide margins. Or at least the Cherokee vote there.

That will be much less newsworthy to CNN than the size of Drumof’s inaugural crowds, fo sho

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ibanez » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:08 am

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:I'm waiting for Warren to lose Oklahoma by wide margins. Or at least the Cherokee vote there.

That will be much less newsworthy to CNN than the size of Drumof’s inaugural crowds, fo sho

:lol: I think she's vilified the wrong people (the wealthy) and she's going to go down hard.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Postby BDKJMU » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:42 am

css75 wrote:Also, when you flush a toilet, the water goes down in reverse of here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember noting during a # of flushes on both islands that wasn’t the case.

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:43 pm

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

:lol: I think she's vilified the wrong people (the wealthy) and she's going to go down hard.

Trump has served his purpose. Judges. He has also started a push against China which will be difficult for the next Prez to relax. SCOTUS is now reliably originalist even if he doesn’t get to appoint any more justices.

I could maybe throw my vote at Boot Edge Edge depending on how things go- especially if the LP nominates a nut

But let’s see how BEE does in states where the black vote matters... I think Biden is still the man there.

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Postby CAA Flagship » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:25 pm

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: :lol: I think she's vilified the wrong people (the wealthy) and she's going to go down hard.

Trump has served his purpose. Judges. He has also started a push against China which will be difficult for the next Prez to relax. SCOTUS is now reliably originalist even if he doesn’t get to appoint any more justices.

I could maybe throw my vote at Boot Edge Edge depending on how things go- especially if the LP nominates a nut

But let’s see how BEE does in states where the black vote matters... I think Biden is still the man there.

I wonder what a Trump term would be like if he didn't have to campaign.

:lol: What was I thinking? It wouldn't change a thing. :rofl:

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ibanez » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:53 pm

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: :lol: I think she's vilified the wrong people (the wealthy) and she's going to go down hard.

If he could actually get something of substance out of China, I would be impressed. It’s not an easy feat.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Postby Skjellyfetti » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:47 pm

CID1990 wrote:especially if the LP nominates a nut

been keeping tabs on the South Carolina Libertarian Party debate? :lol:

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Postby AZGrizFan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Vermin Supreme.

God DAMN I wish I’d thought of that.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Postby UNI88 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:02 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:Vermin Supreme.

God DAMN I wish I’d thought of that.

Former classmate of Citdog who transferred to Furman.

He fits right in with Marianne Williamson.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Postby AZGrizFan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:05 pm

CAA Flagship wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I wonder what a Trump term would be like if he didn't have to campaign.

:lol: What was I thinking? It wouldn't change a thing. :rofl:

They think he’s bad now? Wait until he doesn’t have to worry about trying to get reelected!! :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Postby GannonFan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:40 am

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

If he could actually get something of substance out of China, I would be impressed. It’s not an easy feat.

I agree with Cit, even if nothing substantive comes out of his efforts with China, the curtain has certainly been pulled back and it will be difficult for the next person to come in and not continue the same hard stance with China. Just changing the tone has been useful in revealing the real issues there.

I also agree with Cit, until we see how the Democratic establishment goes with Mayor Pete. especially the Black vote, Biden is the likely nominee.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ibanez » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:00 am

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:If he could actually get something of substance out of China, I would be impressed. It’s not an easy feat.

I agree with Cit, even if nothing substantive comes out of his efforts with China, the curtain has certainly been pulled back and it will be difficult for the next person to come in and not continue the same hard stance with China. Just changing the tone has been useful in revealing the real issues there.

I also agree with Cit, until we see how the Democratic establishment goes with Mayor Pete. especially the Black vote, Biden is the likely nominee.

Told that to MrsCCU this morning. Pete has to let them know he's an oppressed minority like them and he'll fight for them. He's been disenfranchised just like that have.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Postby GannonFan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:06 am

Ibanez wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Told that to MrsCCU this morning. Pete has to let them know he's an oppressed minority like them and he'll fight for them. He's been disenfranchised just like that have.

But he's white. And male. The intersectionality is very confusing. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ibanez » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:16 am

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

But he's white. And male. The intersectionality is very confusing. :coffee:
:lol:
It's the 21st Century. Anything can happen. We've had a black POTUS so the AA community can't say we're getting a Gay white man before a black man.

The women might not be happy.

Return to “Politics”