Political discussions
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

I don't remember where it was or who it was but one of you guys wondered if the coronavirus thing was going to give Sanders some advantage in today's primaries due to old people being more at risk. That does not appear to be the case. I was seeing some exit polling results on TV and it looks to me like old people were voting more than young people. I tried Googling some exit polling results but couldn't find them. But I think I remember seeing, for instance, that an estimated 26% of people voting in the Illinois primary were 65 or older. I think 18 to 29 was something like 18%.

Those are from memory and could be off some. But I know as I was watching it I was struck by the fact that there was no indication at all that the voting population was "younger" than it typically is.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

In other news, Tulsi Gabbard is out.

:flash: :flash: :flash: :flash:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:25 am In other news, Tulsi Gabbard is out.

I posted on another sports board that "Tulsi drops out, endorses Trump" Everyone believed me :coffee:
:thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

This thing is still going? The Commie hasn't folded shop yet?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:48 am
Ivytalk wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:25 am In other news, Tulsi Gabbard is out.

I posted on another sports board that "Tulsi drops out, endorses Trump" Everyone believed me :coffee:
Bunch of tinfoil-hat all-purpose hoaxers, no doubt.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Until somebody polls on it, I’m going to go with it being a social media mirage..

anecdotally it *looks* like a groundswell but numerically it is not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

So apparently demented Joe tried to give an Orange Man Bad speech today from home. Any see it? How'd it go?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:48 am This thing is still going? The Commie hasn't folded shop yet?
I picked him to bow out by 4APR in the poll but in times as uncertain as these are becoming, things can change fast - Joe Biden is a natural-born gaffemeister too which probably has something to do with him being invisible right now - an MBNA security team probably has him at a hotel somewhere with duct tape over his mouth :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:12 pm So apparently demented Joe tried to give an Orange Man Bad speech today from home. Any see it? How'd it go?
He’s a gutless motherfucker.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:47 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:48 am This thing is still going? The Commie hasn't folded shop yet?
I picked him to bow out by 4APR in the poll but in times as uncertain as these are becoming, things can change fast - Joe Biden is a natural-born gaffemeister too which probably has something to do with him being invisible right now - an MBNA security team probably has him at a hotel somewhere with duct tape over his mouth :coffee:
Houndy, that’s your best post ever! :rofl: :rofl: :notworthy:
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:56 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:12 pm So apparently demented Joe tried to give an Orange Man Bad speech today from home. Any see it? How'd it go?
He’s a gutless motherfucker.
Because he's not stupid like that dumb mother fucker Trump?

When is Trump firing all the doctors on his "task force"? ;) :oops:

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

What are the odds that Cuomo considers to run or enters the convention trying to steal it from Bernie and Joe?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:38 am What are the odds that Cuomo considers to run or enters the convention trying to steal it from Bernie and Joe?
As long as Biden continues to look incapable of physically assuming office the odds of anyone trying to jump in at the convention are pretty high.

Cuomo will still have to be able to answer how he's been governor of NY since 2011 and how NY and specifically NYC wasn't prepared for this event. He may look good right now in the heat of the crisis but he has a long track record of governor to have to run on. Heck, even before that, he was the HUD guy under Clinton and has a track record of encouraging Fannie and Freddie to increase home ownership by buying up subprime loans and we know how that ended up. Just saying, there's plenty there for the right wing folks to spin during the election cycle.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:38 am What are the odds that Cuomo considers to run or enters the convention trying to steal it from Bernie and Joe?
As long as Biden continues to look incapable of physically assuming office the odds of anyone trying to jump in at the convention are pretty high.

Cuomo will still have to be able to answer how he's been governor of NY since 2011 and how NY and specifically NYC wasn't prepared for this event. He may look good right now in the heat of the crisis but he has a long track record of governor to have to run on. Heck, even before that, he was the HUD guy under Clinton and has a track record of encouraging Fannie and Freddie to increase home ownership by buying up subprime loans and we know how that ended up. Just saying, there's plenty there for the right wing folks to spin during the election cycle.
They’re all idiots. The entire lot of ‘em. But Cuomo at least acts like a functioning adult. He’s also not so far left that he makes Lenin look conservative.

Side benefit: watching the interaction between him and Fredo every time he comes on his show.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Will this be the Dem's excuse to dump Joe and nominate a consensus candidate instead?

Joe Biden Said He Believes All Women. Does He Believe Tara Reade?
A former staffer says he sexually assaulted her in 1993.

https://reason.com/2020/03/26/joe-biden ... eve-women/
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:39 pm Will this be the Dem's excuse to dump Joe and nominate a consensus candidate instead?

We'll see what happens with it. But here's something you need to understand: The mainstream media actually try to make sure sources can be validated before they run with it. The reason the mainstream media haven't run with it at this point is probably because there are questions.

And before you say it is liberal bias, there was a woman who alleged that Trump raped her when she was a minor and the mainstream media did not report about it because they had concerns about the validity.

See, the thing is, you need to learn to trust the mainstream media. If there is anything to this thing the mainstream media will report on it.

I know that's tough for conservatives because they have been immersed in this "can't trust the mainstream media" delusion. But it is just that: A delusion.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:26 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:39 pm Will this be the Dem's excuse to dump Joe and nominate a consensus candidate instead?

We'll see what happens with it. But here's something you need to understand: The mainstream media actually try to make sure sources can be validated before they run with it. The reason the mainstream media haven't run with it at this point is probably because there are questions.

And before you say it is liberal bias, there was a woman who alleged that Trump raped her when she was a minor and the mainstream media did not report about it because they had concerns about the validity.

See, the thing is, you need to learn to trust the mainstream media. If there is anything to this thing the mainstream media will report on it.

I know that's tough for conservatives because they have been immersed in this "can't trust the mainstream media" delusion. But it is just that: A delusion.
Some reputable non-mainstream sources like The Intercept have reported on it.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:26 pm

First of all I don't have to understand anything because I don't give a shit if Biden is the nominee or not. But under Joe's own rules all women are to be believed.

And believing the media. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I mean, I agree Cuomo would be a better candidate than Biden (who is a really lame choice for Democrats), but why Cuomo? Because he gave a nice speech on TV once? People are roasting Trump for not doing enough early enough but Cumo's state has more than half of the cases in the whole country and he's a star? :?

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

No comments on the Biden "me too" stuff? Believe all women, right?

:rofl:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:46 pm No comments on the Biden "me too" stuff? Believe all women, right?

There's two rapists running for office and another who *gasp* wants all people to have healthcare.

We've entered a parody world where people will argue about voting for the lesser rapist.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:46 pm No comments on the Biden "me too" stuff? Believe all women, right?

Lol you didn't get the memo. All women are to be believed when the accused is a conk. If the accused is a donk, she's a filthy liar. Get it straight.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:53 pm

There's two rapists running for office and another who *gasp* wants all people to have healthcare.

We've entered a parody world where people will argue about voting for the lesser rapist.
Still mad Bernie got mud stomped by a dude with onset dementia?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:02 pm

Lol you didn't get the memo. All women are to be believed when the accused is a conk. If the accused is a donk, she's a filthy liar. Get it straight.
At least when Biden says "he doesn't remember", he'll be telling the truth. :rofl: