2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Political discussions
User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11226
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Col Hogan » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:16 am

Bernie is in trouble with the Democratic Socialists over his stand against reparations...

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy ... eparations
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19835
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:28 pm

Col Hogan wrote:Bernie is in trouble with the Democratic Socialists over his stand against reparations...

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy ... eparations


He is also “problematic” on the 2A but he will change his tune. There are no consequences to doing so-


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19835
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:44 am

Crazy Uncle Joe is reinventing himself

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/03/27/ ... ting-2020/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 21606
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ivytalk » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:53 am

CID1990 wrote:Crazy Uncle Joe is reinventing himself

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/03/27/ ... ting-2020/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s the biggest whore of them all.

If only Senator Cale Boggs had gotten off his ass and campaigned for re-election back in ‘72, Biden would be laboring in deserved obscurity as a Delaware whiplash lawyer.
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16367
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby houndawg » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:02 am

SDHornet wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
This post is so TDS it deserves some bikinis to counteract

Image

Image

Image

Best JSO post evah... :thumb:


This is clearly the result of a severe case of AOCD. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16367
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby houndawg » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:07 am

SDHornet wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
Yes....much like Trump did!

Beto is the Dem version of Trump.....which means that he will be very popular and in it until the end. I think that he has zero chance of beating Trump but he plays a role in all off this until a certain point. :thumb:

:coffee:

Beto is just a fake Mexican that can skateboard...that is literally all he has going for him...not a joke either. :coffee:


You're always at your funniest when you aren't trying to be funny. :lol:

I do hope this isn't you being jelly because his Spanish is better than yours, that's so petty... :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11544
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby SDHornet » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:55 pm

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Beto is just a fake Mexican that can skateboard...that is literally all he has going for him...not a joke either. :coffee:


You're always at your funniest when you aren't trying to be funny. :lol:

I do hope this isn't you being jelly because his Spanish is better than yours, that's so petty... :coffee:

Feel free to clarify what is wrong with my statement about Robert Francis O'Rourke. :coffee:

Speaking of jelly, where the **** has he been, and why has he not shown up around here? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 21606
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ivytalk » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:22 am

SDHornet wrote:
houndawg wrote:
You're always at your funniest when you aren't trying to be funny. :lol:

I do hope this isn't you being jelly because his Spanish is better than yours, that's so petty... :coffee:

Feel free to clarify what is wrong with my statement about Robert Francis O'Rourke. :coffee:

Speaking of jelly, where the **** has he been, and why has he not shown up around here? :lol: :lol: :lol:

As in Robert Francis Kennedy?
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12221
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby GannonFan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:08 am

Another addition to the race, the mayor of Miramar, Florida. Apparently the initial success of another little known mayor from South Bend is encouraging others to take a shot. I kinda like this, they're like Trump in that they aren't from the mainstream of Washington politics, but they're not necessarily crazy like Trump is.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/miramar-florida-mayor-announces-democratic-presidential-bid-62002037?cid=clicksource_4380645_null_icymi_hed
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16367
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby houndawg » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:04 pm

GannonFan wrote:Another addition to the race, the mayor of Miramar, Florida. Apparently the initial success of another little known mayor from South Bend is encouraging others to take a shot. I kinda like this, they're like Trump in that they aren't from the mainstream of Washington politics, but they're not necessarily crazy like Trump is.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/miramar-florida-mayor-announces-democratic-presidential-bid-62002037?cid=clicksource_4380645_null_icymi_hed


If anything good can be said to have come from this miserable excuse for a government it has to be the number of first-timers running for office
Subvert the dominant paradigm

css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1658
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby css75 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:03 pm

But they all are competing for 2nd..


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16367
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby houndawg » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:02 am

css75 wrote:But they all are competing for 2nd..


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


After next year there will be a good dozen new AOCs on the job. Conks going to be soiling Depends at a furious rate
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9928
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby HI54UNI » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:02 pm

Knives are starting to come out for Pedo Joe. Which other Dem candidate is behind it? Who will be the next to fall?
Image

All my posts are satire.

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19835
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:59 pm

HI54UNI wrote:Knives are starting to come out for Pedo Joe. Which other Dem candidate is behind it? Who will be the next to fall?


Ol Joe, in the VP debate with Paul Ryan, had little of substance to offer when Ryan talked about our fiscal situation. Smiling Joe just flashed his white caps and laughed his fake, dismissive laugh.

It is what he does when he has nothing... and of course it worked just as well as the “The 1980s called” quip, because his audience was at least marginally more softheaded than Ryan’s

I REALLY want him to pull out that laugh in the debates against one of the women candidates - he’ll do it because it is all he has. What will happen to him next will be pure schadenfreude


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49763
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby AZGrizFan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:00 pm

houndawg wrote:
css75 wrote:But they all are competing for 2nd..


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


After next year there will be a good dozen new AOCs on the job. Conks going to be soiling Depends at a furious rate


I hope so. The Donk party will have officially jumped the shark and Americans will take note. :nod:
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51472
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby 93henfan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:00 pm

HI54UNI wrote:This post is so TDS it deserves some bikinis to counteract

Image

Image


Not that it would slow me down one millisecond, but why would two chicks with epic bods get such shitty ink (or any ink at all for that matter)?

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16367
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby houndawg » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:00 pm

them some bodacious tatas or what?
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 16941
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:50 am

Disturbing news. For the first time since I've been checking on it I checked and saw that respondents in some polls narrowly picked Trump over some of the more prominent Democrat candidates in some polls. You can see the histories I looked at below. I couldn't find a set of polls for Trump vs. Buttigieg.

Trump +2 in latest poll vs. O'Rourke: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6766.html

Trump -7 in latest poll vs. Biden (and that's the best he's done): https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls

Trump -3 in latest poll vs. Sanders: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls

Trump +2 in latest poll vs. Harris: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls

Trump +2 in latest poll vs. Warren: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19835
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:03 am

JohnStOnge wrote:Disturbing news. For the first time since I've been checking on it I checked and saw that respondents in some polls narrowly picked Trump over some of the more prominent Democrat candidates in some polls. You can see the histories I looked at below. I couldn't find a set of polls for Trump vs. Buttigieg.

Trump +2 in latest poll vs. O'Rourke: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6766.html

Trump -7 in latest poll vs. Biden (and that's the best he's done): https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls

Trump -3 in latest poll vs. Sanders: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls

Trump +2 in latest poll vs. Harris: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls

Trump +2 in latest poll vs. Warren: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls


Well, that’s because:

A) Trump has turned out to be fairly vanilla policy-wise, and

B) The Dems are going full retard. All they have to do is not go full retard but they can’t help themselves


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 40808
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby kalm » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:37 am

Some advice for Dem candidates on beating Trump from a GOP strategist.... at least try and appear more populist. The line I enlarged is a funny one and amazingly honest of how conservatives truly view the common man (coastals libs are the only elitists). Is he correct? Maybe...

As the party that always seeks its own political death, the Democrats have a remarkable opportunity to win, but an innate ability to lose.

How do I know? The GOP has a significant cadre of guys like me: people with little shame, lots of money and broad experience in hacking the process to win for our candidates. In the era of Obama, we took almost 1,500 seats at the federal, state and local level from Democrats, and not just in deep red states and districts. Trump may not be smarter than a toaster oven, but he’s going to be surrounded by people with brains, money and an existential desire to win.

They know that boutique policies in a Walmart nation won’t sell. You know how many Americans are going to pull the lever for the Democratic nominee over esoteric issues like court-packing, reparations, gerrymandering and late-term abortion? Not enough to win 2020. Not in the states they need to swing, even with supercharged turnout.

GOP consultants and elected officials know that Trump’s secret weapon was weaponizing grievances. They desperately want this to be a culture-war election.


Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 16941
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:54 am

kalm wrote:Some advice for Dem candidates on beating Trump from a GOP strategist.... at least try and appear more populist. The line I enlarged is a funny one and amazingly honest of how conservatives truly view the common man (coastals libs are the only elitists). Is he correct? Maybe...

As the party that always seeks its own political death, the Democrats have a remarkable opportunity to win, but an innate ability to lose.

How do I know? The GOP has a significant cadre of guys like me: people with little shame, lots of money and broad experience in hacking the process to win for our candidates. In the era of Obama, we took almost 1,500 seats at the federal, state and local level from Democrats, and not just in deep red states and districts. Trump may not be smarter than a toaster oven, but he’s going to be surrounded by people with brains, money and an existential desire to win.

They know that boutique policies in a Walmart nation won’t sell. You know how many Americans are going to pull the lever for the Democratic nominee over esoteric issues like court-packing, reparations, gerrymandering and late-term abortion? Not enough to win 2020. Not in the states they need to swing, even with supercharged turnout.

GOP consultants and elected officials know that Trump’s secret weapon was weaponizing grievances. They desperately want this to be a culture-war election.


Image


The only problem with that outlook is that, in terms of public opinion, the left is winning the culture wars. Yes, I do think the culture wars played a big role in Trump getting elected in 2016. In fact, I think that was way more important to Trump's win than the economy was. I think White Evangelical Christians felt under siege and voted a for a person who is completely contrary to their values because of things like Court decisions forcing homosexual marriage upon the country. But in the long run that "side" is losing.

What we saw with Trump, I think, was part of a dying gasp. A final spasm of resistance to the way the culture is going. The spasm MAY persist for long enough to get Trump re-elected. But in the long run the other "side" is going to win.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 21606
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ivytalk » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:04 am

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Disturbing news. For the first time since I've been checking on it I checked and saw that respondents in some polls narrowly picked Trump over some of the more prominent Democrat candidates in some polls. You can see the histories I looked at below. I couldn't find a set of polls for Trump vs. Buttigieg.

Trump +2 in latest poll vs. O'Rourke: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6766.html

Trump -7 in latest poll vs. Biden (and that's the best he's done): https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls

Trump -3 in latest poll vs. Sanders: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls

Trump +2 in latest poll vs. Harris: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls

Trump +2 in latest poll vs. Warren: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls


Well, that’s because:

A) Trump has turned out to be fairly vanilla policy-wise, and

B) The Dems are going full retard. All they have to do is not go full retard but they can’t help themselves


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Donks will self-destruct down to the wire. The Nevada “wise Latina” who accused Creepy Uncle Joe of French-kissing the back of her head is a supporter of Bernie and/or Warren.
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 21606
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ivytalk » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:11 am

JohnStOnge wrote:
What we saw with Trump, I think, was part of a dying gasp. A final spasm of resistance to the way the culture is going. The spasm MAY persist for long enough to get Trump re-elected. But in the long run the other "side" is going to win.


And, by gum, Rt. Hon. “Spaz” StWronge has gone full throttle to the other side.
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 40808
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby kalm » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:19 am

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
What we saw with Trump, I think, was part of a dying gasp. A final spasm of resistance to the way the culture is going. The spasm MAY persist for long enough to get Trump re-elected. But in the long run the other "side" is going to win.


And, by gum, Rt. Hon. “Spaz” StWronge has gone full throttle to the other side.


You think the right is going to make a comeback regarding the culture wars or that they simply no longer matter when it comes to elections?
Image
Image
Image

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 21606
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ivytalk » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:21 pm

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:
And, by gum, Rt. Hon. “Spaz” StWronge has gone full throttle to the other side.


You think the right is going to make a comeback regarding the culture wars or that they simply no longer matter when it comes to elections?

Neither. The right still matters. They are generally more motivated to vote than the left.
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CAA Flagship and 37 guests