Page 34 of 105

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:11 am
by Ibanez
mainejeff wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

I like pointing out hypocrisy and bullshit that I see. You, MaineJeff, Dback and Citgrad are reliably ig



Also it may be a bit of sensitivity on my part since my First and Last name make a word and i still have to hear that crap in my mid-30s. :twocents:


You don't really know any of us so just STFU.

:coffee:


I think we all know each other as well as we can, even those of us who haven't met.

Besides, you should take your own advice, dick weed.

Typical Jeff, he likes to dish it out but becomes a little bitch when someone calls him out on his own crap. I've seen this pattern for years with you.

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:13 am
by kalm
Ibanez wrote:
mainejeff wrote:By the way.....Mayor Pete will destroy Beto's candidacy. 2 younger white guys....one is smart.....one is dumb.

I like Pete, I think he can be the real deal as long as the DNC doesn't rig the primary like last time.


That's up to Pete and his willingness to dance with donors and not get too radical on smaller issues like healthcare and banking.

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:16 am
by Ibanez
kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote:I like Pete, I think he can be the real deal as long as the DNC doesn't rig the primary like last time.


That's up to Pete and his willingness to dance with donors and not get too radical on smaller issues like healthcare and banking.

It certainly is true.

He has to court people and he his has to work twice as hard b/c he's young, gay and white. The media already is making race an issue when it shouldn't be.

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:18 am
by kalm
Ibanez wrote:
kalm wrote:
Oops...sorry, IT. That was Ibanez’s post. :oops:

Again, Godwin’s Law aside, I don’t see a huge amount of intellectual dishonesty. The left hates Trump more than they should and the right (and some moderates) diminish his stupidity more than they should.

Brought to you by your local thoughtful centrist.

:mrgreen:

He's comparing Trump to Hitler. JSO is wrong. Anyone comparing any American President to Hitler is wrong. We just are not that. And 'similarities', I'm sure we can find decent, upstanding people all day and say there is something similar between them and Hitler but that doesn't make them like Hitler. I'll say it again, Mrs CCU is a vegetarian as is Lil CCU, that's something they have in common with Hitler. That doesn't make them like Hitler.

Anyone can get a crowd fired up. Obama did it. Trump does it. "random celebrity/talking head" can do it. That doesn't make you a Hitler. I've challenged JSO to give me clear examples of how Trump is like Hitler and he's failed to do so. What's that tell you?

Putting aside the holocaust, has a vast majority of the electorate come on board with Trump and his policies, allowing racial/prejudicial social policies become law?

If you're going to make a case that Trump reminds you of one of the most evil, vile, authoritative leaders we've seen in the past 100 years you better come up with something more than his ability to give a rousing speech to supporters.

Call Trump a bad leader, a prick, whatever all day. Because he is. But Hitler? He couldn't hold Hitler's jock.


Relax, Sparky. JSO just said he sees similarities right before he admits it wouldn't happen here. It's not a direct comparison...and there are some similarities from a personality and cult-like following standpoint.

I said during the campaign and I say it now: I do see similarities between the Hitler phenomenon and the Trump phenomenon. I've said all along that I don't think what happened with Hitler can happen here. I think our system is too robust. But when I see Trump and the crowds at Trump rallies that does very much remind me of the old videos of Hitler at Hitler rallies. The demagogue and the mind numbed zombies responding to his demagoguery.

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:20 am
by Ibanez
kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote:He's comparing Trump to Hitler. JSO is wrong. Anyone comparing any American President to Hitler is wrong. We just are not that. And 'similarities', I'm sure we can find decent, upstanding people all day and say there is something similar between them and Hitler but that doesn't make them like Hitler. I'll say it again, Mrs CCU is a vegetarian as is Lil CCU, that's something they have in common with Hitler. That doesn't make them like Hitler.

Anyone can get a crowd fired up. Obama did it. Trump does it. "random celebrity/talking head" can do it. That doesn't make you a Hitler. I've challenged JSO to give me clear examples of how Trump is like Hitler and he's failed to do so. What's that tell you?

Putting aside the holocaust, has a vast majority of the electorate come on board with Trump and his policies, allowing racial/prejudicial social policies become law?

If you're going to make a case that Trump reminds you of one of the most evil, vile, authoritative leaders we've seen in the past 100 years you better come up with something more than his ability to give a rousing speech to supporters.

Call Trump a bad leader, a prick, whatever all day. Because he is. But Hitler? He couldn't hold Hitler's jock.


Relax, Sparky. JSO just said he sees similarities right before he admits it wouldn't happen here. It's not a direct comparison...and there are some similarities from a personality and cult-like following standpoint.

I said during the campaign and I say it now: I do see similarities between the Hitler phenomenon and the Trump phenomenon. I've said all along that I don't think what happened with Hitler can happen here. I think our system is too robust. But when I see Trump and the crowds at Trump rallies that does very much remind me of the old videos of Hitler at Hitler rallies. The demagogue and the mind numbed zombies responding to his demagoguery.
Obama got people fired up.

In fact they were fired up AND ready to go. :coffee:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:49 am
by UNI88
mainejeff wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Jeff, CID doesn't support or excuse Trump. He does like to point out double standards and hypocrisy and his posts are usually spot on accurate.

People who disagree with you on some points aren't necessarily against you on every point.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


Could fooled me. Seems like too many of you are overly obsessed with tit for tat rather than dealing with actual issues.

:coffee:
I feel like the kettle, that makes you the pot.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:09 am
by AZGrizFan
kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote:He's comparing Trump to Hitler. JSO is wrong. Anyone comparing any American President to Hitler is wrong. We just are not that. And 'similarities', I'm sure we can find decent, upstanding people all day and say there is something similar between them and Hitler but that doesn't make them like Hitler. I'll say it again, Mrs CCU is a vegetarian as is Lil CCU, that's something they have in common with Hitler. That doesn't make them like Hitler.

Anyone can get a crowd fired up. Obama did it. Trump does it. "random celebrity/talking head" can do it. That doesn't make you a Hitler. I've challenged JSO to give me clear examples of how Trump is like Hitler and he's failed to do so. What's that tell you?

Putting aside the holocaust, has a vast majority of the electorate come on board with Trump and his policies, allowing racial/prejudicial social policies become law?

If you're going to make a case that Trump reminds you of one of the most evil, vile, authoritative leaders we've seen in the past 100 years you better come up with something more than his ability to give a rousing speech to supporters.

Call Trump a bad leader, a prick, whatever all day. Because he is. But Hitler? He couldn't hold Hitler's jock.


Relax, Sparky. JSO just said he sees similarities right before he admits it wouldn't happen here. It's not a direct comparison...and there are some similarities from a personality and cult-like following standpoint.

I said during the campaign and I say it now: I do see similarities between the Hitler phenomenon and the Trump phenomenon. I've said all along that I don't think what happened with Hitler can happen here. I think our system is too robust. But when I see Trump and the crowds at Trump rallies that does very much remind me of the old videos of Hitler at Hitler rallies. The demagogue and the mind numbed zombies responding to his demagoguery.


And yet he's blind to the same similarities with Obamabots. And apparently so are you.

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:13 am
by kalm
AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Relax, Sparky. JSO just said he sees similarities right before he admits it wouldn't happen here. It's not a direct comparison...and there are some similarities from a personality and cult-like following standpoint.



And yet he's blind to the same similarities with Obamabots. And apparently so are you.


There are going to be mindless followers behind any leader.

I don’t think Trump and Obama are very similar or at least from a personality standpoint equidistant to Hitler.

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:16 am
by AZGrizFan
kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
And yet he's blind to the same similarities with Obamabots. And apparently so are you.


There are going to be mindless followers behind any leader.

I don’t think Trump and Obama are very similar or at least from a personality standpoint equidistant to Hitler.


What does that last sentence mean? :suspicious: :suspicious:

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:20 am
by Ibanez
kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
And yet he's blind to the same similarities with Obamabots. And apparently so are you.


There are going to be mindless followers behind any leader.

I don’t think Trump and Obama are very similar or at least from a personality standpoint equidistant to Hitler.

I agree. Trump nor Obama are similar to Hitler.


Unlike the NDSAP, people aren't joining the Republican or Democratic parties out of fear for their families, livelihood and lives.

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:21 am
by kalm
AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
There are going to be mindless followers behind any leader.

I don’t think Trump and Obama are very similar or at least from a personality standpoint equidistant to Hitler.


What does that last sentence mean? :suspicious: :suspicious:


Sorry.

Trump is a slight bit more bellicose.

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:25 am
by kalm
Ibanez wrote:
kalm wrote:
There are going to be mindless followers behind any leader.

I don’t think Trump and Obama are very similar or at least from a personality standpoint equidistant to Hitler.

I agree. Trump nor Obama are similar to Hitler.


Unlike the NDSAP, people aren't joining the Republican or Democratic parties out of fear for their families, livelihood and lives.


Good point. And I’m not the one making the comparison but I understand why some people do. I think it’s still hard for some to understand how an entire nation gets brainwashed (or coerced out of fear) to the extent Germany did.

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:27 am
by BDKJMU
CID1990 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Mayor Buttfück announced his candidacy today...


You know what?

The guy bears watching. He is a liberal and I disagree with him on a number of points.

But he is the ONLY Dem candidate who talks openly about freedom and liberty - not about what we need to coerce or command people to do, but about enhancing personal liberties

I get that a lot of that is lofty platitudes, but he is literally the only candidate saying it and it is the kind of message that will peel off a LOT of normals in the Dem party


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I’m hearing out of him is platitudes and generalities. Hearing the what, but not the how. His campaign website is lacking in policy details.
https://peteforamerica.com/

Of course he’s not the only donk speaking in generalities & platitudes, saying what they’re going to do without explaining how they’re going to do it.

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:49 am
by Ibanez
BDKJMU wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
You know what?

The guy bears watching. He is a liberal and I disagree with him on a number of points.

But he is the ONLY Dem candidate who talks openly about freedom and liberty - not about what we need to coerce or command people to do, but about enhancing personal liberties

I get that a lot of that is lofty platitudes, but he is literally the only candidate saying it and it is the kind of message that will peel off a LOT of normals in the Dem party


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I’m hearing out of him is platitudes and generalities. Hearing the what, but not the how. His campaign website is lacking in policy details.
https://peteforamerica.com/

Of course he’s not the only donk speaking in generalities & platitudes, saying what they’re going to do without explaining how they’re going to do it.

Like have Mexico pay? What’s preferable? Platitudes or hyperbole?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:48 am
by Ivytalk
mainejeff wrote:By the way.....Mayor Pete will destroy Beto's candidacy. 2 younger white guys....one is smart.....one is dumb.

Harvard 1, Columbia 0. 8-)

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:49 pm
by JohnStOnge
AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Relax, Sparky. JSO just said he sees similarities right before he admits it wouldn't happen here. It's not a direct comparison...and there are some similarities from a personality and cult-like following standpoint.



And yet he's blind to the same similarities with Obamabots. And apparently so are you.


I once posted Living Color's "Cult of Personality" video here in commenting on the Obama phenomenon. But the Obama thing was not as hateful as the Trump thing. What Trump does with illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, and Muslims is similar to what Hitler did with the Jews. There's nothing like that with Obama. Obama was the "Hope and Change" guy. It was more positive. Trump is a hate and resentment guy. Also the "Make America Great Again" thing is, to me, similar to the successful effort by Hitler to play upon that kind of thing with Germany. I don't think Obama did anything like that.

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:26 pm
by BDKJMU
JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
And yet he's blind to the same similarities with Obamabots. And apparently so are you.


I once posted Living Color's "Cult of Personality" video here in commenting on the Obama phenomenon. But the Obama thing was not as hateful as the Trump thing. What Trump does with illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, and Muslims is similar to what Hitler did with the Jews. There's nothing like that with Obama. Obama was the "Hope and Change" guy. It was more positive. Trump is a hate and resentment guy. Also the "Make America Great Again" thing is, to me, similar to the successful effort by Hitler to play upon that kind of thing with Germany. I don't think Obama did anything like that.


:shock: :shock: :shock: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:18 pm
by AZGrizFan
JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
And yet he's blind to the same similarities with Obamabots. And apparently so are you.


I once posted Living Color's "Cult of Personality" video here in commenting on the Obama phenomenon. But the Obama thing was not as hateful as the Trump thing. What Trump does with illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, and Muslims is similar to what Hitler did with the Jews. There's nothing like that with Obama. Obama was the "Hope and Change" guy. It was more positive. Trump is a hate and resentment guy. Also the "Make America Great Again" thing is, to me, similar to the successful effort by Hitler to play upon that kind of thing with Germany. I don't think Obama did anything like that.

None of that window dressing changes the fact that Obamabots were worse at the cult of personality thing. There was literally NOTHING he could do wrong. They’d have elected him president for life.

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:57 pm
by kalm
AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I once posted Living Color's "Cult of Personality" video here in commenting on the Obama phenomenon. But the Obama thing was not as hateful as the Trump thing. What Trump does with illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, and Muslims is similar to what Hitler did with the Jews. There's nothing like that with Obama. Obama was the "Hope and Change" guy. It was more positive. Trump is a hate and resentment guy. Also the "Make America Great Again" thing is, to me, similar to the successful effort by Hitler to play upon that kind of thing with Germany. I don't think Obama did anything like that.

None of that window dressing changes the fact that Obamabots were worse at the cult of personality thing. There was literally NOTHING he could do wrong. They’d have elected him president for life.


These are always interesting statements. I can’t think of one person I know who was enamored with Obama. I can think of some who felt he did ok...but that’s it.

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:47 am
by mainejeff
Ibanez wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Notice how the white supremacists on this board get all riled up when Trump is compared to Hitler? They supposedly don't care about or like him.......yeah.....right. :roll:

:coffee:
You really are a fucking imbecile. The only "white supremacist" on this board might be CitGrad. Gannon, Ivy and myself are far from that. In fact, we all are fairly critical of Trump on a regular basis. We're hardly supporters. I didn't even vote for the SOB. But you would actually have to remove your head from the sand and do some reading to learn that.

You honestly are no better than Trump supporters. You've got the same mentality as them. You just root for a different team. :twocents:


You are worse than both sides. A faux "independent" voice that sees himself as above the rest of us.....on a political message board on a football website. :roll: :rofl:

:coffee:

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:48 am
by mainejeff
Gil Dobie wrote:
Ibanez wrote:He's comparing Trump to Hitler. JSO is wrong. Anyone comparing any American President to Hitler is wrong. We just are not that. And 'similarities', I'm sure we can find decent, upstanding people all day and say there is something similar between them and Hitler but that doesn't make them like Hitler. I'll say it again, Mrs CCU is a vegetarian as is Lil CCU, that's something they have in common with Hitler. That doesn't make them like Hitler.

Anyone can get a crowd fired up. Obama did it. Trump does it. "random celebrity/talking head" can do it. That doesn't make you a Hitler. I've challenged JSO to give me clear examples of how Trump is like Hitler and he's failed to do so. What's that tell you?

Putting aside the holocaust, has a vast majority of the electorate come on board with Trump and his policies, allowing racial/prejudicial social policies become law?

If you're going to make a case that Trump reminds you of one of the most evil, vile, authoritative leaders we've seen in the past 100 years you better come up with something more than his ability to give a rousing speech to supporters.

Call Trump a bad leader, a prick, whatever all day. Because he is. But Hitler? He couldn't hold Hitler's jock.


Trump reminds me of Henry VIII, not just because of his many wives and flings, but how he does his own thing, whether it's good for the country or not. And he has very little diplomacy or tact.


Maybe this country needs to come up with an official court jester. Trump would definitely fill that position quite nicely. :thumb:

:coffee:

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:53 am
by mainejeff
Ibanez wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
You don't really know any of us so just STFU.

:coffee:


I think we all know each other as well as we can, even those of us who haven't met.

Besides, you should take your own advice, dick weed.

Typical Jeff, he likes to dish it out but becomes a little bitch when someone calls him out on his own crap. I've seen this pattern for years with you.


I never mention you by name.....I don't even think about you. Obviously you are the one obsessed with certain personalities on here. Psst.....it's an Internet forum. You don't know us (the people you haven't met) from the hole in the ground. I could be a Trump voting #Deplorable for all you know. ;) :o :lol:

:coffee:

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:56 am
by mainejeff
Ibanez wrote:
kalm wrote:
Relax, Sparky. JSO just said he sees similarities right before he admits it wouldn't happen here. It's not a direct comparison...and there are some similarities from a personality and cult-like following standpoint.

Obama got people fired up.

In fact they were fired up AND ready to go. :coffee:


There's that white supremacist 'tude! :thumb:

:coffee:

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:00 am
by mainejeff
AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Relax, Sparky. JSO just said he sees similarities right before he admits it wouldn't happen here. It's not a direct comparison...and there are some similarities from a personality and cult-like following standpoint.



And yet he's blind to the same similarities with Obamabots. And apparently so are you.


I don't remember Obama sucking Putin and Kim Jong-un's dick.....attacking his political opponents with personal and racist remarks....and holding rallies where he tells his supporters to attack journalists and people with differing political views.

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:00 am
by Baldy
JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
And yet he's blind to the same similarities with Obamabots. And apparently so are you.

What Trump does with illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, and Muslims is similar to what Hitler did with the Jews.

Quoted to emphasize that JohnStOmar is the dumbest son-of-a-bitch on this forum. :nod: