Political discussions
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: National Emergency Declared!

Postby SDHornet » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:58 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:There still isn’t a crisis. Border crossings are at historical lows, most drugs come through PoE. Our immigration laws need to be enforced and we could use some extra support where it matters.

But Trump has fabricated this crisis so his low-information base won’t bail on him after he’s caved on the wall during the shutdown and caved on his promise that Mexico will pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. There IS a crisis on the southern border...Not sure a “national emergency” declaration is the path to a solution, but there most definitely IS a crisis on the border. I’ve lived in border states for the past 28 years. There’s a crisis.

This. Anyone thinking there isn't an issue with illegal immigration on the southern border is completely clueless.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby SDHornet » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:04 pm

Ivytalk wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Well, since mark won’t answer I’ll ask you...what’s your number? What number is “ok” and at what point does a crisis exist?

Let me rephrase for you, Russian. How many of Putin’s jackbooted thugs pouring across the Ukraine border is too many?

:lol:

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Postby Ivytalk » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:37 am

Looks like libertarian Justin Amash is the only GOP Congressman thus far to sign on to the Donk resolution opposing the “national emergency.” Good to see at least one nominal Republican who will stand up for Constitutional principle. :|

That said, all the Donks are political opportunists who invoke the Constitution because ... Trump. :coffee:
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Postby CID1990 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:39 am

Ivytalk wrote:Looks like libertarian Justin Amash is the only GOP Congressman thus far to sign on to the Donk resolution opposing the “national emergency.” Good to see at least one nominal Republican who will stand up for Constitutional principle. :|

That said, all the Donks are political opportunists who invoke the Constitution because ... Trump. :coffee:

HotAir called this the “How Dare You Use The Authority We Surrendered 43 Years Ago” bill

LAWL

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Postby Skjellyfetti » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:40 am

Wow. You finally removed Amash's dick from your mouth.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:26 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:Wow. You finally removed Amash's dick from your mouth.

You and your post are meaningless

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ivytalk » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:37 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:Wow. You finally removed Amash's dick from your mouth.

That was uncalled for. Amash has a better concept of liberty than you and your Russian partner put together.
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Postby Skjellyfetti » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:13 am

Not saying anything negative about Amash. :kisswink:

We're on the same side on this "National Emergency" :thumb:

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ivytalk » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:33 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:Not saying anything negative about Amash. :kisswink:

Good to hear it. Remember that post next time we have a Democratic POTUS who can’t get what (s)he wants from Congress. :twocents:

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Postby CID1990 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:07 pm

Then what were you saying?

You were doing some of your trademark shallow binary thinking again, weren’t you?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Postby BDKJMU » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:50 pm

2/21
Construction begins on 30-foot-tall border wall in San Diego

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Construction has begun on the fifth border wall project of Donald Trump's presidency, replacing up to 14 miles of barrier in San Diego.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Tuesday that the first panels are in place to replace a steel-mesh fence with steel bollards up to 30 feet high. SLSCO Ltd. of Galveston, Texas, was awarded the $101 million contract in December.

It is the second layer of barrier in San Diego. Work on replacing the first layer is nearly complete, which is also 14 miles long and made of steel bollards up to 30 feet high...”
https://www.kmov.com/construction-begin ... 6.amp.html

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby SDHornet » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:08 pm

CID1990 wrote:

Then what were you saying?

You were doing some of your trademark shallow binary thinking again, weren’t you?

Probably something about the Constitution just being a piece of paper or something. :coffee:

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ivytalk » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:56 am

BDKJMU wrote:2/21

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Construction has begun on the fifth border wall project of Donald Trump's presidency, replacing up to 14 miles of barrier in San Diego.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Tuesday that the first panels are in place to replace a steel-mesh fence with steel bollards up to 30 feet high. SLSCO Ltd. of Galveston, Texas, was awarded the $101 million contract in December.

It is the second layer of barrier in San Diego. Work on replacing the first layer is nearly complete, which is also 14 miles long and made of steel bollards up to 30 feet high...”

What’s a bollard? :?

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Postby HI54UNI » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:57 am

Ivytalk wrote:

Bollards

Bollard style border fence

All my posts are satire.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: National Emergency Declared!

Postby UNI88 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:57 am

Ivytalk wrote:

Never Mind the Bollards ...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ivytalk » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:58 am

HI54UNI wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:What’s a bollard? :?

Bollards

Bollard style border fence

Thanks. I’ve heard of collards, but dem tings ain’t no greens.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ivytalk » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:36 pm

So, 12 Republicans joined all the Senate Donks in passing the resolution to disapprove the “emergency.” Ben Sasse, the “Constitutional conservative,” tripped over his dyck on this one and claimed the resolution was overbroad. Of course, Nebraska is deep red, and Sasse is up for re-election in 2020. Very disappointing. He’s off my list. Lindsey Graham folded into the crack of Trump’s ass as well. But good on Toomey and Portman.

So Trump will cast his first veto. This saga ain’t over yet, folks.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Postby Skjellyfetti » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:43 pm

There are two checks on the executive. They won't be able to override the veto... but SCOTUS will finish it off, imo.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ivytalk » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:50 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:There are two checks on the executive. They won't be able to override the veto... but SCOTUS will finish it off, imo.

Maybe, if SCOTUS doesn’t find some lame-ass political question argument to duck it.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Postby AZGrizFan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:23 pm

I’m fine with the Senate voting this down. It’s a piss poor use of the national emergency declaration.
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

mainejeff
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Postby mainejeff » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:05 am

AZGrizFan wrote:I’m fine with the Senate voting this down. It’s a piss poor use of the national emergency declaration.

Agreed.
Go Black Bears!

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Postby Ibanez » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:34 am

Ivytalk wrote:So, 12 Republicans joined all the Senate Donks in passing the resolution to disapprove the “emergency.” Ben Sasse, the “Constitutional conservative,” tripped over his dyck on this one and claimed the resolution was overbroad. Of course, Nebraska is deep red, and Sasse is up for re-election in 2020. Very disappointing. He’s off my list. Lindsey Graham folded into the crack of Trump’s ass as well. But good on Toomey and Portman.

I noticed that Sasse had been quiet up until this week about this whole ordeal. I would've figured he'd be the first person to publicly say he'd vote it down.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ivytalk » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:37 am

Ibanez wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:So, 12 Republicans joined all the Senate Donks in passing the resolution to disapprove the “emergency.” Ben Sasse, the “Constitutional conservative,” tripped over his dyck on this one and claimed the resolution was overbroad. Of course, Nebraska is deep red, and Sasse is up for re-election in 2020. Very disappointing. He’s off my list. Lindsey Graham folded into the crack of Trump’s ass as well. But good on Toomey and Portman.

I noticed that Sasse had been quiet up until this week about this whole ordeal. I would've figured he'd be the first person to publicly say he'd vote it down.

Tillis changed his vote to “no” at the last minute, right? Another paragon of principle.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Postby Ibanez » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:39 am

Ivytalk wrote:
Ibanez wrote:I noticed that Sasse had been quiet up until this week about this whole ordeal. I would've figured he'd be the first person to publicly say he'd vote it down.

Tillis changed his vote to “no” at the last minute, right? Another paragon of principle.

I was just reading about it, the article on Politico says
The White House did appear to have sway on Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina, who initially wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post denouncing Trump's emergency declaration. But prior to the vote Tillis announced he would vote against the resolution,
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ivytalk » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:59 am

Ibanez wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Tillis changed his vote to “no” at the last minute, right? Another paragon of principle.

I was just reading about it, the article on Politico says
The White House did appear to have sway on Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina, who initially wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post denouncing Trump's emergency declaration. But prior to the vote Tillis announced he would vote against the resolution,

I guess Tillis is worried about getting primaried by a Tar Heel Trumpbot. He’s up next year as well.

Return to “Politics”