2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Political discussions
User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12334
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby GannonFan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:47 pm

89Hen wrote:Is this the thread where you guys predict 7%+ of the popular vote for the LP candidate again this election? :lol:


Somewhere around 6.93% I believe. :thumb:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 31940
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby 89Hen » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:56 pm

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote:Is this the thread where you guys predict 7%+ of the popular vote for the LP candidate again this election? :lol:


Somewhere around 6.93% I believe. :thumb:

3.96 sounds like the right number.
Image

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4810
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby UNI88 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:04 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

And casting a vote for a Libertarian means you don't understand what a Librtarian Government would actually be like :thumb:


I don't think I'd want the Libertarian Party in control of either chamber in Congress. But, I wouldn't have any problem with a libertarian or Libertarian as President. POTUS is a perfect office for a libertarian, imo.

As President, they would have a much easier time implementing their socially/civilly liberal positions and a more difficult time implementing their fiscally conservative positions.

Voted for a Libertarian candidate in 2016. Hopefully I won't feel the need again, but would have no problem doing so.
What if the libertarians picked up 10% of either or both houses of Congress? They wouldn't have full control but their cooperation would be required to get majority approval and the required compromises might bring some fiscal sanity back to our government.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 41079
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby kalm » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:24 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

And casting a vote for a Libertarian means you don't understand what a Librtarian Government would actually be like :thumb:


I don't think I'd want the Libertarian Party in control of either chamber in Congress. But, I wouldn't have any problem with a libertarian or Libertarian as President. POTUS is a perfect office for a libertarian, imo.

As President, they would have a much easier time implementing their socially/civilly liberal positions and a more difficult time implementing their fiscally conservative positions.

Voted for a Libertarian candidate in 2016. Hopefully I won't feel the need again, but would have no problem doing so.

:nod:

It’s not as if New Mexico suffered under the oppressive yoke of Gary Johnson’s two terms. IIRC he was popular with both sides.

Co-equal branches and the constraints they bring are pretty damned nice safeguards of our system.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20157
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby CID1990 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:57 pm

Ivytalk wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

And casting a vote for a Libertarian means you don't understand what a Librtarian Government would actually be like :thumb:

That may be the dumbest post you’ve ever made in here. And that’s saying something.


And then Jelly followed it up with one of the dumbest things he’s posted as well




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4472
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby mainejeff » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:38 pm

The Libertarian Party is DEAD.

You're either a Conk of a Democrat.
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 41079
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby kalm » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:46 pm

mainejeff wrote:The Libertarian Party is DEAD.

You're either a Conk of a Democrat.


So you’re either a moderate conservative or a staunch conservative?

Congrats! :ohno:
Image
Image
Image

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 21927
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby Ivytalk » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:16 pm

mainejeff wrote:The Libertarian Party is DEAD.

You're either a Conk of a Democrat.

Duopolist rubbish! :tothehand:
Anything I post passes any rational test. — John StOnge 7/12/19

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 21927
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby Ivytalk » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:18 pm

89Hen wrote:Is this the thread where you guys predict 7%+ of the popular vote for the LP candidate again this election? :lol:


You’re more like Marie Antoinette every day.
Anything I post passes any rational test. — John StOnge 7/12/19

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20157
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby CID1990 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:20 pm

One day in the near future, a LP candidate is going to pull down 1-2% of the popular vote in a couple of swing states

Chances are, those votes will be from conservative-leaning independents, and it will cost the GOP an election

We’ll see how dead MaineJearf thinks the LP is then


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12334
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby GannonFan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:48 am

mainejeff wrote:The Libertarian Party is DEAD.

You're either a Conk of a Democrat.


They took independent off of the table? :roll:

When is too soon for you to start saying "you're either with us or against us"? :lol:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4472
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby mainejeff » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:25 am

CID1990 wrote:One day in the near future, a LP candidate is going to pull down 1-2% of the popular vote in a couple of swing states

Chances are, those votes will be from conservative-leaning independents, and it will cost the GOP an election

We’ll see how dead MaineJearf thinks the LP is then


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


No need for name calling, asshole.

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4472
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby mainejeff » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:26 am

GannonFan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:The Libertarian Party is DEAD.

You're either a Conk of a Democrat.


They took independent off of the table? :roll:

When is too soon for you to start saying "you're either with us or against us"? :lol:


There's no such thing as "Independent"....and YOU know it. ;)

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49987
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby AZGrizFan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:29 am

dbackjon wrote:In 2015, mid-summer, mid day, Alex and I noted a man in full suit/tie walking on McDowell Road on the 1.5 mile stretch that runs through Papago Park - open desert, no shade, 200 foot elevation gain then loss.

Alex stopped the truck to ask if he needed help - he said no, he was running to try to get the Libertarian Nomination for President and was on his way to a LP meeting at Desert Botanical Gardens. Being the compassionate liberals we are, we drove him the 2 miles to his meeting. Needless to say he didn't win the nomination ;)


Midsummer day....McDowell Road....Phoenix, AZ...wearing a suit.

So he's a **** retard then... :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20157
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby CID1990 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:59 am

mainejeff wrote:
CID1990 wrote:One day in the near future, a LP candidate is going to pull down 1-2% of the popular vote in a couple of swing states

Chances are, those votes will be from conservative-leaning independents, and it will cost the GOP an election

We’ll see how dead MaineJearf thinks the LP is then


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


No need for name calling, asshole.

:coffee:


That’s not a name

That’s how I pronounce you
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4472
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby mainejeff » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:47 am

CID1990 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
No need for name calling, asshole.

:coffee:


That’s not a name

That’s how I pronounce you


And I pronounce you asshole.
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 42335
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby dbackjon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:41 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:In 2015, mid-summer, mid day, Alex and I noted a man in full suit/tie walking on McDowell Road on the 1.5 mile stretch that runs through Papago Park - open desert, no shade, 200 foot elevation gain then loss.

Alex stopped the truck to ask if he needed help - he said no, he was running to try to get the Libertarian Nomination for President and was on his way to a LP meeting at Desert Botanical Gardens. Being the compassionate liberals we are, we drove him the 2 miles to his meeting. Needless to say he didn't win the nomination ;)


Midsummer day....McDowell Road....Phoenix, AZ...wearing a suit.

So he's a **** retard then... :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:


Pretty much
Image
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20157
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby CID1990 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:42 pm

mainejeff wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
That’s not a name

That’s how I pronounce you


And I pronounce you asshole.


I’m OK with that, Jearf


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12047
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:01 pm

Amash leaves the Freedom Caucus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatod ... 1417232001

Hope he leaves the Republican Party next. :D
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49987
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby AZGrizFan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:32 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:Amash leaves the Freedom Caucus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatod ... 1417232001

Hope he leaves the Republican Party next. :D


"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 21927
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby Ivytalk » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:52 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:Amash leaves the Freedom Caucus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatod ... 1417232001

Hope he leaves the Republican Party next. :D


The Libertarians certainly hope so.

Analjelly, why don’t you spend some time sifting through the assholes competing for the right to represent your own sorry-assed party? :coffee:
Anything I post passes any rational test. — John StOnge 7/12/19

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20157
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby CID1990 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:22 pm

Ivytalk wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Amash leaves the Freedom Caucus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatod ... 1417232001

Hope he leaves the Republican Party next. :D


The Libertarians certainly hope so.

Analjelly, why don’t you spend some time sifting through the assholes competing for the right to represent your own sorry-assed party? :coffee:


No sh1t

It doesn’t take much looking back on this forum to see that Reek has plenty of contempt for the LP as well

Amash appears to be setting up for a LP nomination (I hope)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20157
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby CID1990 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:32 am

Amash introduces an amendment to a spending bill which would rein in FISA and return it to its original intent

And gets shot down by a wide margin, of course 175-252

Kudos to the Dems and Republicans who voted for the amendment - notably...

Ocasio-Cortez
Jim Jordan
Tulsi Gabbard


https://reason.com/2019/06/19/house-vot ... veillance/
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 21927
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby Ivytalk » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:06 am

CID1990 wrote:Amash introduces an amendment to a spending bill which would rein in FISA and return it to its original intent

And gets shot down by a wide margin, of course 175-252

Kudos to the Dems and Republicans who voted for the amendment - notably...

Ocasio-Cortez
Jim Jordan
Tulsi Gabbard


https://reason.com/2019/06/19/house-vot ... veillance/

I discussed this with my LP friends on FB yesterday. As for AOC, even a blind pig finds an acorn once in awhile.
Anything I post passes any rational test. — John StOnge 7/12/19

User avatar
Winterborn
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: 2020 Libertarian Party Nomination Process Megathread

Postby Winterborn » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:17 am

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Amash introduces an amendment to a spending bill which would rein in FISA and return it to its original intent

And gets shot down by a wide margin, of course 175-252

Kudos to the Dems and Republicans who voted for the amendment - notably...

Ocasio-Cortez
Jim Jordan
Tulsi Gabbard


https://reason.com/2019/06/19/house-vot ... veillance/

I discussed this with my LP friends on FB yesterday. As for AOC, even a blind pig finds an acorn once in awhile.


A broken clock is still right twice a day. :coffee:


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chizzang, CitadelGrad, dbackjon, Silenoz and 46 guests