Political discussions
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: AOC = Liberal Goddess

Post by Chizzang »

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CAA Flagship wrote:
93henfan wrote:
If they own items that are not guns, he could be correct.

For instance, if you own a car and a spoon and consider them non-guns, then you could claim to be a non-gun owner.
Would he also be correct for any item, except a gun, that owns a Democrat?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

:rofl: :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote:I think you're confused by what a "Classical Liberal" is
Feel free to fill me in, try and keep it to 1 page this thread though. :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:I think you're confused by what a "Classical Liberal" is
Feel free to fill me in, try and keep it to 1 page this thread though. :coffee:
Pretty much anything Thomas Jefferson was about...?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Feel free to fill me in, try and keep it to 1 page this thread though. :coffee:
Pretty much anything Thomas Jefferson was about...?
I honestly would like to know given that in this day and age leftists have lumped classical libs into the "right wing/right of center" bucket (Tim Pool, Carl Benjamin, IDW folks). But I'll wait to see what jellybelly says, maybe somehow he can weave Russia into his explanation. :coffee:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Justin Amash or other libertarians would be the closest to pure "classical liberals."

I'm not going to write you an essay, though. Read more here if you're curious.

https://mises.org/library/what-classical-liberalism
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
kalm wrote:
How is that gonna help?
Historically, open borders and free trade between humans improve economies and standards of living. You have a larger worker pool to draw from, increase your tax base, spur the competition of ideas (aka. capitalism), improve on bureaucratic inefficiencies in trading/immigration systems, give people more choices in how to improve their lives (liberty), and strengthen peace between societies.

edit: an open border doesn't mean anyone can just come in; people can still be denied entry. If anything, it more easily tracks people from other nations who enter the United States.
We already have open borders between the states...and I guarantee people are not (and cannot be) denied entry between one state and the other...and it is impossible to track people going between states unless there is a specific reason for LE to track that person...

I’ve traveled Europe with the EU open borders...it’s just like going between the states here...there is no way to track your movements...you have to go through the EU entry when you enter an EU country from a non-EU country...but once you are in, its free movement...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Not to mention that the poor, oppressed snowflakes are the same ones chanting for the elimination of guns...they gonna go take over the world with cement shakes and crowbars? :rofl: :rofl:
:roll:

I'd say half the people I know (mostly liberals) own a firearm, myself included. My gf is more liberal, feminist, more everything than me and owns one. I'd bet most liberals on here own one too. But I've yet to meet a liberal which has a fetish for a tool as much as conservatives do guns. It sits in my closet and when I feel like target shooting, it comes out. What else is there to obsess or show off about?

I care about gun control, not elimination of guns.
Wow ‘a’ firearm? Wake me up when you get up to 5...
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

BDKJMU wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: :roll:

I'd say half the people I know (mostly liberals) own a firearm, myself included. My gf is more liberal, feminist, more everything than me and owns one. I'd bet most liberals on here own one too. But I've yet to meet a liberal which has a fetish for a tool as much as conservatives do guns. It sits in my closet and when I feel like target shooting, it comes out. What else is there to obsess or show off about?

Wake me up when you have five arms.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Justin Amash or other libertarians would be the closest to pure "classical liberals."

Well shit, the four horsemen of the apocalypse must be on their way. Analboy just posted a link from mises.org.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CitadelGrad wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Justin Amash or other libertarians would be the closest to pure "classical liberals."

Well shit, the four horsemen of the apocalypse must be on their way. Analboy just posted a link from mises.org.
Careful there on the name calling Citadel...
The only certified "anal" experts around here would be the all boys school graduates (such as yourself)

:shock:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:
Well ****, the four horsemen of the apocalypse must be on their way. Analboy just posted a link from mises.org.
The only certified "anal" experts around here would be the all boys school graduates (such as yourself)

You mean a guy whose avatar is a diarrhea-brown “Analjelly” isn’t the resident expert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

You mean a guy whose avatar is a diarrhea-brown “Analjelly” isn’t the resident expert?

Well hello contestant No. 2

:rofl:

you can't even plan this better
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
SDHornet wrote: :nod:

Trump putting the attention back on AOC and what she and her ilk stand for will get him another 4 years and possibly a conk House as well.
Did you guys even read the very specific people the poll interviewed?
Yes, Treep

It was a poll of those very specific people who delivered Trump to the White House in 2016.

:coffee:

css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Col Hogan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Historically, open borders and free trade between humans improve economies and standards of living. You have a larger worker pool to draw from, increase your tax base, spur the competition of ideas (aka. capitalism), improve on bureaucratic inefficiencies in trading/immigration systems, give people more choices in how to improve their lives (liberty), and strengthen peace between societies.

edit: an open border doesn't mean anyone can just come in; people can still be denied entry. If anything, it more easily tracks people from other nations who enter the United States.
We already have open borders between the states...and I guarantee people are not (and cannot be) denied entry between one state and the other...and it is impossible to track people going between states unless there is a specific reason for LE to track that person...

I’ve traveled Europe with the EU open borders...it’s just like going between the states here...there is no way to track your movements...you have to go through the EU entry when you enter an EU country from a non-EU country...but once you are in, its free movement...
I am not sure that is a good thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: :roll:

Lots of liberals own guns, some of them qualified to the expert level. Before my eyesight went south I could have outshot anybody here with an M-16. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

he's insecure in the presence of Citadel boys
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

∞∞∞ wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Wow ‘a’ firearm? Wake me up when you get up to 5...
Wake me up when you have five arms.
:lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

mainejeff2 wrote:#ImpeachTrump.

:coffee:
That's not good enough anymore. Lock him up.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Well hello contestant No. 2

:rofl:

you can't even plan this better
I'm just disappointed we didn't get some new, creative jab at The Citadel from you... that's what I was hoping for

Really... I sometimes don't know why I read you anymore
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Don't worry, the second the antifa types bring out their guns, the following second will be the end of their little riots and the culture war will be over. Sadly given the rhetoric spewed by the leftists I think we see it come to that some time in the near future.
Nah, it's conservatives who have systemically given up on democracy, liberty, and freedom.

As history shows, the usual next step is violence...as you just suggested. If liberals march with their guns, you'll find a justification to shoot them down...as you just suggested.
Video of the "Progressive Women" refusing to condemn the nutjob antifa terrorist that tried to firebomb an ICE facility this past weekend. But I though the violence was going to come from the right? Go figure, history repeats itself once again. :coffee:

phpBB [video]
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Nah, it's conservatives who have systemically given up on democracy, liberty, and freedom.

As history shows, the usual next step is violence...as you just suggested. If liberals march with their guns, you'll find a justification to shoot them down...as you just suggested.
Video of the "Progressive Women" refusing to condemn the nutjob antifa terrorist that tried to firebomb an ICE facility this past weekend. But I though the violence was going to come from the right? Go figure, history repeats itself once again. :coffee:

phpBB [video]

This country is overdue for some serious violence in the streets. Fvck up some nazis like our fathers did, that's the ticket, not this Neville Chamberlain good people on both sides sissy shit.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Video of the "Progressive Women" refusing to condemn the nutjob antifa terrorist that tried to firebomb an ICE facility this past weekend. But I though the violence was going to come from the right? Go figure, history repeats itself once again. :coffee:

phpBB [video]

This country is overdue for some serious violence in the streets. Fvck up some nazis like our fathers did, that's the ticket, not this Neville Chamberlain good people on both sides sissy ****.
And who are these ‘nazis’ you refer to?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:
houndawg wrote:

This country is overdue for some serious violence in the streets. Fvck up some nazis like our fathers did, that's the ticket, not this Neville Chamberlain good people on both sides sissy ****.
And who are these ‘nazis’ you refer to?
The Charlottesville crowd and their ilk, Neville. :coffee:

When they're all bunched up marching with their torches hit them with some Molotov cocktails, don't light them, let their own torches provide the spark. That would be so.....poetic.