Trump and Existential Christian Fear

Political discussions
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: Trump and Existential Christian Fear

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote:It's not THEIR body we're concerned about. It's the one you don't give two ****'s about that's inside her. :dunce: :dunce:
Let's be real, you're neither concerned about her nor the baby. :roll:

Thanks for skipping over the rest of that post though...
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
meh...
It's anybody that believes something so profoundly
that they think it's more important than other peoples rights and freedoms

it's a byproduct of unyielding and unquestioning dogma (pick one)

:nod:
The difference is that in "evangelicals" they're going to come to your door and try to talk you into living like they live. If you say 'fuck off' they just go to the next house. With what's become the mainstream left, they're going to scream you into submission if you dare have a dissenting opinion of how life should be lived. If you say 'fuck off' they call in Antifa to set you straight. :lol:
I think you need to re-examine the crowd you hang out with AZ
in 2017 ANTIFA had an estimated 23,000 members nation wide
which actually made them a slightly smaller group than the number of Neo-Nazis

so about 1 in 140,000 Americans identify themselves as a ANTIFA or a NAZI
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
The difference is that in "evangelicals" they're going to come to your door and try to talk you into living like they live. If you say '**** off' they just go to the next house. With what's become the mainstream left, they're going to scream you into submission if you dare have a dissenting opinion of how life should be lived. If you say '**** off' they call in Antifa to set you straight. :lol:

And where do ANTIFA members mostly show up? At pro-Nazi/White Supremacy rallies.

It's basically a thinly-veiled gang war at this point.

Cons tend to make everything a bogeyman that's a million-people strong and a threat to befall America. I'm deeply liberal and I've never met anyone who identified with - or agreed with - ANTIFA.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

∞∞∞ wrote:
andy7171 wrote: FIFY
I want higher taxes, a severe divestment in defense funding, an investment in science, medicine, education, and technology, and better treatment/processes for all immigrants (legal or otherwise).

And how does this limits your freedoms and rights?

While on this site and throughout America, we've got plenty of people wanting to limit what jobs can be done based on their sexuality, are perfectly fine with detaining children like animals, are scared of same-sex bathrooms, want to tell women what they can do with their bodies, don't agree with the rights for workers to
create unions, and turn a blind eye to rich people robbing Americans blind. :roll:
Beyond taxes and severely divesting the defense fund, most people probably agree with you on the rest of what you want.

Most agree with you on the second paragraph also, except for sexuality & abortion. The bathroom deal falls into the sexuality slot IMO. People are not against all unions, just some of the tactics that have been used in the past. Dems also have detained children and catered to the rich. I don't care if they have done it less, they have done it.

IMO, the sexuality issue will become less and less of an issue, as people learn over time, that it's a non-issue. Abortion though, is an issue without an end. Sometimes it's a health question for the mother, most of the time it's a convenience issue for the mother. Hope this can be resolved in the future.
Last edited by Gil Dobie on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
The difference is that in "evangelicals" they're going to come to your door and try to talk you into living like they live. If you say 'fuck off' they just go to the next house. With what's become the mainstream left, they're going to scream you into submission if you dare have a dissenting opinion of how life should be lived. If you say 'fuck off' they call in Antifa to set you straight. :lol:

I'm not just talking about antifa. I'm talking about the dangers represented by the mainstream left and SJW's.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:And where do ANTIFA members mostly show up? At pro-Nazi/White Supremacy rallies.

Cons tend to make everything a bogeyman that's a million-people strong and a threat to befall America. I'm deeply liberal and I've never met anyone who identified with - or agreed with - ANTIFA.
You haven't been to Portland lately, have you? Actually I believe the true threat to America is people like YOU who want to shout down (or in Antifa's case violently beat down) anyone who has a differing opinion than yours. You and your ilk of SJW's who think it's their way or the highway...you're the true danger. Antifa is just your method of delivery for the difficult cases. :nod: :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:And where do ANTIFA members mostly show up? At pro-Nazi/White Supremacy rallies.

You haven't been to Portland lately, have you? Actually I believe the true threat to America is people like YOU who want to shout down (or in Antifa's case violently beat down) anyone who has a differing opinion than yours. You and your ilk of SJW's who think it's their way or the highway...you're the true danger. Antifa is just your method of delivery for the difficult cases. :nod: :nod:
Do you ever listen to yourself? We're cut from the same cloth.

But you shout 'cause of a belief that capitalism is the vessel to the promise land, and damn be anything that gets in its path. I believe compassion is the vessel and damn be the things that get in its path.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Do you ever listen to yourself? We're cut from the same cloth.

But you shout 'cause of a belief that capitalism is the vessel to the promise land, and damn be anything that gets in its path. I believe compassion is the vessel and damn be the things that get in its path.
Really? You've espoused against capitalism and the constitution here for quite a long time. Whats this sudden "compassion" angle?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Do you ever listen to yourself? We're cut from the same cloth.

Really? You've espoused against capitalism and the constitution here for quite a long time. Whats this sudden "compassion" angle?
The two are not mutually exclusive. Where do you think my disappointment of the system we have stems from? It has the uncanny ability to throw voices away and treat people like trash. :?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

And I'm not against capitalism. It's (currently) the best economic method mankind's created. Our system needs to be retooled so that capitalism doesn't stream roll the fruits of American labor.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote:And I'm not against capitalism. It's (currently) the best economic method mankind's created. Our system needs to be retooled so that capitalism doesn't stream roll the fruits of American labor.
Stream roll... Is that a new thing on the interwebs?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
From what I've read and seen, he wants to build a wall to slow the flow of illegals, and have them come into the country legally.
He's been slashing legal immigration.
In what way?

There has been no change to allocations on family-preference immigration visas and immediate relative immigrant visas. Those make up the lion’s share of legal immigration into the country. You can’t “slash” legal immigration without taking a bite out of those.

Please post your link so I can show you how you have misinterpreted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Ok, Mr. Pedantic. I should have said "cutting" instead of "slashing" if you take such an exception to a ~10% decline as "slashing."

Trump has been cutting legal immigration. Still disagree? Are immigrant visas issued up or down since 2016?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

I'm not just talking about antifa. I'm talking about the dangers represented by the mainstream left and SJW's.
I hear you loud and clear - I believe the Trump election is a knee jerk reaction against SJW crazy left-isms
and I find them only slightly more annoying than our President

we're divided pretty hard as a country right now
and everybody on one side sees everybody else on the other side as "The Problem"

when really the problem is simply the divide itself

Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I hear you loud and clear - I believe the Trump election is a knee jerk reaction against SJW crazy left-isms

and everybody on one side sees everybody else on the other side as "The Problem"

Yep. The whole "convince them the two parties are different so they can tear each other apart while we fuck them all in the ass" long-con has really come to fruition.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Yep. The whole "convince them the two parties are different so they can tear each other apart while we fuck them all in the ass" long-con has really come to fruition.
Totally ...
As proof in the point made earlier that we've now got a class of poor people - that hate poor people
and are anti-poor in the way they vote

You can't even make a better scenario up for Mega Corp Domination

It's absolutely amazing
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Ok, Mr. Pedantic. I should have said "cutting" instead of "slashing."

Still disagree? Are immigrant visas issued up or down since 2016?
False flag

Boy you’re working your way through the list of fallacious logic these days-

Immigrant visa applications are 100% demand based for IRs, and numerically limited by the INA for F visas, but also demand based. Immigrant visa applications, without looking, are down slightly. At least they are in the posts that I am familiar with.

That has ZERO to do with any kind of action or pressure from the government. IV applications go up and down based on factors usually associated with comparative economies, and home country conditions.

What immigrant visas have been “cut” by Donald Trump? I’m sure there is some obscure IV class for the cousins of Radio Free Asia broadcasters that went away... maybe you can find it

BTW- it’s not pedantic- you made a statement that is false. That is hardly a small detail.

I think you have fulfilled your quota of being full of sh1t for the day

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Ok, Mr. Pedantic.
DAMN. I learned yet ANOTHER new word by frequenting this forum!
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Ok, Mr. Pedantic.
You also learned the incorrect application of it.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
You also learned the incorrect application of it.

Not yet. I just saw the word and looked it up.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
The two are not mutually exclusive. Where do you think my disappointment of the system we have stems from? It has the uncanny ability to throw voices away and treat people like trash. :?
But it does it less horribly than literally any other system that’s ever been tried on the planet. And yet, you and yours want us to move closer to THOSE systems, when we should be moving FURTHER from them.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:And I'm not against capitalism. It's (currently) the best economic method mankind's created. Our system needs to be retooled so that capitalism doesn't stream roll the fruits of American labor.
Stream roll... Is that a new thing on the interwebs?
Can I get a stream roll please?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
He's been slashing legal immigration.
In what way?

There has been no change to allocations on family-preference immigration visas and immediate relative immigrant visas. Those make up the lion’s share of legal immigration into the country. You can’t “slash” legal immigration without taking a bite out of those.

Immigration visa's peaked in 2016, the only number during Obama's tenure that exceeded Trumps numbers.

From the State Department Site, immigrant visa's for each year since 1996
1996 423,440
1997 416,919
1998 375,683
1999 413,662
2000 413,521
2001 406,080
2002 389,157
2003 364,813
2004 379,426
2005 402,248
2006 449,103
2007 434,412
2008 470,100
2009 468,770
2010 482,053
2011 476,249
2012 482,300
2013 473,143
2014 467,374
2015 531,472
2016 625,344
2017 575,902
2018 550,930
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote:
andy7171 wrote: FIFY
I want higher taxes, a severe divestment in defense funding, an investment in science, medicine, education, and technology, and better treatment/processes for all immigrants (legal or otherwise).

And how does this limits your freedoms and rights?

While on this site and throughout America, we've got plenty of people wanting to limit what jobs can be done based on their sexuality, are perfectly fine with detaining children like animals, are scared of same-sex bathrooms, want to tell women what they can do with their bodies, don't agree with the rights for workers to create unions, and turn a blind eye to rich people robbing Americans blind. :roll:
:dunce:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
In what way?

Immigration visa's peaked in 2016, the only number during Obama's tenure that exceeded Trumps numbers.

From the State Department Site, immigrant visa's for each year since 1996
1996 423,440
1997 416,919
1998 375,683
1999 413,662
2000 413,521
2001 406,080
2002 389,157
2003 364,813
2004 379,426
2005 402,248
2006 449,103
2007 434,412
2008 470,100
2009 468,770
2010 482,053
2011 476,249
2012 482,300
2013 473,143
2014 467,374
2015 531,472
2016 625,344
2017 575,902
2018 550,930
All of those fluctuations have been largely demand based.

I happen to know what was behind the 2016 spike... let’s see if Genius Jelly can figure it out