Page 2 of 4

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:39 pm
by kalm
CID1990 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:I trust "Third Party" candidates even less than Ds or Rs now after 2016.


Why?

The Dem nominee is going to be a third party candidate, carpetbagging on the DNC

And you’ll vote for him

So you don’t have THAT much of a problem with it


No shit. Why indeed?

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:54 pm
by CID1990
dbackjon wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Many of the Freedom Caucus guys have been co-opted by Trump. Amash has been keeping a safe distance from the Meadows-Jordan gang, even if he’s technically a FC member.

The "Freedom Caucus" is the worst part of Congress, bar none - full of White Supremacists like Andy Biggs, Louis Gohmert, Paul Gosar, Matt Gaetz, Debbie Lesko, etc. The majority have the intellectual brain power of a two year old, and each make statements far dumber and anti-American than anything AOC is accused of.

Amash would be better served staying far away from them.


I’m referring to the libertarian wing of the group- which is pretty much just three or four members

But let’s face it - a LOT of people are going to be characterized as white nationalists today that would not have been just a short time ago... if I’m in opposition to identity progressivism that makes me a white nationalist.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:56 pm
by AZGrizFan
CID1990 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:The "Freedom Caucus" is the worst part of Congress, bar none - full of White Supremacists like Andy Biggs, Louis Gohmert, Paul Gosar, Matt Gaetz, Debbie Lesko, etc. The majority have the intellectual brain power of a two year old, and each make statements far dumber and anti-American than anything AOC is accused of.

Amash would be better served staying far away from them.


I’m referring to the libertarian wing of the group- which is pretty much just three or four members

But let’s face it - a LOT of people are going to be characterized as white nationalists today that would not have been just a short time ago... if I’m in opposition to identity progressivism that makes me a white nationalist.


:nod: :nod: :nod:

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:56 pm
by AZGrizFan
dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
she must just be better at promoting herself. I've literally never heard of a single one of those people.


Three of them are Congresspeople from Arizona, one from Texas. But then again, FoxNews fixates on AOC, and doesn't show the racist and idiotic crap the GOP does, so you wouldn't know :nod: :kisswink:


I don't watch Fox news. In fact, i don't watch any news. :kisswink:

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:59 pm
by dbackjon
CID1990 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:The "Freedom Caucus" is the worst part of Congress, bar none - full of White Supremacists like Andy Biggs, Louis Gohmert, Paul Gosar, Matt Gaetz, Debbie Lesko, etc. The majority have the intellectual brain power of a two year old, and each make statements far dumber and anti-American than anything AOC is accused of.

Amash would be better served staying far away from them.


I’m referring to the libertarian wing of the group- which is pretty much just three or four members

But let’s face it - a LOT of people are going to be characterized as white nationalists today that would not have been just a short time ago... if I’m in opposition to identity progressivism that makes me a white nationalist.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Incorrect - and by making statements like that you absolve the white nationalists like Gosar/Goehmert/Biggs that travel overseas and meet with neo-Nazis in Europe.

It's a real issue whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:59 pm
by dbackjon
AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:
Three of them are Congresspeople from Arizona, one from Texas. But then again, FoxNews fixates on AOC, and doesn't show the racist and idiotic crap the GOP does, so you wouldn't know :nod: :kisswink:


I don't watch Fox news. In fact, i don't watch any news. :kisswink:


That explains quite a bit, actually :kisswink:

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:10 pm
by AZGrizFan
dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I don't watch Fox news. In fact, i don't watch any news. :kisswink:


That explains quite a bit, actually :kisswink:

:D

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:10 pm
by AZGrizFan
dbackjon wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I’m referring to the libertarian wing of the group- which is pretty much just three or four members

But let’s face it - a LOT of people are going to be characterized as white nationalists today that would not have been just a short time ago... if I’m in opposition to identity progressivism that makes me a white nationalist.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Incorrect - and by making statements like that you absolve the white nationalists like Gosar/Goehmert/Biggs that travel overseas and meet with neo-Nazis in Europe.

It's a real issue whether you want to acknowledge it or not.


What about the terrorists in the Dem caucus? Do you want to acknowledge them, or not? :coffee: :coffee:

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:19 pm
by CID1990
dbackjon wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I’m referring to the libertarian wing of the group- which is pretty much just three or four members

But let’s face it - a LOT of people are going to be characterized as white nationalists today that would not have been just a short time ago... if I’m in opposition to identity progressivism that makes me a white nationalist.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Incorrect - and by making statements like that you absolve the white nationalists like Gosar/Goehmert/Biggs that travel overseas and meet with neo-Nazis in Europe.

It's a real issue whether you want to acknowledge it or not.


No, Jon- I don’t absolve them of anything. And don’t play those “silence is aporoval” child games with me. The reality is that the left boxes a lot of people who are not white nationalists into that corner. It is the same game played by Antifa which labels everyone not them as Nazis


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:37 pm
by UNI88
CID1990 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:
Incorrect - and by making statements like that you absolve the white nationalists like Gosar/Goehmert/Biggs that travel overseas and meet with neo-Nazis in Europe.

It's a real issue whether you want to acknowledge it or not.


No, Jon- I don’t absolve them of anything. And don’t play those “silence is aporoval” child games with me. The reality is that the left boxes a lot of people who are not white nationalists into that corner. It is the same game played by Antifa which labels everyone not them as Nazis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I agree with Jon that white nationalism is a problem. I also think that Trump likes to fan those flames. The left is too liberal with the label and that dilutes the ability to counter the hatred. It also doesn't help that many on the left counter with hatred toward whites especially males.

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:17 pm
by CID1990
UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
No, Jon- I don’t absolve them of anything. And don’t play those “silence is approval” child games with me. The reality is that the left boxes a lot of people who are not white nationalists into that corner. It is the same game played by Antifa which labels everyone not them as Nazis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I agree with Jon that white nationalism is a problem. I also think that Trump likes to fan those flames. The left is too liberal with the label and that dilutes the ability to counter the hatred. It also doesn't help that many on the left counter with hatred toward whites especially males.


I never said it wasn't a problem. But I'm not playing semantic games over who is or who isn't a "white nationalist" based on some metric decided on by people who are equally crass. And I'm also not ever going to qualify anything I say or do or criticize to fend off the accusations of people who are continually changing the lexicon on who is a deplorable.

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:52 am
by mainejeff
CID1990 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:I trust "Third Party" candidates even less than Ds or Rs now after 2016.


Why?

The Dem nominee is going to be a third party candidate, carpetbagging on the DNC

And you’ll vote for him

So you don’t have THAT much of a problem with it


Anointing Sanders? You will be seriously disappointed.

:coffee:

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:54 am
by mainejeff
AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:The "Freedom Caucus" is the worst part of Congress, bar none - full of White Supremacists like Andy Biggs, Louis Gohmert, Paul Gosar, Matt Gaetz, Debbie Lesko, etc. The majority have the intellectual brain power of a two year old, and each make statements far dumber and anti-American than anything AOC is accused of.

Amash would be better served staying far away from them.


she must just be better at promoting herself. I've literally never heard of a single one of those people.


The guy from Arizona has literally never heard of his own Congressional reps..... :roll:

Good grief. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

#Deplorables

:coffee:

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:56 am
by mainejeff
AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:
Three of them are Congresspeople from Arizona, one from Texas. But then again, FoxNews fixates on AOC, and doesn't show the racist and idiotic crap the GOP does, so you wouldn't know :nod: :kisswink:


I don't watch Fox news. In fact, i don't watch any news. :kisswink:


No....you just read Right Wing blogs & propaganda. Congrats stable genius! :kisswink:

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:26 am
by Ibanez
mainejeff wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I don't watch Fox news. In fact, i don't watch any news. :kisswink:


No....you just read Right Wing blogs & propaganda. Congrats stable genius! :kisswink:

mainejeff wrote:
You don't really know any of us so just STFU.

:coffee:

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:26 am
by Ibanez
mainejeff wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
she must just be better at promoting herself. I've literally never heard of a single one of those people.


The guy from Arizona has literally never heard of his own Congressional reps..... :roll:

Good grief. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

#Deplorables

:coffee:

AZ has lived in Texas for a few years now.

mainejeff wrote:
You don't really know any of us so just STFU.

:coffee:

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:34 am
by CID1990
mainejeff wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Why?

The Dem nominee is going to be a third party candidate, carpetbagging on the DNC

And you’ll vote for him

So you don’t have THAT much of a problem with it


Anointing Sanders? You will be seriously disappointed.

:coffee:


If the primary was today, Sanders is the guy- bank it.

The oppo is swirling around Joe and even Buttigieg... and right now Bernie is polling higher than anybody. Aside from the fact he’s a self proclaimed socialist (something Dems very recently used to disavow) he has no real skeletons in his closet or the Clinton machine would have dug them out.

He’s your self-immolation, MJ... it is all happening in slow-mo right now but if Tio Jose and Buttigieg don’t get off the pot he’s going to be the nominee... and any hope of Trump being ousted is going to disappear faster than you can say “proletariat”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:11 am
by AZGrizFan
mainejeff wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I don't watch Fox news. In fact, i don't watch any news. :kisswink:


No....you just read Right Wing blogs & propaganda. Congrats stable genius! :kisswink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can honestly say I've read MAYYYYYBE two blogs in my life. Listened to my first podcast the other day.

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:52 am
by Ivytalk
CID1990 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
Anointing Sanders? You will be seriously disappointed.

:coffee:


If the primary was today, Sanders is the guy- bank it.

The oppo is swirling around Joe and even Buttigieg... and right now Bernie is polling higher than anybody. Aside from the fact he’s a self proclaimed socialist (something Dems very recently used to disavow) he has no real skeletons in his closet or the Clinton machine would have dug them out.

He’s your self-immolation, MJ... it is all happening in slow-mo right now but if Tio Jose and Buttigieg don’t get off the pot he’s going to be the nominee... and any hope of Trump being ousted is going to disappear faster than you can say “proletariat”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My money’s still on Creepy Uncle Joe. My guess is that he’s still trying to line up donors. Why else would he wait so long to announce? He ain’t getting any younger, but he’s tight as a tick.

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:06 pm
by CID1990
Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
If the primary was today, Sanders is the guy- bank it.

The oppo is swirling around Joe and even Buttigieg... and right now Bernie is polling higher than anybody. Aside from the fact he’s a self proclaimed socialist (something Dems very recently used to disavow) he has no real skeletons in his closet or the Clinton machine would have dug them out.

He’s your self-immolation, MJ... it is all happening in slow-mo right now but if Tio Jose and Buttigieg don’t get off the pot he’s going to be the nominee... and any hope of Trump being ousted is going to disappear faster than you can say “proletariat”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My money’s still on Creepy Uncle Joe. My guess is that he’s still trying to line up donors. Why else would he wait so long to announce? He ain’t getting any younger, but he’s tight as a tick.


He’s having an NDA fight with a mother who leaked the filming of his campaign ad... because she was filming her kid in the ad

I thought only The Donald did NDAs?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:20 pm
by JohnStOnge
CID1990 wrote:If the primary was today, Sanders is the guy- bank it.

The oppo is swirling around Joe and even Buttigieg... and right now Bernie is polling higher than anybody.


If you take the ones that have announced Sanders is polling highest. But if you include Biden, remarkably even after all the recent crap, Biden is polling higher both within the Democratic party and in terms of head to head against Trump.

I would not count Buttigieg out. He is very impressive. And I think the way he just goes with being homosexual might help him in the Democrat primaries.

Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:37 pm
by CID1990
JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:If the primary was today, Sanders is the guy- bank it.

The oppo is swirling around Joe and even Buttigieg... and right now Bernie is polling higher than anybody.


If you take the ones that have announced Sanders is polling highest. But if you include Biden, remarkably even after all the recent crap, Biden is polling higher both within the Democratic party and in terms of head to head against Trump.

I would not count Buttigieg out. He is very impressive. And I think the way he just goes with being homosexual might help him in the Democrat primaries.


Sanders is going to be the nominee, John

I don’t see Biden surviving the attacks on his handsiness


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:11 am
by mainejeff
Ibanez wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
The guy from Arizona has literally never heard of his own Congressional reps..... :roll:

Good grief. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

#Deplorables

:coffee:

AZ has lived in Texas for a few years now.




Next stop....Alabama? :roll:

:coffee:

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:18 am
by mainejeff
JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:If the primary was today, Sanders is the guy- bank it.

The oppo is swirling around Joe and even Buttigieg... and right now Bernie is polling higher than anybody.


If you take the ones that have announced Sanders is polling highest. But if you include Biden, remarkably even after all the recent crap, Biden is polling higher both within the Democratic party and in terms of head to head against Trump.

I would not count Buttigieg out. He is very impressive. And I think the way he just goes with being homosexual might help him in the Democrat primaries.


A Biden/Buttigieg combo would be a perfect campaign scenario battling Trump/Pence.......it would be EPIC!

That being said.....it would be a HUGE problem on voting day turning out people of color & women on the Dem side. Right now my money is on a Biden/Harris ticket.

Re: Justin Amash - Libertarian Candidate for President?

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:18 am
by mainejeff
CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
If you take the ones that have announced Sanders is polling highest. But if you include Biden, remarkably even after all the recent crap, Biden is polling higher both within the Democratic party and in terms of head to head against Trump.

I would not count Buttigieg out. He is very impressive. And I think the way he just goes with being homosexual might help him in the Democrat primaries.


Sanders is going to be the nominee, John

I don’t see Biden surviving the attacks on his handsiness


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Trump has made this stuff a non-issue.

:coffee: