Trump no matter what
35%
The Democrat no matter what
27%
Third Party/Independent/Write-in/Blank no matter what
19%
Trump, unless the donks nominate ___, which is unlikely
3%
The Democrat, unless the donks nominate ____, which is unlikely.
No votes
Third Party or Independent, unless the donks nominate ____, which is unlikely.
8%
Fvck dis Schit what's the point 2020
8%

Total votes: 37

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: April 2019 Presidential Preference Poll

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

93henfan wrote:If I do vote, it won't be for Trump. That's all I know right now. You don't get my vote when you declare war on me and my family.
Now you sound like a gay..... Or a woman

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: April 2019 Presidential Preference Poll

Post by 93henfan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
93henfan wrote:If I do vote, it won't be for Trump. That's all I know right now. You don't get my vote when you declare war on me and my family.
Now you sound like a gay..... Or a woman

Cool story.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Re: April 2019 Presidential Preference Poll

Post by bluehenbillk »

It's bad when there are no good options....again
Make Delaware Football Great Again
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Pwns wrote:
89Hen wrote: And here we go again. :roll: :coffee:
Who are you for if it's Bernie versus Trump?
The here we go again is for the crowd that thinks a vote for a third party candidate is noble or brave. It's not. It doesn't send a message. It's not noble. It's just a feel good moment for yourself. I will probably write in, just like I did last time. But I don't kid myself that I'm making some kind of stand.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

GannonFan wrote:Well, I'm not voting Trump, so it's the Democrat unless they're crazy, but that could be likely, so I don't see the option clearly defined.
Possible crazies....Sanders, Beto, Warren. I'd vote for all of them over the insane Trump.

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

89Hen wrote:
Pwns wrote:
The here we go again is for the crowd that thinks a vote for a third party candidate is noble or brave. It's not. It doesn't send a message. It's not noble. It's just a feel good moment for yourself. I will probably write in, just like I did last time. But I don't kid myself that I'm making some kind of stand.
Even if you write in, Hen, you make some kind of stand. That’s the point. Third parties offer some type of ideological core around which individual “stands” can coalesce.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

89Hen wrote:
Pwns wrote:
Amen! For once I agree with you! :o :o :o

Go Black Bears!
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

mainejeff wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Well, I'm not voting Trump, so it's the Democrat unless they're crazy, but that could be likely, so I don't see the option clearly defined.
Possible crazies....Sanders, Beto, Warren. I'd vote for all of them over the insane Trump.

You’d vote for them over the most moderate Republican too, Jeff - so big deal

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you won't be voting Dem either, then?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote:
Pwns wrote:
Who are you to say WHY I vote third party? It's certainly not because I think it's "noble" or "brave". It's because the two parties we HAVE are corrupted beyond repair, and I align more closely with the person I end up voting for almost every single time. It's not because I want a "feel good moment".

But I will admit, I DO feel better knowing I didn't vote for Hildabeast or the Orange Man. 8-) 8-)
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Democrats at least overruled Trump's pay freeze to give my family a very meager cost of living adjustment. They also are refusing to add his draconian federal retirement cuts to the budget.

Make no mistake, Trump is at war with federal employees. I will do whatever I can to maximize the chances he is not re-elected. I will always take care of #1 first. My family is more important to me than anything else. I doubt I'll ever vote Republican again in my life. The pointless shutdown and the rhetoric accompanying it were a sea change for me. I don't forget or forgive. Call it a personality flaw.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

93henfan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Democrats at least overruled Trump's pay freeze to give my family a very meager cost of living adjustment. They also are refusing to add his draconian federal retirement cuts to the budget.

Make no mistake, Trump is at war with federal employees. I will do whatever I can to maximize the chances he is not re-elected. I will always take care of #1 first. My family is more important to me than anything else. I doubt I'll ever vote Republican again in my life. The pointless shutdown and the rhetoric accompanying it were a sea change for me. I don't forget or forgive. Call it a personality flaw.
Stack up the tax cut against the "pay freeze". See if you came out ahead.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Stack up the tax cut against the "pay freeze". See if you came out ahead.
A temporary win that increased the federal debt. That'll completely screw over our kids. Some day, the reckoning is coming to all of us for Trump's corporate and billionaire welfare program. :nod:

Pretty much every billionaire out there (Gates, Buffett, etc) will tell you that they should be paying more and not less taxes for the long term health of the country.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ivytalk wrote:
89Hen wrote: The here we go again is for the crowd that thinks a vote for a third party candidate is noble or brave. It's not. It doesn't send a message. It's not noble. It's just a feel good moment for yourself. I will probably write in, just like I did last time. But I don't kid myself that I'm making some kind of stand.
Even if you write in, Hen, you make some kind of stand. That’s the point. Third parties offer some type of ideological core around which individual “stands” can coalesce.
We will have to disagree.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: The here we go again is for the crowd that thinks a vote for a third party candidate is noble or brave. It's not. It doesn't send a message. It's not noble. It's just a feel good moment for yourself. I will probably write in, just like I did last time. But I don't kid myself that I'm making some kind of stand.
Who are you to say WHY I vote third party? It's certainly not because I think it's "noble" or "brave". It's because the two parties we HAVE are corrupted beyond repair, and I align more closely with the person I end up voting for almost every single time. It's not because I want a "feel good moment".

But I will admit, I DO feel better knowing I didn't vote for Hildabeast or the Orange Man. 8-) 8-)
Really? So telling folks to "have a spine" isn't telling folks that it's somehow brave to vote that way? Yeah, OK. :coffee:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: April 2019 Presidential Preference Poll

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

93henfan wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Now you sound like a gay..... Or a woman

Cool story.
Is it

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

bluehenbillk wrote:It's bad when there are no good options....again
So who do you think is a good option?

If you could convince 5 people to throw their names in the Dem Primary (because Trump has the GOP nomination locked down), who would you convince?
:thumb:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
Pwns wrote:
It's not noble or brave, it doesn't send a message and I don't make a stand. It's about peace of mind.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:
It's not noble or brave, it doesn't send a message and I don't make a stand. It's about peace of mind.
And I'm absolutely fine with that. :thumb:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dbackjon wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:It's bad when there are no good options....again

If you could convince 5 people to throw their names in the Dem Primary (because Trump has the GOP nomination locked down), who would you convince?
Tulsi Gabbard, the young female Bernie Sanders.

Last edited by Gil Dobie on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Image :D
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Gil Dobie wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Ugh - I don't trust her.
:thumb:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dbackjon wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

Ugh - I don't trust her.
Can't trust any politician, can we?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Really? So telling folks to "have a spine" isn't telling folks that it's somehow brave to vote that way? Yeah, OK. :coffee:
I'm saying vote your conscience. Is that really that difficult to comprehend? Saying "I'm a third party guy but I don't want to waste my vote" is more damning than voting for a third party guy with (assumingly) no chance of winning.

Voting for one of the two major parties is literally throwing your vote away because there's NO difference other than semantics.

But hey, you do you bro.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Really? So telling folks to "have a spine" isn't telling folks that it's somehow brave to vote that way? Yeah, OK. :coffee:
I'm saying vote your conscience. Is that really that difficult to comprehend? Saying "I'm a third party guy but I don't want to waste my vote" is more damning than voting for a third party guy with (assumingly) no chance of winning.

Voting for one of the two major parties is literally throwing your vote away because there's NO difference other than semantics.

But hey, you do you bro.
:nod:

And nothing changes.

It’s like the old Yogi Berra line...if you don’t go to other people’s funerals they won’t go to yours.

(I’m actually not sure if the two concepts are alike at all but since I’m quoting Z it seemed like a good fit here :mrgreen: )