The Biggest Loser

Political discussions
User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4472
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

The Biggest Loser

Postby mainejeff » Wed May 08, 2019 3:21 am

Go Black Bears!

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15093
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:37 am

I though you were looking in a mirror.........

Continue

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4472
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby mainejeff » Wed May 08, 2019 4:39 am

The "Art of the Deal".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42511
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby kalm » Wed May 08, 2019 5:41 am

Maybe that's why he ran for president. He's broke. He's the real estate equivalent of Roman from the Great Outdoors.

This part is also funny,

The new information also suggests that Mr. Trump’s 1990 collapse might have struck several years earlier if not for his brief side career posing as a corporate raider. From 1986 through 1988, while his core businesses languished under increasingly unsupportable debt, Mr. Trump made millions of dollars in the stock market by suggesting that he was about to take over companies. But the figures show that he lost most, if not all, of those gains after investors stopped taking his takeover talk seriously.


:lol:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18105
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby Chizzang » Wed May 08, 2019 8:16 am

I think you guys might be missing something really important...

1) He's the president of the United States
2) He's enriching himself and setting up his family every day while he's in office
3) He may have been elected with a few hundred million but when he leaves office he'll be a billionaire
4) He'll get the last laugh
5) and all the laughs in between

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 33491
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby 89Hen » Wed May 08, 2019 9:20 am

Chizzang wrote:I think you guys might be missing something really important...

1) He's the president of the United States
2) He's enriching himself and setting up his family every day while he's in office
3) He may have been elected with a few hundred million but when he leaves office he'll be a billionaire
4) He'll get the last laugh
5) and all the laughs in between

:nod:

Like everyone before him.

Image
Image

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34582
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby CAA Flagship » Wed May 08, 2019 9:30 am

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:I think you guys might be missing something really important...

1) He's the president of the United States
2) He's enriching himself and setting up his family every day while he's in office
3) He may have been elected with a few hundred million but when he leaves office he'll be a billionaire
4) He'll get the last laugh
5) and all the laughs in between

:nod:

Like everyone before him.

Image

I'm surprised he hasn't made more from Corporate Boards.

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21679
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby CID1990 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:46 pm

Outside of the fact that this is years old news (didn’t he actually write about it in his book?)


Sounds like he might be one of the most qualified people ever to preside over trillions in debt

:coffee:


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17614
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby JohnStOnge » Wed May 08, 2019 4:15 pm

The point is that the idea that he was/is a great businessman is a myth. He was able to maintain things becuase he had a rich Daddy to help him out when he screwed up. He also had one bank that for some reason would continue to deal with him when all the other banks wouldn't.

We didn't really need this latest story to tell us he was/is not a great businessman. But it's another spate of confirmation data.

The country is just lucky that, given that there were enough idiots that would vote for somebody like that to allow him to win the Electoral College, he took over when everything was going well and there have been no serious challenges during his Presidency. So far, we've not suffered serious consequences by virtue of having a totally incompetent President.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21679
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby CID1990 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:50 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:The point is that the idea that he was/is a great businessman is a myth. He was able to maintain things becuase he had a rich Daddy to help him out when he screwed up. He also had one bank that for some reason would continue to deal with him when all the other banks wouldn't.

We didn't really need this latest story to tell us he was/is not a great businessman. But it's another spate of confirmation data.

The country is just lucky that, given that there were enough idiots that would vote for somebody like that to allow him to win the Electoral College, he took over when everything was going well and there have been no serious challenges during his Presidency. So far, we've not suffered serious consequences by virtue of having a totally incompetent President.


All common knowledge since the 1990s or earlier.

Why are we recycling old knowns about Trump two years after he won the election?

Surely there’s new, previously unknown things to dissect in agonizing detail


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15093
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:27 pm

Nope, its all irrelevant BS since they have NOTHING so they are trying to weaponize past info to keep the smokescreen going for the sheep (JSO)
Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42511
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby kalm » Wed May 08, 2019 6:41 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Nope, its all irrelevant BS since they have NOTHING so they are trying to weaponize past info to keep the smokescreen going for the sheep (JSO)


How dare they weaponize the long history of a shitty real estate developer who lost a billion and who only one bank and a few Russian oligarchs will lend money to. :lol:

Seems legit.

I know I’d lend him some dough or have him run my organization! :rofl:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4472
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby mainejeff » Thu May 09, 2019 4:13 am

Chizzang wrote:I think you guys might be missing something really important...

1) He's the president of the United States
2) He's enriching himself and setting up his family every day while he's in office
3) He may have been elected with a few hundred million but when he leaves office he'll be a billionaire
4) He'll get the last laugh
5) and all the laughs in between

:nod:


I'll give Trump credit for one thing.....he has got no conscience and that is the PERFECT quality to have as a politician.....especially being in the top position in government. :thumb: He won't pay for his sins and he'll go to his grave with a big fat orange smile on his face. Things won't be so great for his kids and grandkids though. Their wealth & popularity will dwindle as facts come to light and everyone spills the beans to save themselves. But as if the Donald cares about his family (well except maybe Ivanka ;) ). :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42511
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby kalm » Thu May 09, 2019 7:41 am

Saw this on FB:

Q: How do you make a million dollars?
A: Give Trump a billion dollars!
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34582
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby CAA Flagship » Thu May 09, 2019 7:45 am

kalm wrote:Saw this on FB:

Q: How do you make a million dollars?
A: Give Trump a billion dollars!

:? How does that make YOU a million dollars?
This must be FB reasoning.

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5902
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby UNI88 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:49 am

Why is this a surprise? Everything Trump does he does biggly and he lost money biggly. It's actually proof that he's the best at everything he does.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42511
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby kalm » Thu May 09, 2019 8:00 am

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:Saw this on FB:

Q: How do you make a million dollars?
A: Give Trump a billion dollars!

:? How does that make YOU a million dollars?
This must be FB reasoning.


You are exactly the kind of investor he’s looking for. Call him!
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5902
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby UNI88 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:22 am

kalm wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: :? How does that make YOU a million dollars?
This must be FB reasoning.


I am exactly the kind of investor he’s looking for. I'm going to call him!


FYP :D

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
mainejeff
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4472
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby mainejeff » Thu May 09, 2019 8:53 am

Glub glub.

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15665
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby BDKJMU » Thu May 09, 2019 9:07 am

So in 1985-1994, a period 34-25 years ago, paid income taxes 2 of those 10 years. Yuge losses might have been just from a few years but spread out over the decade. Overall he lost $$ bigly.

2005 tax return info leaked by MSNBC. Paid 38 million in taxes on 150 million in income.
https://www.businessinsider.com/rachel- ... nbc-2017-3

Bottom line, for the last 25 years, only have 1 year of Trump's tax info.

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42511
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: RE: Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby kalm » Thu May 09, 2019 10:17 am

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:
I am exactly the kind of investor he’s looking for. I'm going to call him!


FYP :D

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


Portland has changed you. You're as unbearable as Cleets or Flaggy now... :ohno:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18105
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: RE: Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby Chizzang » Thu May 09, 2019 10:21 am

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
FYP :D

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


Portland has changed you. You're as unbearable as Cleets or Flaggy now... :ohno:



Image
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5902
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby UNI88 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:42 pm

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
FYP :D

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


Portland has changed you. You're as unbearable as Cleets or Flaggy now... :ohno:
Yep. I bought a Subaru and joined antifa. I would be harassing hard working citizens but there aren't any, everyone's like me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51259
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby AZGrizFan » Thu May 09, 2019 1:24 pm

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Portland has changed you. You're as unbearable as Cleets or Flaggy now... :ohno:
Yep. I bought a Subaru and joined antifa. I would be harassing hard working citizens but there aren't any, everyone's like me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


Color me surprised. :coffee: :coffee: :suspicious:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42511
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Biggest Loser

Postby kalm » Thu May 09, 2019 1:26 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Yep. I bought a Subaru and joined antifa. I would be harassing hard working citizens but there aren't any, everyone's like me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


Color me surprised. :coffee: :coffee: :suspicious:


Classic on both of these posts.

:lol:
Image
Image
Image


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baldy, HI54UNI, mainejeff2 and 71 guests