11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Political discussions
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Post by SeattleGriz »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:in case you were wondering
every single person that voted to pass the Alabama abortion law was... wait for it... a white male
Do you think the vote was more based on sex or party line? Every single person that voted to pass it was GOP. They don't have any women or minority members in Alabama.
I can't believe Clefty just assumed the gender of every single person who voted.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Post by SeattleGriz »

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:I like pro-life and pro-death.
Absolutely...
I mean if we're talking Alabama for sure
Hell those good Christian folks were lynching negro's right up until 1981 (not 1881, nineteen eighty one)

Pro-Death indeed

:coffee:

in case you were wondering
every single person that voted to pass the Alabama abortion law was... wait for it... a white male
Every single one loves children then.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Absolutely...
I mean if we're talking Alabama for sure
Hell those good Christian folks were lynching negro's right up until 1981 (not 1881, nineteen eighty one)

Pro-Death indeed

in case you were wondering
Every single one loves children then.

:rofl:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Post by Gil Dobie »

Chizzang wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
I've been thru a few times, it's a nice drive, better than Georgia and the Atlanta traffic. Now the politicians, that's another story.
There's nice people in Alabama

:geek:
I told him about it too - Ronnie Vansant, One More From the Road.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

One thing Alabama shows is that the right is as prone to overreach and own-goals as the left

The AL law moves the debate away from the 99-point something abortions that are elective, and allows the pro-abortion camp the ability to claim that the AL GOP supports rapists and incest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Post by JoltinJoe »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Have you seen Burmese buddhists? They have a couple monks who make the Westboro Baptists look like Mr. Rogers

Very active in calling for persecution of the Rohingya due to their Muslim religion
My point is that Buddhism predates Christianity
Christians act like their stories didn't all come from somewhere else (but they did)

:nod:
Enlighten us. Which Christian "stories" derive from Buddhism?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:One thing Alabama shows is that the right is as prone to overreach and own-goals as the left

The AL law moves the debate away from the 99-point something abortions that are elective, and allows the pro-abortion camp the ability to claim that the AL GOP supports rapists and incest

This.

The AL abortion law will backfire on the conks.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Post by dbackjon »

89Hen wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Multiple posters have used pro-abortion in this thread.

And pro-life is a misnomer as well, since the vast majority care little about them after they are born.
:rofl: Could you be any more stereotypical in your response? What next, abortions in Starbucks if men got pregnant. Surely you're joking?

LMAO - you have no response, so name calling.

And what I said is true. You just can't admit it.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Post by dbackjon »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
I'm going with:
Pro-Abortion Rights and Anti-Abortion Rights

:mrgreen:
I have no problem being labelled that, but in fairness, you should have to come up with two that match "pro" or "anti". I don't think I've ever heard somebody call a pro-choicer "anti-life".
Take your blinders off. They are called baby-killers, murders and worse.

Good lord, abortion makes people like you and JoltinJoe lose all semblance of logic and reason.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

SeattleGriz wrote:
89Hen wrote: Do you think the vote was more based on sex or party line? Every single person that voted to pass it was GOP. They don't have any women or minority members in Alabama.
I can't believe Clefty just assumed the gender of every single person who voted.

Well, since it is known (He is talking about the Alabama State Senate). All the Republicans that voted for it are white males, most of them old
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

dbackjon wrote:
89Hen wrote: I have no problem being labelled that, but in fairness, you should have to come up with two that match "pro" or "anti". I don't think I've ever heard somebody call a pro-choicer "anti-life".
Take your blinders off. They are called baby-killers, murders and worse.

Good lord, abortion makes people like you and JoltinJoe lose all semblance of logic and reason.

89 has been getting pwned on the baby murder debate from the jump.

Also anyone refusing to acknowledge abortion as murder has their own issues as well. :coffee:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

JoltinJoe wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
My point is that Buddhism predates Christianity
Christians act like their stories didn't all come from somewhere else (but they did)

You weren't forced to read Elaine Pagels work..?
I find that suspicious Joe

Not to mention those that believe Jesus himself is re-depiction of the Buddha
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Chizzang wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote:

No, let's suppose I've never read anything by Elaine Pagel.

Enlighten me, SPECIFICALLY. What "Christian" stories derive from Buddhism? If you are going to cite Pagel, or "those who believe Jesus is re-depiction of the Buddha," cite them SPECIFICALLY as your source and IDENTIFY which Christian "stories" they cite as being derived from Buddhism.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote:

Like Jesus, the Buddha has become quite magical as the years have gone by - the legend far outweighs the man

(though I find the actual men much more interesting than their stylized modern personas)

Buddhism is difficult to match up with the other world religions because it is arguably more a philosophy than a religion... which is why there are so many creative iterations of it - not just from culture to culture or country to country, but also town to town

If you think something brought you good luck, then it must have some connection with the spirits and by golly you can put it in the temple with all the other knick knacks and people will blow incense at it and maybe rub some of that luck off on themselves.... the idea of visions of Mary and resulting pilgrimages has a definite correlate in Buddhism

I have to say though - Zen Buddhism is probably the most interesting and variable version- I never saw two Zen temples that were exactly alike. Zen buddhism is “Whatever Floats Your Boat” Buddhism and it is great! The Vietnamese are Zen

I’m less familiar with Shinto but my impression is it is probably the most perfectionist ... no surprises there

Theravada is the Thai version (as well as Burma, Laos, Cambodia, India) and it is much more formulaic in style, scripture, architecture. If you’ve seen one Thai temple you’ve seen them all. A bit boring. The funny thing is that in many Thai temples you will find a small Zen shrine (they call it Chinese)... turns out the Thais like a little spice and they also like to cover all their bases..

I know this was one big ramble^^^^ but I enjoy Buddhism in general and the study of it is fascinating

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Like Jesus, the Buddha has become quite magical as the years have gone by - the legend far outweighs the man

(though I find the actual men much more interesting than their stylized modern personas)

Buddhism is difficult to match up with the other world religions because it is arguably more a philosophy than a religion... which is why there are so many creative iterations of it - not just from culture to culture or country to country, but also town to town

If you think something brought you good luck, then it must have some connection with the spirits and by golly you can put it in the temple with all the other knick knacks and people will blow incense at it and maybe rub some of that luck off on themselves.... the idea of visions of Mary and resulting pilgrimages has a definite correlate in Buddhism

I have to say though - Zen Buddhism is probably the most interesting and variable version- I never saw two Zen temples that were exactly alike. Zen buddhism is “Whatever Floats Your Boat” Buddhism and it is great! The Vietnamese are Zen

I’m less familiar with Shinto but my impression is it is probably the most perfectionist ... no surprises there

Theravada is the Thai version (as well as Burma, Laos, Cambodia, India) and it is much more formulaic in style, scripture, architecture. If you’ve seen one Thai temple you’ve seen them all. A bit boring. The funny thing is that in many Thai temples you will find a small Zen shrine (they call it Chinese)... turns out the Thais like a little spice and they also like to cover all their bases..

I know this was one big ramble^^^^ but I enjoy Buddhism in general and the study of it is fascinating

Whatever the merits of Buddhism, any claim to similarity between Christian "stories" and Buddhism is either highly exaggerated or based on scholarship, like Pagel, that asserts that many of the suppressed gospels include elements of Buddhism.

As to this latter point, these scholars seem to overlook the obvious: these Buddhist-influenced expressions of Christianity were suppressed by the Church leaders because it wasn't CHRISTIAN. Pagel's scholarship actually demonstrates, I think, that far from "deriving stories" from Buddhism, Christianity went out of its way to suppress any expression of Buddhism within Christian tradition.

I expected Cleets to give the standard "virgin birth" answer and I was loaded for bear, lying in wait. :D But he didn't even say that. He just gave his usual, cocktail-hour analysis.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Alabama should be converted in to a toxic dump. I've been through there once....and once was more than enough.

I've been thru a few times, it's a nice drive, better than Georgia and the Atlanta traffic. Now the politicians, that's another story.
Yep.

Don’t remember too much about the 1st 2 times in 98’ and 02’.
-Drove the NW corner on the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2012. Very scenic.
-Drove from ATL through east central Bama to Talladega in Oct 2017, for the Alabama 500, Dale Earnhardt Jr’s last Dega race. Drove around the Talladega National Forest on the way back. Nice drive.
-Have heard Mobile and the Gulf Coast is nice.
-Check out #11 on this list:
https://realestate.usnews.com/places/ra ... es-to-live
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Post by SeattleGriz »

dbackjon wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:I can't believe Clefty just assumed the gender of every single person who voted.

Well, since it is known (He is talking about the Alabama State Senate). All the Republicans that voted for it are white males, most of them old
How do you know? Maybe they are fearful of coming out and you have now further injured them with your's and Cleet's wreckless labeling. You're inciting violence against them as well.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

JoltinJoe wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Whatever the merits of Buddhism, any claim to similarity between Christian "stories" and Buddhism is either highly exaggerated or based on scholarship, like Pagel, that asserts that many of the suppressed gospels include elements of Buddhism.

As to this latter point, these scholars seem to overlook the obvious: these Buddhist-influenced expressions of Christianity were suppressed by the Church leaders because it wasn't CHRISTIAN. Pagel's scholarship actually demonstrates, I think, that far from "deriving stories" from Buddhism, Christianity went out of its way to suppress any expression of Buddhism within Christian tradition.

I expected Cleets to give the standard "virgin birth" answer and I was loaded for bear, lying in wait. :D But he didn't even say that. He just gave his usual, cocktail-hour analysis.
Such an agitated and angst riddled apologist, Joe...
It's not even fun debating with you anymore you're so short tempered

If you're going to try to defend that the whole of Catholicism isn't largely "manufactured"
but instead is entirely pure and original material
straight from the creator

you should set your sights on a bigger target than me...
You should go after a real intellectual and rock the world with your revelation

I'm just a pseudo intellectual small fry
you can run circles around me

Explaining how Religion and Church are NOT manufactured but born from the creator
and how morality is intrinsically tied to this one specific faith and not independent of faith
and how Catholicism has earned its special divine exemption from accountability

You go Joe !!!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Chizzang wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote:

If you're going to try to defend that the whole of Catholicism isn't largely "manufactured"

Explaining how Religion and Church are NOT manufactured but born from the creator
and how morality is intrinsically tied to this one specific faith and not independent of faith

You go Joe !!!
That was a horrible example.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Can we throw Taoism into the mix for giggles?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

because this is the reality of the Anti-Abortion Politician
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/anti-ab ... d=50274843
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Chizzang wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote:

You go Joe !!!

I’m going to send you a bill for sitting through your therapy session.

I asked a simple question. Your response is noise that, incidentally, attributes to me opinions or beliefs I don’t advocate or hold.

Back to the topic.

Name one “Christian” story that is derived from Buddhism.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

JoltinJoe wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

You go Joe !!!

I’m going to send you a bill for sitting through your therapy session.

I asked a simple question. Your response is noise that, incidentally, attributes to me opinions or beliefs I don’t advocate or hold.

Back to the topic.

Name one “Christian” story that is derived from Buddhism.
When I do identify a story from Buddhism that is used in Christianity
will you renounce your faith ..?

:lol:

Then can we name stuff that came from Hindu practices next ..?
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Chizzang wrote: When I do identify a story from Buddhism that is used in Christianity
will you renounce your faith?
Yes. So name one.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

JoltinJoe wrote:
Chizzang wrote: When I do identify a story from Buddhism that is used in Christianity
will you renounce your faith?
Yes. So name one.
So in the Buddhist folklore Theravada Jatakas (some 400 years before Jesus)
The Buddah walks on water