Page 5 of 9

Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:18 am
by Chizzang
CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Don't you mean Buddhism..?

:geek:


Have you seen Burmese buddhists? They have a couple monks who make the Westboro Baptists look like Mr. Rogers

Very active in calling for persecution of the Rohingya due to their Muslim religion


My point is that Buddhism predates Christianity
Christians act like their stories didn't all come from somewhere else (but they did)

:nod:

Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:25 am
by kalm
Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Have you seen Burmese buddhists? They have a couple monks who make the Westboro Baptists look like Mr. Rogers

Very active in calling for persecution of the Rohingya due to their Muslim religion


My point is that Buddhism predates Christianity
Christians act like their stories didn't all come from somewhere else (but they did)

:nod:


A meteorite(s) striking North America during the last ice age, flash melting the glaciers and causing massive floods and biblical rains across the globe,literally did more to shape Earth.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:40 am
by 89Hen
dbackjon wrote:
89Hen wrote:See... it's hard to take anything you say seriously. We were having an adult discussion and you come in with Forced Birth and Talabama...

:ohno:



As opposed to Pro-Abortion? Most Pro-Choice supporters aren't Pro Abortion. They don't want abortions, would rather the conditions that lead to abortions be corrected as much as possible.


But you don't call anyone out that uses that slanted verbiage, which shows that you are biased yourself

Wha? Did I use "pro-abortion", or did somebody else here?

The terms I use are "pro-life" and "pro-choice". Those are the most accurate terms.

There are folks who do get confused and say personally they are pro-life but are pro-choice for others. That just means they are pro-choice. The fact that they say they personally would never have an abortion does not make them pro-life.

Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:46 am
by Chizzang
kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
My point is that Buddhism predates Christianity
Christians act like their stories didn't all come from somewhere else (but they did)

:nod:


A meteorite(s) striking North America during the last ice age, flash melting the glaciers and causing massive floods and biblical rains across the globe,literally did more to shape Earth.


it's just about the last thing the big organized religions have left in the bag of tricks
"We shaped the world and created morality out of thin air"

Humans aren't any less fascinated with the universe or creation and what might be god
Yet the big churches actively connect the loss of organized faith with a decline in morality and more violence

The only problem is... The world is safer and less violent than any time in human history
The whole thing is a shell game - subvert the truth - distort reality - create fear
and brainwash your kids

Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:40 am
by Ivytalk
kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
My point is that Buddhism predates Christianity
Christians act like their stories didn't all come from somewhere else (but they did)

:nod:


A meteorite(s) striking North America during the last ice age, flash melting the glaciers and causing massive floods and biblical rains across the globe,literally did more to shape Earth.

Real wrath of God type stuff!

Dogs and cats sleeping together!

Mass hysteria!

Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:52 am
by GannonFan
Ivytalk wrote:
kalm wrote:
A meteorite(s) striking North America during the last ice age, flash melting the glaciers and causing massive floods and biblical rains across the globe,literally did more to shape Earth.

Real wrath of God type stuff!

Dogs and cats sleeping together!

Mass hysteria!


Just don't cross the streams.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:06 am
by kalm
89Hen wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

As opposed to Pro-Abortion? Most Pro-Choice supporters aren't Pro Abortion. They don't want abortions, would rather the conditions that lead to abortions be corrected as much as possible.


But you don't call anyone out that uses that slanted verbiage, which shows that you are biased yourself

Wha? Did I use "pro-abortion", or did somebody else here?

The terms I use are "pro-life" and "pro-choice". Those are the most accurate terms.

There are folks who do get confused and say personally they are pro-life but are pro-choice for others. That just means they are pro-choice. The fact that they say they personally would never have an abortion does not make them pro-life.


The world is not as black and white as you want it to conveniently be or else everyone who supported the war in Iraq is pro choice. :roll:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:53 am
by dbackjon
89Hen wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

As opposed to Pro-Abortion? Most Pro-Choice supporters aren't Pro Abortion. They don't want abortions, would rather the conditions that lead to abortions be corrected as much as possible.


But you don't call anyone out that uses that slanted verbiage, which shows that you are biased yourself

Wha? Did I use "pro-abortion", or did somebody else here?

The terms I use are "pro-life" and "pro-choice". Those are the most accurate terms.

There are folks who do get confused and say personally they are pro-life but are pro-choice for others. That just means they are pro-choice. The fact that they say they personally would never have an abortion does not make them pro-life.



Multiple posters have used pro-abortion in this thread.

And pro-life is a misnomer as well, since the vast majority care little about them after they are born.

Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:54 am
by dbackjon
Image

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:33 am
by 89Hen
dbackjon wrote:
89Hen wrote:Wha? Did I use "pro-abortion", or did somebody else here?

The terms I use are "pro-life" and "pro-choice". Those are the most accurate terms.

There are folks who do get confused and say personally they are pro-life but are pro-choice for others. That just means they are pro-choice. The fact that they say they personally would never have an abortion does not make them pro-life.



Multiple posters have used pro-abortion in this thread.

And pro-life is a misnomer as well, since the vast majority care little about them after they are born.

:rofl: Could you be any more stereotypical in your response? What next, abortions in Starbucks if men got pregnant. Surely you're joking?

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:20 am
by Gil Dobie
dbackjon wrote:
89Hen wrote:Wha? Did I use "pro-abortion", or did somebody else here?

The terms I use are "pro-life" and "pro-choice". Those are the most accurate terms.

There are folks who do get confused and say personally they are pro-life but are pro-choice for others. That just means they are pro-choice. The fact that they say they personally would never have an abortion does not make them pro-life.



Multiple posters have used pro-abortion in this thread.

And pro-life is a misnomer as well, since the vast majority care little about them after they are born.


Most Dems, from people I have met over the years, also do not like abortion, but I think Pro-Choice is more correct.

I can see where you think a vast majority care little about babies after they are born. It appears that way from watching politicians and the main stream media. Government bureaucracy stands in the way of a lot people that want to take care of these infants, and even older children. We would have, but the rules were too strick. These children were to be treated above and beyond your current children, not as equals according to the government.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:23 am
by 89Hen
kalm wrote:The world is not as black and white as you want it to conveniently be or else everyone who supported the war in Iraq is pro choice. :roll:

It has nothing to do with convenience, it's the truth. If you think it should be up to an individual to terminate a life, then you are pro-choice. If you do not think it should be up to an individual, that's because you believe the unborn baby is a person and you are therefore pro-life. If you'd like to change "pro-life" to pro-baby, pro-person, pro-whatever... that's fine, but it's only semantics.

I get that some people say they would never have an abortion, or never want their wife/friend to have an abortion, but if they are OK with others doing it, then they are pro-choice.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 am
by Chizzang
89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:The world is not as black and white as you want it to conveniently be or else everyone who supported the war in Iraq is pro choice. :roll:

It has nothing to do with convenience, it's the truth. If you think it should be up to an individual to terminate a life, then you are pro-choice. If you do not think it should be up to an individual, that's because you believe the unborn baby is a person and you are therefore pro-life. If you'd like to change "pro-life" to pro-baby, pro-person, pro-whatever... that's fine, but it's only semantics.

I get that some people say they would never have an abortion, or never want their wife/friend to have an abortion, but if they are OK with others doing it, then they are pro-choice.


I'm going with:
Pro-Abortion Rights and Anti-Abortion Rights

:mrgreen:

Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:47 am
by 89Hen
Found one...
dbackjon wrote:the forced-birthers

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:53 am
by 89Hen
Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote:It has nothing to do with convenience, it's the truth. If you think it should be up to an individual to terminate a life, then you are pro-choice. If you do not think it should be up to an individual, that's because you believe the unborn baby is a person and you are therefore pro-life. If you'd like to change "pro-life" to pro-baby, pro-person, pro-whatever... that's fine, but it's only semantics.

I get that some people say they would never have an abortion, or never want their wife/friend to have an abortion, but if they are OK with others doing it, then they are pro-choice.


I'm going with:
Pro-Abortion Rights and Anti-Abortion Rights

:mrgreen:

I have no problem being labelled that, but in fairness, you should have to come up with two that match "pro" or "anti". I don't think I've ever heard somebody call a pro-choicer "anti-life".

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:08 pm
by kalm
89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:The world is not as black and white as you want it to conveniently be or else everyone who supported the war in Iraq is pro choice. :roll:

It has nothing to do with convenience, it's the truth. If you think it should be up to an individual to terminate a life, then you are pro-choice. If you do not think it should be up to an individual, that's because you believe the unborn baby is a person and you are therefore pro-life. If you'd like to change "pro-life" to pro-baby, pro-person, pro-whatever... that's fine, but it's only semantics.

I get that some people say they would never have an abortion, or never want their wife/friend to have an abortion, but if they are OK with others doing it, then they are pro-choice.


Black and white views are always more convenient.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:50 pm
by 89Hen
kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote:It has nothing to do with convenience, it's the truth. If you think it should be up to an individual to terminate a life, then you are pro-choice. If you do not think it should be up to an individual, that's because you believe the unborn baby is a person and you are therefore pro-life. If you'd like to change "pro-life" to pro-baby, pro-person, pro-whatever... that's fine, but it's only semantics.

I get that some people say they would never have an abortion, or never want their wife/friend to have an abortion, but if they are OK with others doing it, then they are pro-choice.


Black and white views are always more convenient.

That's fine. Doesn't make it any less true.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:19 pm
by SeattleGriz
89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
I'm going with:
Pro-Abortion Rights and Anti-Abortion Rights

:mrgreen:

I have no problem being labelled that, but in fairness, you should have to come up with two that match "pro" or "anti". I don't think I've ever heard somebody call a pro-choicer "anti-life".
I like pro-life and pro-death.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:43 pm
by Chizzang
SeattleGriz wrote:
89Hen wrote:I have no problem being labelled that, but in fairness, you should have to come up with two that match "pro" or "anti". I don't think I've ever heard somebody call a pro-choicer "anti-life".
I like pro-life and pro-death.


Absolutely...
I mean if we're talking Alabama for sure
Hell those good Christian folks were lynching negro's right up until 1981 (not 1881, nineteen eighty one)

Pro-Death indeed

:coffee:

in case you were wondering
every single person that voted to pass the Alabama abortion law was... wait for it... a white male

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:45 pm
by Gil Dobie
Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:I like pro-life and pro-death.


Absolutely...
I mean if we're talking Alabama for sure
Hell those good Christian folks were lynching negro's right up until 1981 (not 1881 nineteen eighty one)

Pro-Death indeed

:coffee:


Civilized states use the police departments instead of lynchings.

Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:47 pm
by mainejeff
Alabama should be converted in to a toxic dump. I've been through there once....and once was more than enough.

:coffee:

Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:49 pm
by Gil Dobie
mainejeff wrote:Alabama should be converted in to a toxic dump. I've been through there once....and once was more than enough.

:coffee:


I've been thru a few times, it's a nice drive, better than Georgia and the Atlanta traffic. Now the politicians, that's another story.

Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:03 pm
by Chizzang
Gil Dobie wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Alabama should be converted in to a toxic dump. I've been through there once....and once was more than enough.

:coffee:


I've been thru a few times, it's a nice drive, better than Georgia and the Atlanta traffic. Now the politicians, that's another story.


There's nice people in Alabama

:geek:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:06 pm
by kalm
89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:
Black and white views are always more convenient.

That's fine. Doesn't make it any less true.


Ok is clumsy loaded term.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:32 pm
by 89Hen
Chizzang wrote:in case you were wondering
every single person that voted to pass the Alabama abortion law was... wait for it... a white male

Do you think the vote was more based on sex or party line? Every single person that voted to pass it was GOP. They don't have any women or minority members in Alabama.