CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Don't call it climate change

Postby CID1990 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:21 pm

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:They should have just stuck with "Global Warming" because there is indeed a warming trend in place right now. There may be questions about perspective with respect to geological time as well as with respect to cause and effect but, right now, we are in a warming trend.

Technically correct...
8 of the last 10 years have been the hottest since records have been kept
and teh general trend for the last 30 years is up

Bill Nye has a standing bet for $50k with anybody willing to bet against 2019 being the hottest on record

it's Global Warming
but it doesn't manifest itself as such at every location on earth

It sure as hell does in Bangkok

Fucjking hotter than Baghdad in 2004
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Postby SDHornet » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:33 pm

CID1990 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Jesus analboy, it ain't that hard.
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/06/06/ ... 0-signs-2/

I think Reek’s sabbatical from being perpetually wrong wasn’t long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rofl:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Postby SDHornet » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:36 pm

CA was supposed to be in a perpetual drought...

The Sierra Nevada snowpack is 162 percent of average statewide, more than triple what the number was at the same time last year.
In many areas of the Sierra, the amount of snow is twice as much as is normal for this time of year.
Statewide snow water equivalent has nearly tripled since February 1.
More than 30 atmospheric rivers — storms pulling columns of moisture from the tropics — have helped build up the massive snowpack.
If the snowpack melted all at once it would cover the Sierra in nearly 4 feet of water, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
This year's snowpack is different from the massive one from two years ago. Twenty percent of the snow making up the snowpack was below 8,000 feet in 2017. This year, 40 percent is below 8,000 feet. That's because the storms in 2017 were warmer and didn't deliver as much lower-elevation snowfall, while in 2019 a series of cold systems from the north dropped snow levels. Also, this year's snowpack has a higher snow-water equivalent.
The snow is well distributed across the mountain range, with the two-thirds at about 165 percent of average and the southern areas at 153 percent of average.

https://www.sfgate.com/science/article/snow-survey-Sierra-Nevada-snowpack-record-breaking-13738830.php

The ski lifts in NorCal will be open well into July. The only reason this state has "droughts" is because the envirowakos don't allow reservoirs to be built...

...that's also why I ignore all "drought" water restrictions. :coffee:

Return to “Politics”