Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Staggered Primaries

Postby Pwns » Fri May 24, 2019 4:17 pm

Two Questions:

1. Why do we not just have all primaries on the same day?

And

2. Do the people that complain about how the EC makes some states more important than others care about how much more important the states with the early primaries become? I mean, the EC whittles it down to 1 from 2, but in the primaries you get 2 from a lot more.
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Staggered Primaries

Postby JohnStOnge » Fri May 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Pwns wrote:Two Questions:

1. Why do we not just have all primaries on the same day?

And

2. Do the people that complain about how the EC makes some states more important than others care about how much more important the states with the early primaries become? I mean, the EC whittles it down to 1 from 2, but in the primaries you get 2 from a lot more.

I see the Electoral College as more of a problem. The primaries are just political parties picking their candidates. They should be able to pick their candidates any way they want to. I think they do it wrong in many respects. But they're just picking their candidates.

In a Presidential election we're actually deciding on who is going to be President. The Presidency is the one office on which everybody in the country votes. And we shouldn't have a system whereby everybody votes, more people vote for candidate A, then candidate B gets the office because of this Electoral College crap.

I could actually go for the Electoral College if it was like they contemplated it. You know, the State legislatures pick Electors then the Electors from all the States go to Washington and decide who is going to be President. The idea is that we would have the States pick relatively well educated, knowledgeable people to be electors then those electors would pick the President. If the system was like that nobody like Trump would ever have a snowball's chance in hell of getting into that position. But that's not how it is.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came

css75
Level2
Level2

Re: Staggered Primaries

Postby css75 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:02 pm

John listen and learn, best explanation of it.

https://youtu.be/LXnjGD7j2B0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Politics”