CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Rural Americans would be serfs if we abolished the Electoral College

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Yeah, there wasn't any Bush Hate.
Indeed. W was, as far as I remember, the first President to be habitually compared with Hitler and the Nazis. It's something we can all chuckle about now in the Trump era, but protestors really thought W was right up there with the most evil of dictators.
Romney was a pretty evil Nazi too -

He just never quite got the full treatment because he didn’t win

But between his dog carrier on the roof of the car and him being a warmonger on Russians (like Reagan)... he was obviously just a soft spoken Hitler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Indeed. W was, as far as I remember, the first President to be habitually compared with Hitler and the Nazis. It's something we can all chuckle about now in the Trump era, but protestors really thought W was right up there with the most evil of dictators.

But between his dog carrier on the roof of the car and him being a warmonger on Russians (like Reagan)... he was obviously just a soft spoken Hitler

Don't forget his binder full of nazi bitches!!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

SeattleGriz wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Lets not forget:
he's a grown man that believes in magic underwear...

:shock:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

But remember, the media would never do a "good" Republican wrong, and are only doing it to Trump because of who he is. :roll:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Rural Americans would be serfs if we abolished the Electoral College

Post by SeattleGriz »

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Lets not forget:

Is that underwear magic? Not sure if it bestowed any powers or was more out of respect.

Shows what I know.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote:
css75 wrote:
Though I usually disagree with your posts, they are usually well thought out. This one is an exception.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why can't someone argue that the reason the economy is doing well is because of something a previous administration has done. Isn't that what is said about the 1990s? That Clinton was enjoying the benefits of Reagan policies? It often takes years for the effects of policies, legislation, initiatives, etc... to be felt and measured. I'm not saying that business don't like a Trump administration, but i'm not sure as to how much credit belongs to Obama/Biden vs Trump?pence. :twocents:
Your just trolling AZ to get him to post the long list of economic milestones since Trump took over.

Any normal person would just look at their most recent 401k statements and realize the difference all by themselves. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Lets not forget:

Yep.

Clearly a Nazi

BTW .... have any Presidents or Dem/Rep Presidential candidates ever claimed to be atheists?

Asking for a friend
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Rural Americans would be serfs if we abolished the Electoral College

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Lets not forget:

Yep.

Clearly a Nazi

BTW .... have any Presidents or Dem/Rep Presidential candidates ever claimed to be atheists?

Asking for a friend
Are you saying it was an atheist Nazi bitches binder?
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Lets not forget:

Is that underwear magic? Not sure if it bestowed any powers or was more out of respect.

Shows what I know.

They wear it for protection.. imho because they can only be sold by the church, I think it another money grab. One of my best friends growing up was the straightest person I ever knew, went on the mission, then to BYU, and then the grave with testicular cancer at 27. The underwear did not protect him.

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Yep.

Clearly a Nazi

Asking for a friend
Are you saying it was an atheist Nazi bitches binder?
Well, if we’re going to knock people for their mythologies I don’t know how we quantify Mormons as being worse than anybody else

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

css75 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
One could argue that the economy is an extension of Obama's policies. What has Trump done, actually done, for the economy? Trade wars? Tax cut for the wealthy?
Though I usually disagree with your posts, they are usually well thought out. This one is an exception.

So you agree with that post?

;)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote:
css75 wrote:

Why can't someone argue that the reason the economy is doing well is because of something a previous administration has done. Isn't that what is said about the 1990s? That Clinton was enjoying the benefits of Reagan policies? It often takes years for the effects of policies, legislation, initiatives, etc... to be felt and measured. I'm not saying that business don't like a Trump administration, but i'm not sure as to how much credit belongs to Obama/Biden vs Trump?pence. :twocents:
I've argued that so I think it's definitely a reasonable possibility.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Why can't someone argue that the reason the economy is doing well is because of something a previous administration has done. Isn't that what is said about the 1990s? That Clinton was enjoying the benefits of Reagan policies? It often takes years for the effects of policies, legislation, initiatives, etc... to be felt and measured. I'm not saying that business don't like a Trump administration, but i'm not sure as to how much credit belongs to Obama/Biden vs Trump?pence. :twocents:
Your just trolling AZ to get him to post the long list of economic milestones since Trump took over.

Any normal person would just look at their most recent 401k statements and realize the difference all by themselves. :coffee:
How much power does the American President truly have over the economy? Our economy is massive and contains many moving parts. It's global. Is it a combo of Obama policies, Trump policies, the environment many people perceive to exist under Republican leadership? :coffee: Those are sincere questions. American Presidents can't bend the market to their will - if that were so than we'd always have a great economy and wouldn't have any recessions or depressions. I'm not sure the POTUS is that powerful.

That's not to say, the DOW/S&P might not rise or fall based on a tweet or proposed tariff. But the stock market isn't the economy. Last year we saw stocks drop over fears that economic growth was too strong. So, it's not a 1:1 relationship. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Why can't someone argue that the reason the economy is doing well is because of something a previous administration has done. Isn't that what is said about the 1990s? That Clinton was enjoying the benefits of Reagan policies? It often takes years for the effects of policies, legislation, initiatives, etc... to be felt and measured. I'm not saying that business don't like a Trump administration, but i'm not sure as to how much credit belongs to Obama/Biden vs Trump?pence. :twocents:

:lol: :lol:

Fish weren't bitin' yesterday, bro. :suspicious: :suspicious:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Your just trolling AZ to get him to post the long list of economic milestones since Trump took over.

How much power does the American President truly have over the economy? Our economy is massive and contains many moving parts. It's global. Is it a combo of Obama policies, Trump policies, the environment many people perceive to exist under Republican leadership? :coffee: Those are sincere questions. American Presidents can't bend the market to their will - if that were so than we'd always have a great economy and wouldn't have any recessions or depressions. I'm not sure the POTUS is that powerful.

That's not to say, the DOW/S&P might not rise or fall based on a tweet or proposed tariff. But the stock market isn't the economy. Last year we saw stocks drop over fears that economic growth was too strong. So, it's not a 1:1 relationship. :coffee:
A huge, gigantic mistake made by people with limited understanding like JSO.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

UNI88 wrote:
css75 wrote:

So you agree with that post?

;)

That would be a no.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Your just trolling AZ to get him to post the long list of economic milestones since Trump took over.

+1

The economy is yuge and impacted by a yuge number of factors.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: How much power does the American President truly have over the economy? Our economy is massive and contains many moving parts. It's global. Is it a combo of Obama policies, Trump policies, the environment many people perceive to exist under Republican leadership? :coffee: Those are sincere questions. American Presidents can't bend the market to their will - if that were so than we'd always have a great economy and wouldn't have any recessions or depressions. I'm not sure the POTUS is that powerful.

What are you talking about? What’s a mistake? Let’s not resort to name calling.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
What are you talking about? What’s a mistake? Let’s not resort to name calling.
The mistake you pointed out....mistaking "the stock market" with "the economy". :suspicious: :suspicious:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: What are you talking about? What’s a mistake? Let’s not resort to name calling.
The mistake you pointed out....mistaking "the stock market" with "the economy". :suspicious: :suspicious:
AH. I was looking on my phone and I didn't see it was bolded. :thumb:

Right, that's a common mistake by so many people - including Trump.

And for a baseline - I have a next to nil understanding of the economy and I know that. :lol:
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
AH. I was looking on my phone and I didn't see it was bolded. :thumb:

And for a baseline - I have a next to nil understanding of the economy and I know that. :lol:
Based on you saying Obama fixed it certainly lends credence to your last statement.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

css75 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: AH. I was looking on my phone and I didn't see it was bolded. :thumb:

Based on you saying Obama fixed it certainly lends credence to your last statement.

I didn't say that at all. You read into my statement. I said there's an argument to be made that policies from the Obama administration are taking effect and that they could be partially the cause of our current economic growth...among a litany of other things.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Are you saying it was an atheist Nazi bitches binder?
Well, if we’re going to knock people for their mythologies I don’t know how we quantify Mormons as being worse than anybody else
Really..?
more stupid stuff is "more" stupid than the regular amount of stupid stuff
it can be pretty easily measured

if you're seriously suggesting that Mormonism isn't easily recognized as "dumber" than Catholicism
then I will gladly explain how that works

Dumb can be measured - it's quantifiable

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:
css75 wrote:

Yeah, Trump is driving the economy into the ground. How has Trump affected you personally? Just curious.

One could argue that the economy is an extension of Obama's policies. What has Trump done, actually done, for the economy? Trade wars? Tax cut for the wealthy?
Newsflash- it wasn’t just the wealthy that got tax cuts.
And deregulation.
And ending the Obamacare mandate.
And renegotiating NAFTA.
And pulling out of the Paris Climate deal which would have cost our economy trillions.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:Dumb can be measured - it's quantifiable

:nod:
Just like music and art.