Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Political discussions
User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51685
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby 93henfan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:05 am

:notworthy:


User avatar
Ursus A. Horribilis
Chili w/Beans
Chili w/Beans
Posts: 21562
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:17 pm
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby Ursus A. Horribilis » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:18 pm

That is fantastic. The dude is brilliant.
Charter Member of SSAMPOA

D1B wrote:I'm just getting old and want one in the can

93henfan wrote:Luckily one of the dudes came in to juggle my nuts.

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 5984
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby Pwns » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Wish he'd go back to the Daily Show and replace that yawn-inducing Trevor Noah.
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

User avatar
Ursus A. Horribilis
Chili w/Beans
Chili w/Beans
Posts: 21562
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:17 pm
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby Ursus A. Horribilis » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:11 pm

Pwns wrote:Wish he'd go back to the Daily Show and replace that yawn-inducing Trevor Noah.

Yeah, I liked him way better as well. It's not appointment TV any longer for sure.
Charter Member of SSAMPOA

D1B wrote:I'm just getting old and want one in the can

93henfan wrote:Luckily one of the dudes came in to juggle my nuts.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 50051
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby AZGrizFan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:27 pm

Just watched a different version of the same video. Love this guy....And Noah is utterly unwatchable.
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 21953
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby Ivytalk » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Pretty impressive. I see him in a whole new light now.
Anything I post passes any rational test. — John StOnge 7/12/19

User avatar
Ursus A. Horribilis
Chili w/Beans
Chili w/Beans
Posts: 21562
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:17 pm
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby Ursus A. Horribilis » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Ivytalk wrote:Pretty impressive. I see him in a whole new light now.

He's been that way for a long time but if you catch him from one angle and think that is the whole thing then it sets some people off on the wrong track for sure.
Charter Member of SSAMPOA

D1B wrote:I'm just getting old and want one in the can

93henfan wrote:Luckily one of the dudes came in to juggle my nuts.

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 42352
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby dbackjon » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

That was awesome.
Image
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 50051
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby AZGrizFan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Pretty impressive. I see him in a whole new light now.

He's been that way for a long time but if you catch him from one angle and think that is the whole thing then it sets some people off on the wrong track for sure.


No ****. He will NOT be boxed into any single set of "values" or party line. He's a no-bullshit, calls-em-like-he-sees-em guy. I always liked his comedy...I like him even more in this role.
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 41135
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby kalm » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:54 pm

Yeah...pretty damn impressive and absolutely pathetic on congress and the establishment media who've ignored this. I wish he would have called out individuals by name for their obstruction but then again, maybe that doesn't matter. Any of you who vote for incumbents are looking more and more foolish. THEY...DONT...CARE.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 5984
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby Pwns » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:10 pm

And that's why congress shouldn't get pay raises.
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 50051
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby AZGrizFan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:54 pm

kalm wrote:Yeah...pretty damn impressive and absolutely pathetic on congress and the establishment media who've ignored this. I wish he would have called out individuals by name for their obstruction but then again, maybe that doesn't matter. Any of you who vote for incumbents are looking more and more foolish. THEY...DONT...CARE.


Including ALL of the congressional incumbents running for the Donk nomination.
:nod: :nod: :nod:
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 41135
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby kalm » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:21 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:Yeah...pretty damn impressive and absolutely pathetic on congress and the establishment media who've ignored this. I wish he would have called out individuals by name for their obstruction but then again, maybe that doesn't matter. Any of you who vote for incumbents are looking more and more foolish. THEY...DONT...CARE.


Including ALL of the congressional incumbents running for the Donk nomination.
:nod: :nod: :nod:


Of course. As well as the pussified conk reps who’ve done nothing including Trump. But that’s not what this one is supposed to be about so take your hack partisan **** and gtfo!

:kisswink:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 50051
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby AZGrizFan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:31 pm

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Including ALL of the congressional incumbents running for the Donk nomination.
:nod: :nod: :nod:


Of course. As well as the pussified conk reps who’ve done nothing including Trump. But that’s not what this one is supposed to be about so take your hack partisan **** and gtfo!

:kisswink:


Trump isn’t a 35 year incumbent entrenched in the system, bro. Don’t hate him because he’s successful.
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 42352
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby dbackjon » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:33 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Of course. As well as the pussified conk reps who’ve done nothing including Trump. But that’s not what this one is supposed to be about so take your hack partisan **** and gtfo!

:kisswink:


Trump isn’t a 35 year incumbent entrenched in the system, bro. Don’t hate him because he’s successful.



:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Successful at what? Coddling dictators? Enriching the wealthy? Destroying the Environment? Pissing off our allies? Trashing veterans? Embezzling hundreds of millions? Obstructing justice?

If you are into those things, then yes he is successful.
Image
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 50051
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby AZGrizFan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:38 pm

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Trump isn’t a 35 year incumbent entrenched in the system, bro. Don’t hate him because he’s successful.



:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Successful at what? Coddling dictators? Enriching the wealthy? Destroying the Environment? Pissing off our allies? Trashing veterans? Embezzling hundreds of millions? Obstructing justice?

If you are into those things, then yes he is successful.


Coddling dictators? “I’ll have more flexibility after the election....”
Enriching the Wealthy? Do you really want to compare balance sheets of lifelong senators and congressmen who have magically become multimillionaires on a salary that probably is barely above the poverty line in DC?
Destroying the environment? Who is it that sold enriched unranium to the Ruskies?
Pissing off Allies? DO. NOT. CARE.
Trashing Veterans? Just one...and you don’t like him anyways.
Enbezzling hundreds of millions? I think you’re thinking Of Hillary and her “Foundation”.
Obstructing Justice? Again, Hillary.

Try harder, rube.
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51685
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby 93henfan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:16 pm

I guess I deserve to have one of my threads hijacked for a change. :D

Image

User avatar
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 10461
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 pm
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby Vidav » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:18 pm

That was an awesome speech.
93 had something to do with this:
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20197
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby CID1990 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Hee hee!

Some fact-challenged "journalist" at the "Paper of Record" went after Dan Crenshaw over sponsorship of the 9-11 bill

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/201 ... ting-bomb/
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 41135
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby kalm » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:41 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Successful at what? Coddling dictators? Enriching the wealthy? Destroying the Environment? Pissing off our allies? Trashing veterans? Embezzling hundreds of millions? Obstructing justice?

If you are into those things, then yes he is successful.


Coddling dictators? “I’ll have more flexibility after the election....”
Enriching the Wealthy? Do you really want to compare balance sheets of lifelong senators and congressmen who have magically become multimillionaires on a salary that probably is barely above the poverty line in DC?
Destroying the environment? Who is it that sold enriched unranium to the Ruskies?
Pissing off Allies? DO. NOT. CARE.
Trashing Veterans? Just one...and you don’t like him anyways.
Enbezzling hundreds of millions? I think you’re thinking Of Hillary and her “Foundation”.
Obstructing Justice? Again, Hillary.

Try harder, rube.


Thank you for proving my point. :ohno: :coffee:
Image
Image
Image

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16411
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby houndawg » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:26 am

93henfan wrote::notworthy:



They did what they were hired (with a very nice salary and full bennies) to do. Now they get **** like the rest of America gets **** and they want special treatment. :roll: Whats next? Welfare for farmers without pissing in a cup?
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 50083
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby Ibanez » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:08 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:Yeah...pretty damn impressive and absolutely pathetic on congress and the establishment media who've ignored this. I wish he would have called out individuals by name for their obstruction but then again, maybe that doesn't matter. Any of you who vote for incumbents are looking more and more foolish. THEY...DONT...CARE.


Including ALL of the congressional incumbents running for the Donk nomination.
:nod: :nod: :nod:

Yep. Not a single one of those congresspeople are worth it.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 50083
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby Ibanez » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:25 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Successful at what? Coddling dictators? Enriching the wealthy? Destroying the Environment? Pissing off our allies? Trashing veterans? Embezzling hundreds of millions? Obstructing justice?

If you are into those things, then yes he is successful.


Coddling dictators? “I’ll have more flexibility after the election....”
Enriching the Wealthy? Do you really want to compare balance sheets of lifelong senators and congressmen who have magically become multimillionaires on a salary that probably is barely above the poverty line in DC?
Destroying the environment? Who is it that sold enriched unranium to the Ruskies?
Pissing off Allies? DO. NOT. CARE.
Trashing Veterans? Just one...and you don’t like him anyways.
Enbezzling hundreds of millions? I think you’re thinking Of Hillary and her “Foundation”.
Obstructing Justice? Again, Hillary.

Try harder, rube.


Not to go all JSO, but he trashed POWs with that comment.
'I like people who weren't captured'
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11256
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby Col Hogan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:42 am

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Coddling dictators? “I’ll have more flexibility after the election....”
Enriching the Wealthy? Do you really want to compare balance sheets of lifelong senators and congressmen who have magically become multimillionaires on a salary that probably is barely above the poverty line in DC?
Destroying the environment? Who is it that sold enriched unranium to the Ruskies?
Pissing off Allies? DO. NOT. CARE.
Trashing Veterans? Just one...and you don’t like him anyways.
Enbezzling hundreds of millions? I think you’re thinking Of Hillary and her “Foundation”.
Obstructing Justice? Again, Hillary.

Try harder, rube.


Not to go all JSO, but he trashed POWs with that comment.
'I like people who weren't captured'


He did...you’re correct...

But I believe actions are louder than words...and his administration’s actions towards veterans has been so much better than any previous administration (from either party)...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 50051
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Postby AZGrizFan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:16 am

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Coddling dictators? “I’ll have more flexibility after the election....”
Enriching the Wealthy? Do you really want to compare balance sheets of lifelong senators and congressmen who have magically become multimillionaires on a salary that probably is barely above the poverty line in DC?
Destroying the environment? Who is it that sold enriched unranium to the Ruskies?
Pissing off Allies? DO. NOT. CARE.
Trashing Veterans? Just one...and you don’t like him anyways.
Enbezzling hundreds of millions? I think you’re thinking Of Hillary and her “Foundation”.
Obstructing Justice? Again, Hillary.

Try harder, rube.


Thank you for proving my point. :ohno: :coffee:


You're welcome. :kisswink: :kisswink:
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests