Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Coddling dictators? “I’ll have more flexibility after the election....”
Enriching the Wealthy? Do you really want to compare balance sheets of lifelong senators and congressmen who have magically become multimillionaires on a salary that probably is barely above the poverty line in DC?
Destroying the environment? Who is it that sold enriched unranium to the Ruskies?
Pissing off Allies? DO. NOT. CARE.
Trashing Veterans? Just one...and you don’t like him anyways.
Enbezzling hundreds of millions? I think you’re thinking Of Hillary and her “Foundation”.
Obstructing Justice? Again, Hillary.

Try harder, rube.
Thank you for proving my point. :ohno: :coffee:
You're welcome. :kisswink: :kisswink:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Enriching the Wealthy? Do you really want to compare balance sheets of lifelong senators and congressmen who have magically become multimillionaires on a salary that probably is barely above the poverty line in DC?
Destroying the environment? Who is it that sold enriched unranium to the Ruskies?
Enbezzling hundreds of millions? I think you’re thinking Of Hillary and her “Foundation”.

Try harder, rube.
Not to go all JSO, but he trashed POWs with that comment.
'I like people who weren't captured'
I'm not trying to defend the guy. He's a tool. But brokeback is acting like he's the only one in DC doing this shit when the motherfuckers running for the Donk nomination have perfected that crap over 40-50 years....

And my apologies to 93 for hijacking the thread. Back to regularly scheduled programming.

Jon Stewart has moved up several notches in my book. :notworthy: :notworthy:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
I'm not trying to defend the guy. He's a tool. But brokeback is acting like he's the only one in DC doing this shit when the motherfuckers running for the Donk nomination have perfected that crap over 40-50 years....

And my apologies to 93 for hijacking the thread. Back to regularly scheduled programming.

Yeah I know. :thumb: :thumb:

I've always like Jon Stewart. His first show after 9/11, the opening monologue, is extremely powerful. Go watch it.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Yeah I know. :thumb: :thumb:

I've always like Jon Stewart. His first show after 9/11, the opening monologue, is extremely powerful. Go watch it.
Watched it yesterday. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Yeah I know. :thumb: :thumb:

Watched it yesterday. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I remember sitting in my dorm, watching it. That day and following weeks are still vivid in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

JSUSoutherner on AGS pointed out that taking a look at the video length brings up an irony.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

93henfan wrote::notworthy:

phpBB [video]
Excellent speech. :clap:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote:
93henfan wrote::notworthy:

phpBB [video]
They did what they were hired (with a very nice salary and full bennies) to do. Now they get fucked like the rest of America gets fucked and they want special treatment. :roll: Whats next? Welfare for farmers without pissing in a cup?
Fair points. Heard a counter argument to this issue being that the burden for funding these kinds of added benefits for first responders should be funded through the state and not the fed...but given the massive implications of this attack I think asking the fed for money is fair game...

...and I'd have no problem funding medical support for these folks than about a few hundred other wasteful expenditures by the fed.
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

dbackjon wrote:That was awesome.
This ^
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:JSUSoutherner on AGS pointed out that taking a look at the video length brings up an irony.
Don't let Spandos see that.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 First Responders Mic Drop

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:Yeah...pretty damn impressive and absolutely pathetic on congress and the establishment media who've ignored this. I wish he would have called out individuals by name for their obstruction but then again, maybe that doesn't matter. Any of you who vote for incumbents are looking more and more foolish. THEY...DONT...CARE.
The day I finally realized the elected were really the Uniparty, was after Conks had been ripping Obama all month over something, and then when he gave his State of the Union, the same Conks were clamoring to shake his hand.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

89Hen wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:JSUSoutherner on AGS pointed out that taking a look at the video length brings up an irony.
Don't let Spandos see that.
Spandos has pulled an Analjelly disappearing act.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
houndawg wrote:
They did what they were hired (with a very nice salary and full bennies) to do. Now they get **** like the rest of America gets **** and they want special treatment. :roll: Whats next? Welfare for farmers without pissing in a cup?
Fair points. Heard a counter argument to this issue being that the burden for funding these kinds of added benefits for first responders should be funded through the state and not the fed...but given the massive implications of this attack I think asking the fed for money is fair game...

...and I'd have no problem funding medical support for these folks than about a few hundred other wasteful expenditures by the fed.
I don't have any problem with it either, but I find their grandstanding and sense of entitlement distasteful.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

:roll:
Rand Paul blocks vote on bill to aid 9/11 first responders

Sen. Rand Paul blocked a vote to permanently reauthorize the 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund, which provides financial assistance for first responders suffering from 9/11-related medical issues. Paul prevented the Senate from voting to approve the bill through unanimous consent because of its cost.

"It has long been my feeling that we need to address our massive debt in the country," Paul, a Republican from Kentucky, said on the Senate floor. "And therefore any new spending ... should be offset by cutting spending that's less valuable. We need to at the very least have this debate."

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, who introduced the measure for unanimous consent Wednesday, said that she was "deeply disappointed" by Paul's actions. Under Senate rules, any one senator can propose that a bill be considered for unanimous consent, but one senator can also block it. The bill can still be brought to the floor for debate and a full vote.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rand-paul- ... esponders/
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote::roll:
Rand Paul blocks vote on bill to aid 9/11 first responders

Sen. Rand Paul blocked a vote to permanently reauthorize the 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund, which provides financial assistance for first responders suffering from 9/11-related medical issues. Paul prevented the Senate from voting to approve the bill through unanimous consent because of its cost.

"It has long been my feeling that we need to address our massive debt in the country," Paul, a Republican from Kentucky, said on the Senate floor. "And therefore any new spending ... should be offset by cutting spending that's less valuable. We need to at the very least have this debate."

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, who introduced the measure for unanimous consent Wednesday, said that she was "deeply disappointed" by Paul's actions. Under Senate rules, any one senator can propose that a bill be considered for unanimous consent, but one senator can also block it. The bill can still be brought to the floor for debate and a full vote.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rand-paul- ... esponders/
He’s consistent about his message of needing offsetting cuts with each spending bill thats passed, but this was a dick move, for sure. Very, very bad PR.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote:
He’s consistent about his message of needing offsetting cuts with each spending bill thats passed, but this was a dick move, for sure. Very, very bad PR.
Agreed. What was the point? Lots better ways to go after Congress for a budget-busting (if that exists anymore) vote.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Col Hogan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
He did...you’re correct...

But I believe actions are louder than words...and his administration’s actions towards veterans has been so much better than any previous administration (from either party)...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Except when it comes to trillion dollar tax cuts, or costly weapons systems
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Successful at what? Coddling dictators? Enriching the wealthy? Destroying the Environment? Pissing off our allies? Trashing veterans? Embezzling hundreds of millions? Obstructing justice?

If you are into those things, then yes he is successful.

Try harder, rube.

Man you have gone off the deep end. Moving to Texas has turned you into a flaming conk parrot
LMAO at your non-responses and lies

Yes Trump is coddling Dictators, far more than anything Obama did that you had a hissy fit over.
Trump's tax giveaway continues 50-years of class warfare on the middle and lower classes
Wow, you managed to give a non-answer AND A LIE about Hillary in one sentence. Well done, Trump.
Doesn't care about allies. Pathetic
He has trashed more than McCain, dumbstein
Trump's Foundation was shutdown. Clinton's got an A rating. Trump is making hundreds of millions off the Presidency.

The Mueller report was very clear he obstructed justice.

I guess you gave your brain to Trump. Sad.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Try harder, rube.

Man you have gone off the deep end. Moving to Texas has turned you into a flaming conk parrot
LMAO at your non-responses and lies

Yes Trump is coddling Dictators, far more than anything Obama did that you had a hissy fit over.
Trump's tax giveaway continues 50-years of class warfare on the middle and lower classes
Wow, you managed to give a non-answer AND A LIE about Hillary in one sentence. Well done, Trump.
Doesn't care about allies. Pathetic
He has trashed more than McCain, dumbstein
Trump's Foundation was shutdown. Clinton's got an A rating. Trump is making hundreds of millions off the Presidency.

The Mueller report was very clear he obstructed justice.

I guess you gave your brain to Trump. Sad.
Oh, boy, is this great! :mrgreen: :popcorn:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ivytalk wrote:Oh, boy, is this great! :mrgreen: :popcorn:
A regular clash of the titans. :lol: